Verizon Wireless customer relations

Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
2016/04/29 10:20:15 (permalink)
I have been a user of Verizon Wireless since they absorbed Alltel many years ago now. The last 8 months has been nothing but a headache and frustration as they change things in my account that I don't approve, and they raise my bill and then lower it, then give me free data trying to make up for the other mistakes...

95% of all communications have been done through Chat or through a Phone call..

If you call or you chat them, try a different approach. I started a twitter message (not a public message, a private message) and within a few messages everything has almost completely been resolved. The Verizon social media team is on top of their game and wonderful compared to phone calls and frustrations.

If you need to get something corrected, I highly suggest using this team. I started the message to purely dump all the gathering hate that I had and they have since helped me out way more than any other team.

21 Replies Related Threads

Zuhl3156
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 13061
    • Ribbons : 34
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/29 10:52:32 (permalink)
    I have FiOS TV and internet and Verizon did keep pestering me to switch from AT&T Mobility to their wireless services but the price was outrageous. The base price was $15 more than AT&T and a Data Package would have been another $15 for their minimum. Verizon brags about unlimited text included but I don't use text messaging. I have it disabled on my iPhone 6S Plus because of the cost per message and I have unlimited Data grandfathered into my AT&T contract. Those prices that Verizon quoted me didn't include taxes, fees, and surcharges either.
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/29 10:54:21 (permalink)
    Zuhl3156
    I have FiOS TV and internet and Verizon did keep pestering me to switch from AT&T Mobility to their wireless services but the price was outrageous. The base price was $15 more than AT&T and a Data Package would have been another $15 for their minimum. Verizon brags about unlimited text included but I don't use text messaging. I have it disabled on my iPhone 6S Plus because of the cost per message and I have unlimited Data grandfathered into my AT&T contract. Those prices that Verizon quoted me didn't include taxes, fees, and surcharges either.

I hope you didn't disable iMessage...at least that works free (well, miniscule data) between iPhones.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Zuhl3156
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 13061
    • Ribbons : 34
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/29 11:06:37 (permalink)
    transdogmifier

I hope you didn't disable iMessage...at least that works free (well, miniscule data) between iPhones.

I wasn't even aware of that one. I do have any kind of text messaging disabled though. Only AT&T can send me a text alert about my service or used and remaining minutes. I got tired of winning all of those televisions and home theater systems for being the 10,000th customer to visit some site that I had never heard of before.
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/29 11:17:24 (permalink)
    Zuhl3156
    transdogmifier

I wasn't even aware of that one. I do have any kind of text messaging disabled though. Only AT&T can send me a text alert about my service or used and remaining minutes. I got tired of winning all of those televisions and home theater systems for being the 10,000th customer to visit some site that I had never heard of before.

I also assumed you have an iPhone.... but yeah...it uses (tween iPhones) your data...so if you and your spouse have iPhones and NEED
    to text, you can...

Anyway, I left Verizon after they demanded I sign a "loyalty" contract with them ..yeah, not happening...If anything you should be loyal to ME.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Phanteks P500A Case

yodap
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4642
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/29 12:44:46 (permalink)
    Other than the salesman being a 2 faced liar, Verizon has been what we expected. (More expensive with a little better coverage in our area.) Wouldn't have switched from AT&T if we didn't have to.

ARMYguy
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1050
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/29 12:52:18 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    Zuhl3156
    transdogmifier

I also assumed you have an iPhone.... but yeah...it uses (tween iPhones) your data...so if you and your spouse have iPhones and NEED
    to text, you can...

Anyway, I left Verizon after they demanded I sign a "loyalty" contract with them ..yeah, not happening...If anything you should be loyal to ME.

Verizon has no contracts..... its been this way since last summer  ish.

Asus Strix Z790 F - Intel 13700 K - Gigabyte 4090 Windforce - 32gb DDR 5 - 1TB Samsung SSD 850 evo - Windows 10 Pro - 1TB Samsung M.2 860 - Inland 2 TB NVMe - Acer Predator X27
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/29 13:04:23 (permalink)
    Well, they just upgraded me from 6gb of data to 12gb. The plan costs $20 a month more, so they gave me a credit of $20 a month so that I don't pay extra out of pocket.

Their first mistake was offering me a 10gb plan for $10 more than my old 6gb setup, to which the person talking added an 80 gb plan instead... That was in August and I have been fighting with them since that day to get everything corrected. This is one of the first steps forward now.
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/29 13:07:21 (permalink)
    We were with Alltel for years, then here comes Verizon Wireless, same sells persons we had for years and was like a switch with these sales reps youve know for years sold their soles to Verizon Wireless...

Weve been using ATT GoPhone service since than, 3 yrs I think nowz and never had a single issue that wasnt fixed withen a few mins.  Ill never touch Verizon or Concast again.....
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/30 09:20:22 (permalink)
    ARMYguy
    transdogmifier
    Zuhl3156
    transdogmifier

to text, you can...

They may have none now, but this wasn't now, it was 2 years ago.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Phanteks P500A Case

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/30 17:07:30 (permalink)
    I have been using Verizon for 9 years and have no complaints. I have the same phone number, have moved 4 times, have had 6 phones, have travelled around the world, and have had no major issues nor unexpected bills. Bills have been very consistent, alerts and warnings very adequate, and customer service has been very easy to get in contact with and have been very friendly and knowledgeable. There are only two times when I was upset with Verizon and both times they listened to me and took care of me.

I don't mean to sound like a Verizon spokesperson, but I have seen very few companies of similar size and power treat their customers (me at least) so well. Their cell coverage area is very good too. I would not pay less for the cheap guys out there with only service in large cities. I work with many different people in all sorts of areas and I hear first-hand the experiences of others who are using other providers.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2016/04/30 17:12:24
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/30 19:20:17 (permalink)
    One thing I am beginning to notice on the forums is the way people explain, "it works fine for me" when something comes up.

So, my story:

I was with alltel in 2000 after leaving sprint to join the rest of my family. I have changed numbers once since then. I changed because I needed one local to my first duty station and I loved that place. Verizon had already taken over by that time, and I switched from. My all tel number to Verizon.

No issues. 2 years later, I moved to Okinawa and connected my phone to wifi because I didn't want the data or phone bills running up for overseas charges. Verizon tried to charge me $300 in data overage for using wifi. I lost it on them, and they corrected it after 3 weeks of fighting them and refusing to pay that fee.

That was hiccup #1

4 years later, I came back to the US, and had been on a military plan that delayed my contract from ending and allowed me to keep my phone number and account active without receiving charges. +1 to them.

I came back to the US and purchased the Note 4 day 2 of being back, and the girl that set up my account did not add insurance or explain that 3g is the standard for my current duty location. AT&T has 4glte.

I arrive here, and the reception is horrible.. Barely 1 bar in most places, strike #2.. Later while working, Crack the screen on my phone. When I go to file insurance, I find out this $700 brick isn't covered at all. Strike #3.

I paid $225 out of pocket to get the screen replaced, and then get the phone reactivated.. They offer me a 10gb plain for $10 more a month... I agree.. They add an 80 gb plan for $400 more a month. 5 days later billing cycle ends and I call asking why I have a $600 bill... They say "it is the new plan that you Auth.... Oh God..." strike #4

2 months into this ordeal, they call me to tell me I failed to pay the $600 overage and they were going to file it against my credit if I didn't pay in 14 days... This was with markers all over my account showing it wasn't my fault and I was told not to pay that bill, only the exact amount due monthly. Strike #5

4 months later that bill was finally corrected, and they backdated my plan, and changed part of my account again costing me $20 more a month after they finally corrected it. Strike #6

I paid off my phone in December so my bill would go from $109 a month down to $105 (there was a $29 charge for the phone and a $25 discount for having it on the bill... Weird, I know). Instead, my bill skyrockets to $130 a month... They removed the discount because I wasn't paying for a phone anymore. Strike #7

Last month, they offered me 2 extra gb of data per month for 12 months for free because of everything above. I accepted and lowered my data from 10gb down to 6 (+2 free to make 8gb a month). This month, I have 6gb, not 8. They failed to tell me that they had made an error and the 2gb free was not a valid offer, so I wasn't getting it anyway, even though it was noted on my account to take effect. Strike #8.

Yesterday,the offered to upgrade me to a 12gb plan for $20 more a month, and then give me a $20 credit for 6 months. (supposedly meaning it shouldn't cost me any extra.) we will see how this goes..

Yes, something may work for you and be hunky dory fine, but when they fail, they fall apart and I don't care how good they are to you, but when they are risking my credit report for their mistakes, I tend to not worry how good they treat someone else..
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/30 20:31:23 (permalink)
    I am So Glad I went with AT&T for Less Than $41.00 a Month.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2016/04/30 20:32:24

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/04/30 21:21:11 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh

Out of curiosity, what do you get for $41? I want to know what I am missing out on as far as price is concerned.

I have a smartphone and a wifi hotspot. Two devices and two phone numbers which share one plan consisting of unlimited text and unlimited minutes and 12 GB of data shared between them for $100.42 a month total after all taxes and fees. I used to have unlimited data but changed over to the Share Everything plan since I don't use a ton of data and it was cheaper and easier to share 12 GB between two devices on one plan.

Edit: I went to AT&T's website. When I search for as similar as possible to the same thing I already have, it tells me the total would be $135 a month PLUS taxes and fees. My current plan is $95 a month ($100.42 after taxes and fees). No thank you! Plus, the majority of the time I have better cell service than my AT&T workmates across various work sites.

Maybe some of you have had bad experiences with Verizon. I understand your experience defines your opinion and everyone is right to make their own choices. For me, Verizon has treated me well and I haven't seen any reason to switch. Maybe some day...
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2016/04/30 21:38:34
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/05/01 09:06:13 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    bcavnaugh

Out of curiosity, what do you get for $41? I want to know what I am missing out on as far as price is concerned.

I have a smartphone and a wifi hotspot. Two devices and two phone numbers which share one plan consisting of unlimited text and unlimited minutes and 12 GB of data shared between them for $100.42 a month total after all taxes and fees. I used to have unlimited data but changed over to the Share Everything plan since I don't use a ton of data and it was cheaper and easier to share 12 GB between two devices on one plan.

Edit: I went to AT&T's website. When I search for as similar as possible to the same thing I already have, it tells me the total would be $135 a month PLUS taxes and fees. My current plan is $95 a month ($100.42 after taxes and fees). No thank you! Plus, the majority of the time I have better cell service than my AT&T workmates across various work sites.

Maybe some of you have had bad experiences with Verizon. I understand your experience defines your opinion and everyone is right to make their own choices. For me, Verizon has treated me well and I haven't seen any reason to switch. Maybe some day...

With Auto Pay you save $5 I have the $45 a month plan
    https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/gophone-plans.html?&WT.srch=1&source=ECPS0000000PSM00P

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/05/01 09:27:42 (permalink)
    I use t-mobile and have no complaints. I think their customer service is some of the best out there. Hands down the best data plans and perks in the United States. Coverage outside of cities though is pretty bad, but I'm not a frontier man.

I remember when I was in the military though and Sprint kept trying to screw me over, never again with those scumbags.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/05/02 00:10:33 (permalink)
    ARMYguy
    transdogmifier
    Zuhl3156
    transdogmifier

to text, you can...

Yes they do, just got my wife a LG G4 a few months back... $199 with 2 year contract. If you bring your own phone or pay full retail, then probably no contract I imagine.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/05/02 00:22:22 (permalink)

FWIW, been with Verizon for maybe 15 years, no problems, excellent coverage which is the main reason we are ok paying a premium for their service. We have 2 phones, both unlimited anytime talk, text, roaming US, text anywhere in the world, hotspot, 12GB data every month (shared) etc.. We are paying $166/month total including all the fees and taxes etc.. Have not had a dropped call in many years, and hotspot very handy for my laptop when nothing else is available.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/05/02 04:49:38 (permalink)
    I am OK paying for the premium simply because most of the coverage is wonderful. Delaware doesn't have the greatest coverage, but Verizon is better in 95% of the areas I visit.

I just find the issues they are presenting to be frustrating. I gave up being grandfathered into unlimited data when I came back from overseas, and really regret that, but it was my decision at the same time.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/05/06 13:17:13 (permalink)
    [Rant]

I am done.. I am absolutely blown away by the incompetence of Verizon.  Never allow them to make changes as they will destroy your account. 

*addition* They were REALLY quick to add a $240 credit to my account, which I do not feel is good enough at this point.  July last year this entire fiasco started, and it all started because their store employee didn't add insurance to my phone after I repeatedly said I needed it so I never had to pay out cash for a $700 smart phone.  Go figure, the phone breaks and then I pay $250 out of pocket to get the screen replaced, and Verizon instantly goes on a rampage in my account. I just can't understand.. 

[/Rant] for now.
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/05/06 13:22:41

Attached Image(s)

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/05/06 18:05:07 (permalink)

Holy crap...  wait, you sure the charge isn't for the $80/month data plan? They always charge a month in advance, and you asked them to backdate it to the beginning of that current billing cycle too, so *maybe* it just happens to come out to $120? I have that same 12GB plan with Verizon - $40 for the line, $80 for the data.. total = $120/month. I know if you look at the billing in Verizonwireless.com you have to drill down to see the rental breakdown, it's not always clear just looking at the bill on face view, if that makes sense.

post edited by Nereus - 2016/05/06 18:07:49

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Verizon Wireless customer relations 2016/05/06 18:07:53 (permalink)
    Nope, i am 100% sure, and they even admitted, instead of a Credit, the tech put a $120 charge on my account.  They were extremely apologetic and wanted to know what I need to stay with them.  I told them to buy my note 4 back and let my upgrade to a Note 5.  They offer $140 for my note 4.  I would walk away right now, but no other service provides the coverage that Verizon has.  I am at the point of hating Verizon.. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile