Thanks for offering the Step-Up

Author
mightygru
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 278
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/06/11 08:50:14 (permalink)
  I think its a great program.  I waited until april to pick up a 980ftw to replace a pair of 660ti's.  I was watching the news and hoping(essentially betting) the TI would hit the market by the end of june.  When I woke up that morning I was shocked by the sudden release and more shocked to see that the card was available on the step-up info right away.  I caught the fever instantly and forgot all about the whisper's of a ME(metal?) edition of the 980 just days earlier.  With 40+ days left I jumped on the step page right away that morning.  I know I sound like a rear-end kisser, but I really wanted to say thanks for offering a stand out program and the chance to upgrade.  I'm set to receive my card tomorrow and am cursing myself for choosing 2-day instead of next day shipping.  This morning someone at EVGA registered my card to the "my products" page and has set my anticipation/anxiety level into full blown frenzy mode.  I owe a special Thank You to whoever picked my card too because I love my serial number(I know im a dork)!

8 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Thanks for offering the Step-Up 2015/06/11 09:17:01 (permalink)
    Ha... Neeerrrdddd.. Most of my serial numbers are within a few digits of each other... I dig that, lol!
    Valisen
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Thanks for offering the Step-Up 2015/06/11 16:57:47 (permalink)
    Pretty much feel the same way. I bought 2 x 970s waaaay back within a week of release because I really wanted to have something that would last a while. After the Vram issues came to light I decided I would rather have 2 x 980s (as I use a 1440p 144hz monitor I wanted to be futureproofed for a bit). So I returned the 970s (thanks Newegg) bought the 980s which have been fantastic. Well 3 days from my Step-up eligibility ending these pop up. So I went from Sli'd 970s to Sli'd 980s and now going to have Sli'd 980ti's! Only ever having to pay the difference. I just sent back my 980s and hoping EVGA will ship my 980Ti's sometime next week. Gonna be a long weekend of no Witcher 3 :(
    mightygru
    iCX Member
    Re: Thanks for offering the Step-Up 2015/06/11 19:22:01 (permalink)
    Valisen
     Well 3 days from my Step-up eligibility ending these pop up.

Wow that's a bonanza, what a close one!
    Valisen
    Re: Thanks for offering the Step-Up 2015/06/11 19:28:07 (permalink)
    mightygru
    Valisen
     Well 3 days from my Step-up eligibility ending these pop up.

Wow that's a bonanza, what a close one!

Yes it was. Got very lucky. 
    mightygru
    iCX Member
    Re: Thanks for offering the Step-Up 2015/06/15 07:35:37 (permalink)
      Received my cards on Friday and couldn't be happier or more tired(witcher3 marathon).  This card feels way more like a top notch product than the 204 chip did(because 200 is flagship and 204 is "x60" chip but that's a different story).  I'm not seeing the heat or the fan noise issues that others have complained about but/and I do run a pretty aggressive fan profile. I didn't o/c it yet because it seems fruitless with the current drivers' little greifs and I am still pretty impressed by its performance.  In hindsight, I was far too whiney about the timeframe for the step-up process. Twelve days from a cards release to dropping the step-up in my system is pretty friggin' impressive. I am happy EVGA made them available for step-up on release instead of waiting.  I am also impressed that they shipped step-ups when they cant keep cards in stock for sale.  They are potentially losing money on sales to fill locked-in(already made the sale) step-up customers and that's just good guy EVGA there.  Thanks again, I appreciate your time.
    Valisen
    Re: Thanks for offering the Step-Up 2015/06/15 19:09:52 (permalink)
    mightygru
      Received my cards on Friday and couldn't be happier or more tired(witcher3 marathon).  This card feels way more like a top notch product than the 204 chip did(because 200 is flagship and 204 is "x60" chip but that's a different story).  I'm not seeing the heat or the fan noise issues that others have complained about but/and I do run a pretty aggressive fan profile. I didn't o/c it yet because it seems fruitless with the current drivers' little greifs and I am still pretty impressed by its performance.  In hindsight, I was far too whiney about the timeframe for the step-up process. Twelve days from a cards release to dropping the step-up in my system is pretty friggin' impressive. I am happy EVGA made them available for step-up on release instead of waiting.  I am also impressed that they shipped step-ups when they cant keep cards in stock for sale.  They are potentially losing money on sales to fill locked-in(already made the sale) step-up customers and that's just good guy EVGA there.  Thanks again, I appreciate your time.

According to UPS my cards should be received by EVGA tomorrow. Soooo hopefully they ship out my 980tis really fast and I have them before the weekend. I am really starting to miss Witcher 3. This integrated crap isn't cutting it :(
    buu150
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Thanks for offering the Step-Up 2015/07/03 09:57:09 (permalink)
    Purchased gtx 980 sc on May, applied for step up in the beginning of June, paid the difference, sent my card to EVGA and now I got the new one!

Anyone who's guessing should I buy EVGA, I'll say go for it! Why would you go for any other GPU supplier. Think about it, EVGA got great warranty (5 years when registering in one month after purchase) and step-up is one hell of a bargain and the card look just fantastic! This whole process took one month from applying for step-up and having the new card.

Thank you.
    post edited by buu150 - 2015/07/03 09:59:25
    clone
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 426
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Thanks for offering the Step-Up 2015/07/04 08:29:58 (permalink)
    Would be nice if I could have stepped up from a 980ti to titan x

Asus Rog Maximus XII Formula
    10700K @ 4.8ghz 1.20v
    16Gb 8Pack 3600hz
    EVGA 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra
    Watercooled
    Phantek Evolv X
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile