Z68 sli no start after power outage.

Author
uncle poop
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 576
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/09/30 12:36:49 (permalink)
So today the power went out in the area. I turned my surge protector off and the power button on my corsair hx850 psu. Once the power came back on I put everything on. Now the computer will not start up.

I have since unplugged and plugged everything in. Left all but a stick of ram in and nothing seems to work. Since there is no infor in the manual for the motherboard I need some help. There is a tiny blue light next to the 24 pin connector that is flashing and the power button on the motherboard is flashing green.

Please hopefully one of you fine people can help me out.

5 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Z68 sli no start after power outage. 2016/09/30 20:10:59 (permalink)

That power outage may have burned something out. I would try a different PSU first, with the MB, and 1 stick of Ram.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    uncle poop
    SSC Member
    Re: Z68 sli no start after power outage. 2016/10/01 02:43:09 (permalink)
    XrayMan

That power outage may have burned something out. I would try a different PSU first, with the MB, and 1 stick of Ram.

Yeah I figured this was going to be the next step. I did the jump test on my psu and the fans and lighting went on. I am hoping the cpu or motherboard didn't get fried. I was also hoping to find out what the flashing lights meant since there is no info about this motherboard anywhere on this site.
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Z68 sli no start after power outage. 2016/10/01 03:45:44 (permalink)
    uncle poop
    XrayMan

Yeah I figured this was going to be the next step. I did the jump test on my psu and the fans and lighting went on. I am hoping the cpu or motherboard didn't get fried. I was also hoping to find out what the flashing lights meant since there is no info about this motherboard anywhere on this site.

Wait a sec, the blue indicator is the standby indicator, it will be solid blue when the system is getting normal constant power. So if its blinking it means you have a power issue, most likely from the psu. The power button on the board should be red, not green. The reset button next to it is green and will blink when theres hdd activity. Are you sure its not that one? That's normal so don't worry about that one if that's the case. Did you try a cmos reset and pull the battery?!?! What codes does the LED/Temp display stop on when it doesn't boot?

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Z68 sli no start after power outage. 2016/10/01 03:52:23 (permalink)
    wmmills
    uncle poop
    XrayMan

Wait a sec, the blue indicator is the standby indicator, it will be solid blue when the system is getting normal constant power. So if its blinking it means you have a power issue, most likely from the psu. The power button on the board should be red, not green. The reset button next to it is green and will blink when theres hdd activity. Are you sure its not that one? That's normal so don't worry about that one if that's the case. Did you try a cmos reset and pull the battery?!?! What codes does the LED/Temp display stop on when it doesn't boot?

+1 to resetting the CMOS

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

uncle poop
    SSC Member
    Re: Z68 sli no start after power outage. 2016/10/01 04:47:37 (permalink)
    wmmills

It is definitely the power button flashing freen. It flashes in time with the tiny blue led. The blue les I am referring to is located left of the 24-pin connector. I had tried the cmos button but not the jumper so I will try that when I get home from work. Never thought about pulling the little battery will do that as well.

Thanks all for the help. This frankenputer has been headache after headache.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile