Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
bowlinra
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 883
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
2012/07/16 23:06:07 (permalink)
Uncle! I'd long heard the rumor, but now I understand. 

So the May/June bill came in at $432 , the single largest electric bill I've gotten EVER. So I was like, hmmm, that interesting, I better do something about that. So I put the power meter on the boxes and everything seems to be within spec. My in-laws came to visit and said the basement seems warm and that AC is running all the time.. Another Oh boy moment.

Then today the June / July bill came at $512 , Holy Snikey!!! and then I looked again !

I'm having a really hard time looking my wife in the eye and explaining how I have NO IDEA why the electric bill is so expensive . Just kidding, but I think I'm done with GPU folding for the summer.

On the positive side, I may have been inspirited to start another guide: "How to make a homemade rack and folding servers in the garage without driving the AC bill thru the roof." Thoughts?
post edited by bowlinra - 2012/07/16 23:08:19

SMP: 4x AMD 61xx@3.0Ghz - 4x AMD 6176SE@2.71Ghz - 4x AMD 6172@2.41Ghz  - 2x AMD 62xx@3.3Ghz

My Setup:  Home Rack Garage Build  |  How to fold Big Points - AMD 4P / Quad Socket Design and Build Guide  |  Find some deals EVGA's AMD 4P Deals

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."  Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

54 Replies Related Threads

blkhole
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 500
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/16 23:12:38 (permalink)
    The garage w/ an exhaust fan to keep air moving is working for me so far...  Things run hot, but [knock on wood] nothing has failed lately; the weak ones have already dropped and it's the stong boxes that have survived. 

Heatware Info: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=79249
    EVGA Affiliate Code:  XE66EMX2N9
    KMoore4318
    Pistoj Doulos Unum Pluribus
    • Total Posts : 17850
    • Ribbons : 238
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/16 23:17:33 (permalink)
    This time of year; i cut way down, but come winter, I heat my house with EVGA and folding.

Just clink Link to Register >  My Affiliate Code:VTJPDC4OMB 
    1)965 V-8  E761(77)
    2)980X AX1200 E760(77) 980 ti
    3) E770 (77)2(590) SLI AX1200 
    4) X299 FTW K, 9980XE 2 2080 supers on AX1200
    Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6746
    • Ribbons : 16
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 00:36:20 (permalink)
    bowlinra

Uncle! I'd long heard the rumor, but now I understand. 

So the May/June bill came in at $432 , the single largest electric bill I've gotten EVER. So I was like, hmmm, that interesting, I better do something about that. So I put the power meter on the boxes and everything seems to be within spec. My in-laws came to visit and said the basement seems warm and that AC is running all the time.. Another Oh boy moment.

Then today the June / July bill came at $512 , Holy Snikey!!! and then I looked again !

I'm having a really hard time looking my wife in the eye and explaining how I have NO IDEA why the electric bill is so expensive . Just kidding, but I think I'm done with GPU folding for the summer.

On the positive side, I may have been inspirited to start another guide: "How to make a homemade rack and folding servers in the garage without driving the AC bill thru the roof." Thoughts?

just cut back and look at alternatives - we understand - some users like myself will pick up some of it

just the thought of going off the grid with your own solar cells might be it
    just hold back folding for a few month in the summer - if that saves a few hundred each month - put it into solar cells

just to show you what Im paying is nothing... my city utilities
    my entire utility bill(water,gas,electric, city services) +phone.co($50+) +cable.co($100+) is less than $450
    (but that doesn't include this last month where Im using AC to battle the heat)

I also going green savings...low wattage with green lighting( CFL or LED) & appliances to offset any increases.
    I also walk a lot in the dark pitch black basement(ow!!!) -...ie get some led night lights

Im also looking at Solar/wind too

I can really understand the predicament  USA folks have and your high bills (low energy production country)
    Canada exports a lot of power and energy to the US and you pay premium for it because you don't produce enough or conserve enough (old technology - factories... equipment)

1.USA needs an energy plan.
    2. your country need to conserve (insulate homes & buildings,get rid of stuff that is old and wastes energy. You just can't afford it as a country anymore. it's part of what is responsible for your decline. 
    Oil will only last  a few more years 1 generation maybe 2(maybe 50 yrs max)...and will get more expensive
    so you have to find other sources

coal Is not it either - too polluting...what you want to do??... (are we that dumb to kill ourselves with pollution?)
    the solution is "NOT" FOSSIL-FUEL...even clean coal is dirty - it's just cleaner than before

what is left is wind, solar, hydro, and geo-thermal
    there is enough solar energy to run the planet several times over if we tap it
    there is enough roof space on most modern homes to produce more than enough to run a household..should have surplus too

same can be said about geothermal (the planet is a big molten core) tap the energy from the planet for heaven sakes
    you could also heat/cool homes using geo-thermal for a 10th of the cost

you have big barren deserts/salt lakes - use them for energy production

if you can get energy costs under control food prices, transportation costs will come down.
    factories become more profitable and production goes up

3. we need to conserve green/bio-habitats - forests
    we can not keep on taking up more space and assume the planet will clean up the air or water - as we take plants away
    (the only way it gets cleaned)
    we need to build more densely populated areas and give up on having family homes...ie urban sprawl
    again are we that dumb to use up all land for homes/buildings and none for food/plants
    remember it is a finite (we can''t grow a bigger planet or more land).
    and as population grows we need more land for food production not less

PS: Id didn't intend to make this a speech about the US or some energy policy
    just that the USA has to start considering whats best for it's country rather than short term goals
    I really hope you guys get it together and move from the 20th century to the 21st...
    (infrastructure!!!.. baby)

Canada needs a good trading partner - we hate to see you guys slipping 

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

shrekdaklown
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 920
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 00:56:20 (permalink)
    i have a friend that uses solor panels and he produces enough power that during the summer the electric company actually pays him a lil each month because he is sending power back into the grind helping energize other homes on the block and being in Virginia a wind turbine or two would help greatly 

i went to the darkside (intel) they had cookies lol        
    dont forget to show my modrig some lovins guys
    http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=28174

Torell
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 308
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 04:01:35 (permalink)
    folding and summer heat do not get along much..   I was out of town and turned down my AC and cranked my main PC to get some folding done while I was away..   Im back down to my one 24/7 box and plan on keeping it that way till mid fall.  granted I'll toss in some love now and again..  just waiting for the next power bill to see where I'm at.  

Fold on!

LearjetMinako
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1246
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 04:30:06 (permalink)
    I just recently found out about this solar energy device.  A much cheaper and higher effiency to solar PV panels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPc0GIQ8djI 
    http://www.infiniacorp.com/

If you have a clear line of sight to the sun and room to install an old finish satellite dish, you can probably use one of these.  Just one will be enough to power a small home, two for a mid-size home.

Crystal: Intel i7 930 3.6GHz(OC) / EVGA X58 758 / 3x 4GB Corsair XMS3 / GTX 660Ti FTW+ / 2x GTX 560Ti SLI
    Quartz (mothball): Intel i7 2600k 3.8GHz / EVGA Z77 Stinger mITX / 2x 4GB Corsair XMS3 / GTX 660Ti SC
    Mercury: Intel i5 3570k 4.2GHz(OC) / ASRock Z68 mITX / 1x 4GB Corsair XMS3 / 2x GTX 1660 Super
    Cobalt: Intel i7 4710HQ 2.5Ghz / ASUS GL551JM-DH71 / 2 x 8GB / GTX 860m - Gaming/Physics/Astronomy Laptop
    "Honesty" - Means telling the truth to your girlfriend comes at a price.
    texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5064
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 05:03:50 (permalink)
    Better to adjust your cost and live for another Folding day than run your budget in the ground.  Many people have to adjust Folding during the summer, especially with GPUs.  They suck a lot of power and kick out a lot of heat when Folding.  Some of the WUs we get don't help that problem either and push the GPUs too much IMO.

I really like that Infinia Power Dish solar solution.  Wonder what one of those pups cost?  Some of the solar solutions I've priced would finally reach ROI after I was old enough for the "dirt nap".    A cost effective solar solution is the kind of thing we all could use so we could really unleash holy-hell on Folding!   

mflanaga
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3077
    • Ribbons : 15
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 05:14:09 (permalink)
    One of the reasons I went 4P was so I could get rid of the GPU's. I run all but my house rig at ambient temps in an real large shed (more like a small house) in the backyard with box fans blasting open hardware. The GPU's just ran too hot on days like today (about 95F here). I always had to tone down folding somewhat in the summer, now I don't have to!
    My electric costs are down and PPD is up!!
    As you know already bowlinra, those opterons run nice and cool with a great PPD/watt ratio. If you need to, just run them for now until you can come up with a better solution.

texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 05:22:09 (permalink)
    mflanaga
    One of the reasons I went 4P was so I could get rid of the GPU's. My electric costs are down and PPD is up!!
    As you know already bowlinra, those opterons run nice and cool with a great PPD/watt ratio.

MN, your reply has me thinking about what I'm running at home too.  If a 4P could replace a couple of my rigs and use less electricity, I might want to look harder at that solution.  I know that I'd have to factor the upfront cost and then mitigate it by selling off the rigs, electricity savings, etc.  So, could you share your at the wall wattage on your 4P rig(s)?  With that number I could calculate my costs and how much it might save over time to restructure my Folding environment.

stonerhino
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 232
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 05:35:08 (permalink)
    That Infinia stuff is freaking amazing. It's about time they put those sterling engines back to good use. Its such an old design, but incredibly efficient. All you have to do is apply a heat source.

Yeah, I'm really looking into getting one or two for work.

Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6746
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 05:39:47 (permalink)

more than enough to run a house and AC
    http://completesolar.com/
    post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2012/07/17 05:40:51

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

mflanaga
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 06:06:58 (permalink)
    texinga

mflanaga
    One of the reasons I went 4P was so I could get rid of the GPU's. My electric costs are down and PPD is up!!
    As you know already bowlinra, those opterons run nice and cool with a great PPD/watt ratio.

MN, your reply has me thinking about what I'm running at home too.  If a 4P could replace a couple of my rigs and use less electricity, I might want to look harder at that solution.  I know that I'd have to factor the upfront cost and then mitigate it by selling off the rigs, electricity savings, etc.  So, could you share your at the wall wattage on your 4P rig(s)?  With that number I could calculate my costs and how much it might save over time to restructure my Folding environment.

I did exactly what you are thinking. I sold two i7 rigs with one 450 in each of them to offset most of the cost of the 4p. I kinda got lucky in that regard as I got a call from someone I know who was in the market for a couple of new (or in this case "refurbished") machines just after I bought the supermicro board. Still have some GTX 275's and a 470 left , but no rig to put them in. Might put them in as contest prizes.
    Anyway, getting back on track here... i'd be happy to give you the at the wall wattage but I don't have a meter! Gotta get one of those things. I think I actually will get one this weekend when I head to Home Depot. When I get it, I'll post the results for you.

texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 06:23:29 (permalink)
    Thanks MN...looking forward to it.  Yes those Kill-A-Watt devices are pretty handy to have and can be used for more than just PC measurements.  It's pretty revealing to see what various things around the home command in wattage.  I got mine from NewEgg, but have heard that the Depot carries them too.

Viper97
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5208
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 06:26:20 (permalink)
    Easiest way for me to handle the wife was to eliminate the problem of having a wife.  That done, I can pretty much do as I desire.  I do not desire to pay massive electric bills.

Do what you can when you can.  It's all of us in the same boat this time of year.

mflanaga
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 06:47:43 (permalink)
    texinga

Thanks MN...looking forward to it.  Yes those Kill-A-Watt devices are pretty handy to have and can be used for more than just PC measurements.  It's pretty revealing to see what various things around the home command in wattage.  I got mine from NewEgg, but have heard that the Depot carries them too.

Just like to point out that I'm only running 6128's @ 2.53GHz, (8 cores each, not 12), so you might end up with a higher watt usage if you get  dodecas. Of course, how much all depends on your overclock.

bobc36
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 343
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 06:51:39 (permalink)
    mflanaga

texinga

mflanaga

I did exactly what you are thinking. I sold two i7 rigs with one 450 in each of them to offset most of the cost of the 4p. I kinda got lucky in that regard as I got a call from someone I know who was in the market for a couple of new (or in this case "refurbished") machines just after I bought the supermicro board. Still have some GTX 275's and a 470 left , but no rig to put them in. Might put them in as contest prizes.
    Anyway, getting back on track here... i'd be happy to give you the at the wall wattage but I don't have a meter! Gotta get one of those things. I think I actually will get one this weekend when I head to Home Depot. When I get it, I'll post the results for you.

The Summer heat was also a factor in my decision to go 4p. I would be running all of my GPUs blasting, and I wasnt even making  1/3rd of the point but producing 10X the heat and using more than triple the electricity. My wall wattage is in the neighborhood of 460W (non Oc'd) with the 4P. 
    texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 07:07:24 (permalink)
    bobc36
    The Summer heat was also a factor in my decision to go 4p. I would be running all of my GPUs blasting, and I wasnt even making  1/3rd of the point but producing 10X the heat and using more than triple the electricity. My wall wattage is in the neighborhood of 460W (non Oc'd) with the 4P. 

What processors are you running on your 4P and are they at stock clocks?  I just measured my 980X (4Ghz) and 2600K (4Ghz) and each has a single GPU (570 and a 580).  When both of those rigs are Folding SMP and GPU, the total wattage is 916W not to mention the added room heat that comes from the GPU Folding.  While welcome in Winter, not at all desirable in Summer (as we all know).

I'd be OK with just running a 4P rig at stock clocks.  I love to overclock Intel CPUs, but it would not be a large a priority for me with 32, 48 or 64 threads that could run on a single AMD 4P rig.
    post edited by texinga - 2012/07/17 07:08:35

bobc36
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 343
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 07:31:56 (permalink)
    texinga

bobc36

What processors are you running on your 4P and are they at stock clocks?  I just measured my 980X (4Ghz) and 2600K (4Ghz) and each has a single GPU (570 and a 580).  When both of those rigs are Folding SMP and GPU, the total wattage is 916W not to mention the added room heat that comes from the GPU Folding.  While welcome in Winter, not at all desirable in Summer (as we all know).

I'd be OK with just running a 4P rig at stock clocks.  I love to overclock Intel CPUs, but it would not be a large a priority for me with 32, 48 or 64 threads that could run on a single AMD 4P rig.

Tex,

I am running 6174s at stock clocks only because I havent found the time to sit down and overclock them. 

The 4P replaced my i7 920, a x3440 (p55 ~ i7 860), 2 gtx 260s, 1 gtx 295, and a gtx 560 (non ti). That one room in my house had a fan pulling hot air out of it to heat the rest of the house. Now come winter time, I might run some GPUs to give me some extra heat, but we'll see. 

<--- See those Folding numbers? Ask me about how you can get them too!          
    Rigs:  2P E5-2650 Xeon 

cudenver
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 959
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 08:02:58 (permalink)
    would you please do that, i would be very grateful, because I am going to build a p4 and dump gpu's for good. 

mflanaga

texinga

mflanaga

mflanaga
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 08:19:05 (permalink)
    cudenver

would you please do that, i would be very grateful, because I am going to build a p4 and dump gpu's for good. 

Sure thing! I will post it right here, so keep an eye out around Friday sometime. I will have to unplug the rig to do it, and i'd rather do that when starting a wu rather than risk losing one that's almost done.

texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 08:29:54 (permalink)
    bobc36
    I am running 6174s at stock clocks only because I havent found the time to sit down and overclock them. 

The 4P replaced my i7 920, a x3440 (p55 ~ i7 860), 2 gtx 260s, 1 gtx 295, and a gtx 560 (non ti). That one room in my house had a fan pulling hot air out of it to heat the rest of the house. Now come winter time, I might run some GPUs to give me some extra heat, but we'll see. 

Thanks Bobc!!  Using your figure of ~460w for the 4P rig, I could get an ROI in about 7mos by replacing the 980X and 2600K rigs (using my electrical costs to run them).  That is using just the raw cost of electricity to run the rigs.  However, the results could be a bit better when you factor-in that I'm producing less heat that has been causing my AC having to run a bit harder.  If I sold those rigs, then the ROI comes down very fast as in what Mflanaga experienced.  This is getting very tempting indeed...

Hope I haven't hijacked your thread Bowlinra and maybe your post can help some of us "turn lemons into lemonade". 

z3r0t0l0rence
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9599
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 08:30:09 (permalink)
    I feel your pain.  Our electric started climbing back in May.  July and August are a pna!  With no folding/crunching my electic bill was $200 alone.  Our electric rates here in AZ might be going up a additional $7.14 come November.  By then though most of the costs should be down to normal rates that I can start folding/crunching again.

I'm currently working on my green project with solar panels and wind.   I'll post some info on the wind one that most if not all can do for pretty cheap.
    post edited by z3r0t0l0rence - 2012/07/17 08:35:33

i7 930 OC 4.21 
    EVGA E758 
    GSkill 12GB
    Evga GTX 780 SC
    2x Kingston 240 Raid 0
    2x Seagate 4TB

tank1023
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5366
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 16:06:56 (permalink)
    I'd love to sell both rigs for a 4 p rig but I haven't researched the cost in a while and I'm not sure if I can sell the two rigs for enough to cover the cost.

My GPU's are sitting idle right now waiting for the winter.

Folding whatever I can :o)     
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67403

bowlinra
    SSC Member
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 20:59:03 (permalink)
    texinga
    Hope I haven't hijacked your thread Bowlinra and maybe your post can help some of us "turn lemons into lemonade". 

It's totally cool.. I was more or less ranting and interested to see it turn into a thread about AMD 4P energy efficiency discussion. As you know, it a discussion near and dear to me. See Bowlinra's AMD 4P / Quad Socket Design and Build Guide

I've update the section on power supplies to include the power draw numbers I have. See section Hardware Decisions and Discussions - Power Suppy Unit (PSU) for more details.

Power Draw References: 
    SuperMicro H8QGi+-f with 4x 6166HE (85W CPUs) stock is 1.8Ghz 
    Stock 200 @ 465W 
    OC 226 @ 465W 
    OC 236 @ 530W <- Change VCore to 1.05 
    OC 246 @ 542W 
    OC 251 @ 543W 

SuperMicro H8DGU-F with 2x 6176SE (140W CPUs) stock is 2.3Ghz 
    Stock 200 @ 340W 

SMP: 4x AMD 61xx@3.0Ghz - 4x AMD 6176SE@2.71Ghz - 4x AMD 6172@2.41Ghz  - 2x AMD 62xx@3.3Ghz

My Setup:  Home Rack Garage Build  |  How to fold Big Points - AMD 4P / Quad Socket Design and Build Guide  |  Find some deals EVGA's AMD 4P Deals

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."  Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

bowlinra
    SSC Member
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 21:16:48 (permalink)
    z3r0t0l0rence
    I feel your pain.  Our electric started climbing back in May.  July and August are a pna!  With no folding/crunching my electic bill was $200 alone.  Our electric rates here in AZ might be going up a additional $7.14 come November.  By then though most of the costs should be down to normal rates that I can start folding/crunching again.

I was $200 over my bill last year with 2 smaller boxes folding. I've certainly upgrade a bunch since this time last year adding 2x GTX 580, GTX 460, 3x GTS 450, i7 920, AMD 4P and AMD 2P all inside my house.  I think the AC was just running overtime to keep up with all the folding this year, fortunately I didn't burn up my $8K house AC unit (knock on wood).

So I've shutdown the GPU folding until likely September, I've moved the AMD servers to the garage (I plan to create a separate thread on the home rack project) and just SMP on the remain PC. Hopefully that will cut the July / August bill to roughly normal.

cudenver
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 959
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 22:06:12 (permalink)
    so when all is said and done, 
    what would you compare your 4p system to. 
    maybe like 2 i7rigs each with a gtx 480, just trying to get an idea. 
    thanks 
    bowlinra

z3r0t0l0rence

I was $200 over my bill last year with 2 smaller boxes folding. I've certainly upgrade a bunch since this time last year adding 2x GTX 580, GTX 460, 3x GTS 450, i7 920, AMD 4P and AMD 2P all inside my house.  I think the AC was just running overtime to keep up with all the folding this year, fortunately I didn't burn up my $8K house AC unit (knock on wood).

So I've shutdown the GPU folding until likely September, I've moved the AMD servers to the garage (I plan to create a separate thread on the home rack project) and just SMP on the remain PC. Hopefully that will cut the July / August bill to roughly normal.

bowlinra
    SSC Member
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/17 22:45:50 (permalink)
    cudenver
    so when all is said and done, 
    what would you compare your 4p system to. 
    maybe like 2 i7rigs each with a gtx 480, just trying to get an idea. 
    thanks 

I'm glad you asked. Just update the information here.
    http://forums.evga.com/fb.ashx?m=1638130

texinga
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/18 04:12:25 (permalink)
    Bowlinra, I really enjoy that living-document 4P Guide that you have provided for us!    If I could recommend you for more than the 1 Blue Ribbon, I would!  I especially like how the Guide has sections with hyperlinks.  That makes using it so much more efficient and user-friendly.  It is really power-packed with information that makes it the best 4-P Guide that I've seen to date.

If you are interested in another link for the Builds/Case section, here's one from a member over at OCN where the guy put a 4P into a Corsair 800D on water.  If I do a 4P, I'll be using my existing 800D for the case.
    http://www.overclock.net/...ding-4pie-goodness-wip

mflanaga
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Uncle!! Power Company you Win! 2012/07/18 05:09:39 (permalink)
    tank1023

I'd love to sell both rigs for a 4 p rig but I haven't researched the cost in a while and I'm not sure if I can sell the two rigs for enough to cover the cost.

My GPU's are sitting idle right now waiting for the winter.

well, as soon as you stop putting fuel in that yacht of yours you'll be able to affor a 4p rig!!
    ...and there's plenty of opteron cpu deals floating around out there. The only thing you can't get away cheap with is the board and memory. You can use any old hard drive and a moderate PSU and you do not need a case so long as it won't be a hazard for anyone in your home.

Enjoy the boat big guy

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile