Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 9
Author
InvidiaSuperbia
  • Total Posts : 72
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/06/27 13:39:51 (permalink)
Deceiving title.

Hello all, I would like to use this thread as a way to attempt to keep track of our personal step-ups. EVGA has officially removed all our ways of seeing our queue number, so in an effort to help others I'd like to have users post when they receive their step-up 1080s, and 1070s. This can give other users a rough estimate on where they are in the queue (assuming they know when they registered step-up and possibly the last time they knew their queue number). We can make this into a simple format which I will place below. Let's help each other !

Simple format would be something like this:

Model
Date registered for Step-up
anything else you'd like to add (ie. pictures and such)

Thanks in advance for all your efforts!

Edit1: From Reddit, the base ACX model (upgraded to SC), highest number KNOWN so far was from #71, however someone who was #124 did NOT get in on this yet. So therefore we know the queue is moving decently (i suppose).
post edited by InvidiaSuperbia - 2016/06/27 17:38:33

247 Replies Related Threads

misaligned
    • Total Posts : 22
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/27 14:18:46 (permalink)
    I commend your efforts but really EVGA should just present the number in queue. For a company that prides itself on, and typically provides, excellent customer service it seems strange to obfuscate this information from their customers. Particularly since it was previously provided. 
    Rud3Bw0y
    • Total Posts : 39
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/27 14:23:13 (permalink)
    misaligned
    I commend your efforts but really EVGA should just present the number in queue. For a company that prides itself on, and typically provides, excellent customer service it seems strange to obfuscate this information from their customers. Particularly since it was previously provided. 

agreed,not sure what the big deal is but hey,heck even when you call them before asking about anything they straight up say they can't tell you a que number 
    InvidiaSuperbia
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/27 14:25:20 (permalink)
    misaligned

Problem is, they obviously are no going to do so. Hell they made the effort to remove every trace of the queue number when people found a way around the initial removal from most US and EU sites.
    Grymmie
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/27 17:42:15 (permalink)
    To me I find there to be no significant advantage to having queue information.  As EVGA has pointed out, once you are in the queue, you are golden.  I think there are those who are looking at the advantages of queue placement, and using their ability to move between step-ups to find potentially a quicker avenue.  I have a GTX970 and I am very thankful that EVGA will allow me the opportunity of stepping up to a GTX1070 or GTX1080.  I ultimately decided on a Founders Edition 1070 mostly because I like the cooling mechanic of driving air outside my case and do not need the horse power of the 1080 for the gaming I subscribe to.  BTW, I expect my step-up to ship out from EVGA sometime this week, as they already processed and received my 970 today.

Happy Stepping!

Grymmie
    InvidiaSuperbia
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/27 18:00:28 (permalink)
    Grymmie
    To me I find there to be no significant advantage to having queue information.  As EVGA has pointed out, once you are in the queue, you are golden.  I think there are those who are looking at the advantages of queue placement, and using their ability to move between step-ups to find potentially a quicker avenue.  I have a GTX970 and I am very thankful that EVGA will allow me the opportunity of stepping up to a GTX1070 or GTX1080.  I ultimately decided on a Founders Edition 1070 mostly because I like the cooling mechanic of driving air outside my case and do not need the horse power of the 1080 for the gaming I subscribe to.  BTW, I expect my step-up to ship out from EVGA sometime this week, as they already processed and received my 970 today.

Happy Stepping!

Grymmie

I understand, however if there is no significant advantage to seeing your number, then there is also no significant reason to not have it displayed (especially when it has been in the past). Being able to see the progress and estimate your wait period is a nice convenience, which obviously isn't a necessity, but is extremely helpful. This process is really only helpful at the release of new cards obviously.

I mean, people that were in the ACX queue since 1080 released, are just NOW getting cards due to issues with the normal ACX version. EVGA provided 0 information on this subject until emails were released about being upgraded to the SC model, had EVGA been more willing to share information I do believe people would have been more understanding and not made 1000000 posts on the subject.
    Grymmie
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/27 19:08:15 (permalink)
    InvidiaSuperbia

I understand, however if there is no significant advantage to seeing your number, then there is also no significant reason to not have it displayed (especially when it has been in the past). Being able to see the progress and estimate your wait period is a nice convenience, which obviously isn't a necessity, but is extremely helpful. This process is really only helpful at the release of new cards obviously.

I mean, people that were in the ACX queue since 1080 released, are just NOW getting cards due to issues with the normal ACX version. EVGA provided 0 information on this subject until emails were released about being upgraded to the SC model, had EVGA been more willing to share information I do believe people would have been more understanding and not made 1000000 posts on the subject.

Haven't done a step up in a while.  Did two back in the day, both graphics cards.  I do not recall the timing based upon a product launch like the 1070 and 1080s occurring now.  I do remember the queues, but they were really irrelevant as queues go.  I found EVGA to be very responsive to my concerns, and when I had a question they answered promptly.  When I wasn't satisfied with the answer, they made sure the right person was contacted and responded back to me. 

I cannot think of another 3rd party company that has something similar to the step up program for computer components. Yamaha does have something similar for their musical instruments.  Kudos to these companies that go out of their way to keep their customers happy.
    InvidiaSuperbia
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/27 19:38:19 (permalink)
    Grymmie
    InvidiaSuperbia

Haven't done a step up in a while.  Did two back in the day, both graphics cards.  I do not recall the timing based upon a product launch like the 1070 and 1080s occurring now.  I do remember the queues, but they were really irrelevant as queues go.  I found EVGA to be very responsive to my concerns, and when I had a question they answered promptly.  When I wasn't satisfied with the answer, they made sure the right person was contacted and responded back to me. 

I cannot think of another 3rd party company that has something similar to the step up program for computer components. Yamaha does have something similar for their musical instruments.  Kudos to these companies that go out of their way to keep their customers happy.

Don't misunderstand, I am grateful for EVGA and how they offer great customer service, but this launch seems iffy to me because of lack of communication from their end (though it is getting much better). I simply did this to give people somewhat peace-of-mind while waiting, plus seeing other people get their cards makes it more exciting.
    lamarzipan
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/27 20:39:15 (permalink)
    I was at #238 or the ACX 3.0 and got upgraded to SC.  Haven't heard anything from there.
    ImSuika
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/27 21:47:48 (permalink)
    I was #122 last I was able to check and I've yet to receive anything. Will update if I ever move.

Actually, thinking back on it, I'm dreading the process, because I'll be without my desktop for a week. I'm running a 5930k, so I don't have integrated graphics to fall back on.
    post edited by ImSuika - 2016/06/27 21:49:13
    far0sino
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/27 23:52:23 (permalink)
    Wake me up when someone from EU and 1080 ACX queue moves to step 2+. So far it's US getting all the attention.
    Last time I checked (russian site) I was still #1 and nothing changed since then... 
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 01:53:07 (permalink)
    Grymmie

Happy Stepping!

Grymmie

Once you are in the queue, then you have nothing to worry about, right?
    The step-up queue position, honestly, just opens a door to allow customers to complain about the position they're in, and allow others to complain that the "line is moving too slow". This is what I see on why EVGA has removed queue # position (they don't want to hear it). I don't blame them at all. Trust me, they get enough complaints, and this is probably the least they want to deal with, because there is nothing they can do about it. They just can't, nothing, nada. The person in position #1 is first priority within the step-up queue, period.

What do you expect EVGA to do for someone who complains they are at position 1,000? Should they take that person and place them before you because they're complaining they are at 1,000, just to keep them quiet? Should they give them a $20 EVGA bucks compensation due to the grief of waiting and seeing they are position 1,000? But what about the person before them? They're going to want the same compensation. Surely, if you have any thoughts/ideas, send them to EVGA, they'll read your suggestion(s) on how to get the line moving quicker... But, I don't see Disney World or Six Flags giving out free coupons because the lines are too long to get on a ride.... just saying. Just being straight with you all..., stick with it, take it like a man, and wait for your time to come. . That's all you can do.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the  "advantages of queue placement". What advantage do you have knowing your queue #?

post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/06/28 02:43:31

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    DoStuffAndStuff
    • Total Posts : 31
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 03:19:56 (permalink)
    When I could see, I was at 1766 for the 1080 SC. I estimate I'll be getting the card in three months or so...
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 04:05:45 (permalink)
    whining gets you nothing.

Just be patient.
    eVGA is doing all it can and doing it correctly, imo.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

rv112
    • Total Posts : 95
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 06:35:50 (permalink)
    In EU a few of the normal ACX 3.0 cards are in stores and shipped to customers. Also at EVGA they should be in stock this week.
    InvidiaSuperbia
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 11:21:05 (permalink)
    stalinx20
    Grymmie

Happy Stepping!

Grymmie

The step-up queue position, honestly, just opens a door to allow customers to complain about the position they're in, and allow others to complain that the "line is moving too slow". This is what I see on why EVGA has removed queue # position (they don't want to hear it). I don't blame them at all. Trust me, they get enough complaints, and this is probably the least they want to deal with, because there is nothing they can do about it. They just can't, nothing, nada. The person in position #1 is first priority within the step-up queue, period.

What do you expect EVGA to do for someone who complains they are at position 1,000? Should they take that person and place them before you because they're complaining they are at 1,000, just to keep them quiet? Should they give them a $20 EVGA bucks compensation due to the grief of waiting and seeing they are position 1,000? But what about the person before them? They're going to want the same compensation. Surely, if you have any thoughts/ideas, send them to EVGA, they'll read your suggestion(s) on how to get the line moving quicker... But, I don't see Disney World or Six Flags giving out free coupons because the lines are too long to get on a ride.... just saying. Just being straight with you all..., stick with it, take it like a man, and wait for your time to come. . That's all you can do.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the  "advantages of queue placement". What advantage do you have knowing your queue #?

Well, for instance I will use myself as an example.
    I entered the Step-up and moved tothe FE version due to 0 communication from EVGA about the ACX 3.0 version (this includes peoples NORMAL orders, not just step-up), the queue difference was astonishing. After the people got upgraded to the SC version, I noticed the SC version was on the Step-up list and changed once again for the better cooling. i did NOT receive an email stating I had been accepted into to step-up for the SC version, so I did enquire via two different avenues both representatives stating that I did in fact show to be in queue. So if a few months fly by and I have not received anything, I will contact them again, but to take just their word for it is putting a lot of faith in people who up until recently (for this launch at least) have made minimal efforts to communicate with their community about their products, and by that time I will be out of the timeframe for Step-Up, Hell I even asked if I could have a duplicate email sent to me confirming my status in Step-Up and was met with a resounding "no".

As to whether people will hound them about the queue, it goes either way, if they hide it they get bombarded with mail about the queue, and if they dont hide it they get bombarded with mail about how slow its moving, so why even bother hiding it ? There isn't a good reason, aside from lowering traffic on their site MAYBE, to keep all the step-up customers in the dark on their position in the queue.
    McShoeless
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 12:09:12 (permalink)
    Well my old card was received by EVGA today. Shipped last week on Thursday. Not sure how long the process is between EVGA receiving the old card and shipping out the new one but if anyone is interested I'll post when it is shipped. I opted for next day air shipping so I'm thinking I'll have my 1080 before the weekend. 
    filipmike33
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 12:44:55 (permalink)
    Entered the queue an hour or so after release of the 1070 ACX and just received the email for Step 2.
    zag_2012
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 13:21:21 (permalink)
    filipmike33
    Entered the queue an hour or so after release of the 1070 ACX and just received the email for Step 2.

Likewise.  I had numbers 2 and 26. So they've at least gotten that far.  Thanks EVGA! :)
    estrux
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 13:46:41 (permalink)
    filipmike33

That's comforting to know.  I entered the queue on the 12th for the same model.  Looking forward to receiving my Step 2 email either by the end of the week or next week.  Pretty excited!
    labeld
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 14:40:23 (permalink)
    I entered 1080 queue about 6 hrs after launch. Last time I was able to check, I was #255 for the SC version.

I know a large shipment is expected to be distributed mid-July (on the 17th IIRC)... But the bulk of that will be preorders and retail. The following shipment will be during first large FTW batch in August. These dates come from B&H and another retailer that I can't remember right now; info in the 10 Series forum.

For those wanting to just skip the launch and wait for the Ti, you can pickup a 980Ti Classy from Newegg eBay Store brand new for $400.

fergie89
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 15:02:03 (permalink)
    No sense in waiting for the TI in a step-up since the 3 months will be up by then even if you purchase it now.
    labeld
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 16:12:33 (permalink)
    Depending on what you are stepping up from, the cost would be comparable and you would be able to keep your old card.

fergie89
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 16:23:20 (permalink)
    The 1080TI release hasn't even been talked about to this point.  It is at least 6 months if not a year away, meaning that even if you purchased the 980ti right now, you only have 3 months to get in the queue.  There will be no queue till the 1080TI's are getting ready to release.  In no way does that time frame put you eligible to step up to the 1080Ti, you'd have to buy a new one.
    planetes1973
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 17:45:19 (permalink)
    McShoeless
    Well my old card was received by EVGA today. Shipped last week on Thursday. Not sure how long the process is between EVGA receiving the old card and shipping out the new one but if anyone is interested I'll post when it is shipped. I opted for next day air shipping so I'm thinking I'll have my 1080 before the weekend. 

I shipped one of my 2 980ti's thursday and it was also received today.  I have the other one (which was outside step-up period) to keep using so I just opted for ground shipping.  I did the step-up to 1080 FE (cost $10 + $10 shipping) and It'll be interesting to see how fast you receive your card and how fast I receive mine.

Intel Core i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz OC
    48 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4-3200
    MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (1080 FE in step-up process now)
    EVGA 1000 T2 Power Supply
    Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512 GB SSD
    Asus PQ278Q + 2 Asus 25" 1080p monitors on either side.
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 18:08:34 (permalink)
    InvidiaSuperbia
    stalinx20
    Grymmie

Happy Stepping!

Grymmie

Well, for instance I will use myself as an example.
    I entered the Step-up and moved tothe FE version due to 0 communication from EVGA about the ACX 3.0 version (this includes peoples NORMAL orders, not just step-up), the queue difference was astonishing. After the people got upgraded to the SC version, I noticed the SC version was on the Step-up list and changed once again for the better cooling. i did NOT receive an email stating I had been accepted into to step-up for the SC version, so I did enquire via two different avenues both representatives stating that I did in fact show to be in queue. So if a few months fly by and I have not received anything, I will contact them again, but to take just their word for it is putting a lot of faith in people who up until recently (for this launch at least) have made minimal efforts to communicate with their community about their products, and by that time I will be out of the timeframe for Step-Up, Hell I even asked if I could have a duplicate email sent to me confirming my status in Step-Up and was met with a resounding "no".

As to whether people will hound them about the queue, it goes either way, if they hide it they get bombarded with mail about the queue, and if they dont hide it they get bombarded with mail about how slow its moving, so why even bother hiding it ? There isn't a good reason, aside from lowering traffic on their site MAYBE, to keep all the step-up customers in the dark on their position in the queue.

It's not that you were "accepted" into the step-up for the SC version, but they gave you a "free" bonus because they were probably out of stock for the FE. That makes perfect sense. You got a better deal. It really sounds like everyone is neglecting the fact that this is a brand new card and there is a ---> very high demand for it <--- , and EVGA has to try and satisfy everybody and the world (literally) to keep people happy. But, as they say, "you cannot satisfy everybody, but you sure can upset everybody by the turn of a dime." It's that simple, unfortunately. I can understand why you would want an email explaining that you would be given the SC version over the FE version, but I wouldn't complain about them doing this for you. Faster card, free upgrade, you paid for the FE price, that's quite a deal, they gave you the upgrade (From FE to SC) for free (or did they not?). It's really customer service at its finest. Try getting that service from MSI(maybe), gigabyte or even Asus, you generally won't
    On the step-up guidelines, normally when you are moved on to the next step, they send you an email. I think there are 5 steps, and for each step, you will receive an email. It seems to me they have done all that very well, sir. They cannot keep tabs on where they are currently at for each step. That' a lot of emailing. However, they do a good job on updating the steps on your open ticket, but there can be times that they don't do that. I have seen that a couple times, but they can only work so hard. Just take it like this... When you apply for a step-up, and follow their guidelines, and follow the "steps" to get into the step-up, 10 out of 10 you will be entered in. I don't see a reason to contact them if you're in the queue, they'll get to you. Words from Yoda, "patience you must have." Just keep in mind that this is probably the most hide demanding card in history. It's not just the step-up program they have to worry about, they have to worry about other people too.

Generally, the "less people know about something, the less questions there will be", so if they had the queue #s available, more questions will be asked. I'm willing to bet there were more questions asked when they had it, compared to now.

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    InvidiaSuperbia
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 18:37:09 (permalink)
    stalinx20

It's not that you were "accepted" into the step-up for the SC version, but they gave you a "free" bonus because they were probably out of stock for the FE. That makes perfect sense. You got a better deal. It really sounds like everyone is neglecting the fact that this is a brand new card and there is a ---> very high demand for it <--- , and EVGA has to try and satisfy everybody and the world (literally) to keep people happy. But, as they say, "you cannot satisfy everybody, but you sure can upset everybody by the turn of a dime." It's that simple, unfortunately. I can understand why you would want an email explaining that you would be given the SC version over the FE version, but I wouldn't complain about them doing this for you. Faster card, free upgrade, you paid for the FE price, that's quite a deal, they gave you the upgrade (From FE to SC) for free (or did they not?). It's really customer service at its finest. Try getting that service from MSI(maybe), gigabyte or even Asus, you generally won't
    On the step-up guidelines, normally when you are moved on to the next step, they send you an email. I think there are 5 steps, and for each step, you will receive an email. It seems to me they have done all that very well, sir. They cannot keep tabs on where they are currently at for each step. That' a lot of emailing. However, they do a good job on updating the steps on your open ticket, but there can be times that they don't do that. I have seen that a couple times, but they can only work so hard. Just take it like this... When you apply for a step-up, and follow their guidelines, and follow the "steps" to get into the step-up, 10 out of 10 you will be entered in. I don't see a reason to contact them if you're in the queue, they'll get to you. Words from Yoda, "patience you must have." Just keep in mind that this is probably the most hide demanding card in history. It's not just the step-up program they have to worry about, they have to worry about other people too.

Generally, the "less people know about something, the less questions there will be", so if they had the queue #s available, more questions will be asked. I'm willing to bet there were more questions asked when they had it, compared to now.

I think you misunderstood my problem.
    I originally was in the ACX 3.0 queue.
    I dropped that to get in the FE queue since there was 0 communication on when that version was shipping at all (even from their own website).
    They gave others who were in the ACX queue an upgrade to the SC, but also put the SC version on the step-up list (lasted about a whole 2 days).
    I changed again from the FE queue to the SC queue (or ACX queue, same one at that point).
    I did not receive an email for the change to the SC queue, but I did for the initial ACX version, and when I changed to the FE version. I simply requested an email be resent so I had valid proof of my step-up, and was told it isn't possible even though I am supposedly in the queue and the verification went through.
    If you can't see why I personally would want an approximate timeline, or the ability to see my queue number, then I am sorry.
    I still believe they have no valid reason for not displaying the queue number, especially when they have done so in the past, but I respect that this is their site and they can do as they please with it. I made this thread to help myself and others out, and potentially alleviate some of the questions people might have about when they would receive their step-ups (because user experience is better than EVGA's vague answers). I'm not downplaying EVGA customer service at all.
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/28 19:25:19 (permalink)
    InvidiaSuperbia
    stalinx20

I think you misunderstood my problem.
    I originally was in the ACX 3.0 queue.
    I dropped that to get in the FE queue since there was 0 communication on when that version was shipping at all (even from their own website).
    They gave others who were in the ACX queue an upgrade to the SC, but also put the SC version on the step-up list (lasted about a whole 2 days).
    I changed again from the FE queue to the SC queue (or ACX queue, same one at that point).
    I did not receive an email for the change to the SC queue, but I did for the initial ACX version, and when I changed to the FE version. I simply requested an email be resent so I had valid proof of my step-up, and was told it isn't possible even though I am supposedly in the queue and the verification went through.
    If you can't see why I personally would want an approximate timeline, or the ability to see my queue number, then I am sorry.
    I still believe they have no valid reason for not displaying the queue number, especially when they have done so in the past, but I respect that this is their site and they can do as they please with it. I made this thread to help myself and others out, and potentially alleviate some of the questions people might have about when they would receive their step-ups (because user experience is better than EVGA's vague answers). I'm not downplaying EVGA customer service at all.

I'm sure they're working diligently to the best of their ability. Please remember that they can only work with whatever is in stock. If they don't have it in stock, it makes things much harder for them, and for you as well. At this point, you're going to have to rely on patience. Don't get me wrong, there are areas that EVGA needs to improve on, but if items are out of stock, then we just need to be patient. That's what the problem is here, there is nothing in stock.
    post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/06/28 19:28:20

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    Caust
    • Total Posts : 56
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/29 04:11:09 (permalink)
    What is bad is if you had stayed in the fe line, your card would be shipped to them already. Seriously, got my confirmations on Friday and I sent them out on Saturday. I switched to the fe step up earlier that week after seeing that they were showing up more frequently on sites, not to mention I have an sli going on and don't have a clue when I can start water cooling.
    InvidiaSuperbia
    Re: Step-Up received ! 2016/06/29 08:01:29 (permalink)
    Caust
    What is bad is if you had stayed in the fe line, your card would be shipped to them already. Seriously, got my confirmations on Friday and I sent them out on Saturday. I switched to the fe step up earlier that week after seeing that they were showing up more frequently on sites, not to mention I have an sli going on and don't have a clue when I can start water cooling.

Yes, but the original reason for going with the ACX version was due to not really wanting the blower style cooler. I only change initially due to lack of information, however an SC version would be nicer and I know they are making cards for that so I know the queue will move.
    Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 9
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile