EVGA

Single But Not Dead! Time to Move Forward...

Author
knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9430
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
2016/06/28 18:40:03 (permalink)
For those who dont know, I lost my late wife May 1st of Brain Cancer, the cancer took her in less than 6months. Im now back in Arkansas "with family" and have the opportunity to get my CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) paid for here in Central Arkansas, and after one year of paid CNA I have another  opportunity to get my RN, most likely paid for too.

I have no idea on how to be single, not one flipping clue. I havent been single in 20 years. I want to take the next 2-3 years working on getting my RN(registered nurse). Like I said, I have no clue how to be single, I dont want to Date Date, just hang out, I get along with women far better than I do most males, but I dont want to date for at least a year, and give myself time to heal from Loosing Mrs.Michelle.

Once I get my CNA (4weeks), get a myself a small truck, I can get out more, but staying at my parents sucks eggs, but Im slowly adjusting.
After the crap I went through in Colorado Im not very trusting, and prob have more walls up vsmy normal. I know I need to get out more, once Im working and back in school Im sure Ill be doing better. But its the now, I need to get through, I want to hang out (Not date) but I have no clue, I dont like the online dating thing, I dont drink (besides coffee) or smoke, there has to be a better way for me to transitoin into the single life, which I always hated being single to begin with, but was blessed with such a badazz super-girl mrs.michelle....

Where do I start?

Some hobbies:
Writing
Game delv
Modeling & Animation
Want to learn the Guitar
Love cooking for others
Drawing "pencil"
Hanging out with friends, but need to make local friends first

post edited by knightsilver - 2016/06/28 18:53:02

8 Replies Related Threads

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Single But Not Dead! Time to Move Forward... 2016/06/28 19:46:19 (permalink)
    Just be you man and let yourself be vulnerable without walls up. After the hell my ex wife tried putting me through I just wanted to be alone.....forever. Then I relaxed, chilled out, and then met the love of my life. It's one of those things, it happens when you aren't looking.

Sorry for your loss and I wish you all the best man.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Single But Not Dead! Time to Move Forward... 2016/06/28 20:06:07 (permalink)
    I was just so use, to caring for her, I didnt know how to put myself first.

Anyways, I want to get out more, and Im slowly getting there.  I go out this weekend to my 2nd Mom's, She kjust lost her husband(was like a Dad to me) to cancer too, be nice to see her family I havent seen in 10 years.

I love the outdoors, so after things cool down some i can start hiking/backpacking again. I havent been to a bar since i was 21, and could care less about the bar/club seen.....
    post edited by knightsilver - 2016/06/28 20:08:52
    Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2233
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Single But Not Dead! Time to Move Forward... 2016/06/28 20:13:17 (permalink)
    Learn to love yourself first. I have always used the philosophy that in order to love others you must love yourself. Be comfortable about who you are. It seems you have a plan, actually a good one. Most good things happen in life when you least expect them. I love my wife, but I was fine by myself before we met. I enjoy spending time alone, but enjoy time with her. There will always be a place in your heart for your Super Girl Michelle. Another will come by, but they will never replace her, they cannot. The good ones understand that, go and do great things. The rest will follow. If you ever need help finding a job in health care being a CNA or an RN, send me a PM and I will help, as I have worked in that field for most of my career. Good luck my friend.

agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8248
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: Single But Not Dead! Time to Move Forward... 2016/06/28 20:18:36 (permalink)
    Freakin cancer man... I swear that's the worst. Really sorry to hear. One day at a time. I just lost my uncle last week to cancer and a few months before that, my grandmother to cancer. Sounds like you have a good plan. Just take things slow and don't let anyone pressure you. Guitar is really fun and writing songs helped me through a lot of times in my life.
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Single But Not Dead! Time to Move Forward... 2016/06/28 20:22:14 (permalink)
    Id never try to replace Michelle, but I can hope for a sweet and sassy girl when that time comes.

I just want some good friends right now, hopefully a BFF/GF down the road, the only way I want to go now, you can learn and enjoy eachother so much more and deeper, when you put ur friendship first.

Edit: Any good ways to learn the guitar without a one-on-one teacher? And a decent elec guitar would cost for a starter? Down the road, make my own elec guitar......

Yo Nate, how about I send you cad drawing of a guitar base!!! Hell, maybe Ill build myself some drums as well, laughs........

post edited by knightsilver - 2016/06/29 13:01:20
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Single But Not Dead! Time to Move Forward... 2016/06/28 20:48:59 (permalink)
    Dude, ya got some buckets?

Nozler
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2043
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Single But Not Dead! Time to Move Forward... 2016/06/28 21:47:33 (permalink)
    I hear ya. I'd Muse but prob get banned again. I lost my son this year, my friend. Without Love there is nothing.
    My prayers to your empty Heart Gat

heatware

agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8248
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: Single But Not Dead! Time to Move Forward... 2016/06/28 21:50:14 (permalink)
    I was self taught with guitar, bass and drums. I kinda wish I would have had lessons when I was young because it probably would have saved me some time and I would have done things correctly. With that being said, I can't say much for how to learn but I have heard some good things about rocksmith. While that drummer above is impressive, there are little kids that would blow your mind that are way better.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile