EVGA

Trying to understand

Author
Ambro789
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/11/26 07:56:18 (permalink)
First, I have a beast type computer.  You all know, OS on a PCIe ssd, X99 Deluxe with i7-5930k, 32 gig G.Skill memory, Asus Swift Monitor,  and so on.  Ok so here is the deal.

To go with all this I originally purchased 2 GTX 980s, G1 Gaming Gigabyte Windforce.  Of course I can peg most any game at 144 Hz.  I play all the normal stuff, WoW, D3, EOS, Witcher, BF4, GTA V, Project Cars.  There is no reason to run 144 Hz in any game except BF4  KDR and all.  Other games I peg monitor at 60 Hz.  These cards love to heat up, well the top does.  WoW pushes the 2 the most for some reason.  Top one gets to 74 C which I hate.  What happens is heat rises from under my desk and makes my butt sweat.  Funny, but true.  After real intense gaming I really get up sweating from head to toe.
So, I purchased a new EVGA 980 Ti Hybird.  It never goes above 45 C and the chip fan does not even turn on for the most part, slowest speed at all times.

Here is my question:  I lost about 40 fps in WoW and about the same in the rest of my games.  No big deal with the g-sync Asus.  Geforce experience turns the graphics on the Hybird higher than I had running SLI.  Why in the world does it do that?  Seems like 2 cards could out perform the one Hybird.  Love the fact my butt does not sweat anymore.  I guess what I have read is true?  SLI really does not run that well?  Part of all this is I cannot decide if I should leave well enough alone or buy this card a brother (2nd Hybird for SLI).

As always, I am very happy with EVGA which was another reason I sold the Gigabytes.

1 Reply Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Trying to understand 2015/11/26 11:52:26 (permalink)
    Going from two cards to one will decrease your fps. Don't use GFE to optimize your games.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile