EVGA

What's the point of EVGA step-up if new products aren't available as they launch?

Author
AlexanderDeLarge
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/05/27 00:45:36 (permalink)
"The EVGA Step-Up program helps you have the peace of mind to purchase your favorite product now, knowing you can upgrade to the latest parts that come out within the first 90 days from your purchase."

According to their own description of the program, the program that made me decide to go with EVGA, new products coming out are literally the reason why EVGA step-up exists.  

I've heard the argument that it's because of stock not being available. I don't care if I'm placed within a queue until stock stabilizes, because once you're in the queue, you're locked in so that isn't an excuse. The only excuse here is that they want to screw people out of their 90 day time frame.

Edit: Thread is irrelevant. Not only did they add the 1080 FE, they added various other versions of the product.
post edited by AlexanderDeLarge - 2016/05/27 13:13:47

7 Replies Related Threads

Corvonas
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: What's the point of EVGA step-up if new products aren't available as they launch? 2016/05/27 04:11:04 (permalink)
    Exactly my thoughts...It's either 90 days, or it isn't...if it isn't then they aren't fulfilling their agreement.  I'm sure there's a suitable consumer advocacy group in the EU that can dig into this. ;)
    CodeFuzion
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: What's the point of EVGA step-up if new products aren't available as they launch? 2016/05/27 05:41:52 (permalink)
    They still have time today to do whats right by their customers. Lets give them today to see what they do before saying they are not providing as per there agreements. Personally, I am hoping for the 1080 FTW and SC cards to be on the step-up today. Whether that happens or not, we will eventually see.
    Corvonas
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: What's the point of EVGA step-up if new products aren't available as they launch? 2016/05/27 05:55:43 (permalink)
    Exactly, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt first! ;)
    nickymezzina
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re: What's the point of EVGA step-up if new products aren't available as they launch? 2016/05/27 10:27:57 (permalink)
    At least you can jump in on a queue and stop worrying about the 90 days expiring and losing money on suddenly "obsolete" cards for their purchased price, whatever you're upgrading from cannot be that bad to use in the meantime if you're still in the 90 days. About the superclocked and FTW we can jump out and back in the queue as long as we're still in the 90 days.
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2033
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: What's the point of EVGA step-up if new products aren't available as they launch? 2016/05/27 10:38:44 (permalink)
    Hi,

I can confirm that new products were added shortly after launch.  Please let us know if you should have any additional questions or concerns.

Support@Evga.com 

AlexanderDeLarge
    "The EVGA Step-Up program helps you have the peace of mind to purchase your favorite product now, knowing you can upgrade to the latest parts that come out within the first 90 days from your purchase."

According to their own description of the program, the program that made me decide to go with EVGA, new products coming out are literally the reason why EVGA step-up exists.  

I've heard the argument that it's because of stock not being available. I don't care if I'm placed within a queue until stock stabilizes, because once you're in the queue, you're locked in so that isn't an excuse. The only excuse here is that they want to screw people out of their 90 day time frame.

SeanU
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: What's the point of EVGA step-up if new products aren't available as they launch? 2016/05/27 12:11:29 (permalink)
    Thanks EVGA! I had 4 days left on my 980ti eligibility and was happy you let us step up today. This is my first step-up, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the 1080 does with the HTC Vive when the multi projection feature starts rolling out.
    AlexanderDeLarge
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: What's the point of EVGA step-up if new products aren't available as they launch? 2016/05/27 13:13:36 (permalink)
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    Hi,

I can confirm that new products were added shortly after launch.  Please let us know if you should have any additional questions or concerns.

AlexanderDeLarge

Thank you guys for doing this. I was a bit concerned reading about how other products weren't available for step-up for a while. Also the lack of transparency regarding 1080 availability scared the hell out of a lot of us. One email even said that they couldn't guarantee the availability of the 1080 FE within 60 days.

Thank you for EVGA being awesome.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile