class action against nvidia for the 970 owners

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 11
Author
houkom
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1283
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/09 10:21:20 (permalink)
kdarkmoor
billygilley1
Hey What about the 760 GTX 4gb card owners?? its says i only have 3.7gb

That last .3 is likely being reserved by windows.

I was thinking he was looking at system memory instead of video memory.

13900k | 64GB Trident Z5 6400mhz | MSI Z790 CARBON WIFI | MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM X |  2TB Sabrent Rocket | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | Corsair AX1200

chrcoluk
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 138
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/10 03:39:53 (permalink)
Still dont understand why the issue would affect 4k gaming.

I game at 1050p and many games go over 3 gig usage.
Rigbuilder12
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 119
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/10 05:31:39 (permalink)
Listening to all you guys complain over this matter is just flat out hilarious...........at the end of the day the 970GTX is still the 2nd fastest gpu on the planet atm......

Just in case you missed thishttp://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/the-geforce-gtx-970-review-feat-evga/4
The 970 GTX FTW is right on par with the 980GTX on every single game......

post edited by Tweaked - 2015/02/10 14:50:14
schmak01
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 174
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/10 06:17:11 (permalink)
Rigbuilder12
Listening to all you guys complain over this matter is just flat out hilarious...........at the end of the day the 970GTX is still the 2nd fastest gpu on the planet atm......

Just in case you missed thishttp://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/the-geforce-gtx-970-review-feat-evga/4

Sure the FTW is not the stock, and in benchmarks that are not using more than 1440p resolution.  If you enable DSR or try 4k, as soon as you hit 3.5 GB VRAM, then that drops like a rock.

It should not be a problem for 99% of the users of the card, but many did buy it for 'future proofing' in case they wanted to use DSR, 4k or other down sampling applications that are VRAM intensive and a few are trying to use it in that capacity.  'True' 4GB cards can handle 4k much more efficiently.   To call people morons because they bought something advertised as have the capability to do X, but finding out it cannot, is a little hypocritical.  As a consumer, it is your right and obligation to hold product manufacturers responsible.  To ignore this kind of misrepresentation only further empowers vendors and manufacturers to continue with false advertisement.  I mean, if you bought a sports car, it was supposed to have 4 seats, but only had three, and you know you would rarely use the 4th seat anyway, would you keep it?  Probably not.  The position that you would never use the 500 MB is a straw man argument and is only meant to deflect away from the true issue, and that was the card specifications released were invalid and misrepresented the product. 
post edited by Tweaked - 2015/02/10 14:50:29

• CPU: 5900X / 3800XT
  • MB: Asus Strix X570-E / Asus TUF B550
  • RAM: 32 GB TridentZ 3200 CL14 (stock timings) / 64 GB Ripjaws 3600 cl 16
  • GPU: EVGA 3080TI Hybrid (converted from FTW 3 Ultra) /  EVGA 3080 Hybrid (converted from FTW 3 Ultra)
  • Storage: Sabrent 2 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD,WD SN750 1 TB PCIe 3.0 SSD / 2x 4TB WD RED Pro, 1x  Sabrent Rocket Pro 1TB,  4x Crucial MX500 2TB
  • Cooling: H115i Pro Platinum / Vetroo 360mm AIO
  • Case: Corsair 680X / Corsair 5000D Black

Nerkotiq
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/10 06:31:37 (permalink)
Rigbuilder12

The thing is most benchmark shows FPS....Those of us having problem with the 970 have stuttering issues which relies on frametimes. Stutterring appears when the card needs to access the 0.5GB part of the vram.
Those issues will not be visible on any FPS benchmark.
post edited by Tweaked - 2015/02/10 14:50:43
schmak01
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 174
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/10 06:32:31 (permalink)
BF3PRO
schmak01
BF3PRO
The piazza analogy doesn't really work.... You should inspect the pizza fully before you accept it while the pizza shop will most likely replace it they shouldn't as you clearly weren't smart enough to look at it first.. I want the company to win... But I'm just a true capitalist and understand most people signing the petition are one of three things:
Haters of success
Didn't care or notice until the word lawsuit came up
Don't even own a 970

Works perfectly fine.  Who is examining video cards before buying from an online retailer? Who goes to a pizza shop? You get delivery just like you do with video cards.
So before you pay at the door you can't open the box and inspect it? Many people go to pizza shops and many people go to best buy, tiger direct, micro center, and mom and pop shops... Newegg will usually allow you to return the item if you aren't happy... My here are many options you just have to choose to exercise them...

Do you open the pizza box before you hand the guy your money? I never have, and yes have been burned a few times with getting the wrong pizza.  Calling and asking the company for a refund/new pizza was never a problem.  When you bought your card from an online retailer, did you try and push all the memory usage? I bet not.  If you didn't try or did not see this issue before your free return period was out, you were left holding the cost of the manufacturer's mistake.  That's not on you as the consumer.  Just because you might never use the full 4 GB or eat that last slice of pizza does not mean you did not pay for the right to use it based on the specifications outlined at the time of purchase.

Really no point in arguing as nVidia has already admitted it was a mistake and the wrong documentation was released. Its just now onto how they will correct the problem.  EVGA is offering an extended trade up period, I am not sure what Gigabyte, ASUS, MSI and others are offering. Depending on now nVidia's up coming driver 'fix' will reduce the impact of the issue will determine how the law suit ends.  Considering this is a designed hardware configuration, I doubt software will do anything to correct it, but at least they are trying to correct the issue for their customers. 

• CPU: 5900X / 3800XT
  • MB: Asus Strix X570-E / Asus TUF B550
  • RAM: 32 GB TridentZ 3200 CL14 (stock timings) / 64 GB Ripjaws 3600 cl 16
  • GPU: EVGA 3080TI Hybrid (converted from FTW 3 Ultra) /  EVGA 3080 Hybrid (converted from FTW 3 Ultra)
  • Storage: Sabrent 2 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD,WD SN750 1 TB PCIe 3.0 SSD / 2x 4TB WD RED Pro, 1x  Sabrent Rocket Pro 1TB,  4x Crucial MX500 2TB
  • Cooling: H115i Pro Platinum / Vetroo 360mm AIO
  • Case: Corsair 680X / Corsair 5000D Black

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/10 07:26:17 (permalink)
schmak01
BF3PRO
schmak01
BF3PRO
The piazza analogy doesn't really work.... You should inspect the pizza fully before you accept it while the pizza shop will most likely replace it they shouldn't as you clearly weren't smart enough to look at it first.. I want the company to win... But I'm just a true capitalist and understand most people signing the petition are one of three things:
Haters of success
Don't even own a 970

Works perfectly fine.  Who is examining video cards before buying from an online retailer? Who goes to a pizza shop? You get delivery just like you do with video cards.
So before you pay at the door you can't open the box and inspect it? Many people go to pizza shops and many people go to best buy, tiger direct, micro center, and mom and pop shops... Newegg will usually allow you to return the item if you aren't happy... My here are many options you just have to choose to exercise them...

Do you open the pizza box before you hand the guy your money? I never have, and yes have been burned a few times with getting the wrong pizza.  Calling and asking the company for a refund/new pizza was never a problem.  When you bought your card from an online retailer, did you try and push all the memory usage? I bet not.  If you didn't try or did not see this issue before your free return period was out, you were left holding the cost of the manufacturer's mistake.  That's not on you as the consumer.  Just because you might never use the full 4 GB or eat that last slice of pizza does not mean you did not pay for the right to use it based on the specifications outlined at the time of purchase.

Really no point in arguing as nVidia has already admitted it was a mistake and the wrong documentation was released. Its just now onto how they will correct the problem.  EVGA is offering an extended trade up period, I am not sure what Gigabyte, ASUS, MSI and others are offering. Depending on now nVidia's up coming driver 'fix' will reduce the impact of the issue will determine how the law suit ends.  Considering this is a designed hardware configuration, I doubt software will do anything to correct it, but at least they are trying to correct the issue for their customers. 
I agree a mistake was made and guess what? I believe they didn't lie it was most likely miscommunication... You think people would risk their jobs for this? Also, yes I open and inspect the pizza before I pay its your choice not to...

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

fkrIII
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 168
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/10 14:15:06 (permalink)
well I run at 1440p and a quick run of the benchmark shows me running at 60 fps and using exactly 3.5gddr.  now if I up sample I get stuttering,  I want to upsample I am already running 60+ ave fps and I will trade resolution for aa any day but i cannot because this card is gimped.  I bought one thing and was sold another

also in my situation I came from CF 7950's and the performance between those two cards (OC to 1200/1500) and this one is equal.  the only reason I made the change was for the extra gig of ram  to upsample my picture for now and some heaad romm for future games, at least the next year.  I like to run mods and high resolution texture packs and I am no longer sure this card will do it with the performance i expect.  I buy at least one new gpu every year and I was going to SLI my ssc+ but now i am waiting for amd.  C'est la vie.

the gtx 970 is equal to two $100 cards with only another 0.5gddr.   this is why I will never be a fanboy of any product and will transition to another brand.

I get it but really how much better is this card than two 7950's/r9 280 considering performance is equal
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/R9_280X_Direct_Cu_II_TOP/17.html
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_970_Gaming/18.html

this may not be a big deal to some but I do not feel that it makes my feelings and argument any less relevant.
chrcoluk
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 138
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/10 15:58:08 (permalink)
BF3PRO
schmak01
BF3PRO
schmak01
BF3PRO
Haters of success
Don't even own a 970

I agree a mistake was made and guess what? I believe they didn't lie it was most likely miscommunication... You think people would risk their jobs for this? Also, yes I open and inspect the pizza before I pay its your choice not to...

the answer is yes.

Ironically I reading up on plane crashes last night, and one of the manufacturers found the fault that caused a horrific crash before the planes got brought into service but the company didnt do any fix as they said it would have delayed sales, also when they were regulated to do fixes after the first crash, they shipped some planes out with paperwork signed saying the changes were made but they wasnt.  So yes in the corporate world profits are king.
MrImSoGood
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1285
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/10 17:28:22 (permalink)
chrcoluk
BF3PRO
schmak01
BF3PRO
schmak01
BF3PRO
Haters of success
Don't even own a 970

the answer is yes.

Ironically I reading up on plane crashes last night, and one of the manufacturers found the fault that caused a horrific crash before the planes got brought into service but the company didnt do any fix as they said it would have delayed sales, also when they were regulated to do fixes after the first crash, they shipped some planes out with paperwork signed saying the changes were made but they wasnt.  So yes in the corporate world profits are king.

That's capitalism for you
puhfifer
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/11 06:41:17 (permalink)
schmak01

Can't find anything about this evga extended trade up period, have a link? Bought my 970 to upgrade to 4k and it's looking pretty useless atm.
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/11 07:11:19 (permalink)
I'm on the "get over it" side.
*shrug* I bought a 970 for a gift for someone.

I won't be joining any class action lawsuit to line lawyers pockets while I get 10 bucks.

and "That's capitalism for you"? really?

More like "that's greedy bean counters for you". Capitalism creates innovation. thanks.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/11 07:41:32 (permalink)
MrImSoGood
chrcoluk
BF3PRO
schmak01
BF3PRO
schmak01
BF3PRO
Haters of success
Don't even own a 970

the answer is yes.

That's capitalism for you
Thats Crapitalism or Cronyism if people actually knew real capitalism they would praise it...

Edit- transdog beat me to it...

The funny thing is because of regulation smaller airlines and craft manufacturers find it hard to innovate becausebof cronyism... If there were less regs it would be in their best interests to make a safe craft because someone would find out and their sales would stop.... Think about that...
post edited by BF3PRO - 2015/02/11 07:44:51

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

chosin
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 139
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/11 11:41:56 (permalink)
most us are not complaining just because of specs (even though it was false). We are complaining cause the fans sound like electronic duster, and it also stutters. It could have 1 meg or 20 gigs of gddr in it. I would been perfectly happy it was 3.5 as long as it handles the graphics at 1080 or even 4k. I bought the new technology because DSR and to have good performance at 1080 according to benches. No site discloses that it was a stutter fest. Then when they were challenged they announced it.

2 Evga For The Waste+ 970 gtHEX'S
ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer
Creative Soundblaster Z PCI express soundcard- not installed right now
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 2400
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core
Samsung 840 pro OS
Crucial M100 512gb game drive
Razor Sabertooth Xbox controller
OS Win 8.1 64bit
johnerz
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2076
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/11 13:30:32 (permalink)
chosin
most us are not complaining just because of specs (even though it was false). We are complaining cause the fans sound like electronic duster, and it also stutters. It could have 1 meg or 20 gigs of gddr in it. I would been perfectly happy it was 3.5 as long as it handles the graphics at 1080 or even 4k. I bought the new technology because DSR and to have good performance at 1080 according to benches. No site discloses that it was a stutter fest. Then when they were challenged they announced it.

That's funny - I get none of what you describe  :)   But then I don'y have SLI - not needed for 1080P monitors  :)

chosin
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 139
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/12 07:00:34 (permalink)

scroll down to patch 1.3 its kinda bad when a software company recognizes the flaw in our cards ( 970 GTX ). It validates our reasoning never have a seen a studio out right paste " Minor performance tweaks for GTX970 users" that targets a single gpu. generally sli or older cards are enhanced. The game is only a week old If you are not experiencing any issues congrats. The game has only been out for a week do you think that patch would exist if we would of stayed silent.

2 Evga For The Waste+ 970 gtHEX'S
ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer
Creative Soundblaster Z PCI express soundcard- not installed right now
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 2400
Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core
Samsung 840 pro OS
Crucial M100 512gb game drive
Razor Sabertooth Xbox controller
OS Win 8.1 64bit
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/13 17:30:05 (permalink)
puhfifer
schmak01

Can't find anything about this evga extended trade up period, have a link? Bought my 970 to upgrade to 4k and it's looking pretty useless atm.

Call EVGA. Problem solved. They don't do exchanges via the forum. ;)

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

shaneduce
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2017
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/13 19:48:47 (permalink)
 expecting $350 video card to  proform like a $600ish card.........
post edited by shaneduce - 2015/02/13 19:59:34
malick
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/13 20:06:06 (permalink)
Its amazing watching this unfold; I'm on the I don't understand all the hoopla side of the fence.

Semper Fidelis to all those before me, all those that were with me and all those still fighting the fight.
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7220
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/13 20:32:30 (permalink)
malick
Its amazing watching this unfold; I'm on the I don't understand all the hoopla side of the fence.

Do you have a 970?
howdy2u2
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1896
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/13 20:59:11 (permalink)
chrisdglong
malick

Do you have a 970?

I do X2 ...........I don't understand it either.

chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7220
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/13 21:22:00 (permalink)
howdy2u2
chrisdglong
malick

Do you have a 970?

I do X2 ...........I don't understand it either.

I guess it bothers some people more than others. You don't really have to understand it. 
Cpt.Vance
  • Total Posts : 68
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/14 08:42:36 (permalink)
Woah, haven't thought that this would escalate this quickly, only if nvidia shipped it with 3.5 Gb VRAM it would be much better than the scenario unfolding now.....

i7 4770K OC'd to 4.3GHZ
32gb 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM
Asus Z87-PRO Board Capacitor Upgrade 
Corsair Graphite 600T White 
2x EVGA GTX 780 Classified OC'd to 1329 MHZ 
Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion SC
Corsair HX1050 1050W PSU
Thermaltake CLP-0564 Frio CPU Heasink
NZXT Sentry XL Fan Controller
4 TB WD Black(2X2TB Partitions)
Viewsonic 21" CRT Monitor P227fB 115HZ @ 1280x1024p
Mitsubishi 22" CRT Monitor 2070SB 120HZ @ 800x600p
BenQ XL2720Z 27" TN LCD Monitor 144HZ @ 1920x1080p
Acer ASPIRE 17" CRT Monitor AJ17 95HZ @ 1280x720p

Stay Puft
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 286
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/14 09:38:44 (permalink)
Rigbuilder12

Agreed. All the whiners need to sell their cards and go AMD then see how horrible the drivers are. 
the_real_maverick
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/14 10:41:45 (permalink)
Stay Puft
Rigbuilder12

Agreed. All the whiners need to sell their cards and go AMD then see how horrible the drivers are. 

Love the fact that you call people who are upset about being lied to "whiners".  I guess the question I'll ask you is,...where do you draw the line between whining and legitimate complaints?  You could say everyone that complains about something is whining, but to me, this is a legitimate complaint on a spec discrepancy. 

Intel i7 6700K 4.0Ghz/ EVGA 980TI Classified / 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400 / Gigabyte G1 gaming mobo / Western Digital Black 1 TB HDD/ Mushkin 1TB SSD / Corsair 750W PSU / 27" Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440 G-sync 165hz / Razer Deathadder / Logitech G810 Spectrum / Windows 10 64bit / K70 RGB

http://www.heatware.com/u/70338
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/14 10:45:58 (permalink)
Where do you draw the line? If it affects you negatively, then you have a valid complaint. If not, you are whining. If it affects you, you can choose to return the card for a refund, return the card and upgrade to the 980 for added cost, or keep the card and remain as unhappy as you wish.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

RainStryke
The Advocate
  • Total Posts : 15872
  • Ribbons : 60
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/14 15:02:17 (permalink)
People are taking this class action lawsuit way out of context and are starting to apply very sad justifications to the way Nvidia has handled this situation.

The original post has a link to a class action lawsuit that effects everyone that can not return their product or upgrade through their OEM. This isn't just EVGA, it's for every OEM that makes the GTX 970. The 7K+ people that signed the petition are not able to get a refund or upgrade and are not happy with what they have because they are stuck with it unless they take a large loss selling a used video card to move over to something else.

I saw Nvidia had released a driver a week after I returned my SLI GTX 970's. From what I can speculate is, no one can really break the 3.5GB barrier anymore and it seems to have alleviated the issues. Many of the more recent reviewers have the conception that you can't break 3.5GB of VRAM usage because the games just don't demand it... I saw 4GB of usage when I owned them, I also saw major performance issues... I gave them the benefit of the doubt at the time because the issue was not wide spread yet... So I ended up switching out all of my hardware and did a full PC upgrade thinking it was something else.

I've been following this situation ever since Nai's benchmark that ended up prompting Nvidia to respond:
http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-Responds-GTX-970-35GB-Memory-Issue

Then a Nvidia rep on Guru3D responded that they would help with returns:
http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-Plans-Driver-Update-GTX-970-Memory-Issue-Help-Returns

Shortly after, Nvidia has that rep change his response to say the GTX 970 is exactly as it was intended to be, you can see in the updates on that last link I posted. They recognized the cards faults, then took it away to avoid having to respond it by saying the card is exactly as intended to avoid a PR nightmare. This has been handled very poorly by Nvidia. Instead of fixing the problem, they are saving a lot more money by getting the top review sites to lessen the blow but not sound entirely bias. In a few more months, this will be entirely forgotten. I've all ready seen quite a few forums kill off threads like this and the next one to replace it becomes less effective at getting the word out with more and more people just telling others to shut up about it.
post edited by RainStryke - 2015/02/14 15:58:11

Main PC | Secondary PC
Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/14 15:45:03 (permalink)
Funny that my GTX 980 cards(2) display the same as the left image at the bottom.
But unlike the 72.xx and 26.xx as shown below mine showed 9.xx

I wonder if this runs the same with SLI Disabled as to SLI Enabled?

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Stay Puft
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 286
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/14 16:08:27 (permalink)
the_real_maverick
Stay Puft
Rigbuilder12

Love the fact that you call people who are upset about being lied to "whiners".  I guess the question I'll ask you is,...where do you draw the line between whining and legitimate complaints?  You could say everyone that complains about something is whining, but to me, this is a legitimate complaint on a spec discrepancy. 

I ran TRI 970's before upgrading to TRI 980's and they performed at 4K just fine. Its a 300 dollar video card. It really doesnt bother me. If i had some issues i would have just turned down the settings 
fkrIII
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 168
Re: class action against nvidia for the 970 owners 2015/02/15 16:32:30 (permalink)
and by turn down the settings you are inferring that you would make it so the card only uses 3.5 GDDR.  now I am happy.

I went from 2x 3 GDDR cards that performed inline with a single gtx970.  I wanted to have a 4GDDR GPU as some games were eclipsing my 3 gddr (rome total war 2 for example).  this upgrade just was not worth it for 0.5 GDDR.  I bought and sold quite a few GPU's to find the best set of overclocking cards to run together.  those cannot be replaced.  so in the end I have a good enough card that is not really what i thought I purchased.  I was mislead.  I am not sore as I tend to buy a new GPU ever6-12 months anyways so I will probably give amd another go and sell this card.

In the end what really pisses me off is that I was excited to run 970's in SLI.  I would have bought one yesterday if this issue was not present.  just have to wait and see what nvidia and amd come out with
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 11
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile