EVGA

Using hdmi, the GT 610 is unusable w/ Nvidia drivers, & EVGA doesn't provide Linux...

Author
leetNightshade
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/05/17 01:11:05 (permalink)
I've gone through a Linux Mint 15 installation. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Windows 8 Pro. All of these with some form of a Nvidia driver, and the machine was unusable after a period of time because the screen blacked out more and more often until it would rarely come on.  It was unusable.  I put the same Geforce GT 610 card into my gaming station, and after a similar short period of time the same exact issue occurred.  At this point I was ready to give up and sign up for a warranty.  In remembering the warranty would be through EVGA and not Nvidia, I thought to check EVGA for drivers.  Sure enough, you do provide some Windows drivers on your website.  

Where's Linux support? And why does this EVGA card not work with Nvidia drivers?

I know EVGA provides their own drivers, so saying this support is okay, hardly seems like a good excuse.  I have a 5 year old EVGA GTX 260 that works flawlessly on the newest Nvidia drivers.  Why does the new EVGA card have issues? Granted the GTX 260 doesn't have HDMI, so HDMI is clearly an issue here.  I'm just tired of having a system that didn't work, having to go through all these tests.  And now being forced back to Windows when I wanted to try something new.  

4 Replies Related Threads

leetNightshade
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Using hdmi, the GT 610 is unusable w/ Nvidia drivers, & EVGA doesn't provide Linux... 2014/05/17 09:58:15 (permalink)
    Hm, nm. After doing a gaming benchmark, no drivers make HDMI work. Looks like I have to warranty this thing.
    Gomez99
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2637
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Using hdmi, the GT 610 is unusable w/ Nvidia drivers, & EVGA doesn't provide Linux... 2014/05/17 11:03:38 (permalink)
    This is due to a hardware problem, and has nothing to do with software. The drivers EVGA provides are exactly the same as NVIDIAs drivers except that they put them on their website so that their customers can find it easier. 

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21170
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Using hdmi, the GT 610 is unusable w/ Nvidia drivers, & EVGA doesn't provide Linux... 2014/05/18 10:25:56 (permalink)
    Gomez99
    This is due to a hardware problem, and has nothing to do with software. The drivers EVGA provides are exactly the same as NVIDIAs drivers except that they put them on their website so that their customers can find it easier. 

Yup. EVGA doesn't make drivers. They just provide a copy of NVIDIA's drivers.
    Call up EVGA tech support and consider the possibility that you will need to get a RMA replacement for the card.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

R4mirez
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Using hdmi, the GT 610 is unusable w/ Nvidia drivers, & EVGA doesn't provide Linux... 2015/01/30 04:48:36 (permalink)
    Please someone help me,
    i have a geforce gt 610 and i want to use two video output,
    with two monitor. I buy a cable hdmi x vga convert for use with a second 
    monitor but .. i have problem to active the hdmi. some help ?? 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile