Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested

Author
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2014/09/09 00:32:39 (permalink)
http://www.nola.com/crime/baton-rouge/index.ssf/2014/09/sons_of_guns_star_faces_addito.html

Man what a bummer. As a gun fanatic like myself I am big fan of Sons of Guns besides from all the stupid drama lol.  Ironically I was catching up from the latest season of episodes I missed through the internet just a couple hours ago and ran into this article. But its shocking to see a hard working guy like Will be accused of something so cowardly like that. I wonder how his cute daughter feels about the whole situation. You know what they say it takes one bad apple to make a well respected herd or in this case organization to look bad. Looks like one of my favorite Discovery Channels shows is cancelled from airing now. At least I got my second favorite show (after Top Gear) Fast N Loud still playing on Discovery Channel.

22 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 00:51:24 (permalink)
    That is no Bueno. Hopefully he is dealt with appropriately if this is true. Rape, in any instance, is cowardly, but against someone so young is worthy of the death penalty in my eyes.
    way2faded
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3077
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 01:20:50 (permalink)
    ^ agree if allegations are true. at least should be castrated and branded on his forehead.

Watched the first season..kinda lost interest tho.

Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2233
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 03:28:12 (permalink)
    ^^ +1

Kind of like this Ray Rice stuff, if it is true, then he should be dealt with.  We are all innocent until proven guilty, but to have two come forward, does look good.  This also feeds the stereotype about gun fanatics, lunatics who like weapons.  Not a good combination, aggressive behavior and guns.  Seems society could use a little less of both.
    post edited by Grey_Beard - 2014/09/09 03:29:24

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 04:37:17 (permalink)
    Grey_Beard
    ^^ +1

Kind of like this Ray Rice stuff, if it is true, then he should be dealt with.  We are all innocent until proven guilty, but to have two come forward, does look good.  This also feeds the stereotype about gun fanatics, lunatics who like weapons.  Not a good combination, aggressive behavior and guns.  Seems society could use a little less of both.

Not really.  Just the tittle what he is charged with itself makes EVERY type of stereotyped of persons look bad. For example a fat ugly wussy looking computer gamer nerd does not look harmful but they too generally use aggressive behavior when it comes to rape. Basically regardless of the person, rape is an aggressive crime because your forcibly interact with the person without affirmative consent. Anyways I am a hardcore gun fanatic and I am not aggressive. I will only get aggressive when I here "weapons free", or "engage tango(s)."

srtie4k
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1589
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 05:02:01 (permalink)
    It's going to be awfully hard to prove that a rape occurred 22 years ago when DNA evidence is dismissed after a 3 year statue of limitations.

Not like a guilty verdict is going to shame him anymore, though. His name is now permanently smeared for life, regardless of what the outcome may be.

Gaming Rig:
    Corsair Vegeance C70, Swiftech H220, Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz (1.24V), Asus Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX860, 16GB Corsair Vegeance DDR3-1600 CL9 1.35V, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Dell 2408WFP, Corsair K70 Cherry Red, Corsair M65, Logitech Z-5500 5.1
    Steambox/HTPC:
    Lian Li PC-Q01A, AMD A10-7800, ASRock FM2A88X-ITX, Seasonic ST30SF, 8GB Samsung DDR3-1600 @ 1866, Samsung 840 Evo 250GB MSATA SSD

Affiliate Code: KKDMX98FNV
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 05:59:14 (permalink)
    srtie4k
    It's going to be awfully hard to prove that a rape occurred 22 years ago when DNA evidence is dismissed after a 3 year statue of limitations.

Not like a guilty verdict is going to shame him anymore, though. His name is now permanently smeared for life, regardless of what the outcome may be.

That's what I am saying. He is forever going to be look down upon even if he is proven innocent. Just being accused of such thing is dramatic to ones image. I generally tell people I hate liars more than stealers because a liar can ruin your whole life's reputation.  But ya in proving the rape that occurred 22 years ago is going to be pretty hard to claim from the victim. In some states if a crime has been committed but not reported after so long, it is no longer even "valid", or "plausible" to pursue a case. Now that applies here in Texas. But I am not fully aware of on this(and anyone please correct me if I am wrong), Texas is "maybe" selective on what type of crime.
    post edited by HAZMAN_THE_GREAT - 2014/09/09 06:00:39

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 06:33:11 (permalink)
    I liked the show but only occasionally watched it - too bad for all involved if proved true.

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    srtie4k
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1589
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 06:34:24 (permalink)
    That's called the Statute of Limitations. In LA, forcible rape has no statute of limitations, but DNA evidence does. See here:

https://www.rainn.org/public-policy/legal-resources/louisiana/statutes-of-limitations

See: La. Code Crim. Proc. art. 571 Crimes for which there is no time limitation and La. Code Crim. Proc. art. 572 Limitation of prosecution of noncapital offenses

Gaming Rig:
    Corsair Vegeance C70, Swiftech H220, Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz (1.24V), Asus Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX860, 16GB Corsair Vegeance DDR3-1600 CL9 1.35V, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Dell 2408WFP, Corsair K70 Cherry Red, Corsair M65, Logitech Z-5500 5.1
    Steambox/HTPC:
    Lian Li PC-Q01A, AMD A10-7800, ASRock FM2A88X-ITX, Seasonic ST30SF, 8GB Samsung DDR3-1600 @ 1866, Samsung 840 Evo 250GB MSATA SSD

Affiliate Code: KKDMX98FNV
    NordicJedi
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 12570
    • Ribbons : 77
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 11:03:44 (permalink)
    srtie4k

Not exactly, based on the link you later posted.  DNA evidence doesn't have a statute of limitations (generally wouldn't, anyway, as the evidence would be preserved).  The exception noted on the page is that if prosecution of a sex crime is barred by the statute of limitations, but the suspect is later determined by DNA evidence, then the prosecution is on the clock to prosecute that person within 3 years of discovering the person's identity.  The exception, in no way, prevents the prosecution from using DNA evidence beyond 3 years.

For example, if the statute of limitations has run on a sexual assault case because there were no leads, this exception could be used to prosecute in the future if DNA left at the scene (or on clothing) is later identified as matching a potential suspect.  If a person goes to a hospital after a sexual assault, it's quite common for the medical staff to carefully examine the victim, as well as preserve the victim's clothes for the police.  If the DNA does not match anyone at the time, it's possible that there may be a match later.  Once the police have a match, they will need to develop probable cause and the DA's office will need to prosecute within 3 years of matching the DNA.  There's no real reason to exclude DNA as evidence, as DNA doesn't go anywhere, and doesn't break down over time.  

The reason for the exception is that sexual assaults are often committed in such a way that victims do not know the attacker, and cannot always provide much of a description of the attacker.  What they can sometimes provide is DNA evidence of the person who attacked them.  The evidence isn't going anywhere, so it wouldn't make sense to limit the time limit to use the evidence.  However, there's also a strong interest on requiring the police/prosecution to use the evidence once it's determined that a DNA match has been made, hence the 3 year requirement.  The reason for the statute of limitations, typically, is that evidence tends to get destroyed, eyewitnesses become less reliable, and witnesses become unavailable over the years, leading to difficulties in both prosecuting and defending cases.  One of those concerns, however, isn't that the DNA evidence is going to be tainted, destroyed, or somehow unreliable after 3 years.  Once the suspect is known through DNA, it's generally in the prosecution's best interest to quickly build a case against the suspect, due to these concerns.  Likewise, due to the difficulty defending against a sexual assault case, it's fair to require that the prosecution moves quickly, so that the alleged suspect has the ability to build a defense and question witnesses.  

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

That's what I am saying. He is forever going to be look down upon even if he is proven innocent. Just being accused of such thing is dramatic to ones image. I generally tell people I hate liars more than stealers because a liar can ruin your whole life's reputation.  But ya in proving the rape that occurred 22 years ago is going to be pretty hard to claim from the victim. In some states if a crime has been committed but not reported after so long, it is no longer even "valid", or "plausible" to pursue a case. Now that applies here in Texas. But I am not fully aware of on this(and anyone please correct me if I am wrong), Texas is "maybe" selective on what type of crime.

In Texas, no statute of limitations on a sexual assault later determined by DNA evidence:

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/cr/pdf/cr.12.pdf
    http://research.lawyers.com/texas/texas-statutes-of-limitations.html
    http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.22.htm

6012mhz on L/N2 
    5321mhz on L/N2
    5091mhz on air
    The Lightsaber
    The Emperor Reborn
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 11:18:18 (permalink)
    If you read the whole article it talks about 2 other girls. One incident happened in 2013 other in 1995. Will see what happens in court.

1) it really happened
    2) ppl just looking for money
    3) someone wants tv show about guns off the air

Fbmbirds
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3863
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 11:21:02 (permalink)
    Now they wife is going on Dr Phil Lol
    post edited by Fbmbirds - 2014/09/09 11:32:20

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 14:03:25 (permalink)
    This whole deal doesn't make a lot of sense. 22 years later? And the daughter from the show denying and supporting her dad, then BAM? Saying he raped me also? I don't ever want to deny a real victim, just seems very odd.
    kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 14:25:46 (permalink)
    The whole thing is a mess.  Dr. Phil?  Seriously!?  That is the last place I would be headed.  I hope justice is served however it turns out.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21173
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 17:19:26 (permalink)
    How can they have a fair trial with so much network publicity and involvement in social networks? It sounds like a mistrial or release on technicality appeal could be in his future.
    kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 18:13:43 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    How can they have a fair trial with so much network publicity and involvement in social networks? It sounds like a mistrial or release on technicality appeal could be in his future.

That is a good question. We need to find a way to serve justice in the modern age. A fair trial is a bit of a misnomer anyway. We can't have public figures just get off the hook because of their fame and social networking.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

NordicJedi
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 12570
    • Ribbons : 77
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/09 21:31:08 (permalink)
    kaninja
    ty_ger07

That is a good question. We need to find a way to serve justice in the modern age. A fair trial is a bit of a misnomer anyway. We can't have public figures just get off the hook because of their fame and social networking.

During jury selection, both lawyers ask questions about how much they've seen, read, watched, etc. about the defendant and the circumstances leading to the arrest.  Most importantly, both sides will ask questions relating to whether the jurors can reach a verdict based on the evidence and not their prejudices.  At the end of the day, both sides will bounce the people they don't want on the jury, and the judge will allow them to remove unfit jurors for cause, if it appears they cannot be impartial.  There's no bar to having jurors who know about the defendant or the case; on the other hand, there is an issue if someone has a mission to punish people for sexually assaulting children, someone loves the show so much that they can't possibly find him guilty, or someone who simply demonstrates that he or she cannot be impartial for one reason or another.

The defense always has the option of filing a motion to change venue to move the trial to another county where the defendant may receive a "fairer" trial.  On the other hand, the defense may very well prefer the county the case is filed for any number of reasons.  It will only become an issue to raise on appeal if the motion to move is improperly denied.  However, the defendant's celebrity status will work against him in this.

Keep in mind, though, although social media is pretty much everywhere, most people in the jury pool will still only have limited knowledge of the defendant and what he's being accused of doing.  He's more likely to receive a more difficult trial because of what he's accused of doing, rather than who he happens to be.  Likewise, the defense will certainly use the extensive exposure to the case to push its message out to people about his/her client's "innocence", cast doubt on witnesses, and attempt to influence the prospective jury pool, as well.  

6012mhz on L/N2 
    5321mhz on L/N2
    5091mhz on air
    The Lightsaber
    The Emperor Reborn
    warrior10
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1039
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/13 16:35:36 (permalink)
    I almost call this (Abbreviated foul language deleted) most probable, because of the Fact that this took place 22yrs ago. Are u frigging kidding me. This is heresay. If this really happened, then why in the Hell was this Not reported 22yrs ago. Any Parent would have gone after this guy as soon as this happened. Sure the guy might have been too scared to say it for up to 10yrs, but 22yrs is rediculous. The worst thing is that the ppl on this Post are quick to judge a Man with a great record of service, not only to his Country, but for making such a great business for himself and others.

22yrs and they just come out, my arse. I don't put much Credibility into this Case, also because he said this was over a break-up with a former Girlfriend.

Innocent til' proven guilty.
    post edited by XrayMan - 2014/09/13 18:31:22

My new 
    https://www.gigabyte.com/...70-Gaming-K7-rev-10#kf
    HAF-X Coolermaster: 4 Fans
    New Rig:Ryzen 1700 CPU-H100i Liquid arctic Cooled.
    16gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400
    180Ti Hybrid
    Blu-ray drive SCSI
    CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
    Black WD Black caviar 2-1TB's and 1 500gig
    WD Blue 1 TB  1 Sand disk SSD 240 for OS
    Corsair PSU 1020
    SWTOR Mouse and Headset
    Razer CHROMA Keyboard
    Dell 1444p G-Sync Monitor @144htz to 160htz
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/13 17:02:04 (permalink)
    warrior10
    I almost call this (Abbreviated foul language deleted) most probable, because of the Fact that this took place 22yrs ago. Are u frigging kidding me. This is heresay. If this really happened, then why in the Hell was this Not reported 22yrs ago. Any Parent would have gone after this guy as soon as this happened. Sure the guy might have been too scared to say it for up to 10yrs, but 22yrs is rediculous. The worst thing is that the ppl on this Post are quick to judge a Man with a great record of service, not only to his Country, but for making such a great business for himself and others.

22yrs and they just come out, my arse. I don't put much Credibility into this Case, also because he said this was over a break-up with a former Girlfriend.

Innocent til' proven guilty.

Are you automatically discounting the molestation charges from the recent girlfriend? Not to mention, just because he served his country doesn't automatically make him good either. There are people arrested and tried in the military, police force, public service, congress and even higher, all the time.  

Yes, he may very well be innocent, but just because "he has a great record of service" doesn't mean he couldn't have done this.  Like I said, hopefully he is dealt with appropriately if this is true.

Now, to address your "why wait 22 years" line.. why did catholic boys not dime the priest out the first time it happen?  Why don't kids in foster care admit when it happens?  Why do women and even men in the military nearly commit suicide before telling someone?  Why would they wait so long?  Why didn't their parents react immediately? Does that help you understand that not everyone wants to admit to being raped.  not everyone wants their personal business known?  Not everyone wants to think they were the only one, and she may have held out thinking she was the only one, and didn't want to ruin.. how'd you say it... "a great record of service"... but now that he has done it again, she admits the truth and seals his fate so it doesn't happen to a third child... think outside of the box on this one.  Just because his show is good, his actions that are made public have been good, and that he is a public figure does not mean he has a clean closet and the skeletons aren't actually in there.  
    MADOGRE
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1262
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/13 17:43:30 (permalink)
    This is sad, and his own daughter Stephanie has filed charges against him as well.
    post edited by MADOGRE - 2014/09/14 15:43:03
    rlb9682
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1049
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/13 18:31:35 (permalink)
    Hayden doesn't exactly have a clean background lately. He lost his FFL in 2009 because he couldn't account for 10 rifles. Red Jacket's been using an employee's FFL to do business since then. Initially it was Vince's FFL and Will was technically an employee of Vince. http://m.tmz.com/2011/12/23/sons-of-guns-atf-william-hayden-firearms/

Joe Meauxis the owner of Red Jacket, and has officially cut ties with Hayden in addition to Discovery Channel cancelling the show.  http://www.foxnews.com/en...-offender-will-hayden/

Affiliate Code: PD1HHD50JK

Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2233
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/18 15:04:10 (permalink)
    The thing most of you are missing is that this is a rape case. Rape victims are notorious for suppressing memories and covering up what happened. They feel ashamed and responsible, whether they are or not. Some stats say almost 40% of the women have experienced rape or some physical violence during sex. Just because it has been 22 years does not mean anything. The daughter that denied it has since some out and said it happened. Anytime you have physical violence by a powerful (meaning physical power) over a less powerful female or even a male, this happens. My money is on it happened. Two or more things happening, even 22 years apart, says something, especially when the events are very similar. This guy is a scumbag. Anyone supporting this scumbag needs to think about how they would feel if the victims were there mother, sister or daughter. I would bet each one of you would feel very different in that case and would not be defending this guy. Let the show die. He should have never been on TV. Even for people who like guns, this has to be disturbing. Defending him and calling out the victim shows a lack of maturity. It is sad, but unfortunately this guy has ruined many lives by these actions. Eventually we all need to pay the price for our actions, good or bad.

Sent from my Fancy-pants Pad using Tapatalk
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden arrested 2014/09/18 15:58:42 (permalink)
    Grey_Beard
    The thing most of you are missing is that this is a rape case. Rape victims are notorious for suppressing memories and covering up what happened. They feel ashamed and responsible, whether they are or not. Some stats say almost 40% of the women have experienced rape or some physical violence during sex. Just because it has been 22 years does not mean anything. The daughter that denied it has since some out and said it happened. Anytime you have physical violence by a powerful (meaning physical power) over a less powerful female or even a male, this happens. My money is on it happened. Two or more things happening, even 22 years apart, says something, especially when the events are very similar. This guy is a scumbag. Anyone supporting this scumbag needs to think about how they would feel if the victims were there mother, sister or daughter. I would bet each one of you would feel very different in that case and would not be defending this guy. Let the show die. He should have never been on TV. Even for people who like guns, this has to be disturbing. Defending him and calling out the victim shows a lack of maturity. It is sad, but unfortunately this guy has ruined many lives by these actions. Eventually we all need to pay the price for our actions, good or bad.

Sent from my Fancy-pants Pad using Tapatalk

100% agree
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile