Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
dave851
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1696
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
2014/10/10 23:46:52 (permalink)
Alright, this is my first guide ever being posted on a forum, so be nice . I will try to keep this updated as MinerControl gets updated. Initially this guide will not cover cudaMiner, because for one it hasn't been very profitable to mine any of the algorithms it contains. Second because Norton being annoying and keeps removing the exe on me so that makes it a little hard. 

Things to download with links:
MinerControl - link -> this is the forum post that contains the download link, when you click on it, it will bring you to github, the green button with the filename ending .zip is the zip file you want.
ccMiner - link -> Same as above, download link is called Windows Binaries, once on github, your looking for the green button with the .7z extension. 

Step 1) Unzip both folders and put them somewhere you'll remember, these programs simply run, there is no install process. 

Step 2) Before anything can be configured here, you need a bitcoin wallet with a bitcoin address, there are more then one of them out there. I've been using blockchain as with its optional two-factor authentication and google authentication, it seems pretty secure and reliable. However in this area all that is important is that you have a bit-coin wallet address, otherwise the pools will not know where to send your bitcoins. 

Step 3)  Now comes the fun parts. In order to keep things simpler in the config file later on, move "ccminer-52.exe" and "msvct120.dll" into the folder that contains the MinerControl exe. This is the folder you unziped labeled MinerControl. Your folder should now look like below, but will not have the error and log text files, those will appear after you start mining. 

Step 4) Now open up MinerControl.CONF with your favorite text editor. This is where you tell about yourself. This file is formatted to JSON standards which is well know and if you want to know more you can go google it. For the mostpart, the link above to MinerControl has a good description of the general and algorithms sections. However I will be elaborating more about the services sections. 

Each service support is listed at the top of the thread, you can use as many or as few as you wish. To remove the service, simply delete from the first " in front of the services name, then up to and including the "}," before the next services name. Only special case is the last service in the file should end with just "}", without a comma following. 

NiceHash/Westhash/Yaamp/WafflePool Services

• Note: WafflePool does not have a live api for profits, meaning that what is listed as net profit may not actually be perfectly accurate, the others are live and net profits will be much more accurate.
    • account - your bitcoin wallet address
    • worker -  can be anything, some of the services will use this as an identification tag. Can be set to different names on different computers so you can see the output of each computer if you wish. This is more important with trademybit, and its purpose will be clearer there.
    • weight - this is optional and does not have to be present. When present, the net profit will be multiplied by this number. It can be used to set prefences, for example, Nicehash and WestHash both pay the same, the difference is mainly the location of server. So if you are in USA, you can put a weight of 0.9 on Nicehash, this will cause MinerControl to use Westhash whenever possible, as its net pay will now always be higher, they both have the same base payout but NiceHash is only reported to have 0.9 of its true net profit to MinerControl. 
    • param1, param2, param3 - these are used as placeholders, so whenever you see _PARAM1_ later in the service, it is replaced with what is after "param1": , everything but the algos sections follow this rule as well. 

Now for the algos section of the service, these lines determine what algorithms are available, they can be removed and added the same way services can be. To remove an algorithm to prevent MinerControl from using that algorithm with that service, simply remove the entire line, noting that the last algorithm should not have a "," after the "}" at the end of its line.

• Folder - Since we have moved ccMiner into the MinerControl folder, this should be blank, or "folder": ""
    • command - this is the name of the exe of the miner, in the case of using ccMiner, it will look like this, "command": "ccminer-52.exe"
    • arguments - these miners are launched though command prompt, and can take options like other command prompt applications, this is where they go. Note that this users _PARAM1_ and then the algorithm name after it. The algorithm name is needed because at the end of the provided param1, it has -a with nothing after it, this is the option that sets the algorithm of the miner, so when the program replaces _PARAM1_ with param1, you get something like the following, note the space after _PARAM1_, it is important:
      • "_PARAM1_ x11" -> "-q -r 3 -R 10 -a x11"
      • Note: there is a readme file inside the ccMiner folder that will explain in detail all these options, but for a a single gpu config, the example param1 below will work without modifications.
Now TradeMyBit is a little different from the others. It does need most of the same setting settings, with a few extra's since this is not a anonymous service. 

• First thing to do is create a account with TradeMyBit. Once you have your account goto the "Getting started" tab on the left side. 
    • Skip down to step 4, where it has the server list. Pick the correct server for your location, and put into param2. Example for US east coast user below 
      • "param2": "stratum+tcp://east01.us.trademybit.com",
    • Now goto the workers tab on the left, and add a worker by typing in the box some form of name/tag/ect. It does not matter what it is.
      • Now in the config file, put the exact same name in the "worker" section, passwords do not matter however. 
    • Now goto setting -> account page, under where it lists your username, it will have your API key, copy this into the "apikey" section of the config file. 
    • Ports are already handled in the config file provided
    • Now in the config file, put in your login name for the site after "account"

Putting it all Together

Below is an example config file explained in detail. Anything following a "//" is not part of this file, it is there only for explanation purposes.

{
  "general": {
         "power": 0.12,                     //Cost of electricy in kW/h
          "exchange": 365,                //Unimportant, last update makes the program update this value anyways, but if this lines not here it will crash, can be any number
          "currencycode": "USD",       //Currency to display balence in. There's not a list of supported currencys, but I would suspect USD/EURO
          "mintime": 5,                     //Minimum time to spend mining on a particular "slot", miners have a spin up time if you will, aka mining for 25 seconds for example will get you nothing.
          "maxtime": 180,                //Maximum time to spend mining on a particular "slot"
          "switchtime": 5,         //Time the program waits to switch to a new slot when the current slot is not longer the most profitable. If your miner is switching to fast all the time, it will reduce profits 
          "deadtime": 10,         //Time the program waits after a slot fails/errors before considering running it again. 
          "logerrors": true,       //Logs errors in a txt file
          "gridsortmode": 2,     //0 = never sort price grid, 1 = sort when in auto mode, 2 = sort whenever prices update
          "minerkillmode": 1,    //0 = kill single process, 1 = kill process tree
          "traymode": 0,           //0=don't minimize to tray, 1 = minimize to tray and hide miner after starting while minimized, 2 = minimize to tray and start miners hidden while minimized
          "donationpercentage": 2,       //Percentage to donate to creator of MinerControl
          "donationfrequency": 240      //How often donate, in minutes
},
"algorithms": [
        { "name": "x11", "hashrate": 7200, "power": 170 },  //Algorithms you wish to support and hashrate/power use,
        { "name": "x13", "hashrate": 5950, "power": 170 },  //For power use you will need a kilowatt meter, and take the difference from idle and mining in watts
        { "name": "x15", "hashrate": 5350, "power": 170 },
        { "name": "nist5", "hashrate": 27500, "power": 230 }
    ],
 "westhash": {
        "account": "YOUR BIT COIN WALLET ADDRESS HERE",
        "worker": "1",
        "param1": "-q -r 3 -R 10 -a",                                    // Options for ccMiner, this must end in -a, these options are detailed in the readme inside the ccMiner folder.
        "param2": "stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com",   //Server name of pool
        "algos": [
            { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:3336 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p d=0.08" }, 
                            //This is going to be a little bit technical, you have been warned.  
                            //All words formated like "_XXXXXX_" will be replaced with what is listed above under there sections. So the line above will actually read like this when it is executed: 
                            //ccminer-52.exe -q -r 3 -R 10 -a x11 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3336 -u YOURBITCOINWALLETADDRESSHERE.1 -p d=0.08 
                            //Replaced values are in bold
            { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:3337 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p d=0.08" },
            { "algo": "x15", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x15 -o _PARAM2_:3340 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p d=0.08" },
            { "algo": "nist5", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ nist5 -o _PARAM2_:3339 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p d=0.08" }
        ]
    }, 
"trademybit": {
        "apikey": "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",  //API key from your settings -> account page
        "account": "YourName",                                                                                               //Name you use to log into site
        "worker": "YourWorker",                                                                                              //The workers name that you created
        "param1": "-q -r 3 -R 10 -a",
        "param2": "stratum+tcp://east01.us.trademybit.com",  
            { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:4440 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p x" }, 
               //This is going to be a little bit technical, you have been warned.  
               //All words formated like "_XXXXXX_" will be replaced with what is listed above under there sections. So the line above will actually read like this when it is executed: 
               //ccminer-52.exe -q -r 3 -R 10 -a x11 -o stratum+tcp://east01.us.trademybit.com:4440 -u YourName.YourWorker -p d=0.08 
               //Replaced values are in bold 
            { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:5550 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p x" },
            { "algo": "x15", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x15 -o _PARAM2_:6660 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p x" },
            { "algo": "nist5", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ nist5 -o _PARAM2_:7770 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p x" }
       ]
    },
"nicehash": {                                                                           //Same as Westhash other then "weight"
        "weight": 0.90,                                                                //This can be added/removed from any service, if you are in EU, then this line should instead be in the westhash section.
        "param2": "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com",
           { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:3336 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p d=0.08" },
           { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:3337 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p d=0.08" },
          { "algo": "x15", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x15 -o _PARAM2_:3340 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p d=0.08" },
          { "algo": "nist5", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ nist5 -o _PARAM2_:3339 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p d=0.08" }
          ]
      },
"yaamp": {                                                                            //Same as WestHash
        "param2": "stratum+tcp://yaamp.com",
           { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:3533 -u _ACCOUNT_ -p _WORKER_"},
           { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:3633 -u _ACCOUNT_ -p _WORKER_"},
           { "algo": "x15", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x15 -o _PARAM2_:3733 -u _ACCOUNT_ -p _WORKER_"},
           { "algo": "nist5", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ nist5 -o _PARAM2_:3833 -u _ACCOUNT_ -p _WORKER_"}
           ]
      }
}

Note: This config file does not have wafflepool listed because of its lack of live api.

All you have to do now it run the MinerControl.exe, and hit auto to let it pick the most profitable algorithm on the best service.

Now if you when you first open up MinerControl and it crashes, it means your config file its not formatted correctly. If you run into this, feel free to post your Config file in this thread and I will help you sort it out. 

Pool Information

WestHash/NiceHash - Both are the same pool, just different regions, Westhash is for USA area, NiceHash is for EU areas, payouts are the same as are profits. There are four payouts a day, the first three you need to have greater then 0.04 btc to qualify for a payout to your btc wallet. The fourth you only need 0.004 to qualify. They  also do a once weekly(they don't say what day) payout for anyone above 0.0001 btc.

YAAMP - There is one payout per day and you need to be over 0.001 to qualify. The once weekly payout is for anyone above 0.0001 and occurs on Sunday. 

TradeMyBit - This is not an anonymous pool, and does not pay out automatically by default.

How to set-up automatic exchange to BTC and payouts on TradeMyBit:

This section assumes that you already have a valid bitcoin address/wallet and account. 

Step 1) Go to settings -> account. Copy and paste in your bitcoin wallet address in the field labeled BTC address. Don't forget to hit update account.

Step 2) Go to setting -> payout. Click on edit payout settings, then under Updare All Coins Auto-Exchannge, click enable all. Make sure the drop down menu, "Default Auto-Exchange to On for new coins" to the right is set to yes. Then enter your pin and hit update. 

Auto-Exchange balances are paid daily around 9pm EST to people with more then 0.01 btc. Manual payouts can be requested under Stats & Info -> auto exchange, anything lower than 0.01BTC will be required to pay the transaction fee of 0.0001 btc upon manual request.

Note: Not all coins can be auto-exchanged, but the majority can be. 

Manual or mixed Exchange/Payouts on TradeMyBit 

• For any coin you wish to receive the coin itself, turn off the auto-exchange and enter in the wallet address for that coin
  • Set the payout threshold to the amount you wish to payout to your wallet at. Keep in mind every time this happens, there is a transaction fee. So the higher you set it, you get paid less frequent but do not pay as much in transaction fees. 
Anything set to Auto-Change will follow the same rules as listed in the section above.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own nor have written and of these tools, this guide is meant to supplement the posts in the thread linked above labeled MinerControl. 

I am open to suggestions for this. I know I was a little lost for a little bit and there's not to much easy accessible information about this tool.  
post edited by dave851 - 2014/10/11 15:40:32

59 Replies Related Threads

kalen37
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 305
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 10:39:48 (permalink)
    Thanks Dave. Really appreciate it. Working through it now. But yikes!

I guess we just delete the nicehash portion
    post edited by kalen37 - 2014/10/11 10:44:48

Do I look like a mushroom?.
    No, then why do you keep me in the dark?.

An informed consumer is a happy one.
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 11:36:22 (permalink)
    OK, getting errors. I think I know whats wrong but before I make mass changes please check it out and verify.

actual line
    { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "-q -r 3 -R 10 -a" x11 -o  "stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com",:3336 -u accountnumber.Doug1-p d=0.08" },

so I defined my worker as Doug1
    What qoute marks go and what stay? Could you take the above and make it EXACTLY as it should be in the conf file?

dave851
    FTW Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 13:12:58 (permalink)
    Well you don't have to delete the other services, and what I posted was more of a snip-it then the full config. I'll go clear that up. It is recommended to have both westhash/nicehash, in case one goes down you can still use the other. Just remember to put a lower weight(0.9 or so) on the one that is not in your region. 

As far as what you posted, you don't really need to replace _PARAM1_ and those guys, the program knows to substitute in param1, same with the others. I included that full line just in case you wanted to actully see what it was doing, since all these miners are launched though command prompt. 
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 13:18:57 (permalink)
    well I keep getting

Type: ArgumentException
    Message: Invalid object passed in, ':' or '}' expected. (1007): {

And I'm trying to figure out where the error is

dave851
    FTW Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 13:43:39 (permalink)
    Updated post with a full config example. You want to use the line

{ "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:4440 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p x" },

In your algorithm sections and make sure the settings for the service listed above this line are set up correctly. You don't need to edit every line in the algorithm section. Thats what the options abovr it are for, you change them, and it plugs in the new value into the algorithm while the program is running (it will not modify the txt file)
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 13:44:37 (permalink)
    ok have the error down to

so it doesn't like the following
                 { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": ccminer-52.exe -q -r 3 -R 10 -a  x11 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3336 -u  walletaddress.Doug1-p d=0.08 },

dave851
    FTW Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 13:49:43 (permalink)
    kalen37
    ok have the error down to

so it doesn't like the following
                 { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": ccminer-52.exe -q -r 3 -R 10 -a  x11 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3336 -u  walletaddress.Doug1-p d=0.08 },

try 

For this to work you will need param1, param2, ect set corretly

EDIT: also wallet address aren't like passwords, with just a wallet address all someone can really do it send bitcoins to it. Which will just give bitcoins to you. 
    post edited by dave851 - 2014/10/11 13:52:11
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 14:07:09 (permalink)
    dave851

try 

For this to work you will need param1, param2, ect set corretly

EDIT: also wallet address aren't like passwords, with just a wallet address all someone can really do it send bitcoins to it. Which will just give bitcoins to you. 

LOL. I know, naturally paranoid *G*

So all that time I wasted redoing it and it was just a matter of replacing the variable you indicated...

dave851
    FTW Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 14:16:50 (permalink)
    Yea the program will replace them for you, I just added that bit in case anyone wanted to go though the readme file and look into what the program is calling. Its more for people that have been mining using windows batch files / command prompt. If you read though the readme and match up that long command for ccminer, you could easly see how/why the script name needs to be after param1 with one space, why -a needs to be the very end of of the param1. What its using for names/server and all that fun stuff. 

EDIT: I'm going to update the OP to include information about the pools/payouts, they don't all act the same and it was a lot of google-ing. May as well round it all up in one place.
    post edited by dave851 - 2014/10/11 14:19:19
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 15:02:51 (permalink)
    man. I made the changes and it actually ran for a few minutes then it switched to another algo and all of a sudden goes back to the test conf....and yes I saved my changes *G*
     Now I can't get it to run again....geeez 

dave851
    FTW Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 15:15:58 (permalink)
    kalen37
    man. I made the changes and it actually ran for a few minutes then it switched to another algo and all of a sudden goes back to the test conf....and yes I saved my changes *G*

As in the file changed or did you get the test miner?
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 15:20:34 (permalink)
    dave851
    kalen37

As in the file changed or did you get the test miner?

It went to the test miner, then I brought up the .conf file to see what was causing it everything was default again.

kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 15:30:13 (permalink)
    HERE'S THE ERROR
    10/11/2014 5:26:25 PM
    ----------------------------------------------
    Type: NullReferenceException
    Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Stack trace: at MinerControl.Services.YaampService.ProcessBalances(Object jsonData)
    at MinerControl.Utility.WebUtil.DownloadJsonComplete(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)

and here's the yaamp section

"yaamp": {
    "account": "14pZvGeJZ5J3SvtgTBtCHszRbxoNTKNeyW",
    { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:3533 -u _ACCOUNT_ -p _WORKER_"},
    { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:3633 -u _ACCOUNT_ -p _WORKER_"},
    { "algo": "x15", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x15 -o _PARAM2_:3733 -u _ACCOUNT_ -p _WORKER_"},
    { "algo": "nist5", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ nist5 -o _PARAM2_:3833 -u _ACCOUNT_ -p _WORKER_"}
    ]
    }
    }

dave851
    FTW Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 15:48:15 (permalink)
    kalen37
    HERE'S THE ERROR
    Stack trace: at MinerControl.Services.YaampService.ProcessBalances(Object jsonData)
    at MinerControl.Utility.WebUtil.DownloadJsonComplete(Object sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)

]
    }
    }

That very last "}" will represent the end of the file to the program, so if there is anything after it that's your problem. If its not the very last item, remove the last "}" and place a "," after the remaining "}"
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 15:52:53 (permalink)
    dave851
    kalen37
    HERE'S THE ERROR

]
    }
    }

That very last "}" will represent the end of the file to the program, so if there is anything after it that's your problem. If its not the very last item, remove the last "}" and place a "," after the remaining "}"

That was the very last. Did as you suggested and still get same error

]
    },

dave851
    FTW Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 15:59:47 (permalink)
    Post or attach the entire config. That section looks fine so the problem might be elsewhere. 
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 16:01:25 (permalink)
    {
    "power": 0.10,
    "exchange": 500,
    "currencycode": "USD",
    "mintime": 4,
    "maxtime": 30,
    "switchtime": 3,
    "deadtime": 10,
    "logerrors": true,
    "gridsortmode": 1,
    "minerkillmode": 1,
    "traymode": 1,
    "donationpercentage": 2,
    "donationfrequency": 240
    },
    { "name": "x11", "hashrate": 5251, "power": 49 },
    { "name": "x13", "hashrate": 4024, "power": 49 },
    { "name": "x15", "hashrate": 3270, "power": 52 },
    { "name": "nist5", "hashrate": 15682, "power": 54 },
    ],
    "nicehash": {
    "weight": 0.75,
    "PARAM1": "-q -r 3 -R 10 -a",
    "PARAM2": "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com",
    { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:3336 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" },
    { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:3337 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" },
    { "algo": "x15", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x15 -o _PARAM2_:3340 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" },
    { "algo": "nist5", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ nist5 -o _PARAM2_:3339 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" },
    }
    ]
    },
    "weight": 0.90,
    "PARAM2": "stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com",
    { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:3336 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" },
    { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:3337 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" },
    { "algo": "x15", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x15 -o _PARAM2_:3340 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" },
    { "algo": "nist5", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ nist5 -o _PARAM2_:3339 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" },
    ]
    },
    "apikey": "sensitive?",
    "account": "Doug",
    "PARAM2": "stratum+tcp://east01.us.trademybit.com",
    { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:4440 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p x" },
    { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:5550 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p x" },
    { "algo": "x15", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x15 -o _PARAM2_:6660 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p x" },
    { "algo": "nist5", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ nist5 -o _PARAM2_:7770 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p x" },
    }
    ]
    },
    "PARAM2": "stratum+tcp://yaamp.com",
    ]
    }
    }

_Nite_
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 19175
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 16:05:45 (permalink)
    account name should be doug.1 for trademybit :)

or you can enable autoexchange on the trademybit website and use a bitcoin address for it as well for the account.
    post edited by _Nite_ - 2014/10/11 16:09:09

Gaming Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.25Ghz - Asrock B450 Pro 4 - 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000 - 240GB SSD (OS), 1TB ADATA SU800 SSD and 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro M2 NVME (Games) - 8GB RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra - Sound Blaster Audigy 5 RX - EVGA Supernova 750w G2 - Antec 302 - 24" Asus VG248QE

kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 16:26:40 (permalink)
    _Nite_
    account name should be doug.1 for trademybit :)

or you can enable autoexchange on the trademybit website and use a bitcoin address for it as well for the account.

went to trademybit and turned autoexchange on. Changed account to in .conf to bitwallet address. Still have the same null error. Could it be the manual section at the end I deleted causing the problem?

dave851
    FTW Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 16:43:25 (permalink)
    Well I don't know everything about TradeMyBit but I'm set up the same way he has it and mine is working. With the exception that I named my worker something else. A Simple way to test TradeMyBit is once you get MinerControl working, click on start for one of the TradeMyBit services, then go to the site and login. Under the workers tab it will tell you if its online and what hash rate its running at as long as you didn't disable monitoring. 

Also, here is corrected config, you had a few extra "," and "}" sitting around, program will open now. 

{
    "traymode": 1,
    },
    { "name": "nist5", "hashrate": 15682, "power": 54 }
    ],
    "PARAM2": "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com",
    { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:3336 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" },
    { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:3337 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" },
    { "algo": "nist5", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ nist5 -o _PARAM2_:3339 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" }
    ]
    },
    "PARAM2": "stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com",
    { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:3336 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" },
    { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:3337 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" },
    { "algo": "nist5", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ nist5 -o _PARAM2_:3339 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p d=0.08" }
    ]
    },
    "PARAM2": "stratum+tcp://east01.us.trademybit.com",
    { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:4440 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p x" },
    { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:5550 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p x" },
    { "algo": "x15", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x15 -o _PARAM2_:6660 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p x" },
    { "algo": "nist5", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ nist5 -o _PARAM2_:7770 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_-p x" }
    ]
    },
    "PARAM2": "stratum+tcp://yaamp.com",
    ]
    }
    }

EDIT: Fyi TradeMyBit api key does not look to be sensitive, according to there api docs on how to use it, its read only so all they can do is watch. Unless there is undocumented stuff in there.
    post edited by dave851 - 2014/10/11 16:47:07
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 16:54:28 (permalink)
     That got it. Miner control panel comes up. But status comes up as "DEAD" for everything

dave851
    FTW Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 17:36:35 (permalink)
    Well then that took a little bit. Anyway, tested the below with NiceHash, Westhash, and Yaamp. Looks like it works, could not test trademybit because the api keys not here. 

{
            "traymode": 0,
        },
            { "name": "nist5", "hashrate": 15682, "power": 54 }
        ],
            "param2": "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com",
            { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:3336 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p d=0.08" },
            ]
    },
            "param2": "stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com",
                { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:3337 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p d=0.08" },
            ]
        },
            "param2": "stratum+tcp://east01.us.trademybit.com",
                { "algo": "x11", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x11 -o _PARAM2_:4440 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p x" },
                { "algo": "x13", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x13 -o _PARAM2_:5550 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p x" },
                { "algo": "x15", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ x15 -o _PARAM2_:6660 -u _ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p x" },
                { "algo": "nist5", "folder": "", "command": "ccminer-52.exe", "arguments": "_PARAM1_ nist5 -o _PARAM2_:7770 -u_ACCOUNT_._WORKER_ -p x" }
            ]
        },
            ]
        }
    }

I'll spare you the details, but the names are case-sensitive and there was a missing space as well.
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 17:44:56 (permalink)
    man...this sucks.  Still dead thru everything in status. error log has

Type: InvalidOperationException
    Stack trace: at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    at MinerControl.MiningEngine.RunBestAlgo(Boolean isMinimizedToTray)

Thanks for all your help 
    post edited by kalen37 - 2014/10/11 17:47:43

dave851
    FTW Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 18:01:16 (permalink)
    Well, I would say double check all your exe's and dll's are in place. 

Just going to leave this here, thats copied and pasted of the last config i posted, but i did turn on tray mode

EDIT: Don't forget to put back in your trademybit info.
    post edited by dave851 - 2014/10/11 18:07:04
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 18:13:57 (permalink)
    Well in miner control folder I have minercontrol and ccminer-52 and the only dll is msvcr120.dll

And yeah, at first I forgot to change my trademybit info. But filling it in did not change the error.

And I don't know what it could be. I just copied and pasted what you posted. I have no clue.

dave851
    FTW Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 18:26:18 (permalink)
    Is this a crash on start? Try right clock run as admin. 
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 18:32:28 (permalink)
    dave851
    Is this a crash on start? Try right clock run as admin. 

It doesn't crash. The panel comes up and is stable. I click "auto" and each row tries to run, it goes pending then DEAD. All rows go dead and the controlminer sits there. It eventually tries again and goes pending then dead.

kalen37
    iCX Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 19:06:02 (permalink)
    going through the read me for ccminer brings some questions

d = devices as I have 1 gpu but string has d=0.08
    p = password but no password is given in the string

dave851
    FTW Member
    Re: Setting up MinerControl(v1.3) with ccMiner 2014/10/11 22:04:05 (permalink)
    kalen37
    going through the read me for ccminer brings some questions

d = devices as I have 1 gpu but string has d=0.08
    p = password but no password is given in the string

well its a little sneaky. "d" is not for devices, "-d" is, that "-" is critical or the command line won't recognize it as a parameter. So after all -p statements there is some form of sting, most of the time its hardcoded to "x" and other times its d=0.08. Not to sure why he listed it like that so I just left it, but it shouldn't matter it you change d=0.08 to x. 

EDIT: Also note that I am watching your posting on the other thread as I want to know whats going on to. No idea why its trying to mine heavycoins. Also with the api thing, just saying this link to the api page shows the only valid functions are for browing general information(hash rate and bitcoin balances mainly).
    post edited by dave851 - 2014/10/11 22:13:44
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile