EVGA

Total confusion with warranty terms

Author
vertebral
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/09/16 22:00:47 (permalink)
Hi all, I've looked thru the forum, and I am still struggling with two of the evga terms
I just bought an gtx 780 FTW from newegg

Limited lifetime warranty vs. Extended Warranty...
from what I've gathered so far is that you must register 30 days within purchase in order to have a chance to buy extended warranty, which is like $60 for 10 years
there's also a section saying "Limited Lifetime Warranties are available to the original owner on applicable parts if registered by the original owner within 30 days of the date of purchase."

so in my situation, after I registered my video card, am I entitled to have limited warranty forever?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Related Threads

EVGATech_MattM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2245
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Total confusion with warranty terms 2014/09/16 22:44:13 (permalink)
    I appologzie for any confusion and limited lifetime warranties is only for products with part number suffixes -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX and they would only receive the limited lifetime warranty if they are registered within the first 30 days of purhcase by the original owner. For your card with the -KR part number suffix it would come with a default 3 year warranty and if it is registered within the first 90 days of purhcase you can purhcase an Extended Warranty. Unfornatualy purchasing a warranty extension to a limited lifetime is not an option and the longest extension available to be purchased is 10 years.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile