Author
ValkyrieStar
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2016/05/11 17:56:48 (permalink)
Introduction
Some of you may have read a few of my posts, in particular those about my lack of success running my memory at its 3200 XMP Profile. Recently I've been modifying BIOS's to add support for NVMe booting and other Samsung SSDs to be bootable. Out of curiosity, I updated the CPU MicroCode in the BIOS for my X99 Micro 2 in attempt to get C-States stable while overclocking, unfortunately it didn't help - it did however change another thing - I can now run my 3200 XMP Profile! So here's my updated versions of the BIOS's for EVGAs X99 series boards.

Release Version 1
 • Downloads
 • Updated Haswell-E MicroCode (revision 37).
    - Improved Memory Compatibility

Release Version 2
 • Downloads
 • Updated Broadwell-E MicroCode (revision 19).
    - Preliminary Broadwell-E Support

Release Version 3
 • Downloads
 • Updated Intel Management Engine Firmware (version 9.1.37.1002).
    - Broadwell-E Support (untested as of 20-May-2016)
    - Might Break BLCK Overclocking

Disclaimer
I cannot be held responsible for your actions! I provide these files for you to try and use AT YOUR OWN RISK.
post edited by ValkyrieStar - 2016/05/20 03:46:25

30 Replies Related Threads

V84x4
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 282
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/11 18:16:19 (permalink)
    WOW thank you very much.........and congrats on running your ram @ 3200
    you must be some very smart person 

However I will not attempt this until I see and hear from others (Based on your disclaimer)
    I am hoping evga Tech support will test your files and maybe make them a "Sticky"

I am not having a problem as far as I can tell
    I am able to achieve 3200 stable and have ran tests to make sure I was getting a true 3200

But again I thank you for your support and efforts for the Micro 2 issues

I am happy to be able to learn from this community

Best Regards, Rick

post edited by V84x4 - 2016/05/11 18:19:39

Computer Specs:
    Lilan Li 011D Bitspower DISTRO,  MSI 570 Carbon Pro MB, AMD 3900X @ 3.8ghz, Bitspower Water Loop,
    TRIDENT Z 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200,  evga 2080 Super, EK waterblock
     980 PRO M.2 1TB ,evga 1000w G3 psu, LG GSYNC 4KK Curved 32 inch, Windows 10 64bit 

ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/11 18:30:20 (permalink)
    V84x4
    WOW thank you very much.........
    you must be some very smart person 

However I will not attempt this until I see and hear from others (Based on your disclaimer)
    I am hoping evga Tech support will test your files and maybe make them a "Sticky"

I am not having a problem as far as I can tell
    I am able to achieve 3200 stable and have ran tests to make sure I was getting a true 3200

But again I thank you for your support and efforts for the Micro 2 issues

I am happy to be able to learn from this community

Best Regards, Rick

Haha thanks! I've been modding away at other BIOSes too, over at LTT Forum i've a thread about adding boot support for NVMe and Samsung M.2 SSDs into bioses too.
    If you're already at 3200 with no issues, then there's probably not much of a reason to try this. It's mainly for those with having problems with memory.

Hopefully EVGA will take this onboard and perhaps incorporate the latest microcode into their new bioses.

Things that could be updated by EVGA:
    -MicroCode
    -ME Firmware
    -RAID/Sata OpROMs
    -Ethernet PXE/OpROMs

I see no reason why they shouldn't be updated. All 4 of those things are provided by Intel, so it can't make anything worse, so why not?
    I'll look into trying to find out how to update those myself in the meantime though.

eckertt001
    • Total Posts : 39
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/12 02:01:10 (permalink)
    Appreciate the work put into this.  I though was unable to set my memory to 3200, still received blue screens.  This was using either M.2 compatibility on or off.

Are their other specific settings you used?

Intel Core i9-9900k
    ASUS Z390-I
    eVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200MHz CL16
    SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 NVMe 1GB
    SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 NVMe 512GB
    Corsair HX850i
    Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair Crystal 280x
    ypsylon
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 527
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/12 02:06:39 (permalink)
    OK, now that's what I call a constructive input.

Well done sir. Now if you could help with RAID controllers compatibility (EVGA so far ignored this problem despite repeated problems) I would be eternally grateful. :)
    SuperConker
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 270
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/12 03:32:45 (permalink)
    This might be because the new CPU MicroCode adds support for Broadwell-E CPU's
    (Broadwell-E supports DDR4 at 2400 Mhz instead of 2133 Mhz on Haswell-E, a difference of 267 mhz).

With 267 extra Mhz to work with, it should be possible to use RAM modules with speeds of up to 2933 mhz,
    without any issues (and possibly higher speeds).

With Haswell-E, DDR4 speeds higher than 2666 Mhz was a problem.
    post edited by SuperConker - 2016/05/12 03:37:17

ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/12 07:37:59 (permalink)
    SuperConker
    This might be because the new CPU MicroCode adds support for Broadwell-E CPU's
    (Broadwell-E supports DDR4 at 2400 Mhz instead of 2133 Mhz on Haswell-E, a difference of 267 mhz).

With 267 extra Mhz to work with, it should be possible to use RAM modules with speeds of up to 2933 mhz,
    without any issues (and possibly higher speeds).

With Haswell-E, DDR4 speeds higher than 2666 Mhz was a problem.

The CPU microcode is specific to haswell e only right now, there are broadwell e microcodes out, but ill let evga sort that themselves, i have no means to test any btoadwell chip.

ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/12 07:39:59 (permalink)
    ypsylon
    OK, now that's what I call a constructive input.

Well done sir. Now if you could help with RAID controllers compatibility (EVGA so far ignored this problem despite repeated problems) I would be eternally grateful. :)

Whag in particular is the problem with the raid controllers?
    No boot support or not detecting at all?

I doubt id be able to do much in the way of this but i can look into it.
    I have no raid controllers to test either

ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/12 07:44:21 (permalink)
    eckertt001
    Appreciate the work put into this.  I though was unable to set my memory to 3200, still received blue screens.  This was using either M.2 compatibility on or off.

There was no other specific setting that i used.
    I just flashed the bios, and put in all my normal config values, except this time i enabled xmp profile 1, which previously boot looped, and it worked.

What memory kit are you using? My kit is Corsair LPX 3200 C16 (4x8GB).

ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/12 12:39:41 (permalink)
    Update
    I have managed to get Broadwell-E microcode into the BIOS!
    This should allow Broadwell-E cpus to be supported!

I have updated links in the main post to point to the updated files.

Disclaimer
    I cannot be held responsible for your actions! I provide these files for you to try and use AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    post edited by ValkyrieStar - 2016/05/12 19:30:10

arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6916
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/12 20:18:24 (permalink)
    It's kinda funny that you release Broadwell-E compatibility before EVGA did.

Funny as in a sad way, for EVGA.
    ypsylon
    SSC Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/12 23:44:40 (permalink)
    ValkyrieStar

Problem with some Adaptec/PMC/Microsemi (why they can't stick to one name, darn corporations) controllers is that kernel does not initialize properly. To illustrate problem:

Top picture shows card which cannot initialize at all. It tries to load kernel 3 times and then hangs everything.

Bottom picture shows (semi-)properly initialized card. EVGA Classified detected my 71605 controller (16 ports) as 7805 (8 ports). Ignore the stuff below SAS WWN as it was just card alone without any drives connected to it (last thing I needed was to risk array damage with constant restarts). Now I know that this problem persist all across the X99 boards. 8 series works like a charm, but still 7 series 16 port card cost equivalent of about 1000$ (at least it did when I got it 2 years before first X99 hit the shelves). It's not PCI USB controller which cost 5$ and you can throw it away if it doesn't work. One thing straight. Controller works flawlessly in any board as long as it's not X99.

In odd way when controller is plugged (doesn't matter slot or bus generation as I've tested any mathematical possibility available) board emits long loud beep, long before POST beeps. From what I remember it happens at code 32 - can't afford now to run test again and I think there is some thread or post about it somewhere on the forum when precisely. Wasted many months last year on this without any results and sadly EVGA support never actually materialized any compatibility fix.

ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/13 00:19:48 (permalink)
    ypsylon
    ValkyrieStar

Problem with some Adaptec/PMC/Microsemi (why they can't stick to one name, darn corporations) controllers is that kernel does not initialize properly. To illustrate problem:

Top picture shows card which cannot initialize at all. It tries to load kernel 3 times and then hangs everything.

Bottom picture shows (semi-)properly initialized card. EVGA Classified detected my 71605 controller (16 ports) as 7805 (8 ports). Ignore the stuff below SAS WWN as it was just card alone without any drives connected to it (last thing I needed was to risk array damage with constant restarts). Now I know that this problem persist all across the X99 boards. 8 series works like a charm, but still 7 series 16 port card cost equivalent of about 1000$ (at least it did when I got it 2 years before first X99 hit the shelves). It's not PCI USB controller which cost 5$ and you can throw it away if it doesn't work. One thing straight. Controller works flawlessly in any board as long as it's not X99.

In odd way when controller is plugged (doesn't matter slot or bus generation as I've tested any mathematical possibility available) board emits long loud beep, long before POST beeps. From what I remember it happens at code 32 - can't afford now to run test again and I think there is some thread or post about it somewhere on the forum when precisely. Wasted many months last year on this without any results and sadly EVGA support never actually materialized any compatibility fix.

I just had a check on their site and a search found this;
    http://ask.adaptec.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15365/~/error-message%3A-controller-kernel-stopped-running

One of the causes can be motherboard incompatibility. And they recommend updating the firmware of the Controller itself.
    I found some Firmware downloads for your model here; latest version is listed as a 11th May 2016 release date, 2 days ago! Perhaps that will help.
    http://storage.microsemi.com/en-us/speed/raid/asr/fw_bios/71605_fw_b32106_zip.php

As always with firmware updates and such, back up everything you can. In case of any catastrophic failure.

Can you list everything you've tried doing to make it work?

eckertt001
    • Total Posts : 39
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/13 01:05:49 (permalink)
    ValkyrieStar
    eckertt001

I just flashed the bios, and put in all my normal config values, except this time i enabled xmp profile 1, which previously boot looped, and it worked.

G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB DDR4 3200

I did the same thing (XMP Profile 1), but it blue screens on boot up.  I did not run into boot loops on prior firmware(s).  Voltage (1.35) and everything else adjusts accordingly, so that should be good.  I turned Compatibility both on and off.

But otherwise not a big deal, and I'll keep messing with it.

Again though thanks for putting the effort into this!

Intel Core i9-9900k
    ASUS Z390-I
    eVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200MHz CL16
    SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 NVMe 1GB
    SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 NVMe 512GB
    Corsair HX850i
    Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair Crystal 280x
    ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/13 01:39:07 (permalink)
    eckertt001
    ValkyrieStar
    eckertt001

G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB DDR4 3200

I did the same thing (XMP Profile 1), but it blue screens on boot up.  I did not run into boot loops on prior firmware(s).  Voltage (1.35) and everything else adjusts accordingly, so that should be good.  I turned Compatibility both on and off.

But otherwise not a big deal, and I'll keep messing with it.

Again though thanks for putting the effort into this!

Was your memory able to run on XMP #1 on the original bios?

Try bumping up the VCCIO voltage, its hidden away in Advanced -> HW Monitoring -> VCCIO voltage.

Its default value should be 1.05v, you can try up to 1.25v but more than that probably wont help much.

Oddly even though it doesnt show in the BIOS, XMP profiles also adjust the VCCSA offset on the main overclocking page. You can check the offset in HWMonitor from in windows. My XMP profile was bumping that to a +0.400v offset according to HWMonitor.

If you manage to get into windows and its showing a high offset like 500, then its getting close to the point where you might actually need to change Vin to 1.9v instead of the default 1.8v.

ypsylon
    SSC Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/13 01:41:28 (permalink)
    ValkyrieStar

http://ask.adaptec.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15365/~/error-message%3A-controller-kernel-stopped-running

One of the causes can be motherboard incompatibility. And they recommend updating the firmware of the Controller itself.
    I found some Firmware downloads for your model here; latest version is listed as a 11th May 2016 release date, 2 days ago! Perhaps that will help.
    http://storage.microsemi.com/en-us/speed/raid/asr/fw_bios/71605_fw_b32106_zip.php

As always with firmware updates and such, back up everything you can. In case of any catastrophic failure.

Uhh that's new. Last update was July last year. Anyway not holding my breath for that either. I went through every firmware revision. I got some experimental builds from Adaptec support to provide feedback and nothing changed.  Thanks for the heads up on that. Will test, but not expecting nothing spectacular. For now enjoying finally working main rig which was supposedly to be finished before 1st May, but with so much bad luck and obstacles I hit with this refit I think Friday 13th is lucky day actually.

List of things I've done:

- tested every firmware including experimental (either from EVGA or Adaptec),
    - tested every slot configuration,
    - tested every slot with server grade powered riser just in case card power delivery was incompatible with board,
    - tested with full RAID expose RAW mode, hidden RAW, HBA, and Auto Volume
    - tested with card BIOS disabled
    - used 3 VGAs to remove conflict with VGA from equation (8800 GTS, GTX580 and 970)
    - disabled unused slots with DIP switch
    - tested with Turbo troubleshooter enabled

Out of couple hundreds of attempts to make it work, controller was detected properly once (! - the day when I recorded a movie for Jacob and tech guys to see, but after restart it was back in Dead mode), about 6-8 times as either 7805 & 7805E and hundreds without life at all. Classy UEFI detected controller (Advanced tab) only once (to use new HII function instead legacy Ctrl+A which is standard for last 30 years since first Adaptec SCSI controllers). If I set BIOS>StorageROM to UEFI I cannot boot the system - just blank screen at some stage - but I'm not fan of UEFI management anyway. With classic mode I can see if anything is wrong. With UEFI I cannot. Classy offers no POST verbose, just logo or black screen. It's fine for gamers not for workstations.

In the end I just obtained 8405 + expander and it works, but I will gladly trade 8405 for 71605 for additional 12 ports. 8 series use different kernel that 7 series. 
    ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/13 09:37:08 (permalink)
    ypsylon
    ValkyrieStar

Uhh that's new. Last update was July last year. Anyway not holding my breath for that either. I went through every firmware revision. I got some experimental builds from Adaptec support to provide feedback and nothing changed.  Thanks for the heads up on that. Will test, but not expecting nothing spectacular. For now enjoying finally working main rig which was supposedly to be finished before 1st May, but with so much bad luck and obstacles I hit with this refit I think Friday 13th is lucky day actually.

List of things I've done:

- tested every firmware including experimental (either from EVGA or Adaptec),
    - tested every slot configuration,
    - tested every slot with server grade powered riser just in case card power delivery was incompatible with board,
    - tested with full RAID expose RAW mode, hidden RAW, HBA, and Auto Volume
    - tested with card BIOS disabled
    - used 3 VGAs to remove conflict with VGA from equation (8800 GTS, GTX580 and 970)
    - disabled unused slots with DIP switch
    - tested with Turbo troubleshooter enabled

Out of couple hundreds of attempts to make it work, controller was detected properly once (! - the day when I recorded a movie for Jacob and tech guys to see, but after restart it was back in Dead mode), about 6-8 times as either 7805 & 7805E and hundreds without life at all. Classy UEFI detected controller (Advanced tab) only once (to use new HII function instead legacy Ctrl+A which is standard for last 30 years since first Adaptec SCSI controllers). If I set BIOS>StorageROM to UEFI I cannot boot the system - just blank screen at some stage - but I'm not fan of UEFI management anyway. With classic mode I can see if anything is wrong. With UEFI I cannot. Classy offers no POST verbose, just logo or black screen. It's fine for gamers not for workstations.

In the end I just obtained 8405 + expander and it works, but I will gladly trade 8405 for 71605 for additional 12 ports. 8 series use different kernel that 7 series. 

It's possible a few things could be wrong.
    - Either just somehow the firmware is still not compatible with X99
    - Missing/old out of date modules in CSM part of the bios.
    - Combination of both.

I have no way to modify actual working code of the bios, I can only extract/replace and modify certain modules and even then sometimes it doesnt work.
    I managed to get Intel ME Firmware updated, but upon testing, it seems that the actual working code needs to be modified, as BLCK changes no longer do anything, it just sits at its slightly odd 99.77 default no matter what I set. Even XTU refused to actually do anything with BLCK either.

If someone can provide me proper tools to look into the working code, please do.

ypsylon
    SSC Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/13 23:43:00 (permalink)
    ValkyrieStar

- Combination of both.

I have no way to modify actual working code of the bios, I can only extract/replace and modify certain modules and even then sometimes it doesnt work.
    I managed to get Intel ME Firmware updated, but upon testing, it seems that the actual working code needs to be modified, as BLCK changes no longer do anything, it just sits at its slightly odd 99.77 default no matter what I set. Even XTU refused to actually do anything with BLCK either.

If someone can provide me proper tools to look into the working code, please do.

Yeah, expected that it won't be easy for you. Still if you can do it yourself with proper tools, so should big corporation don't you think? With stacks of tech guys it's probably a week of work at most.
    Thanks for the input anyway. 

ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/15 04:23:16 (permalink)
    ypsylon
    ValkyrieStar

- Combination of both.

Yeah, expected that it won't be easy for you. Still if you can do it yourself with proper tools, so should big corporation don't you think? With stacks of tech guys it's probably a week of work at most.
    Thanks for the input anyway. 

Would you happen to know of any boards where this card does definitely work?

Edit; I've just read that the 7 series of cards, and likely below, is not compatible with X99 series. It's not known why, but simply the firmware on the card still does not support it.

I'll actually quote your post here;
    http://www.overclock.net/...99-sata3#post_24923855
    I'm interested as to whether the cards work with platforms like Z97 and maybe Z170.
    Though the lack of PCIe 3.0 lanes will probably put most people off trying that on a Z97.

So those of you out there looking to buy a raid card for their X99 system, get an 8 series Adaptec card, as the previous generations of cards are not compatible.
    post edited by ValkyrieStar - 2016/05/15 04:49:45

arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/15 11:08:59 (permalink)
    Ypsilon and I were the folks verifying compatibility, or the lack thereof, for Adaptec cards Valkyriestar.
    ypsylon
    SSC Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/15 23:32:32 (permalink)
    Older Adaptec cards work (mostly). By now ancient 2, 3 and 5 series work without a hitch (own&tested). 6 works for some (me) and not others (arestavo). 7 just refuses outright to work and I know I'm not the only guy with this problem and 99 board (any vendor). I know that LSI cards work on 99 much better, but I know Adaptec cards and software backwards, I've seen LSI software and there is literally nil chance of me switching (like I said it's not 5$ AIC).

It seems that level of incompatibility grows with advancement of UEFI. Adaptec or any other manufacturer does not and will not provide ANY support on X99 chipset - only C6xx are supported. To some extent I'm trying to move away from RAID per se, using now controller mostly as HBA for drive pools. While it's not cheap solution 1GB of cache provide nice bonus over any standard HBA without cache. Still it would be nice to work after you spend bags of cash on it right? Especially when it work flawlessly on all pre-99 chipsets including n680i, darn it! Until 99 chipset I never contacted Adaptec support, I never had any problems. Not once, from my first Fast SCSI AHA-1542 card up to when I switched to 99.
    ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/20 03:22:58 (permalink)
    Update!
    This time i have updated the Intel Management Engine Firmware, perhaps this new version helps with compatibility of Broadwell-E chips, as someone PM'd me about an E5-2650 v4 not working.

Tested on my X99 Micro 2.
    -BLCK changes sometimes didn't work!
    -No other problems/instabilities were found.

If you have a Broadwell-E CPU please try this out and post back results, i'm very interested to try and get Broadwell-E CPUs working, as of now, i class Broadwell-E support as untested, meaning it may or may not work.

If you're not attempting to use Broadwell-E, yet are having trouble with memory compatibility (mainly corsair kits), then i recommend you try v1. This is tested and full working/stable, helped my 5820K + Micro 2 run my Corsair LPX at its 3200 Profile - it wouldnt even run 2666 before.

I have updated the links in the main post. 

Enjoy.

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/20 12:01:53 (permalink)
    Will this non-EVGA Bios Void the Warranty?

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/20 12:26:15 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    Will this non-EVGA Bios Void the Warranty?

I am unsure, it's possible that it might. For FTW/Classified users this isn't so much of an issue since you have dual/triple bioses, however the micro/micro2 don't have that feature so it's a little more risky.

My guess is if you broke something while using a non-official bios, then that would not be covered by warranty, however if you had used one in the past, but were currently using an official one at the time of something breaking, and the reason isn't something to do with BIOSes, then I guess it'd be still covered by warranty.

I was using the stock official 1.03 bios, and my board appears to have had some kind of power failure. It's very rare for a board to not even attempt to post unless something is catastrophically wrong. I'm thinking it is some kind of power failure as my board did report some wierd voltages at one point yesterday after a couple of hangs on attempting to boot.

arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/20 13:39:53 (permalink)
    As long as you re-flash a stock BIOS when you RMA, you are covered.

If you send it back with a modified BIOS and EVGA catches it, then your warranty is void.

If you own the X99 Classified, put it on the removable BIOS chip and you won't have anything to worry about.
    ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/05/23 23:17:50 (permalink)
    I'll be sending my board off for RMA shortly, went through the usual with tech support, check cables all that, already did it but tried again anyhow, still nothing.

Once it's out the system, im going to try powering it up with no CPU/RAM/GPU to see what happens, i still think somethings failed :/

Also decided i'm tearing the watercooling out of this build, now i just need to find a good quiet air cooler, noctua ones are annoyingly out of the question with them overhanging the GPU slot. I'll do a build log of this rebuild probably.

SemTeX-67
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/10/09 14:05:27 (permalink)
    A i7-6800k do not run with your v3-BIOS.
    No Boot and Post 61 ... 66.

Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" Retina (Early 2015) | 16GB DDR3-1866 | PCIe-SSD 256GB
    Workstation: Intel Core i7-6800K | EVGA X99 Micro2 | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FE | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Cougar CMD 600 | LG 34UM95-P | PHANTEKS Evolv mATX
    Heimnetz: Sophos UTM 425 | HP ProCurve 1810G-24 | Synology RT1900ac | Synology DS1815+ | APC Smart-UPS 750 RM + AP9617 Network Management Card

arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/10/09 14:08:20 (permalink)
    No need to use his modded BIOS as official support has been released.
    ValkyrieStar
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/10/11 13:17:46 (permalink)
    SemTeX-67
    A i7-6800k do not run with your v3-BIOS.
    No Boot and Post 61 ... 66.

arestavo
    No need to use his modded BIOS as official support has been released.

True, as stated support is included officially.

I have updated the microcode of the current bios though (both haswell-e and broadwell-e), which i may update this thread to include (it might help with memory compatibility a little).
    I'm having no end of difficulties with pcie device compatibility, mainly with wifi cards using broadcom chipset (intel ones work flawlessly...). Wish i knew how to fix that lol...

Iceman2733
    • Total Posts : 78
    Re: Unofficial X99 BIOS Update 2016/10/28 05:38:01 (permalink)
    Man I literally just order the X99 Classified board yesterday directly from evga and overlooked making sure it can boot from a M.2 NVME drive..... GRRRRRRR   Also this motherboard lacks quite a bit of memory support looks like this package will be getting refused. The asus z170 board I am coming from has over 4 pages of nothing but memory supported list this poor thing has 2.  For a modern motherboard listed as one of the best x99 board I was stupid to assume it had the same features/functions of most of the Asus/MSI boards.  

Intel i9 9900k @ 5.2
    G. Skill 3600
    EVGA z390 DARK
    Asus Strix OC 2080Ti
    EVGA 1300 G2
    Samsung 960PRO M.2 NVME
    Samsung 850 SSD
    WD 1TB Black
    Caselabs SMA8 Fully Watercooled
    Asus PG279QZ
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: