Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 72
2015/08/23 11:55:08 (permalink)
Just wanted to let you guys know some info on EVGA Memory.

1: It does NOT have a Lifetime Warranty as this page eludes to. http://www.evga.com/artic...gh-Performance-Memory/

It has a 3 Year Warranty as per My Product page and when I registered the memory.

2: As you can see the Warranty is NOT done through EVGA, it's done through Micro Center.
Be cautious of buying this memory New per real Warranty terms.
Be cautious of buying this memory Used per real Warranty terms. You get no warranty, unless you want to send it back to the original purchaser and that person is willing to make a trip to Micro Center to exchange it for you.

3: What if Micro Center closes it's doors? Your Warranty is gone on this memory. Very bad Warranty terms on EVGA Memory.

I'm very unhappy about the Warranty terms. I bought 3 sets of memory and none of this was disclosed before I purchased the memory. EVGA should be more forthcoming with the Warranty details of their memory. It's not any cheaper then any other brand, so it's a bad purchase in my book. I will NOT purchase anymore EVGA Memory due to the 3 Years coverage and the fact it has to be taken back to Micro Center and the 2nd owner has no Warranty if I decided to sell it to someone.

Just thought I would let the community know about this before they buy any EVGA Memory.

Over and out, kram36.
post edited by kram36 - 2015/08/24 18:07:10

57 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 11:57:34 (permalink)
    Have you verified this isn't a mistake on EVGA's part, or are you just going off of the warranty page info. I would contact them about the lifetime warranty, since it is displayed.
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 12:00:07 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    Have you verified this isn't a mistake on EVGA's part, or are you just going off of the warranty page info. I would contact them about the lifetime warranty, since it is displayed.

Which part are you referring too? The Lifetime part? Until My Products page says Lifetime Warranty, it's 3 years. I don't care what an EVGA Tech post, it's hot air until My Product page says it has Lifetime Warranty. If this memory goes bad after 3 years I want to be able to print out that this memory has a Lifetime Warranty when I take it back to Micro Center.

That brings up another point. What if Micro Center closes it's doors? Your Warranty is gone on this memory. Very bad Warranty terms on EVGA Memory.

Don't lose your receipt for the next 3 years or every if they get this changed to Lifetime Warranty!

$359.17 in cost for the memory I bought to get a 3 year Warranty and I have to take it back to Micro Center (40 min away from me). Hope they don't close their doors here in KC, the closest Micro Center to me then would be in St Louis, on the other side of my state!

post edited by kram36 - 2015/08/23 12:27:09
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 12:30:39 (permalink)
    Again, have you contacted EVGA? They may have to punch something in to get your warranty to show up. Posting this without asking them was what made me wonder if you ever actually called and spoke with them to inquire and find out if there is an error in the system.
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 12:33:48 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    Again, have you contacted EVGA? They may have to punch something in to get your warranty to show up. Posting this without asking them was what made me wonder if you ever actually called and spoke with them to inquire and find out if there is an error in the system.

I edited my post above your post here. Read it again please.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 12:45:12 (permalink)
    I just looked through your other thread, and realize what you are referring g to when you say, "I don't care what an EVGA tech says, until it shows on my product page..." it would be extremely helpful to cross post those responses so people don't have to hunt down the items you are referring to.

Hopefully they get it updated, and I am not sure what to say about the closing down part. I know I won't be buying into the hype that evga is turning into Asus and mass producing everything that Asus already makes... I mean... memory, peripherals, laptops... They should stick to what they have and slowly expand making sure each product is correct before throwing out another.

Quite frankly, this sounds like Micro Center Ram, not EVGA. If EVGA doesn't sell or carry the warranty, why waste the time to put an EVGA sticker on it?
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 12:57:26 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    I just looked through your other thread, and realize what you are referring g to when you say, "I don't care what an EVGA tech says, until it shows on my product page..." it would be extremely helpful to cross post those responses so people don't have to hunt down the items you are referring to.

Hopefully they get it updated, and I am not sure what to say about the closing down part. I know I won't be buying into the hype that evga is turning into Asus and mass producing everything that Asus already makes... I mean... memory, peripherals, laptops... They should stick to what they have and slowly expand making sure each product is correct before throwing out another.

Quite frankly, this sounds like Micro Center Ram, not EVGA. If EVGA doesn't sell or carry the warranty, why waste the time to put an EVGA sticker on it?

Those EVGA Tech post mean nothing, no reason to post what they posted. One EVGA Tech on that same thread said the serial number was on the package insert, which was wrong. So again, until My Products page says Lifetime Warranty, it's 3 years.

Bad Warranty terms in my book. I just want members to know what they are getting since EVGA is NOT posting the full Warranty terms (as of this post).

I have to go back to Micro Center on Tuesday. I may just return this memory and get my money back.
    clo007
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5274
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 13:02:27 (permalink)
    wow. pretty misleading if you ask me...limited lifetime warrant equates to 3 years from Microcenter.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102394
    • Ribbons : 85
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 13:37:26 (permalink)
    I've forwarded this thread to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 13:43:41 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    I've forwarded this thread to EVGA

Tell me what happens with my Warranty if Micro Center closes it's doors? Or the one closest to me closes it's doors? The next closest Micro Center would be on the other side of my state, if they didn't close their doors at the same time.

The Warranty terms need to be properly posted to the consumers. As of right now on neither EVGA's site or Micro Center's are the Warranty terms laid out in full.

Jacob posted over 2 months ago the memory would be Lifetime, yet it shows 3 years on My Products page for memory I registered today. Why?

post edited by kram36 - 2015/08/23 13:56:56
    ManBearPig
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6130
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 14:13:17 (permalink)
    kram36
    Jacob posted over 2 months ago the memory would be Lifetime, yet it shows 3 years on My Products page for memory I registered today. Why?

Your question as to why was answered in your other tread:
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    Hi kram36,

I am very sorry for any confusion as the warranty on the memory was updated from 3 year to Limited Lifetime for all original purchasers of the product.  This means that you do have the Limited Lifetime Warranty through Microcenter directly as long as you are the original owner and can show proof of purchase to the store.

I can confirm that we are working to update our site as there are a few places that do need to still be updated and we appreciate your feedback and apologize once again for any confusion.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 14:36:13 (permalink)
    ManBearPig
    kram36

Your question as to why was answered in your other tread:
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    Hi kram36,

I am very sorry for any confusion as the warranty on the memory was updated from 3 year to Limited Lifetime for all original purchasers of the product.  This means that you do have the Limited Lifetime Warranty through Microcenter directly as long as you are the original owner and can show proof of purchase to the store.

I can confirm that we are working to update our site as there are a few places that do need to still be updated and we appreciate your feedback and apologize once again for any confusion.

As I said, that's hot air until it's in writing on My Products page. Jacob posted the same thing 2 months ago and it still shows 3 years on memory I registered today.
    ManBearPig
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 14:56:21 (permalink)
    Well you asked why and you got an answer.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 15:00:29 (permalink)
    ManBearPig
    Well you asked why and you got an answer.

I asked why in over 2 months from Jacob's post it's still showing 3 years. That question has not been answered.

I couldn't even get the memory registered. EVGA had to do one set for me then sent me an email saying that the issue should be fixed and I should be able to register the rest of my memory. Which I can now do, but how long have they been selling it to finally be able to have people register it?

This is also how I found out the Warranty is done through Micro Center, not EVGA. Micro Center closes their doors, the Warranty is worthless.
    post edited by kram36 - 2015/08/23 15:07:51
    ManBearPig
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 15:20:57 (permalink)
    You still got an answer to your question: "we are working to update our site as there are a few places that do need to still be updated" which he just said yesterday.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 15:44:17 (permalink)
    ManBearPig
    You still got an answer to your question: "we are working to update our site as there are a few places that do need to still be updated" which he just said yesterday.

Not answered. I want to know why after 2 months it's not showing Lifetime Warranty. As of right now the memory still has a 3 year warranty.

If you don't list the Warranty terms fully, allow people to be able to register the product, have Warranty issues fixed in 2 months and you don't have the priorities to support that product, stop selling it.

$360 I spent and I'm not happy with the Warranty that EVGA did NOT fully disclose that Warranty is actually through Micro Center, I couldn't get it registered. I'm not pleased with this purchase and want others to know the truth on EVGA support on "their" Memory.
    post edited by kram36 - 2015/08/23 15:53:55
    ManBearPig
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 15:52:04 (permalink)
    What part of "we are working to update our site as there are a few places that do need to still be updated" do you not understand?  He just posted that yesterday.  He even said "we appreciate your feedback and apologize once again for any confusion."  They might not have known that needed fixing, and you showed them, now give them a little time.  And like they said, you DO have lifetime warranty.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 15:57:44 (permalink)
    ManBearPig
    What part of "we are working to update our site as there are a few places that do need to still be updated" do you not understand?  He just posted that yesterday.  He even said "we appreciate your feedback and apologize once again for any confusion."  They might not have known that needed fixing, and you showed them, now give them a little time.  And like they said, you DO have lifetime warranty.

I want to know why in 2 months they have not fixed it! Stop selling it if you can't offer proper support on the product, especially farming out the Warranty through Micro Center and not disclosing that.

Stop posting the same crud. It's not the answer to my question and I'm sure others want to know EVGA's reason for lack of support and attention to "their" memory.
    ManBearPig
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 16:00:17 (permalink)
    It IS the answer to your question though....

EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 16:01:55 (permalink)
    Hello kram36,

I do apologize for any confusion regarding the warranty on the EVGA Memory modules.  I can assure you that all the EVGA DRAM memory sets indeed carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty, since it was updated since its original release to market.  You can find this information under our Warranty terms listed under, "Limited Lifetime Warranty (EVGA DRAM Memory Only)."  Micro Center also has this information under the "Warranty & Support" section of each product details.  

Our Management team is aware that the information under the "Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)" sections in regards to warranty timeframe, needs to be updated, and this will be done first thing Monday morning.

If you do have any further concerns or questions, then please feel free to PM me or contact our 24/7 Technical Support team via phone: 888.881.3842

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 16:03:47 (permalink)
    EVGA changed the product warranty length over 2 months ago but they didn't bother to update that information on customers "My Product" page. Someone at evga dropped the ball. 

Link to post http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2352497

Attached Image(s)

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 16:06:54 (permalink)
    ManBearPig
    It IS the answer to your question though....

No it is not. 2 freaking months ago Jacob said Lifetime Warranty. It's not that way to this day. It's still 3 years. Why has EVGA not got this fixed in 2 months? Do they not care about supporting their products properly? EVGA going down hill? $360 isn't small potatoes and I want answers as I'm sure anyone else that's thinking of buying EVGA Memory want to know too.

Why don't they have the full Warranty terms listed? You know, the Warranty is actually through Micro Center, not EVGA.
    post edited by kram36 - 2015/08/23 16:21:50
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 16:18:15 (permalink)
    EVGATech_EddieH
    Hello kram36,

I do apologize for any confusion regarding the warranty on the EVGA Memory modules.  I can assure you that all the EVGA DRAM memory sets indeed carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty, since it was updated since its original release to market.  You can find this information under our Warranty terms listed under, "Limited Lifetime Warranty (EVGA DRAM Memory Only)."  Micro Center also has this information under the "Warranty & Support" section of each product details.  

Our Management team is aware that the information under the "Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)" sections in regards to warranty timeframe, needs to be updated, and this will be done first thing Monday morning.

If you do have any further concerns or questions, then please feel free to PM me or contact our 24/7 Technical Support team via phone: 888.881.3842

Yeah, here is what is says about memory warranty

EVGA DRAM memory modules carry a limited lifetime warranty, which guarantees the products to operate, as specified by its datasheet, in the operating environment for which they were intended, for the life of the product or extent of the warranty. EVGA will, at its option, either repair or replace any part of its products that prove defective by reason of improper workmanship or materials. If EVGA is unable to repair or replace the product, EVGA will exchange with another product similar in functionality to the product under warranty.
    • Limited Lifetime Suffixes: -MR
    EVGA DRAM Warranty Exclusions
    • EVGA warranty does not apply to any EVGA product on which original identification information or warranty stickers have been altered, defaced, or removed. EVGA warranty also does not cover any product with damage that result from accident, misuse, neglect, abnormal mechanical or environmental conditions, natural disasters, unauthorized disassembly or modifications, improper installation or assembly, removal or reassembly of heat spreader, improper packaging or handling, insufficient or excessive electrical supply. EVGA warranty is also void under the following conditions: missing, damaged, or bent pins; missing, detached, or loose chips; damaged or missing connectors; damaged, detached, or missing casing or heat spreaders.
    • Limited Lifetime DRAM warranty is provided to the Original Purchaser for EVGA products purchased from an EVGA authorized reseller with a valid proof of purchase. For EVGA products not purchased from an EVGA authorized reseller or for owners that do not have a valid proof of purchase than the warranty is available for up to 3 years, which will not exceed the warranty length assigned to the part number, and the warranty will start from the manufacture date. For more details on the EVGA transferable warranty then please see the Transferable Warranty section below.
    • EVGA will not be liable for, and does not cover under warranty: recovery of data; installation of EVGA products; inspection or testing costs; installation and removal fees; and general, consequential, incidental, or special damages which include, but not limited to, loss of data and loss of profit.
    • Warranty Support can be obtained from Microcenter directly. Please contact your local store if warranty support is required. Technical Support is available at 1-888-881-3842 option 1 or by email at support@evga.com
    Never does it say the Warranty is through Micro Center ONLY and neither does Micro Center's website.

http://www.microcenter.co..._4GB_Memory_Modules%29

What happens to your warranty if Micro Center shuts it doors?

You have to hang onto your receipt forever or you get a 3 year warranty. <---- This I really do not like on an EVGA product. How does Micro Center know when that 3 years is up for someone that can't find the receipt?

All be looking forward to seeing the memory show Lifetime Warranty on Monday.
    post edited by kram36 - 2015/08/23 16:22:56
    EVGA_RobB
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 2891
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 16:24:04 (permalink)
    Hi kram,

This was an oversight on our part and was not brought up to us until now.  This will be fixed first thing on Monday as noted above.  As to warranty terms, please see http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/.  We do mention there that : 
    Warranty Support can be obtained from Microcenter directly. Please contact your local store if warranty support is required.

We apologize for any confusion and again, this will be updated on Monday as mentioned.

Thank You,
    Rob

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 16:34:07 (permalink)
    bill1024
    I would think if Micro center went out of business, EVGA will takeover warranty and RMA. If not, that is what small claims court is for.

Just seems like a bad way to do business.
    No way I will pick up any of this ram when I make my journey to microcenter for my new Intel hexcore system.
    Why take a chance of having to drive an hour to return memory.
    They have great deals on CPU/MB combo and I can do a couple other things when in their area. But not worth a return trip for me.

It is a bad way of doing business if your company cares about it's reputation. EVGA opened the door for another company to damage it's reputation. EVGA has no control over Microcenter to make sure they treat customers how EVGA does (in the US).

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 16:34:07 (permalink)
    Lag double post

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 16:36:06 (permalink)
    bill1024
    I would think if Micro center went out of business, EVGA will takeover warranty and RMA. If not, that is what small claims court is for.

Just seems like a bad way to do business.
    No way I will pick up any of this ram when I make my journey to microcenter for my new Intel hexcore system.
    Why take a chance of having to drive an hour to return memory.
    They have great deals on CPU/MB combo and I can do a couple other things when in their area. But not worth a return trip for me.

Exactly on the having to go back to the store. My Micro Center is 40 min away, so that's 1 hour 20 min drive time, miles on my car, almost a 1/4 tank of gas and the time it takes to get the return done. It just isn't a good memory purchase option and if I had known this I would not have bought it.

I had to take back one pack already, one module didn't work. It was DDR4 2666Mhz memory and I noticed the 2800Mhz memory was the same price with same timings so I got that instead and bought a 2nd package of it. I had to go back as one module of the 2800Mhz memory didn't work. Knock on wood, right now all 8 sticks are working perfectly on my X99 motherboard.

post edited by kram36 - 2015/08/23 16:50:54
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 16:47:35 (permalink)
    EVGA_RobB
    Hi kram,

This was an oversight on our part and was not brought up to us until now.  This will be fixed first thing on Monday as noted above.  As to warranty terms, please see http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/.  We do mention there that : 
    Warranty Support can be obtained from Microcenter directly. Please contact your local store if warranty support is required.

We apologize for any confusion and again, this will be updated on Monday as mentioned.

Thank You,
    Rob

Rob,

Good this will get fixed on the My Products page.

On the Warranty. It says "Warranty Support can be obtained from Microcenter directly". It does not say this is your ONLY Warranty avenue, reads more like you have a choice to take it back to Micro Center for the life of the Warranty instead of having to send it into EVGA.
    post edited by kram36 - 2015/08/23 16:54:19
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 17:02:56 (permalink)
    bill1024
    kram36
    EVGA_RobB
    Hi kram,

Thank You,
    Rob

Rob,

Good this will get fixed on the My Products page.

On the Warranty. It says "Warranty Support can be obtained from Microcenter directly". It does not say this is your ONLY Warranty avenue, reads more like you have a choice to take it back to Micro Center for the life of the Warranty.

But then it says this, "Please contact your local store if warranty support is required"

That is cut and dry.

Not really, the sentence before that needs some work to make the part you pointed out to make it cut and dry.

It should read as

"Warranty Support can ONLY be obtained from Microcenter directly. Please contact your local store if warranty support is required."
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Word of caution on EVGA Memory 2015/08/23 23:48:37 (permalink)
    Hmm interesting post. I am sure going to keep an eye on this thread. Thanks Kram for the heads up

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile