EVGA

Helpful ReplyHot!Update 11/9/16 with NEW BIOS - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070/1060 PWM Temperature Update

Page: << < ..6667686970.. > >> Showing page 70 of 76
Author
dwaintr
  • Total Posts : 36
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/25 20:04:10 (permalink)
emsir
dwaintr
"Worked great for a day, then started having problems. Screen artifacts, flickering, crashes. Seems to be the same problem that many others are having. I considered an RMA, but opted for a refund through Amazon after seeing the many reports of people getting refurb replacements, at least one with minor damage. Not acceptable for such a high end card."

This is a recent comment on Amazon.com

I'm very confused. This guy should have bought a card from the new batch and I don't understand how this guy is still experiencing problems. Is there a production defects on these 1080 FTW cards? Is Vbios update and thermal pad application is just to reduce the effects of the problems of the defected products? 

I read a lot of comments in Turkey and a lot of users believe that this card has a production defects, and if EVGA hasn't changed the card's design, then the card still has all of the previous problems.

Here is another comment I read on Youtube. "They should change the whole heatsink with a new one that adds not only thermal pad but a solid one that really makes full contact with the heatsink, not only the side of the fins. All they are doing is sending owners (per request) some thermal pads that manage to drive away some heat from the affected area on both sides of the GPU, it even makes the back-plate work as a passive heat-sink." 

What do you think guys? Can any EVGA member explain it?

Don't believe in everything you see on youtube. And Turkey? Can you read Turkish???   What's your point....... Where did you see these many reports??? Please provide some links and confirmation.
Post a link to Amazon with comments. EVGA does not send refurbished cards to customers. Post some documentation with pictures that shows the cards are refurbished and some with minor damage.
If you can't provide these things your post is just made up to keep the discussion alive. I don't believe a word you wrote. It's rubbish!

1st, I'm turkish. I read turkish discussion forums.
2nd, you can check Amazon's reviews and as I said that review was one of the recent reviews you can directly find it in less than 15 seconds on the reviews page.
I don't remember on which Youtube video I saw the other comments, it's been days since I wrote this message. I didn't come here to show you proof of what I wrote. I'm one of the new EVGA customers who bought his first EVGA product which is a 1080 GTX FTW and I haven't opened the box because I'll be opening it when I get back to Turkey. So before I go back to Turkey, I wanted to make sure that I did the right thing buying this product from EVGA. And what I did is very normal to me. I'm trying to get many people's opinions, hear their experiences etc.. But finally, I send an email to EVGA regarding my concerns and I had a quite satisfying answer from them explaining what was wrong, how it was fixed etc. So now, I don't care whatever it is written in anywhere. 

Ok buddy?
emsir
  • Total Posts : 66
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/26 01:39:23 (permalink)
dwaintr
emsir
dwaintr
"Worked great for a day, then started having problems. Screen artifacts, flickering, crashes. Seems to be the same problem that many others are having. I considered an RMA, but opted for a refund through Amazon after seeing the many reports of people getting refurb replacements, at least one with minor damage. Not acceptable for such a high end card."

This is a recent comment on Amazon.com

I'm very confused. This guy should have bought a card from the new batch and I don't understand how this guy is still experiencing problems. Is there a production defects on these 1080 FTW cards? Is Vbios update and thermal pad application is just to reduce the effects of the problems of the defected products? 

I read a lot of comments in Turkey and a lot of users believe that this card has a production defects, and if EVGA hasn't changed the card's design, then the card still has all of the previous problems.

Here is another comment I read on Youtube. "They should change the whole heatsink with a new one that adds not only thermal pad but a solid one that really makes full contact with the heatsink, not only the side of the fins. All they are doing is sending owners (per request) some thermal pads that manage to drive away some heat from the affected area on both sides of the GPU, it even makes the back-plate work as a passive heat-sink." 

Don't believe in everything you see on youtube. And Turkey? Can you read Turkish???   What's your point....... Where did you see these many reports??? Please provide some links and confirmation.
Post a link to Amazon with comments. EVGA does not send refurbished cards to customers. Post some documentation with pictures that shows the cards are refurbished and some with minor damage.
If you can't provide these things your post is just made up to keep the discussion alive. I don't believe a word you wrote. It's rubbish!

1st, I'm turkish. I read turkish discussion forums.
2nd, you can check Amazon's reviews and as I said that review was one of the recent reviews you can directly find it in less than 15 seconds on the reviews page.
I don't remember on which Youtube video I saw the other comments, it's been days since I wrote this message. I didn't come here to show you proof of what I wrote. I'm one of the new EVGA customers who bought his first EVGA product which is a 1080 GTX FTW and I haven't opened the box because I'll be opening it when I get back to Turkey. So before I go back to Turkey, I wanted to make sure that I did the right thing buying this product from EVGA. And what I did is very normal to me. I'm trying to get many people's opinions, hear their experiences etc.. But finally, I send an email to EVGA regarding my concerns and I had a quite satisfying answer from them explaining what was wrong, how it was fixed etc. So now, I don't care whatever it is written in anywhere. 

Ok buddy?

No no, you got it wrong. If you have some info and you know where to find on Amazon about the refurbished thing and damaged card being send from EVGA, it's quite easy to post these comments and links. Now you can't remember where you saw these comments on Youtube......and now you suddenly don't care what is written??
So one can conclude your first post was wrong and now you are happy........ OMG!
And by the way, I'm not your buddy.
ilyama
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 341
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/26 10:25:12 (permalink)
panzlock
ilyama
panzlock
So doing research paying off but not exactly providing results. EVGA with VRM problems. Gigabyte has no adequate ventilation on backplate. ASUS experiencing problems with fans on ROG Strix. Jesus Christ, WHAT THE HECK, already?????

I'm going to check what MSI is up to. This is ridiculous.

Can you tell me more about ASUS and GIGABYTE problems ?
MSI is in the same basket, it also add "exploded cards"

Gigabyte was experiencing some issues with performance drops on their 1070's. I also read on Guru3D the back plate is poorly ventilated, clearly trapping excess heat between the main board and itself. No one mentioned this to be an issue but over time this will inevitably reduce the cards lifespan.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_1070_g1_gaming_review,10.html

ASUS was going strong with the ROG Strix until recently. I read their cards are now experiencing fan malfunctions. I dug deeper because this was the best offering thus far, and discovered that some owner's fans aren't turning on at all despite the card being run at load. Apparently this was not a serious concern because not all three fans spool up under load, but at a particular temperature to minimize noise. That was the part of the cooling design. Further research revealed that other Strix owners fans spun to max RPM and couldn't be controlled until restart. This is the problem ASUS is dealing with now.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88228-Strix-1070-O8G-fan-issues

Any links to MSI issues being discussed?

Seems the 10(lucky 7)0's aren't so lucky with Pascal.

Thanks for the information, it seems that there is some problems for all brands for this generation...

I read Zotac, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus...
Not sure if all is true of course :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/...oded_and_rma_rejected/

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/522bzy/anyone_else_had_a_1080_explode_on_them/?st=ix6exj5s&sh=6a4932b5

https://www.reddit.com/r/...6exj5s&sh=6a4932b5

panaikas
  • Total Posts : 55
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/27 03:57:26 (permalink)
emsir
dwaintr
"Worked great for a day, then started having problems. Screen artifacts, flickering, crashes. Seems to be the same problem that many others are
manage to drive away some heat from the affected area on both sides of the GPU, it even makes the back-plate work as a passive heat-sink." 

EVGA does not send refurbished cards to customers. Post some documentation with pictures that shows the cards are refurbished and some with minor damage.

Emsir I get this answer from evga:

EVGA Support Email

...., thank you for contacting the EVGA Customer Service Team. My name is Markus Kaesbauer and I will answer your question today.

Your Answer:

Hi,
thanks for the detailed request - those GPU´s are brandly new \ re-worked products, no worries - mostly the only difference would be, not sealed and not within the original package, as due the RMA process we are using different packages,
Please let us know if we can further assist,
Have a nice day,
Regards,"

So yes, maybe the card is either new or either refurbished, it's 50 - 50 what they send.
post edited by panaikas - 2016/12/27 04:03:51
emsir
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/27 09:00:10 (permalink)
panaikas
emsir
dwaintr
"Worked great for a day, then started having problems. Screen artifacts, flickering, crashes. Seems to be the same problem that many others are
manage to drive away some heat from the affected area on both sides of the GPU, it even makes the back-plate work as a passive heat-sink." 

EVGA does not send refurbished cards to customers. Post some documentation with pictures that shows the cards are refurbished and some with minor damage.

Emsir I get this answer from evga:

EVGA Support Email

...., thank you for contacting the EVGA Customer Service Team. My name is Markus Kaesbauer and I will answer your question today.

Your Answer:

Hi,
thanks for the detailed request - those GPU´s are brandly new \ re-worked products, no worries - mostly the only difference would be, not sealed and not within the original package, as due the RMA process we are using different packages,
Please let us know if we can further assist,
Have a nice day,
Regards,"

So yes, maybe the card is either new or either refurbished, it's 50 - 50 what they send.

No. Nothing in the answer from EVGA tell you that they send refurbished cards. The only difference from brandly new and reworked cards are MOLSTLY  not sealed and not within the original package, as due the RMA process we are using different packages. 

You know what reworked cards are, right? Reworked cards are cards with updated VBios and the Thermal mod. And Brandly new cards are.....brand new!
panaikas
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/27 10:21:16 (permalink)
emsir

No. Nothing in the answer from EVGA tell you that they send refurbished cards. The only difference from brandly new and reworked cards are MOLSTLY  not sealed and not within the original package, as due the RMA process we are using different packages. 

You know what reworked cards are, right? Reworked cards are cards with updated VBios and the Thermal mod. And Brandly new cards are.....brand new!

If it is not refurbished, then they will write only brandly new and no brand new/re-worked. You wrote yourself some of the conditions of re-worked cards vbios, thermal mod (but there aren't only these include and others fixed problems) that intervene the technicians of evga to fix it, it's NOT brand new.....

The cards that they recieve from rma are the future reworked cards ( they check, clean, add pads and fix if had other problem) and send to the customer.
So at your opinion the brand new/reworked are new, for me reworked are refurbished/used card.
Brand new is a card which is made correct with pads etc. from the factory and sealed at original box.
post edited by panaikas - 2016/12/27 10:25:56
emsir
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/27 10:48:20 (permalink)
panaikas
emsir

If it is not refurbished, then they will write only brandly new and no brand new/re-worked. You wrote yourself some of the conditions of re-worked cards vbios, thermal mod (but there aren't only these include and others fixed problems) that intervene the technicians of evga to fix it, it's NOT brand new.....

The cards that they recieve from rma are the future reworked cards ( they check, clean, add pads and fix if had other problem) and send to the customer.
So at your opinion the brand new/reworked are new, for me reworked are refurbished/used card.
Brand new is a card which is made correct with pads etc. from the factory and sealed at original box.

You don't understand how things work in a business. You think that if a customer send a RMA product because of updating the VBIOS and the thermal mod, he/she will get a brand new card in return. That's not the case in any business. The company (EVGA) fix the problems the customer have and send the card back to the customer. NO company will just send a new product unless the product is mailfunction or broken. If a customer send a card that is broken he/she will get a brand new card. But that's not the case here. The issue is thermal mod and Vbios, and in very few cases burnt VRam. (New card is send)
If in any case EVGA will send a card that is fixed but the customer asked for a refund (completely different scenario), EVGA will give the same guarantee  as a brand new card to the new customer.
In the real world the card is just like a new card. EVGA will never send a card with any risk of damage. It will be tested and checked before shipped to customer. Trust me, EVGA know what they are doing.

panaikas
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/27 11:25:32 (permalink)
There is misunderstanding because I don't make clear what rma I talked
emsir
You don't understand how things work in a business. You think that if a customer send a RMA product because of updating the VBIOS and the thermal mod, he/she will get a brand new card in return.

The above answer I get from evga it concerns about the advanced rma procedure/scenario. 
Because they don't give me at first a clear answer and after a lots emails they write me about brand new/reworked card.
For the simple rma they recieve, fix the problem and send back the same card (if could fix).
As you write there a lots of scenarios and the conditions of problems, Evga accordingly will move.

Have happy holidays and new year.

TheProfosist
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 110
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/27 15:14:52 (permalink)
Where is there a BIOS update for my 1060 FTW+ ?

Edit: Also I cant order the thermal pads for it either...

TheProfosist
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 110
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/27 16:11:30 (permalink)
Is there any update or pads needed for a 03G-P4-6160-KR EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GAMING
GarrettL
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 157
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/27 16:44:22 (permalink)
TheProfosist
Is there any update or pads needed for a 03G-P4-6160-KR EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GAMING

These units are not listed among the affected cards so an update should not be necessary
panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/28 11:05:21 (permalink)
ilyama

Thanks for the information, it seems that there is some problems for all brands for this generation...

I read Zotac, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus...
Not sure if all is true of course :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/...oded_and_rma_rejected/

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/522bzy/anyone_else_had_a_1080_explode_on_them/?st=ix6exj5s&sh=6a4932b5

https://www.reddit.com/r/...6exj5s&sh=6a4932b5

Well, then. That settles it, the 1070 is cursed.

I risked the fan issues with ASUS. With rebates it was the best looking, fastest and cheapest 1070 on the market. Will advise if I experience any problems with it.
schm0
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/12/31 18:06:21 (permalink)
Hi
Happy new year to everyone!
I got a gtx 1060 6gb sc. (06G-P4-6163-KR)
Which had an older bios flashed then listened here in this thread. GPU-Z showed subvendor undefined.
I have an amd chipset and couldn't flash the bios from this thread.

I contacted evga support to send me the special amd pwn updated bios and they send me the exact same bios which was already on my gpu.
So i wrote an email again asking for the bios from this thread and they send me an e-mail without attachment :-/

But with the instructions given in the bios update they send me earlier i was able to the flash the bios from this thread.
Gpu-z now also reports subvendor evga. So i think im good to go?
What is the amd special update about?

Here is a screenshot:

post edited by schm0 - 2016/12/31 18:09:17
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102394
  • Ribbons : 85
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/01 05:00:30 (permalink)
Everyone, when posting please respect the forum member's post even if you disagree with them. We've had some complaints so those posts off topic or far too argumentative will be edited or deleted from this thread.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Paulo Elias
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/01 05:32:46 (permalink)
I would like to share if I may a recent experience I had with my GTX 1080 SC and Windows 10:

I already reported in a previous posting that I had on occasion a double cold startup in my PC. Briefly, turning on the system after POST Windows starts to load, after a few seconds the screen goes blank and a second cold boot starts, albeit slightly slower.

I tested every single piece of hardware except for the power supply. The EVGA support staff referred to the blank screen episode to be a graphics card related issue. I had the 1080 installed since the end of October.

What I found out by using the trial and error experimentation method was that disabling Windows 10's Fast Startup stops the double cold boot and the blank screen from turning up.

So far, no explanation was found by me about the effects of this change. It is nevertheless possible that the Windows 10's anniversary update has a bug in the algorithm that covers for example a driver that is not fully compatible.

My system is now under proper scrutiny but it seems that the blank screen issue is now gone. In which case a RMA for my card is being discarded.

I hope that my findings may help anyone with the same issue.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102394
  • Ribbons : 85
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/01 05:36:36 (permalink)
Paulo Elias
I would like to share if I may a recent experience I had with my GTX 1080 SC and Windows 10:

I already reported in a previous posting that I had on occasion a double cold startup in my PC. Briefly, turning on the system after POST Windows starts to load, after a few seconds the screen goes blank and a second cold boot starts, albeit slightly slower.

I tested every single piece of hardware except for the power supply. The EVGA support staff referred to the blank screen episode to be a graphics card related issue. I had the 1080 installed since the end of October.

What I found out by using the trial and error experimentation method was that disabling Windows 10's Fast Startup stops the double cold boot and the blank screen from turning up.

So far, no explanation was found by me about the effects of this change. It is nevertheless possible that the Windows 10's anniversary update has a bug in the algorithm that covers for example a driver that is not fully compatible.

My system is now under proper scrutiny but it seems that the blank screen issue is now gone. In which case a RMA for my card is being discarded.

I hope that my findings may help anyone with the same issue.

If your power is totally removed from your PC and you have a fresh startup the PC might power up then down for a second or two and power back up. This is actually normal. This happens when my X99 starts from a cold power on. If I keep the PC plugged into power then I don't have this.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Paulo Elias
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/01 08:43:49 (permalink)
rjohnson11

If your power is totally removed from your PC and you have a fresh startup the PC might power up then down for a second or two and power back up. This is actually normal. This happens when my X99 starts from a cold power on. If I keep the PC plugged into power then I don't have this.

Yes, but in this case the PC did startup, the Windows logo and the spinning wheel would come up, but then there was a blank screen instead of the usual Windows lock screen.

If I remember correctly your description is related to a full power removal from the motherboard. It happens sometimes when you exchange components, such as a CPU, for example.
wwr222
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/01 10:31:53 (permalink)
Hello.
My pads have the status:Request Shipped 11/28/2016 (Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery).
But until now, no one in Russia doesn't get it.
What do we do?
Happiness New Year!
Zeo90
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/02 18:16:16 (permalink)
Hey just a quick issue I'd like some help with.
So i just did the BIOS update for my 1070 ftw. Everything seemed fine until i got in game starting up WoW. my frames tanked compared to pre-BIOS update. Normally i max my G-Sync monitor at 144 unless things get busy but now its barely over 100. i double checked G-Sync and refreshed by drivers but its still lack luster frames from before i updated the Bios to fix this issue. 

Anyone else have this problem and know what to do? I thought all this was suppose to due was fix the fan-curves?

EDIT: Fixed the issue..apparently some where down the line the AA got messed with somehow which was a MASSIVE drain...changed it and its all good now
post edited by Zeo90 - 2017/01/02 19:58:44
shinmoon
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/03 09:07:14 (permalink)
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone had a happy holidays! I bought my EVGA GTX 1070 FTW back in October and didn't come across this thread or any of the overheating reports until recently. Although I had EVGA Precision installed, I never really monitored my temperatures. Just recently I've gotten into overclocking and although I've just been working on my CPU/RAM, I've finally been monitoring temperature through my benchmarking runs. I've noticed that my card idles at about 45-50C (Room is about 22C, HWinfo shows temperatures around the case at approximately 30C) and during WoW and CS:GO it runs about 75-80C on load. From what I've been reading here that seems to be on the high end of temperatures.

I've been using the EVGA Precision aggressive fan curve so my fans are always on, and are at 80-90% while gaming. Will I see any noticeable differences with the VBIOS update? Also, I'm never uncomfortable opening up my card to apply the thermal pads. I saw on the thermal mod website that you can RMA if you cannot install the VBIOS yourself but doesn't say anything about the thermal pads (I understand they are optional).

Although I don't feel like my gaming has been hindered by these high temperatures I was hoping that my GPU fans didn't have to be running at almost max speed any time I turned on a game.

Am I overreacting and these temperatures are normal or can I RMA this card since I'm not comfortable with the thermal pad install? I've checked the serial number and the model is covered and it doesn't look like the card came with the pads or the VBIOS update.
Nicklas0912
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 170
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/03 10:12:23 (permalink)
I just want a Bios that give me more power taget :P

Asus X99-DELUXE II |i7 6900k|Custom Water|Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3400Mhz CL15 |2x Kingston HyberX 120GB Raid (OS) 2xKingston 240GB Raid (Games) |Evga GTX 980 TI Classfield SLI|Corsair AX1200|

marcosrv
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/04 05:01:47 (permalink)
shinmoon
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone had a happy holidays! I bought my EVGA GTX 1070 FTW back in October and didn't come across this thread or any of the overheating reports until recently. Although I had EVGA Precision installed, I never really monitored my temperatures. Just recently I've gotten into overclocking and although I've just been working on my CPU/RAM, I've finally been monitoring temperature through my benchmarking runs. I've noticed that my card idles at about 45-50C (Room is about 22C, HWinfo shows temperatures around the case at approximately 30C) and during WoW and CS:GO it runs about 75-80C on load. From what I've been reading here that seems to be on the high end of temperatures.

I've been using the EVGA Precision aggressive fan curve so my fans are always on, and are at 80-90% while gaming. Will I see any noticeable differences with the VBIOS update? Also, I'm never uncomfortable opening up my card to apply the thermal pads. I saw on the thermal mod website that you can RMA if you cannot install the VBIOS yourself but doesn't say anything about the thermal pads (I understand they are optional).

Although I don't feel like my gaming has been hindered by these high temperatures I was hoping that my GPU fans didn't have to be running at almost max speed any time I turned on a game.

Am I overreacting and these temperatures are normal or can I RMA this card since I'm not comfortable with the thermal pad install? I've checked the serial number and the model is covered and it doesn't look like the card came with the pads or the VBIOS update.

Would like to know that too. The temps of my 1070 SC stay around 38ºC idle and 60º full load. They're OK, but the VRM temps, where the problem is, aren't measurable through monitoring. According to some articles, where they used that digital thermometer, the VRM temps on high load are around 20 degrees higher than in GPU, so if I'm getting 80 degrees on it, it's kinda OK, right? Wondering if the thermal mod is really necessary in my case.
MarcusOW
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/05 00:43:54 (permalink)
Hello everybody,
I have a question about updating firmware of a evga gtx1080 ftw.
Gpu-z says that the version of bios is 86.04.3b.00.84.
The card is already updated or not?
Thank you
panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/05 08:10:32 (permalink)
MarcusOW
Hello everybody,
I have a question about updating firmware of a evga gtx1080 ftw.
Gpu-z says that the version of bios is 86.04.3b.00.84.
The card is already updated or not?
Thank you

Check this list for latest VBIOS updates by vendor: https://www.techpowerup.c...emSize=8192&since=

Find your card, and on the right side click details to view what the update offers.
post edited by panzlock - 2017/01/05 08:20:01
Shortbeltz
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/05 17:47:49 (permalink)
A friend of mine just recently told me about this, I am running 2x 08G-P4-6286-KR - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 in sli, but i cannot use the downloaded bios updater, it just hangs after opening searching for card(about 10 mins) until I alt-F4 out of it, I am on windows 10, the current bios on both cards is 86.04.17.00.80, how do you apply these updates?
Pennywise359
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/05 19:10:59 (permalink)
Update tool did not update bios on my bottom 1080 ftw...

Use my discount code to get up to 10% off your purchase!

Click Here to register and start earning rewards!

voopvoop
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/05 20:56:28 (permalink)
Updated bios and the crashing remains.  Proceeding with RMA after a couple late round crashes in Overwatch comp...
jrdnlc
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/06 00:08:15 (permalink)
Just got my 6GB 1060 FTW+. Do I need the bios update also? My P/N is 06G-P4-6368-KR
Slimchanskiy
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/06 01:32:03 (permalink)
hello, i must install bios step by step or can just install latest bios? (this)
current bios: 86.04.26.00.70 (1070 SC)
comrade
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1316
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2017/01/07 21:06:13 (permalink)
Downloaded and tried the BIOS update.  It's not working.  All I get is a quick DOS window saying the flash will start, then the screen goes blank and then comes back up with a low resolution.  After restarting, I get the same low res screen and when Precision tries to start, it says "No supported hardware".  

I then have to re-install the video driver to get it back to working, but the BIOS on the video card is unchanged according to the Nvidia Control Panel.

I've manually changed the fan profile in Precision to keep the fan running and ramp up faster, but my two GTX 1080 Classifieds do not seem to be running all that warm according to the monitor in Precision.  When running 3DMark Fire Strike Ultra, the warmer of the two cards shows a temp of 60-62 deg. C.

According to Precision, the BIOS on my cards stays at 86.04.17.00.80.

Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Pro WiFi Amd sTRX4 ATX MB, AMD Ryzen 9 Threadripper 3960x, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING, 24G-P5-3988-KR, twin - 28" 3840 x 2160 Monitors, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, M2 NVME SSD for OS, 3x2 TB  Samsung 980 Pro SSD's for storage, Samsung SH-203 SATA DVD Drive, Coolermaster 1000 Watt PSU, Win 11 Pro, Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced case. EVGA Z20 Gaming Keyboard, Razer Orochi 2013 Mouse.
Page: << < ..6667686970.. > >> Showing page 70 of 76
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile