EVGA

So I'm wondering about the step-up program...

Author
gwias
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/05/26 21:37:41 (permalink)
Can anyone answer me this?  I tried to find the 1080 in the step-up category and it isn't there.  Am I missing something?

20 Replies Related Threads

coderz
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 103
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/26 21:39:56 (permalink)
    Step up for new cards don't show up for a week or so after they are out.
    gwias
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/26 21:42:37 (permalink)
    coderz
    Step up for new cards don't show up for a week or so after they are out.

GREATLY appreciated.  I was sitting here running through all of their tech stuff and I couldn't find anything about it.  When do you suppose the -ti will be released?  within the next 36 days?  That's when my step-up runs out >.>

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/26 21:44:22 (permalink)
    gwias

GREATLY appreciated.  I was sitting here running through all of their tech stuff and I couldn't find anything about it.  When do you suppose the -ti will be released?  within the next 36 days?  That's when my step-up runs out >.>

No. Definitely not any time soon. They need the 1080 to run its life cycle for about 6 or so months before they will do anything with the TI.

Step up for a card never gets updated prior to the release of the card as well. Evga can't add any item that is not for public sale. Since this card is not release until 6am PST, and it could be a few days after the card is available before step up is updated.

Also, I am moving this to the step up section, since that is what this pertains to.
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/05/26 21:49:10
    zenstrata
    • Total Posts : 52
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/26 22:34:37 (permalink)
    "The EVGA Step-Up program helps you have the peace of mind to purchase your favorite product now, knowing you can upgrade to the latest parts that come out within the first 90 days from your purchase."  (Taken directly from the step-up program support page)

This seems to indicate that they will be available within a few days at most of the cards release, if not directly on release day.  If it is any longer than that, many people will be unable to 'step up' which means they do not have peace of mind, which means this line could constitute a problem with the advertising due to the advertised statement being inaccurate.

And since this is one of the reasons people buy EVGA Cards, (the step up program), then it should be accurate or it should not be listed this way.
    godspeed07
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 00:13:56 (permalink)
    I currently have a gtx 970 ssc. I was banking on having a card to upgrade to and i only have 9 days left to step up. My problem is that there is nothing to stepup to. I paid for a mid range card and i would be greatly disappointed if i cannot stepup to the 1080 in time.
    godspeed07
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 00:17:07 (permalink)
    Also, how is it that you can now purchase (up to 2) 1080 cards however the stepup is not available to those in the program first? It would only seem fair that we should have the first shot at these...

sucklead
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 01:48:15 (permalink)
    I mailed support a week ago and got this response:
    "Thank you for the question. The Founder's Edition GTX 1080 will launch on May 27th. Unfortunately we do not yet know when the card will be available for Step-Up though we do currently plan to offer it on Step-Up. You are at 68 days from purchase currently and the Step-Up window is for the first 90 days that you own the card, so we can not guarantee that they will be available within that period. Keep an eye out on the EVGA website and on social media for any updates.
    If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us."
    AlexanderDeLarge
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 02:02:57 (permalink)
    sucklead
    "Thank you for the question. The Founder's Edition GTX 1080 will launch on May 27th. Unfortunately we do not yet know when the card will be available for Step-Up though we do currently plan to offer it on Step-Up. You are at 68 days from purchase currently and the Step-Up window is for the first 90 days that you own the card, so we can not guarantee that they will be available within that period. Keep an eye out on the EVGA website and on social media for any updates.

That is obscene if they truly can not guarantee that you won't have time with 60+ days after a product launches.

The EVGA Step-Up program helps you have the peace of mind to purchase your favorite product now, knowing you can upgrade to the latest parts that come out within the first 90 days from your purchase. In the computer hardware world, 90 days is a lifetime! With a valid part, once per purchase, you can upgrade your EVGA product by paying the difference between what you paid and the price on EVGA's website. It's really that simple!
    Current cutoff for products purchased is 2/27/2016 in order to submit a request today. Products purchased on or after this date may be eligible for the Step-Up program.

Corvonas
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 03:55:26 (permalink)
    I have 3 days left on my step-up.  Hoping they don't slip us a long one with this... Step-up was the sole reason I bought an EVGA card (980ti Classy) over other competitors.

If they hold back activating upgrades on the website then that basically subverts the whole point of the scheme existing, I wonder if anyone has tested this legally yet.  Will be interested to see how it plays-out anyway.
    Corvonas
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 04:23:34 (permalink)
    Well, I'll reserve judgement until we see what happens.  If we DO get shafted though I will absolutely look into where things stand legally, the money isn't such a concern, it's principal...

gwias
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 04:26:27 (permalink)
    I absolutely agree. I bought my car 2 weeks before they announce the 1080 so yes I feel like something should happen as well. It's just the idea behind the step-up program should not have limitations. These cards are expensive that we buy and yet they have a very strict deadline on the upgrade range. At least give us the option to reserve a car that way when it does come out for instance the ti model like I have, that way I don't feel like I got completely screwed out of every single penny of mind that I put into this company. I don't know I guess that's my two cents.
    KNClausen
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 06:28:47 (permalink)
    sucklead

Whoah, they can't guarantee that the card will be made available within 60 days? Damn, I though I could trust EVGA's description of the Step-Up program. :( 
    RuneZero
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 06:33:09 (permalink)
    AlexanderDeLarge
    sucklead

That is obscene if they truly can not guarantee that you won't have time with 60+ days after a product launches.

The EVGA Step-Up program helps you have the peace of mind to purchase your favorite product now, knowing you can upgrade to the latest parts that come out within the first 90 days from your purchase. In the computer hardware world, 90 days is a lifetime! With a valid part, once per purchase, you can upgrade your EVGA product by paying the difference between what you paid and the price on EVGA's website. It's really that simple!
    Current cutoff for products purchased is 2/27/2016 in order to submit a request today. Products purchased on or after this date may be eligible for the Step-Up program.

I'm hoping that they're only saying that to legally cover their asses, and they're planning on making it available within the next week at the latest.  If they seriously wait more than 60 days, that's outright fraud.
    KNClausen
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 07:08:43 (permalink)
    Good to hear that it's up! Can't find it on the EU page, though. :(

Edit: whoops, wrong thread. :D 
    post edited by KNClausen - 2016/05/27 07:10:49
    BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 9988
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 07:15:59 (permalink)
    funny how terms and conditions are always overlooked by people ......

I am  >>NOT< <   a  EVGA Forums Moderator or a EVGA.com  Employee.
    I am only a  "Game Server Admin"
    My posts and are my own and not EVGA's.

Corvonas
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 07:25:17 (permalink)
    T&C's aren't a get out of jail free card for EU law. :P

Aaaanywho.  Seems they are up for Ste-up in the US now.  I tried to step-up from EU but they only have the 980ti and 970 as options.  I called EVGA and spoke to an awesome guy called Wyroda.  He said that there is an issue with the system for EU step-up, but as I called my spot is effectively secure and I am guaranteed the upgrade to a 1080 (I have 2 days remaining on mine).  They'll be in touch when stuff works again.

Time to order my waterblock from EK! <3
    SIDWULF
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 07:27:22 (permalink)
    Corvonas

Aaaanywho.  Seems they are up for Ste-up in the US now.  I tried to step-up from EU but they only have the 980ti and 970 as options.  I called EVGA and spoke to an awesome guy called Wyroda.  He said that there is an issue with the system for EU step-up, but as I called my spot is effectively secure and I am guaranteed the upgrade to a 1080 (I have 2 days remaining on mine).  They'll be in touch when stuff works again.

Hey that's cool, good to hear.
    BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 9988
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 07:31:52 (permalink)
    Corvonas

ya im sure a legal team for a corporation already went over this long ago.The terms and conditions are binding worldwide ,otherwise EVGA would not sell them locally in those regions,this has been discussed many times and it is binding .Terms and conditions are part of the program and cant be discarded from the whole. Congrats on your 1080 tho, im waiting for the TI .

I am  >>NOT< <   a  EVGA Forums Moderator or a EVGA.com  Employee.
    I am only a  "Game Server Admin"
    My posts and are my own and not EVGA's.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102313
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 08:32:18 (permalink)
    We like open opinions but swearing and cursing on our forum is not allowed and such posts will be edited or deleted. Repeat occurrences will result in warnings. I have deleted the offending post.

Remember that many graphics card manufacturers do NOT have any stepup programs.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

KNClausen
    Re: So I'm wondering about the step-up program... 2016/05/27 15:40:09 (permalink)
    rjohnson11

Remember that many graphics card manufacturers do NOT have any stepup programs.

While I agree that swearing and cursing shouldn't be allowed, you really shouldn't be telling us that other manufacturers doesn't have stepup programs. This thread has been about whether or not you would add the cards - as advertised - and I see nothing wrong with that. Most of us bought an EVGA card for the better support and access to the step-up program. We expect you to live up to your advertised claims, and I believe that you focus on that instead of telling me that other companies doesn't offer the same service. I know that. That's why I bought EVGA. 

With that being said, I'm thankful that you added the cards on the first day. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile