EVGA

Helpful ReplyHot!Update 11/9/16 with NEW BIOS - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070/1060 PWM Temperature Update

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 76
Author
Paragon_X
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 07:27:01 (permalink)
Do we have an ETA on the Thermal Pads? Also as many other noted My request is pending approval even though its on the list above.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 07:28:35 (permalink)
GFAFSI understand you're doing your job, quite well i would say, but what people are assuming right now is even an easy task should not be burden on the end user, at least not for the Price of the card.

People update the bios on their motherboard rather than sending it back for every update... Why would they do that since it requires the end user to update hardware that cost as much if not more than a GPU sometimes?

People are legitimately blowing this out of proportion for no reason. It takes longer to update a motherboard bios.

Remember when Nvidia released the 1070 Micron update? That was for every single manufacturer, and very few complaints. People simply opened the file as required and updated the bios. That was only 2 or 3 weeks ago.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 07:31:51 (permalink)
carb1de
my 1070 FTW hits 82°C at 1440p approx. 100-130 average FPS on standard fan profile (playing DOOM). it also crashes with an odd checquerboard back to desktop.

if I flash this bios, and install the pads, will the problem go away, or has the memory now been cooked? as I understand it, the actual VRM temp isn't so much of an issue as the heat soak to the memory with a max 95°C operating temp?

When does the actual burning of components happen? after VRM temp has been sat above ###°C sustained?

Didn't realise the brilliant advance rma service is only available if you take it out with the first 30 days of registration. so I will be left without a video card if it dies?

Can't believe I didn't buy the MSI gaming x for the same price! miffed!

Have you check your gpu to see if it has micron memory? If you have micron memory, have you updated the bios for micron memory? If jot, you should do that now, and see if it helps.
spryguy
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 07:36:34 (permalink)
Having to flash the bios is not my issue, the resulting fan noise is. My box my card came in will essentially have false advertising on it.
GFAFS
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 07:39:24 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
GFAFSI understand you're doing your job, quite well i would say, but what people are assuming right now is even an easy task should not be burden on the end user, at least not for the Price of the card.

People update the bios on their motherboard rather than sending it back for every update... Why would they do that since it requires the end user to update hardware that cost as much if not more than a GPU sometimes?

People are legitimately blowing this out of proportion for no reason. It takes longer to update a motherboard bios.

Remember when Nvidia released the 1070 Micron update? That was for every single manufacturer, and very few complaints. People simply opened the file as required and updated the bios. That was only 2 or 3 weeks ago.

You should know as well as i do, that most of the users DO NOT update their Bios at all on their motherboards/GC, the exact reason why the manufacturers developed some easy way to flash nands in the first place.
Yes i remember the "microngate", but here it's one problem too much..., first the bios, now the "padgate". The bios will only cover the hardware design issue. This is not a solution. AT ALL

Btw Samsung also tried to tinker with the battery settings to prevent a recall(software wise), but wasn't enough to prevent the hardware issue.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 07:39:42 (permalink)
spryguy
Having to flash the bios is not my issue, the resulting fan noise is. My box my card came in will essentially have false advertising on it.

The card can still have 0% fan speed. The resulting noise is actually not as loud as many are assuming. I run my fans between 50 and 60% on an open bench, and the stock Intel cpu cooler is louder than the GPU.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 07:43:51 (permalink)
GFAFS
Scarlet-Tech

You should know as well as i do, that most of the users DO NOT update their Bios at all on their motherboard, the exact reason why the manufacturers developed some easy way to flash nands in the first place.
Yes i remember the "microngate", but here it's one problem too much..., first the bios, now the "padgate". The bios will only cover the hardware design issue. This is not a solution. AT ALL

Btw samsung also tried to tinker with the battery settings to prevent a recall(software wise), but wasn't enough to prevent the hardware issue.

Please do me a favor. In depth, explain the hardware issue. I am being serious.

This design was used on the 770 ftw, 780ftw, 780 classified, 780ti classified, 780ti K|ngp|n, 970 FTW+, 980 FTW, 980 Classified, 980 K|ngp|n, 980ti FTW, 980ti classified, 980ti K|ngp|n, and numerous other cards

The 900 series even had 0% fan speeds...

So, if it has worked for so long without any notice, and it is still the same design... How is it suddenly a hardware issue?

What changed? It's a very easy answer.. Fan speed. That was the only change.

The bios update will allow higher fan speed and reduce the need for thermal pads. The thermal pads will transfer the heat reducing the need for higher fan speeds. Using both will go reduce the heat across both areas even more. GamerNexus is actively testing everything and updating the page in the second post.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/11/02 07:48:30
DSP1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 216
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 07:55:27 (permalink)
The real hardware issue is whether the components chosen by EVGA to use on the PCB by their suppliers (on Semiconductor et al) are of inferior quality as compared to other manufacturers, MSi,Gigabyte Asus etc. That is the issue that needs addressing. Do these components inherently run hotter than other suppliers of the same components. Once that issue has been cleared up then you can start to talk about how or whether the cooling design is efficacious.

GFAFS
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 07:58:06 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech

This design was used on the 770 ftw, 780ftw, 780 classified, 780ti classified, 780ti K|ngp|n, 970 FTW+, 980 FTW, 980 Classified, 980 K|ngp|n, 980ti FTW, 980ti classified, 980ti K|ngp|n, and numerous other cards

So, if it has worked for so long without any notice, and it is still the same design... How is it suddenly a hardware issue?

Sorry, but the VRM's temperature IS a design hardware issue,  which is side patched with an "emergency trick" being blowing "more air and or more/less V" than designed on paper and after being tested by EVGA before the release.
Let me return you politely the questions, if there is no design hardware issue underneath, why the micron Bios? why this Bios?, why the pads?

So, yes i say it again it's design hardware issues.
post edited by GFAFS - 2016/11/02 08:05:28
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:06:58 (permalink)
GFAFS
Scarlet-Tech

Sorry, but the VRM's temperature IS a design hardware issue,  which is side patched with an "emergency trick" being blowing "more air and or more/less V" than designed on paper and after being tested by EVGA before the release.
Let me return you politely the question, if there is no design hardware issue underneath, why the micron Bios? why this Bios?, why the pads?

So, yes i say it again it's design hardware issue.

The vrm temperatures went up because the fan speed went down. Does that not make sense? Stand in the summer sun with no air movement and you will overheat. The wind blows and you cool off (air movement helps remove heat away).

The micron issue is an Nvidia fault. Every manufacturer was effected.

The rest is just repetitive and has been addressed.

If you don't want to do the updates, Don't. Your card is still covered under warranty and won't have many (if any) issues. It's your choice. I am not going to change your mind, and adding an easy solution to what people assume is a disaster doesn't help. Have a good day.
brokencross
  • Total Posts : 89
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:12:48 (permalink)
Eagleizer
brokencross
BRooDJeRo
What should be the nominal and under high load temperatures for the VRM's on these cards according to factory specifications? Even with a fan curve modification/bios update it still seems to be around 95 degrees Celsius according to Gamer Nexus. That still seems quite high with that being close to the boiling point of water (100C) although it isn't water, but temperatures of 90/95C+ are usually still a reason for alarm. Does any electronics technician have any more information on this?
Also, what will the temperature be after the thermal pads modification?

Tweet with temps: 

What you can't forget is that they were pushing the cards to the limit with furmark loops. They'll never reach those temps when gaming.

How do you know? Future games are not here yet.. People are having problems without running Furmark. 
Me included.. And in SLI they get a lot hotter, at least on the GPU. 
You should read this: 

->guru3d.com/news-story/evga-gtx-10701080-cards-almost-all-of-them-have-overheating-issues.html

Because no game is a power virus.
And what problems are you having?
post edited by brokencross - 2016/11/02 08:15:20

Intel i5 4690K@4.4Ghz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | EVGA GTX1070 FTW replaced by a MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB 1866Mhz | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho | NZXT S340
Inaho_Seiryu
  • Total Posts : 48
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:14:17 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
If you don't want to do the updates, Don't. Your card is still covered under warranty and won't have many (if any) issues. It's your choice. I am not going to change your mind, and adding an easy solution to what people assume is a disaster doesn't help. Have a good day.

I plan to update the BIOS and apply the Thermal pads when i get them. However i'm curious what would happen if i didn't?

Not looking for an "official announcement" from EVGA or anything, more like honest opinion from the users here. Do guys think it would be dangerous to skip all these steps? Would the card get damaged in the long term like in 2~3 years in the future? 
GFAFS
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:16:48 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
The vrm temperatures went up because the fan speed went down. Does that not make sense? Stand in the summer sun with no air movement and you will overheat. The wind blows and you cool off (air movement helps remove heat away).

Patronizing won't help, i will pass on the summer metaphor...

I don't care if it's Nvidia fault or not, i bought your branded card, and i want it Rma'ed and fixed properly for me to enjoy using the card without any interruption as it should be, that's what i'm saying and asking if you read all my posts. And clearly i will not update the card, being bios wise or pad wise, it's not what i paid for.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:18:24 (permalink)
Evil_Betox
Scarlet-Tech

I plan to update the BIOS and apply the Thermal pads when i get them. However i'm curious what would happen if i didn't?

Not looking for an "official announcement" from EVGA or anything, more like honest opinion from the users here. Do guys think it would be dangerous to skip all these steps? Would the card get damaged in the long term like in 2~3 years in the future? 

If you turn the fans up to 50%, nothing would happen more than likely. I ran mine for 2 straight months without touching anything and left it folding and never experienced even a black screen.. The pcb never even got hot.

If the fans were left at 30%, it would probably wear down the VRM over time, but it's unlikely it would be a serious issue. Unfortunately I don't have have a way to test it and know for sure.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:24:04 (permalink)
GFAFS
Scarlet-Tech

Patronizing won't help, i will pass on the summer metaphor...

I don't care if it's Nvidia fault or not, i bought your branded card, and i want it Rma'ed and fixed properly for me to enjoy using the card without any interruption as it should be, that's what i'm saying and asking if you read all my posts. And clearly i will not update the card, being bios wise or pad wise, it's not what i paid for.

I don't make graphics card.. I am in the military. I wish I could make graphics cards.

Why did I word it that way? Because you are assuming, just like with everything else, that I work for EVGA. I am not an evga employee, so putting " your graphics card" is completely false as my graphic cards are all sitting in my house right now. Had you bought mine, you would find that it works perfect and doesn't get hot because I run my fan at 50% (stock slave profile for the ftw).
Bar81
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:25:04 (permalink)
So downloading and clicking on an exe is some sort of obscenely onerous act now. What a bunch of drama queens.

You wanted a "fix" for a problem that doesn't exist (unless all you do is run benchmarks in a loop for hours) and you got it. Result: more complaining.

Intel 6700T, Thermalright Macho Zero, Asus Sabertooth Z170 S, 64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT, EVGA 1080 Ti SC, Samsung 850 PRO, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, Kingwin Stryker 500W
Gawg36
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 376
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:26:58 (permalink)
This is starting to look bad. There are lots of questions due to EVGAs mistake that EVGA ignore.  personally I want to know why my pads need approval to send, that what it says. I have done everything right (card registered, reciept sent everything possible). There is no info or ETA of them either. 

Scarlet tech is doing a really good job, but he is a forum moderator. Why is there so little feedback from company reps, Jacob included. At first it went well, I mean I was fairly pleased with the ease of ordering. On October 25th. A week later and they are awaiting approval!! This really is a step backward. In the meantime this bios fan adjustment just appeared. Sure it's a good thing, but wasn't handled well.

I feel EVGA have to a degree had enough and are abandoning customers issues. As said Scarlet is doing the best he can, kudos to him. But many of these things need direct answers from the company themselves.

I have no issue flashing a bios or putting in the thermal pads. It's an easy  procedure. But I find the lack of information about when we can do these things to be getting really sloppy. Not something I would have ever expected to say about EVGA. Takes a long time to build a top reputation for customer service, and EVGA have deserved it. If EVGA don't start properly addressing our questions customers are going to start getting angry (many already are). It's still relatively early days, but time is passing and nothing much is happening. Losing a reputation for outstanding customer service can be wiped out with one incident, if people feel they have been shafted. EVGA need to address this quickly, answer our questions, be transparant and honest. That's what upsets me. Free pads - great! A week later in approval process, not even sent yet. That is not acceptable! NO explanation either. Annoying.

I am also rapidly approaching a complete breakdown of trust due to the lack of transparency. If this isn't dealt with soon I will very sadly join the others who never buy EVGA again.
This is a kind of real life test. Sending out pads, making new Bios available are great. But it counts for nothing if it's delayed and delayed again. Also people need their questions answered.
Seeing as this whole screw up is the fault, totally of EVGAs making I'm starting to get pretty shocked at the lack of interest or urgency, lack of solid info, questions unanswered.

Really, it's starting to look very sloppy. A shame because this could and should have been dealt with quickly, efficiently and with full transparency. This is currently NOT the case.

1. Taichi z370. i7 8086k @ 5,2GHz Stable.
16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3,000MHz.
  EVGA GTX 1080ti  FTW3. Acer XB270HU IPS 1440p 144Hz Refresh with G-Sync. PSU Corsair AX850. Cloud two cans, and Creative T20 stereo. Realtek HD on board sound.

Bar81
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:33:40 (permalink)
Gawg36
I have no issue flashing a bios or putting in the thermal pads. It's an easy  procedure. But I find the lack of information about when we can do these things to be getting really sloppy. Not something I would have ever expected to say about EVGA. Takes a long time to build a top reputation for customer service, and EVGA have deserved it. If EVGA don't start properly addressing our questions customers are going to start getting angry (many already are). It's still relatively early days, but time is passing and nothing much is happening. Losing a reputation for outstanding customer service can be wiped out with one incident, if people feel they have been shafted. EVGA need to address this quickly, answer our questions, be transparant and honest. That's what upsets me. Free pads - great! A week later in approval process, not even sent yet. That is not acceptable! NO explanation either. Annoying.

I am also rapidly approaching a complete breakdown of trust due to the lack of transparency. If this isn't dealt with soon I will very sadly join the others who never buy EVGA again.
This is a kind of real life test. Sending out pads, making new Bios available are great. But it counts for nothing if it's delayed and delayed again. Also people need their questions answered.
Seeing as this whole screw up is the fault, totally of EVGAs making I'm starting to get pretty shocked at the lack of interest or urgency, lack of solid info, questions unanswered.

Really, it's starting to look very sloppy. A shame because this could and should have been dealt with quickly, efficiently and with full transparency. This is currently NOT the case.

That's fair. They've had some time to get their act together and it still seems like they're running a fire drill. The messaging has not been adequate so far and it is pretty ridiculous that shipping dates for the pads (and powwerlink now that I think about it) remains a mystery.

It's actually the above that's let this thing turn from a molehill into a mountain.

Intel 6700T, Thermalright Macho Zero, Asus Sabertooth Z170 S, 64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT, EVGA 1080 Ti SC, Samsung 850 PRO, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, Kingwin Stryker 500W
DSP1
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:33:41 (permalink)
Bar81
So downloading and clicking on an exe is some sort of obscenely onerous act now. What a bunch of drama queens.

You wanted a "fix" for a problem that doesn't exist (unless all you do is run benchmarks in a loop for hours) and you got it. Result: more complaining.

+1

All the information is already out there, in this forum. The answer to everyone's questions. The problem is the abundance of whiney spoiled 5 year olds who want everything spoon fed to them. It's pathetic 
Learn how to adjust the fan profile!!! God!!! You shouldn't need a bios update to increase fan speed. smh
Some people as evidenced by some the tantrumshere, have more money than  brains.

GFAFS
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:33:45 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
I don't make graphics card.. I am in the military. I wish I could make graphics cards.

Why did I word it that way? Because you are assuming, just like with everything else, that I work for EVGA. I am not an evga employee, so putting " your graphics card" is completely false as my graphic cards are all sitting in my house right now. Had you bought mine, you would find that it works perfect and doesn't get hot because I run my fan at 50% (stock slave profile for the ftw).

Ok..., playing rhetoric now, by "your" i'm obviously targeting EVGA, you're a moderator and yes i assume it's with EVGA consent even though you're not an employee..., you won't dismiss me that way, but nice effort.

I think we're done indeed, you made your point i made mine. I'm waiting for a Real official to quote me.

Have a nice day Scarlet-Tech.

Gawg36
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:43:08 (permalink)
Paragon_X
Do we have an ETA on the Thermal Pads? Also as many other noted My request is pending approval even though its on the list above.

A quick example of what I am on about. This is a serious legitimate issue that's been ignored. Answers please, and from EVGA employees, this is beyond the scope of a forum moderator.

EVGA GTX 1080ti  FTW3. Acer XB270HU IPS 1440p 144Hz Refresh with G-Sync. PSU Corsair AX850. Cloud two cans, and Creative T20 stereo. Realtek HD on board sound.

Gawg36
iCX Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:45:36 (permalink)
Bar81
Gawg36

That's fair. They've had some time to get their act together and it still seems like they're running a fire drill. The messaging has not been adequate so far and it is pretty ridiculous that shipping dates for the pads (and powwerlink now that I think about it) remains a mystery.

It's actually the above that's let this thing turn from a molehill into a mountain.

Thank you Bar81 for agreeing. It really is about the lack of transparency and unexplained delays. The problems themselves aren't terrible and can be easily and quickly fixed, and EVGA offered good solutions. But now I feel abandoned.

DSP1
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:47:26 (permalink)
What a lot of emo nonsense. rofl

luckyirishlad
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:48:04 (permalink)
Please understand i have nothing against EVGA or any other manufacture but what i am against is
poor designs with high price tags its totally unacceptable.

So anybody that is upset has every right to do so

So is it really ok peeps getting these pads to fit themselves which again i find unacceptable for the price paid for these cards in which the end user is then having to complete the design ...Reminds me of this..

DamZe
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:48:46 (permalink)
I seriously doubt that under normal use scenarios (not benchmarking 24/7) most of us are fine. I will be installing the thermal pads just for good meassure as I plan to keep my 1070FTW for 2+ years. The VBIOS should do the trick though.

My humble setup: Intel i7 4790K - EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0 - ASUS Z97M-PLUS - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - 16 GB G.Skill Trident X 1866mhz 8CL - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W - SilverStone Precision PS07 - Acer G237HL Monitor - EVGA Torq X5 Gaming Mouse - Turtle Beach Impact 700 Keyboard
brokencross
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:49:15 (permalink)
Gawg36
This is starting to look bad. There are lots of questions due to EVGAs mistake that EVGA ignore.  personally I want to know why my pads need approval to send, that what it says. I have done everything right (card registered, reciept sent everything possible). There is no info or ETA of them either. 

Scarlet tech is doing a really good job, but he is a forum moderator. Why is there so little feedback from company reps, Jacob included. At first it went well, I mean I was fairly pleased with the ease of ordering. On October 25th. A week later and they are awaiting approval!! This really is a step backward. In the meantime this bios fan adjustment just appeared. Sure it's a good thing, but wasn't handled well.

I feel EVGA have to a degree had enough and are abandoning customers issues. As said Scarlet is doing the best he can, kudos to him. But many of these things need direct answers from the company themselves.

I can't agree with you.
With independent users actually going through the effort of analysing this whole overheat problem, we've all concluded that it seems it really isn't an issue as the cards do operate within spec and they aren't "overheating."
Even though they do operate within spec, they get really close to their temp threshold in extreme cases. That's why EVGA is providing us thermal pads and a bios update.
Could EVGA design a more efficient cooler? Maybe. But what's done is done.

I'm not saying it's your case, but I think many people here are completely oblivious regarding graphic cards, in the way that if you're minimally knowledgeable you would know that furmark can indeed kill cards. 
Hundreds and hundreds of cards have been killed by it, one I had included. And guess what? It's always the VRAM or the power phases that overheat and die out.
Furmark isn't a program to be taken or used lightly, as you can't possibly replicate the number of instructions it provides in order to completely overwhelm the GPU and VRAM.
Plus, for us who use our cards for everyday gaming/rendering it's not even useful at all.  It's much better to use a real world benchmark like Unigine Heaven/Valley to test our card's stability. 
The only thing Furmark is going to accomplish is overheat your card and you may not even notice artifacts, which is the main reason why people actually stress test in the first place.

Intel i5 4690K@4.4Ghz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | EVGA GTX1070 FTW replaced by a MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB 1866Mhz | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho | NZXT S340
Jerry_EvGA
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 08:58:38 (permalink)
Hey guys,

i own a 1070 SC for 3 weeks, and I`m quiet fine with it.
No im really satisfied, no issues so far.
I`m confused right now. The Bios Update with the "issues" of Memory Overclocking, i didnt installed, yet, even bacause i never needed to overclock my memory.
And now the next update:
For me, i didnt had temp issues so far. The fans turns on at approx 60°C, thats fine. But thats what evga announced. Fans rotates to low and Card will run at some games at 70°C constant.
Mostly i change the % of Fanspeed by myself and keep the card at 60°C.
Is it necessary for me, who dont have issues right now, so update and order the thermal pad?
Or must i install the bios update?
Im runnig fine with my card.
post edited by Jerry_EvGA - 2016/11/02 09:01:18
brokencross
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 09:02:10 (permalink)
Jerry_EvGA
Hey guys,

I`m confused right now. The Bios Update with the "issues" of Memory Overclocking, i didnt installed, yet, even bacause i never needed to overclock my memory.
And now the next update:
For me, i didnt had temp issues so far. The fans turns on at approx 60°C, thats fine. Mostly i change the % of Fanspeed by myself and keep the card at 60°C.
Is it necessary for me, who dont have issues right now, so update and order the thermal pad?

You'll probably be fine even without doing anything. But I'd recommend you to set the fan curve on Aggressive in Precision until the newest BIOS update is posted.
Plus, if you're okay with opening your card, I'd install the thermal pads if I were you. 
Just for extra peace of mind.

GFAFS
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 09:03:26 (permalink)
Jerry_EvGA
Hey guys,

And now the next update:
For me, i didnt had temp issues so far. The fans turns on at approx 60°C, thats fine. But thats what evga announced. Fans rotates to low and Card will run at some games at 70°C constant.

Wait for an Official answer
brokencross
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080/1070 PWM Operating Temperature Update 2016/11/02 09:05:08 (permalink)
GFAFS
Jerry_EvGA
Hey guys,

And now the next update:

Wait for an Official answer

It's been answered a billion times. It's on the official EVGA statement.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 76
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile