EVGA

Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
MajorWoody419
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/07 10:17:43 (permalink)
Where is the list of winners

EVGA X99 Classy, i7-5820k, EVGA GTX970 FTW ACX 2.0+w backplate, Corsair H110i GTX, EVGA Supernova 850P2, Corsair Carbide Series Air 540, Samsung EVO850 SSD 500gb, Corsair Vengeance 4x4gb @3000mhz, LG16x BD/MODISC,
MajorWoody419
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/07 10:28:28 (permalink)
sinned.
undisputed18
hi am MacKOG-_-b... where is the list of winners?

First page, click the link and scroll down.

First page of what? I'm sorry I can't seem to find it.

EVGA X99 Classy, i7-5820k, EVGA GTX970 FTW ACX 2.0+w backplate, Corsair H110i GTX, EVGA Supernova 850P2, Corsair Carbide Series Air 540, Samsung EVO850 SSD 500gb, Corsair Vengeance 4x4gb @3000mhz, LG16x BD/MODISC,
ManBearPig
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6130
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/07 11:50:50 (permalink)
st0n3r
Yes, it draws the entire internet, those who do not care about, nor support the company. Literally every event in the last 10 years that Ive seen or participated in has a 99.9% chance its someone who fits the criteria I mentioned above. I know the odds of someone we know winning compared to the rest of the world is a massive difference, but its just sad. NEVER do they do a closed epic event, or even a b-stock event for its loyal members.

You are saying that LITERALLY every event in the last 10 years (which you haven't even been apart of eVGA for that long) has had 99.9% random winners that don't participate in eVGA?  Funny how I noticed 4 names that I recognize and play with this event.  Every event I always notice a few names that I know.  Sure there are plenty of people that I don't recognize, but this is a RANDOM contest that eVGA puts together for everyone.  If the event wasn't for everyone, then we wouldn't have nearly as much people filling the servers and having as much fun.

You are only hurting yourself by not entering any more events.  You go from having a chance to win to never having a chance.

You also have to remember that this is advertisement for eVGA and their partners that contribute prizes for the event.  Without them, there wouldn't be the great prizes we have.  Oh, and we have had small EGC events in the past for members.  The prizes were small since there weren't big company prizes, but still something.

ManBearPig
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/07 11:53:05 (permalink)
MajorWoody419
sinned.
undisputed18

First page of this thread that you are in, the first post in this thread.

Here is the link if you still can't find it though.
http://www.evga.com/articles/00906/Valentines-Mayhem-Gaming-Event/

MajorWoody419
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/07 18:14:38 (permalink)
ManBearPig
MajorWoody419
sinned.
undisputed18

First page of this thread that you are in, the first post in this thread.

Here is the link if you still can't find it though.

Thanks sorry didn't notice them, just overlooked it. Enjoyed the contest and I'm looking forward to the St Pat's contest. Will Hardline be supported?

st0n3r
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1292
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/08 15:51:48 (permalink)
ManBearPig
st0n3r
Yes, it draws the entire internet, those who do not care about, nor support the company. Literally every event in the last 10 years that Ive seen or participated in has a 99.9% chance its someone who fits the criteria I mentioned above. I know the odds of someone we know winning compared to the rest of the world is a massive difference, but its just sad. NEVER do they do a closed epic event, or even a b-stock event for its loyal members.

You are saying that LITERALLY every event in the last 10 years (which you haven't even been apart of eVGA for that long) has had 99.9% random winners that don't participate in eVGA?  Funny how I noticed 4 names that I recognize and play with this event.  Every event I always notice a few names that I know.  Sure there are plenty of people that I don't recognize, but this is a RANDOM contest that eVGA puts together for everyone.  If the event wasn't for everyone, then we wouldn't have nearly as much people filling the servers and having as much fun.

You are only hurting yourself by not entering any more events.  You go from having a chance to win to never having a chance.

You also have to remember that this is advertisement for eVGA and their partners that contribute prizes for the event.  Without them, there wouldn't be the great prizes we have.  Oh, and we have had small EGC events in the past for members.  The prizes were small since there weren't big company prizes, but still something.

MASSIVE difference in a person from here who is a productive member to the community to someone you recognize in the game. As I said, the ratio is skewed to show a massive imbalance between known and unknown members.

It doesnt matter if they have every company known to man giving a prize in the packages, it has RARELY )and id say 10% of the time max) has gone to a community member or a person who actually knows of the companies / supports them.

EVGA could EASILY do a closed competition for members who fit criteria such as "1 registered product or more" and start giving away B-stock stuff, or literally anything to show appreciation to the people who made them what they are which is the #1 Brand for most folks. Yes, Im salty just like all those who put in effort and ALWAYS see stuff go away from here and just get e-bayed for $$ lol.

Asus P9X79Pro
Intel Core I7 4930k
G-Skill Ripjaws 16gb 1866mhz
EVGA 690 GTX Classified x 2
4x Mushkin Eco 3 480gb SSD's
WD 2tb Hdd
Custom Lian Li / Koolance Case
EVGA 1300 G2 PSU

My Affiliate Code: W50NH5B95M
Led Weappelin
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 140
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/08 17:26:05 (permalink)
st0n3r, I understand your frustration, BUT..... let me give you something to think about.

I guess when the Powerball Lottery gets really big, only players that play every day should have a chance to win. Anyone else who doesn't usually play and buys a ticket just because it's a big jackpot shouldn't win. That just wouldn't be fair because they don't play everyday.

Does that sound logical to you?

My Current Build
Intel Core i7 4770K
16GB 2x8 Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 Memory
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Gaming 11GB GDDR5X
Asus Maximus VI Hero
WD Black Series 2T 7200RPM Harddrive
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SS Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 1T SS Drive 
Corsair Professional Series 1050w Semi-Modular PS
HP 2711x LED Monitor 1920x1080 Windows 10 64bit

ManBearPig
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/08 18:33:54 (permalink)
st0n3r
MASSIVE difference in a person from here who is a productive member to the community to someone you recognize in the game. As I said, the ratio is skewed to show a massive imbalance between known and unknown members.

It doesnt matter if they have every company known to man giving a prize in the packages, it has RARELY )and id say 10% of the time max) has gone to a community member or a person who actually knows of the companies / supports them.

EVGA could EASILY do a closed competition for members who fit criteria such as "1 registered product or more" and start giving away B-stock stuff, or literally anything to show appreciation to the people who made them what they are which is the #1 Brand for most folks. Yes, Im salty just like all those who put in effort and ALWAYS see stuff go away from here and just get e-bayed for $$ lol.

I guess you totally missed the whole point of this being a form of ADVERTISEMENT for the companies.  Why do you think companies do random contests like this?  Just to give away free stuff and lose money? NO, these are companies with money on the mind and not just to be nice to random people.

Yes it does matter if they don't have companies help contributing prizes in the packages, because then we wouldn't even be having these contests lol.  Do you think these prizes just pop out of thin air?  We have had eVGA EGC gaming nights in the past (if you were a "productive member" of the EGC community you would have known about them) and without the sponsors, the prizes are MUCH smaller.

I love how you keep pulling these random percentages out of thin air.  I saw 4 names I know this event (over 20%) and see names I know every event.  Just because you don't know a person, doesn't mean they aren't a "productive member"

To me, this just looks like someone who is mad at not winning free stuff and just wants a better chance at it.  I always find it funny when people complain about not winning things for free.  I am an eVGA EGC admin and I have ZERO chance at ever winning a prize from the contests.  Do you see me complaining every time I don't win?  No, in fact I put in 65 hours into the servers this event.  Why?  Because I have fun playing with people from this community.  There is more to life than just getting free stuff.  These events let you play and have fun with the community while ALSO giving you a chance to win something.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/08 19:44:06 (permalink)
st0n3r
ManBearPig
st0n3r

Now you know why the community doesn't care about evga gaming. EVGA does nothing to build a gaming community, it's all about promoting evga brand. You should do like everyone else does, play on the game servers for 3-5 hrs to qualify for all prize tiers and stop playing on evga servers. Go to other servers that don't have players with 300ms ping.

The only thing evga cares about is people visiting evga.com and signing up. Long as enough people do that, they will continue to spend $800+ a month to keep the servers going.

st0n3r
FTW Member
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/08 20:22:25 (permalink)
ManBearPig
st0n3r

I guess you totally missed the whole point of this being a form of ADVERTISEMENT for the companies.  Why do you think companies do random contests like this?  Just to give away free stuff and lose money? NO, these are companies with money on the mind and not just to be nice to random people.

Yes it does matter if they don't have companies help contributing prizes in the packages, because then we wouldn't even be having these contests lol.  Do you think these prizes just pop out of thin air?  We have had eVGA EGC gaming nights in the past (if you were a "productive member" of the EGC community you would have known about them) and without the sponsors, the prizes are MUCH smaller.

I love how you keep pulling these random percentages out of thin air.  I saw 4 names I know this event (over 20%) and see names I know every event.  Just because you don't know a person, doesn't mean they aren't a "productive member"

To me, this just looks like someone who is mad at not winning free stuff and just wants a better chance at it.  I always find it funny when people complain about not winning things for free.  I am an eVGA EGC admin and I have ZERO chance at ever winning a prize from the contests.  Do you see me complaining every time I don't win?  No, in fact I put in 65 hours into the servers this event.  Why?  Because I have fun playing with people from this community.  There is more to life than just getting free stuff.  These events let you play and have fun with the community while ALSO giving you a chance to win something.

Yes Id love to see the THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of Dollars Ive spent on EVGA Products to relate to a thanks, an entry into an exclusive event with others like me who have shown their support and dedication to the company......

As I said, just because you see someone in the game who you recognize or that is in the game servers often does NOT make them a productive member of the EVGA community... The EGC community died awhile ago. Too many people with power trips, lack of actual and legit admining going on, pings from every place on earth effecting game play etc. I could go on, but because you see a person in the servers often it makes them a productive member to EVGA....

See, your only giddy about these contents because of what you and other EGC Admins who cant enter the contests get and ya know Id be alright with that also. Your being shown appreciation by dedicating your time to the servers, while though who dedicate chunks of yearly salary into products just get what they paid for....

You can say anything that you want to say man, a MASSIVE chunk of the EVGA community knows exactly how the events work and that the chance of one of the members winning is VERY remote. You can try to sugar coat it or twist my words how youd like, but we all know and have shown our disgust by allowing the game servers to be dead.

Asus P9X79Pro
Intel Core I7 4930k
WD 2tb Hdd
EVGA 1300 G2 PSU

iNoToRiOuS
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 140
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/08 21:02:05 (permalink)

ManBearPig
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/08 21:12:17 (permalink)
st0n3r
Yes Id love to see the THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of Dollars Ive spent on EVGA Products to relate to a thanks, an entry into an exclusive event with others like me who have shown their support and dedication to the company......

As I said, just because you see someone in the game who you recognize or that is in the game servers often does NOT make them a productive member of the EVGA community... The EGC community died awhile ago. Too many people with power trips, lack of actual and legit admining going on, pings from every place on earth effecting game play etc. I could go on, but because you see a person in the servers often it makes them a productive member to EVGA....

See, your only giddy about these contents because of what you and other EGC Admins who cant enter the contests get and ya know Id be alright with that also. Your being shown appreciation by dedicating your time to the servers, while though who dedicate chunks of yearly salary into products just get what they paid for....

You can say anything that you want to say man, a MASSIVE chunk of the EVGA community knows exactly how the events work and that the chance of one of the members winning is VERY remote. You can try to sugar coat it or twist my words how youd like, but we all know and have shown our disgust by allowing the game servers to be dead.

So just because you bought stuff from eVGA, they owe you something now? I too have spent THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS and never thought, hey, they owe me something now.  And you know why?  Because I paid for an item I wanted and got it.  Do you think this for every company that you buy products from lol?

And like I said, just because YOU don't recognize someone doesn't mean they aren't "productive members" of the EVGA community.  Heck, I don't know you, but I wouldn't call you a non productive member, that would just be mean.

Lack of admining going on?  There were PLENTY of kicks and bans this last event.  And who was having power trips?

Too bad we don't have more "productive members" of EGC like you

post edited by ManBearPig - 2015/03/09 02:17:49

ManBearPig
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/08 21:15:43 (permalink)
iNoToRiOuS

lol, hey "non productive member" of EGC, jk.  Good to see good prizes going to members who help fill the servers constantly and gets on TS3 all the time to play.  Unlike some people who don't and only like to complain about not winning lol.

st0n3r
FTW Member
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/09 05:46:11 (permalink)
ManBearPig
st0n3r

So just because you bought stuff from eVGA, they owe you something now? I too have spent THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS and never thought, hey, they owe me something now.  And you know why?  Because I paid for an item I wanted and got it.  Do you think this for every company that you buy products from lol?

And like I said, just because YOU don't recognize someone doesn't mean they aren't "productive members" of the EVGA community.  Heck, I don't know you, but I wouldn't call you a non productive member, that would just be mean.

Lack of admining going on?  There were PLENTY of kicks and bans this last event.  And who was having power trips?

Too bad we don't have more "productive members" of EGC like you

Its easy for you to say what you say when you get those perks you receive as being an admin.
Again, twisting peoples words around does nothing to prove your point.
I CLEARLY said that EVGA should show appreciation to the people who buy their products and provide exclusive events such as these to those members only.

If the adminning that was going on simply keeps language clean, then yea good job. However, with your hands tied and EVGA's lack of ability to set server rules and follow like EVERY decent servers rules it sucked most often for people with good internet.  Every single round there were people with pings up to 900 and above. That HURTS people with lower pings, thus drives away people. Yes I know as you said a billion times, you cant kick for pings. Well you want a healthy server and good fun game play, you as an admin need to get the rules better suited for the server. Its a US Server, people from other countries should join servers in their area. It hinders game play.

Asus P9X79Pro
Intel Core I7 4930k
WD 2tb Hdd
EVGA 1300 G2 PSU

ManBearPig
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/09 08:12:31 (permalink)
st0n3r
Its easy for you to say what you say when you get those perks you receive as being an admin.
Again, twisting peoples words around does nothing to prove your point.
I CLEARLY said that EVGA should show appreciation to the people who buy their products and provide exclusive events such as these to those members only.

If the adminning that was going on simply keeps language clean, then yea good job. However, with your hands tied and EVGA's lack of ability to set server rules and follow like EVERY decent servers rules it sucked most often for people with good internet.  Every single round there were people with pings up to 900 and above. That HURTS people with lower pings, thus drives away people. Yes I know as you said a billion times, you cant kick for pings. Well you want a healthy server and good fun game play, you as an admin need to get the rules better suited for the server. Its a US Server, people from other countries should join servers in their area. It hinders game play.

It's easy for me to say what I say because it's true, not because I receive eVGA T-shirts.  Not twisting words around at all.

We kicked and banned people this event for more reasons than just language, but language of course was the main reason since there are plenty of immature people playing.  There were kicks for team killing, spawn camping, and bans for hacking.  My hands are not tied at all, I kicked and banned PLENTY of people this event.  And eVGA has set plenty of rules (hence all the kicking/banning).  The only rule they don't have is banning for high ping, which is understandable for a COMPANY like eVGA.  Do you know how many MORE complaints and threats they would receive if people couldn't participate in their events/servers that are made for EVERYONE?  But we do have a built in plugin that does kick people for having their connection time out (ping of 999).

I love how you keep pulling stuff out of your butt and stating them as facts (like how you said in the server how I kicked someone for high ping, and when you said you had proof, I asked for it but never saw anything after that; or saying 99.9% of winners the past 10 years aren't people from the community...) .  EVERY SINGLE round there were people with 900+ pings???  Funny how in my 65 hours in the servers I only noticed someone with over 600 ping a handful of times.

And like I have said before, eVGA HAS done gaming nights just for EGC (if you were a "productive member" of EGC you would know this).  But since the prizes are usually small like T-shirts (since there are no partners contributing prizes) and not expensive computer parts, I guess you missed them.

I just find it sad how people can even complain and get so mad about companies doing great giveaways as often as eVGA does them.  If you really don't like having a chance at winning free things, then by all means stop, no one is forcing you to enter these FREE giveaways.  I wonder if you will actually stop entering this time or just keep saying you will (which you have said you would never be back in an eVGA server before http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2138924).

Do you think this way for all the companies you buy products from?  Do you believe that all companies should hold exclusive giveaways for their customers?
post edited by ManBearPig - 2015/03/09 08:43:26

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/09 10:20:27 (permalink)
ManBearPig

And like I have said before, eVGA HAS done gaming nights just for EGC (if you were a "productive member" of EGC you would know this).  But since the prizes are usually small like T-shirts (since there are no partners contributing prizes) and not expensive computer parts, I guess you missed them.

I can't remember them do gaming nights for EGC members only. When Jeff, Eddie and Joey were giving away t-shirts, they randomly picked winners in the servers. I seen 2-3 winners miss out due not not reading in-game chat.

Rob did do a surprise giveaway on TS3 but being a "productive member" or even EGC member wasn't required for chance to win.

ManBearPig
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/09 11:02:12 (permalink)
While you didn't have to technically be apart of EGC for the gaming nights, people didn't know they happened unless they checked the EGC section.  And the chance of winning was MUCH MUCH higher which is what he is complaining about.

st0n3r
FTW Member
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/09 12:22:07 (permalink)
lol giving away a random t-shirt or mouse pad is not EVGA showing appreciation to the people who buy their products..

I am saying that EVGA, not EGC since EGC is NOT the one making these events or being endorsed by companies and receiving items to give away, needs to make events for those who support EVGA. Never once did I say that I deserved to win. You twist words around to suit your side of things. Can you understand what Im saying, and everyone else?

Not once did I in game or on the servers ever state players with high pings should be banned. You can KICK players for high ping (though your not allowed)because its PROVEN to hinder the game play of people with lower pings. Its also proven that consistantly high pings from multiple players can lead to laggy servers. So, again you admins need to provide the feedback of players to the higher ups who give you rules to enforce. What is the #1 complaint in game servers? High Pings, followed by spawn / base raping, followed by lack of hard core servers.

Also, you receive more then t-shirts as you try to say. EVGA shows you and the other admins their appreciation for you taking time to help with their game servers, while to you it may not be much but its something. That is limited to EGC Admins only, so why arent other EVGA members, or the world for that matter entitled to the same stuff you receive? I mean after-all its not fair to the rest of the world to limit who gets those "prizes", "compensation" or whatever youd like to call it.

Asus P9X79Pro
Intel Core I7 4930k
WD 2tb Hdd
EVGA 1300 G2 PSU

ManBearPig
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/10 20:58:03 (permalink)
I will ask again.  Do you expect every company you buy products from to hold contests/events and give away free prizes? Why do you believe that eVGA owes it's customers exclusive giveaways?  Why doesn't every company hold these events?  Oh yeah, that's right, they don't owe you anything.  I will say it again since you can't seem to grasp it, these events are a form of ADVERTISEMENT.  Oh and EGC = EVGA gaming community that is ran BY EVGA.  EGC events are done and prizes given BY EVGA.  That is why I brought them up, a different way with much better chances for people to win prizes FROM EVGA (which is what you wanted).  Oh, and why is a T-shirt or mouse pad not showing appreciation and yet SSDs are?  Is there a certain MSRP at which shows you appreciation?

I never said that you said that you deserve to win (stop twisting words around like you would say).  I also never said that you said they should be banned, not sure why you brought that up (although constantly kicking for ping is basically being banned since you can't play in the server).  You did say in game that I kicked players for high ping this last event which I never did.  You said you had proof that I did, so I asked for it but still have never seen this "proof".  The higher ups have been told about this problem before, they know about it and is the reason why we can at least kick for pings that timed out.  And the #1 complaint in game servers is people hacking; sooooooooooooo many hackusations.

So again, you can always NOT enter in these FREE giveaways and have ZERO chance of ever winning.  No one is making you sign up for these.
post edited by ManBearPig - 2015/03/10 21:38:02

omegadoom13
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: Valentines Mayhem Gaming Event 2015/03/15 10:29:55 (permalink)
ManBearPig
I will ask again.  Do you expect every company you buy products from to hold contests/events and give away free prizes? Why do you believe that eVGA owes it's customers exclusive giveaways?  Why doesn't every company hold these events?  Oh yeah, that's right, they don't owe you anything.  I will say it again since you can't seem to grasp it, these events are a form of ADVERTISEMENT.  Oh and EGC = EVGA gaming community that is ran BY EVGA.  EGC events are done and prizes given BY EVGA.  That is why I brought them up, a different way with much better chances for people to win prizes FROM EVGA (which is what you wanted).  Oh, and why is a T-shirt or mouse pad not showing appreciation and yet SSDs are?  Is there a certain MSRP at which shows you appreciation?

I never said that you said that you deserve to win (stop twisting words around like you would say).  I also never said that you said they should be banned, not sure why you brought that up (although constantly kicking for ping is basically being banned since you can't play in the server).  You did say in game that I kicked players for high ping this last event which I never did.  You said you had proof that I did, so I asked for it but still have never seen this "proof".  The higher ups have been told about this problem before, they know about it and is the reason why we can at least kick for pings that timed out.  And the #1 complaint in game servers is people hacking; sooooooooooooo many hackusations.

So again, you can always NOT enter in these FREE giveaways and have ZERO chance of ever winning.  No one is making you sign up for these.

I'm with you on this ManBearPig.  I've never liked the idea of kicking players just because they have a high ping.... however, players that timed out, yes.  Has any server really improved after kicking a high ping player? Are low pingers getting a better connection after a high ping player leaves/gets kicked?  

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile