Author
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2014/05/18 04:30:49 (permalink)
http://www.vincelewis.net/unsoldcars.html

In the past several years, one of the topics covered in detail on these pages has been the surge in such gimmicks designed to disguise lack of demand and end customer sales, used extensively by US automotive manufacturers, better known as "channel stuffing", of which General Motors is particularly guilty and whose inventory at dealer lots just hit a new record high. But did you know that when it comes to flat or declining sales and stagnant end demand, channel stuffing is merely the beginning?

No other way to put it but basically this is a new car cemetery. See all of the major car manufactures here in the United States are producing cars at a very high rate and a lot of cars tens of thousands or maybe millions are going unsold. So all these cars are having to take up real estate to park these unused brand new cars creating these color collages as you can see above. So no body wants these cars and wants to buy them because the average American family owns between 1-3 cars. But they keep on producing them and the federal government keeps bailing out the likes of GM and these other types of companies because again its about the structural insolvency of the United States. They cant let it fail so they rather mass manufacture cars even though there is no demand and just let them rot and die in these "graveyards." See in today's economy most American families dont have $20,000-$50,000 to buy a brand new car right off the lot. So now the average American clings or keeps their car for 10 years or sometimes even longer.

Whats even more surprising is that according to this article there are more cars in these graveyard lots than there are people on this planet. So obviously again there is no demand so the supply is in excess to continue the ponzi scheme here in America so people can keep their jobs and we can create more waste of scrap metal crap. So what pisses me off is that this ponzi scheme American runs has to keep manufactures afloat with bail outs like GM for example in 2008, and so well let the bond holders fail and well let all the retirees go broke but well bail out the company itself so they can put more cars on these graveyard lots. So here we have a system that is totally rotten to the core and we just have brand new scrap metal of cars being manufactured on a massive scale for no reason.

12 Replies Related Threads

outlawii
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 815
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: The Biggest Lot Of Where Unsold Cars Go To Die 2014/05/18 06:24:20 (permalink)
    Nice find HAzman!!

Intel 9900K @ 5.0 EK Supremacy Clean Water block
    Gigabyte Aurous Master
    G-skill DDR4 3600 32 gig
    Evga 2080 EK Waterblock
    Evga SuperNova 750
    Lian Li PC 011

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: The Biggest Lot Of Where Unsold Cars Go To Die 2014/05/18 06:46:46 (permalink)
    The only thing I see is new cars sitting while waiting to be shipped off to the dealers. These unsold new car grave yards do not exist. I live next to two car factories, one is a Ford which builds the F-150 and the other is GM which builds the Malibu. Both vehicles are high volume sellers for each company. I can take pictures like these any day of the week. The vehicles do not simple go right off the assembly line right to the transport taking them to the dealer lots. Matter of fact, Ford builds so many F-150 trucks that they rent parking space at a local Mall to park these trucks.
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: The Biggest Lot Of Where Unsold Cars Go To Die 2014/05/18 07:12:08 (permalink)
    kram36
    The only thing I see is new cars sitting while waiting to be shipped off to the dealers. These unsold new car grave yards do not exist. I live next to two car factories, one is a Ford which builds the F-150 and the other is GM which builds the Malibu. Both vehicles are high volume sellers for each company. I can take pictures like these any day of the week. The vehicles do not simple go right off the assembly line right to the transport taking them to the dealer lots. Matter of fact, Ford builds so many F-150 trucks that they rent parking space at a local Mall to park these trucks.

I hope your not serious. You got to be delusional. Maybe they dont exist where your located but they sure of hell do exist. And of course cars dont go straight to the dealer once they are finished being assembled. The dealer has to request inventory first before getting them.  Also whats contributing to the pile up of these "graveyards" is dealers not requesting inventory. Many dealers are just overstocked with cars already in their lots. Of course the main reason for this is the average American cant afford to buy a new car. Despite Americans, people in other countries cant afford to purchase new cars either. In today's world peoples pay checks are getting smaller or their pay could be the same as before but not increasing to keep of with inflation of prices. Now you are right on the last part. Ford does create so many F-150 trucks and another fact is that the Ford F-150 is best and most selling vehicle in America of all time. I seen auto manufacturers rent out old parking lots of stadiums to park their overstock inventory of cars. Like I said above this is all taking a crap ton of real-estate. 

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Biggest Lot Of Where Unsold Cars Go To Die 2014/05/18 07:27:45 (permalink)
    You have zero proof of any of these so called " new car graveyards" even exist. They do not and like I said these pictures of new cars are waiting to be transported. Some of these pictures you can not make out if the cars are new or used. The person that wrote the page you linked typed this
    "UPDATE: Currently May 16th, 2014, all of these cars at the Nissan Sunderland test track have disappeared? Now I don't believe they have all suddenly been sold.  I would guess they may have been taken away and recycled to make room for the next vast production run."
    They were put on a transporter to go to the dealership. Some people just live to stir the the pot.
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: The Biggest Lot Of Where Unsold Cars Go To Die 2014/05/18 08:09:33 (permalink)
    kram36
    You have zero proof of any of these so called " new car graveyards" even exist. They do not and like I said these pictures of new cars are waiting to be transported. Some of these pictures you can not make out if the cars are new or used. The person that wrote the page you linked typed this
    "UPDATE: Currently May 16th, 2014, all of these cars at the Nissan Sunderland test track have disappeared? Now I don't believe they have all suddenly been sold.  I would guess they may have been taken away and recycled to make room for the next vast production run."
    They were put on a transporter to go to the dealership. Some people just live to stir the the pot.

Really dude are you still serious? Hey you dont have proof that they dont exist so no point of you mentioning proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Also like the article says in your post, they probably did disappear to be crushed and make room for the next batch of scrap metal to sit at that track. Now I am sure that we all cant deny that cars are being manufactured at a MASSIVE scale. With that said where the hell are we going to put them all? And what makes the MASSIVE scale of production even more MASSIVE is that each brand makes a specific model with specific package deals. So that really bumps up that factor of variety of cars being manufactured on a MASSIVE scale. Anyways that track is just one place that cars are now gone in which does not indicate that the rest of these graveyards dont exist. Also now read what he said again. He said that those cars have disappeared which means that they did exist in the first place before they were gone. Like I said not all the cars go to dealers because dealers are already packed with inventory of cars. So in the meantime these cars have to have some place to sit right. And we both mentioned examples that some manufactures rent mall parking spots or stadiums to put cars at BUT there are times that those spots are filled too or no longer can be used or rented. So where else would they decided to put them? Now I know an owner at one of my Automax Ford dealerships in my town and he told me that once he receives his brand new cars which we will say 2015s for a specific brand and model, those new cars only stay on the lot for two years at MAX. After that, he has to update the lot with newer models of a specific brands which in this case for this example would be 2017s. Now what do you think he does with all the previous years of new cars that he does not sell? They obliviously have to be moved some where else and in this case into places such as these graveyard parking lots. So again dont be delusional about them not existing.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Biggest Lot Of Where Unsold Cars Go To Die 2014/05/18 08:26:54 (permalink)
    You are one funny dude. I don't know why I try to put some common sense into your threads. I should have went along with your shenanigans and drove a couple blocks down the road, took a picture of the Ford F-150's in the Mall parking lot and posted it as a new truck graveyard. Then you would say it's the best selling vehicle in America. How about the picture on your source page of Honda Accords?

One of the best selling cars in the world.

Slimshiesty
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2933
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: The Biggest Lot Of Where Unsold Cars Go To Die 2014/05/18 08:35:09 (permalink)
    Seems to me that every car manufacturer that practiced these techniques, would be bailed out by the government every year.
    Also it would seem if this was really going on that someone within one of these companies, that had retired or moved on, that might possibly have information regarding this....
    Would have blown the whistle years ago.

So as we sit, all of this is hearsay.
    All based on what someone "guesses" happened to these cars when they disappeared.

Yep.. definitely some type of conspiracy.

My theory is....
    Manufacturers have to contract out to shipping companies,(Who also get paid hourly, as well as by mile) to transport these vehicles.
    It all has to be coordinated pretty precisely as time is money.

These "Graveyard Cars" are loaded up and transported to New Car dealers throughout the U.S. ,  and/or transported to Rental Car companies, Business's that use fleet cars..   I.E. State government vehicles and the likes.
    And transported to Overseas Transport companies to go to other countries... as some cars/trucks are still exported.

Some conspiracy theories are great.... For the story.

So thanks for the story.. good short read !

Going to edit this a little...
    So the guy who wrote this article/web page, Is an Author.
    Yet states at the bottom of the page that it is not correlated to his book, that he is asking people to check out.
    Just to be straight.. the book is based on conspiracy theories...
    Wow.. build a little interest in something by creating a new conspiracy.
    post edited by Slimshiesty - 2014/05/18 09:09:16

CPU  Intel i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz 
    MB   MSI Z170A Gaming 7
    GPU  EVGA GTX 1070ti FTW2
    MEM Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000 2X8GB
    PSU  EVGA Supernova 850 G2
    CASE Thermaltake View 31 TG

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: The Biggest Lot Of Where Unsold Cars Go To Die 2014/05/18 09:02:52 (permalink)
    kram36
    You are one funny dude. I don't know why I try to put some common sense into your threads. I should have went along with your shenanigans and drove a couple blocks down the road, took a picture of the Ford F-150's in the Mall parking lot and posted it as a new truck graveyard. Then you would say it's the best selling vehicle in America. How about the picture on your source page of Honda Accords?

One of the best selling cars in the world.

Your common scene most of the time is more like face palm derp.  And yes the Ford F-150 is the best selling vehicle in America look it up nit.  I am not saying best selling vehicle in America of yearly sales. I am talking about of all time in America. And in fact the Ford F-series is the best selling pick up truck in the world. Also what about Honda Accords? Whats the relevance of it with me and you debating that these grave yards exist? If you want THE best selling car in the world it would be the Toyota Corolla with 40 million units sold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_automobiles

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: The Biggest Lot Of Where Unsold Cars Go To Die 2014/05/18 09:12:34 (permalink)
    I think you guys should "Just don't" because "I can't even".

You guys are both right and wrong, So shut up... None of you are behind any of this, So you guys sure as hell don't know what you guys are talking about... You're arguing over what you think and what you're told.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: The Biggest Lot Of Where Unsold Cars Go To Die 2014/05/18 09:22:49 (permalink)
    OK everyone, this thread is not going in the direction it should be going and we'll have to lock it if the attitudes continue to run rampant.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Biggest Lot Of Where Unsold Cars Go To Die 2014/05/18 09:46:45 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    I think you guys should "Just don't" because "I can't even".

You guys are both right and wrong, So shut up... None of you are behind any of this, So you guys sure as hell don't know what you guys are talking about... You're arguing over what you think and what you're told.

Wow that was a brilliant post. Now you shut up.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: The Biggest Lot Of Where Unsold Cars Go To Die 2014/05/18 10:21:23 (permalink)
    This thread is now locked!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile