EVGA

Step Up Question?

Author
ruggerjb03
  • Total Posts : 46
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/05/18 20:56:42 (permalink)
I bought a 980Ti Classified on March 26, 2016 and I know there is the 90 day window and May 27, 2016 is the release of the GTX 1080. I am sure everyone will be trying to buy one and I was wondering if EVGA gets sold out for some reason do they still keep the step up process open and then once they are back in stock you send the old card in for the new one or is like once they sell out they don't allow you to do the step up until the next shipment comes in (whenever that might be) which could be over the 90 day period?

11 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Step Up Question? 2016/05/18 21:02:02 (permalink)

Moving to the Step Up questions section.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Step Up Question? 2016/05/18 21:10:23 (permalink)
    Once your step up is approved, you do not fall under the 90 day.. But! The card must be added to step up and you must be submitted for the step up before the 90 day mark. If the card is added to step up at day 95, then you will be outside the window. That is a worst case scenario.
    ruggerjb03
    Re: Step Up Question? 2016/05/18 21:19:08 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    Once your step up is approved, you do not fall under the 90 day.. But! The card must be added to step up and you must be submitted for the step up before the 90 day mark. If the card is added to step up at day 95, then you will be outside the window. That is a worst case scenario.

I have 36 days remaining. Purchased 3/25/16 and registered 3/26/16. I saw on these forums that EVGA might not add them to the step up on the 27th so if they add it passed my 90 days I am out of luck correct? I was just wondering that say if it's added within the 90 days and I go to start the step up but they are all sold out do I remain in queue or does it not let anyone else register until new shipments come in?

Since I registered it within the 14 days I don't need to buy the extended warranty to be eligible for the step up correct?
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Step Up Question? 2016/05/18 21:23:56 (permalink)
    If you registered within 14 days, you shouldn't need the extended am warranty for the option.

If you the card is entered into the step up program before the 90 days, and you enter the que, then you are in que until there is sufficient stock to supply your que number... Trust me, there will be a thread with the title "what is your step up que?"... It never.. Ever... Fails.

Once you are in que, your 90 days is no longer held against you. You just have to be entered/accepted prior to the 90 day mark and then you just be patient, play games on your 980ti, and wait for the email with instructions of what to do next.

I have never used step up so I am not sure what or when you get the email, but many use it and it is pretty straight forward from what I understand.
    ruggerjb03
    Re: Step Up Question? 2016/05/18 21:26:56 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    If you registered within 14 days, you shouldn't need the extended am warranty for the option.

If you the card is entered into the step up program before the 90 days, and you enter the que, then you are in que until there is sufficient stock to supply your que number... Trust me, there will be a thread with the title "what is your step up que?"... It never.. Ever... Fails.

Once you are in que, your 90 days is no longer held against you. You just have to be entered/accepted prior to the 90 day mark and then you just be patient, play games on your 980ti, and wait for the email with instructions of what to do next.

I have never used step up so I am not sure what or when you get the email, but many use it and it is pretty straight forward from what I understand.

So say I enter the queue within the time frame of 90 days do I then have to be accepted within that same 90 days or is it once I am in queue the 90 days no longer applies?
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Step Up Question? 2016/05/18 21:29:08 (permalink)
    Once you enter que the 90 day rule no longer applies. You just have to be in que before your 90 day mark.
    ruggerjb03
    Re: Step Up Question? 2016/05/18 21:37:41 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    Once you enter que the 90 day rule no longer applies. You just have to be in que before your 90 day mark.

So basically check EVGA like a mad man! I guess my last question is that do they keep the que open even if all of them sell out? So once it's listed I just calculate the cost, pay and wait no matter if they sell out say within 5 mins? Once in the que it doesn't matter if EVGA is backed up and gets to my request say like 180 days later to approve? Even if they sell out I should still be able to get in queue, not worry about 90 days then just play the waiting game.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Step Up Question? 2016/05/18 21:43:29 (permalink)
    They don't sell out.. Again.. Once you are in que, you have to wait for sufficient stock. They don't make one set and stop making them. Once you are in que, you are in que. If you are at number 354,and they get 353 step up cards, you wait until they get another shipment in. Step up cards are no sold in normal inventory, they set aside specific cards for step up. There isn't a set amount of cards per shipment that they get, but they do what they can with each shipment.

After release check the step up list once or twice a day at least, or sit and spam f5, and register once it appears. After that, sit and wait.
    polecats03
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Step Up Question? 2016/05/19 08:09:20 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    They don't sell out.. Again.. Once you are in que, you have to wait for sufficient stock. They don't make one set and stop making them. Once you are in que, you are in que. If you are at number 354,and they get 353 step up cards, you wait until they get another shipment in. Step up cards are no sold in normal inventory, they set aside specific cards for step up. There isn't a set amount of cards per shipment that they get, but they do what they can with each shipment.

After release check the step up list once or twice a day at least, or sit and spam f5, and register once it appears. After that, sit and wait.

Okay thanks for the info! So as long as the release the card in step up I start the process and wait.
    GldnSabre
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Step Up Question? 2016/05/27 18:56:55 (permalink)
    When do you have to send your card back? Before your approved or after, or only when stock is available or when you do the step up? I only ask because I wont be able to use my VIVE if I do not have my card.
    XboxStation64
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Step Up Question? 2016/05/27 19:07:10 (permalink)
    GldnSabre
    When do you have to send your card back? Before your approved or after, or only when stock is available or when you do the step up? I only ask because I wont be able to use my VIVE if I do not have my card.

Once you're approved and stock is available. From what I've read, you shouldn't go more than a week or two without a card.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile