XCOM 2

Author
El-Dubya
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2016/02/03 15:46:20 (permalink)

Reviews coming in and it's looking to one up the previous 2 games!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/01/xcom-2-review?read
http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/1/10872594/xcom-2-review-PC
http://www.pcgamer.com/xcom-2-review/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAW0_mLXrm0

I spent 700+ hours on the last 2 games, longer than any game in my Steam library. Let's see if I can't break that personal record .
Releases Feb 5, currently preloading.       

7 Replies Related Threads

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: XCOM 2 2016/02/04 15:11:31 (permalink)
    I remember playing the previous one and put a good hour or even more into a single mission only for the computer to cheat at the very end killing half my team and I just uninstalled.

El-Dubya
    iCX Member
    Re: XCOM 2 2016/02/04 16:16:30 (permalink)
    ^Well... I guess I'm just not that easily defeated .

Anyway, here's some additional mods from the Long War team that should be available on launch day:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xcom-2-launch-day-mods-from-long-war-team-revealed/1100-6434358/

Firaxis recently announced that it had partnered with the creators of an acclaimed mod for XCOM: Enemy Within to offer mods right at the launch of XCOM 2. During a PAX South panel this weekend, we got out first look at what those mods are.

The first of these mods is one adding submachine guns--or at least an XCOM-style version of submachine guns (pictured in the gallery above) that fill their role. They are used by soldiers who can equip assault rifles and present a tradeoff, not unlike what's seen in the modder's Enemy Within mod, The Long War. They provide a mobility bonus and make it more difficult for you to be detected.

Next is a mod adding new enemies, such as a larger Muton with perks that support nearby aliens. These enemies will also behave in their own unique ways in order to take advantage of their abilities.

The third launch mod introduces a new development path for soldiers. It's described as a "leader mod" and is said to be similar to the officer mod seen in The Long War. It allows you to train high-rank soldiers with new abilities that help the team, such as one that gives a mobility bonus for one turn to nearby allies.

The way this works is compared to how Psionic classes functioned in Enemy Within, where there is an additional set of choices on top of a soldier's base class. There are, of course, some tradeoffs; not only will it take time and money to build these leaders up, but only one can be deployed on a mission at a time except in "some very special circumstances." These mods were designed to work independently of each other and slot right into the base game's campaign without upsetting its balance. They'll be available for free from the Steam Workshop on XCOM 2's launch day, February 5.

If you're more interested in content coming straight from Firaxis, several DLC Packs have been announced and will be released over the course of the year.

MDeckerM
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1799
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: XCOM 2 2016/02/04 16:29:16 (permalink)
    I still have not played the last XCOM Enemy Unknown but I plan to soon.
    Dukman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1478
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: XCOM 2 2016/02/04 20:08:07 (permalink)
    XCOM Enemy Unknown is such an awesome game and it can get downright brutal.

Looking forward to the next one.  

Heatware

El-Dubya
    iCX Member
    Re: XCOM 2 2016/02/05 16:48:35 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MDecker
    I still have not played the last XCOM Enemy Unknown but I plan to soon.

EU and EW were my first TBS games and I couldn't get enough of them. Although definitely give those a shot before this newest one because I am crying over here from not being able to use my favorite turtle tactics anymore thanks to all these new timed missions.     
    Dukman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1478
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: XCOM 2 2016/02/07 13:57:55 (permalink)
    Good ole XCOM.  Kicking your butt and making you throw things since 1993.

And I'm only on the second mission. 

Heatware

El-Dubya
    iCX Member
    Re: XCOM 2 2016/02/07 19:34:58 (permalink)
    Dukman
    Good ole XCOM.  Kicking your butt and making you throw things since 1993.

And I'm only on the second mission. 

Ah, another brave soul. It seems they definitely made this new one more epic to the point where the enemies kill me in such awesome ways that I don't even get that mad lol (ok I lie, but cutscenes are really good). It is kinda interesting how they replaced the pressure to quickly get satellites up in EU/EW with these dark events which, imo, aren't nearly as critical to complete right off the bat. I also really like how you can remedy a broken soldier's will ("shakened" status) through successful missions. Lovin' it so far.    
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile