EVGA

Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
wildstars
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/08 04:09:11 (permalink)
wingsjerry
It's similar story happened to me today. I got the email from EVGA and said that the corner of motherboard was damaged. However, the motherboard was perfectly like new and I packed really nice by bubble bag inside the hard box with enough protection. The picture they sent to me after more than 6 days they received my motherboard, and the bent of corner is not seem to be damage by mailing but look like damage bent by hand directly. They gave me the option to pay another USD50 for the recertificate one. 

jnohnu12
I had many almost identical incidents from evga though work.
I sent a stuff in for RMA and was told it was damaged, I took photos before hand , but evga clamed it was not from the parts I sent in or shipping damage. Taking photos before hand will only help if you take them to court as evga or any company can blame shipping or state that what you sent is not what the photos are from.

This is starting to look like a pattern of abuse. I found this thread because my wife's GTX 780 died, and she just got an email stating the RMA is being refused due to a bent corner on the PCB, and please fork over $199 to replace it. I personally pulled the card from her system and I know how she over packs things. It would take a lot of very specific and excessive amount of force to damage that PCB edge in that fashion, and the pictures of the box they sent us didn't show anything to indicate that occurred. I didn't think to take crime scene photos of the card and box before shipping it. I frankly wouldn't have purchased a product from a company that has a "the customer is always wrong and guilty until proven innocent" mentality with their RMAs. I thought it it was strange that they instruct you to not package the card in its original packaging. That should have been more of a red flag to me. Its packaging, not the first issue of Superman. Why should I care if I don't get it back?

The package was insured, so there is that. But its going to be a hassle to get the Post Office to pay for this. And, frankly, this smells fishy. I'm not convinced it was damaged in shipping. If I'm not convinced, the Post Office isn't going to be.

Several years ago I had a GTX 570 fail, and I RMA'd it to EVGA and I got a GTX 660 in return. It was not a hassle (other than it was a GTX 660). That's what I expected this time around to. I was dreading my wife getting a 970 in exchange for her failed 780, but at least it would be a functioning card.

I've purchased and recommended EVGA exclusively to friends and family not for their performance. Their video card performance is unexceptional. I've personally purchased and recommended them for their warranty and service. That ends today.

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102427
  • Ribbons : 85
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/08 04:48:34 (permalink)
wildstars
wingsjerry
It's similar story happened to me today. I got the email from EVGA and said that the corner of motherboard was damaged. However, the motherboard was perfectly like new and I packed really nice by bubble bag inside the hard box with enough protection. The picture they sent to me after more than 6 days they received my motherboard, and the bent of corner is not seem to be damage by mailing but look like damage bent by hand directly. They gave me the option to pay another USD50 for the recertificate one. 

jnohnu12
I had many almost identical incidents from evga though work.
I sent a stuff in for RMA and was told it was damaged, I took photos before hand , but evga clamed it was not from the parts I sent in or shipping damage. Taking photos before hand will only help if you take them to court as evga or any company can blame shipping or state that what you sent is not what the photos are from.

This is starting to look like a pattern of abuse. I found this thread because my wife's GTX 780 died, and she just got an email stating the RMA is being refused due to a bent corner on the PCB, and please fork over $199 to replace it. I personally pulled the card from her system and I know how she over packs things. It would take a lot of very specific and excessive amount of force to damage that PCB edge in that fashion, and the pictures of the box they sent us didn't show anything to indicate that occurred. I didn't think to take crime scene photos of the card and box before shipping it. I frankly wouldn't have purchased a product from a company that has a "the customer is always wrong and guilty until proven innocent" mentality with their RMAs. I thought it it was strange that they instruct you to not package the card in its original packaging. That should have been more of a red flag to me. Its packaging, not the first issue of Superman. Why should I care if I don't get it back?

The package was insured, so there is that. But its going to be a hassle to get the Post Office to pay for this. And, frankly, this smells fishy. I'm not convinced it was damaged in shipping. If I'm not convinced, the Post Office isn't going to be.

Several years ago I had a GTX 570 fail, and I RMA'd it to EVGA and I got a GTX 660 in return. It was not a hassle (other than it was a GTX 660). That's what I expected this time around to. I was dreading my wife getting a 970 in exchange for her failed 780, but at least it would be a functioning card.

I've purchased and recommended EVGA exclusively to friends and family not for their performance. Their video card performance is unexceptional. I've personally purchased and recommended them for their warranty and service. That ends today.

I have referred this post to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

wildstars
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/08 07:30:18 (permalink)
rjohnson11

Have I violated evga forum protocol?
lebel
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 224
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/08 07:43:52 (permalink)
wildstars
rjohnson11

No, they are just relaying your comments and concerns on to EVGA direct.

Phanteks Evolve ATX TG / Asus Z170 Pro / I7 6700K delid-Liquid Pro / Corsair H115i push-pull / 32gb Corsair 3000mhz / Asus Strix 1080 A8G / 3 x Samsung Evo 500gb / Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w / ASUS ROG PG279
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/08 07:48:00 (permalink)
wildstars
rjohnson11

I would like to say using a Thread over a year old is, but that is not what rjohnson11 is saying to you.

The "referred" means sending your Post to EVGA Tech Support for Reviewing of your RMA Case.
This is a Open Forum not a Support Forum.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2016/10/08 07:49:47

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

wildstars
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/08 07:55:36 (permalink)
This is the bent corner that was damaged in shipping. This is a resize of the photo evga sent me. That was was too big for the post office to take on their claims form.

I've been working on computers for over thirty years. I have held technical certifications from Apple to Microsoft. I have replaced every imaginable component on Macs, PCs, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, etc. That said, I would not consider myself an expert on PCBs. But, I have a brain and eyes.  I can not see how that damage in that location would have any impact on the cards performance or functionality. It strikes me as a really convenient place to incur superficial warranty voiding damage.

(EDIT: Fixed imaged link, edited one line for clarity)
post edited by wildstars - 2016/10/08 08:25:56
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/08 10:13:40 (permalink)
wildstars
This is the bent corner that was damaged in shipping. This is a resize of the photo evga sent me. That was was too big for the post office to take on their claims form.

I've been working on computers for over thirty years. I have held technical certifications from Apple to Microsoft. I have replaced every imaginable component on Macs, PCs, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, etc. That said, I would not consider myself an expert on PCBs. But, I have a brain and eyes.  I can not see how that damage in that location would have any impact on the cards performance or functionality. It strikes me as a really convenient place to incur superficial warranty voiding damage.

Looks like it was dropped, did you take Photos of the Card before you send it in?
Was your Package Insured?
How well was your Package Packed, did you have 2 or 3 inches all around the card in the Package and was the Card Wrapped in Bubble Wrap?
Also you really should have created your own Thread for this issue.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2016/10/09 07:48:43

lebel
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 224
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/08 10:44:40 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
wildstars

Looks like you dropped it, did you take Photos of the Card before you send it in?
How well was your Package Packed, did you have 2 or 3 inches all around the card in the Package and was the Card Wrapped in Bubble Wrap?

Looks like its been mishandled would be a less inflaming remark? Only the person that did it knowingly truly knows......

Phanteks Evolve ATX TG / Asus Z170 Pro / I7 6700K delid-Liquid Pro / Corsair H115i push-pull / 32gb Corsair 3000mhz / Asus Strix 1080 A8G / 3 x Samsung Evo 500gb / Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w / ASUS ROG PG279
EddieH
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 2016
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/08 10:52:00 (permalink)
Hello wildstars,

Thank you for taking my call this morning.  I am very sorry that our RMA Manager, JaysonC, has not been able to reach out to you due to him being out of the office these past few days.  Rest assured that we will have our upper level Management team review the RMA and follow up with you with a resolution first thing on Monday.  In the mean time if there are any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us via our 24/7 Phone Support 888.881.3482 or email: support@evga.com
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/09 01:04:04 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
wildstars

Looks like you dropped it, did you take Photos of the Card before you send it in?

You have ZERO proof he dropped it, it could of been damaged in shipping or in evga RMA department for all we know. If you need to take pictures before sending in a product for warranty service, that says a lot about how you feel about the company.  Only thing pictures might help you with, is filing insurance claim.  It will do nothing for you, if a company says it "arrived" that way.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/09 07:37:32 (permalink)
Fine MSim Looks like it was dropped, and now leave it alone.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2016/10/09 07:49:28

wildstars
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/12 04:06:06 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Fine  Looks like it was dropped, and now leave it alone.

I didn't drop it. My wife didn't drop it. It wasn't damaged when it was shipped. Yes, it was insured. It was shipped wrapped up in twelve square feet of bubble-wrap. It barely fit in the box. The post office would have had to go to great lengths to damage it in that fashion without significantly damaging the box. EVGA sent us this picture, I guess to indicate that this was how the card was damaged.

Keeping in mind that the card was surrounded by bubble-wrap and dead center in the box.... I figure the post office would need a two foot long quarter inch steel rod, a hammer, an X-Ray machine, and a postal employee dedicated to superficially damaging PCB corners for that to happen.

I'm not going to continue doing business or recommend doing business with a company where any RMA requires that I build a pile of evidence to mount a defense that I didn't ship a damaged card. 

post edited by wildstars - 2016/10/12 04:49:44
wildstars
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/12 04:22:13 (permalink)
EVGATech_EddieH
Hello wildstars,

Thank you for taking my call this morning.  I am very sorry that our RMA Manager, JaysonC, has not been able to reach out to you due to him being out of the office these past few days.  Rest assured that we will have our upper level Management team review the RMA and follow up with you with a resolution first thing on Monday.  In the mean time if there are any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us via our 24/7 Phone Support 888.881.3482 or email:

I was surprised when I got your call on Saturday. Per our conversation, I was expecting a call from somebody at Evga on Monday. I was looking forward to posting something positive here about the situation being resolved. I waited around the house all day on Monday for the call that never came. Monday was a holiday for me, so its not like I was burning leave, but I had things I could have been doing if I wasn't waiting around the house all day for a call that never came.  No call yesterday either. Yesterday evening my wife received replies to emails she sent on Friday. I am disappointed to say that the call now seems like it was just lip service. It did not seem like it at the time, the person who called seemed very professional and sincere. But talk is just talk, even less so when the simplest commitment to return a call isn't met.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102427
  • Ribbons : 85
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/12 05:21:05 (permalink)
wildstars
EVGATech_EddieH
Hello wildstars,

Thank you for taking my call this morning.  I am very sorry that our RMA Manager, JaysonC, has not been able to reach out to you due to him being out of the office these past few days.  Rest assured that we will have our upper level Management team review the RMA and follow up with you with a resolution first thing on Monday.  In the mean time if there are any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us via our 24/7 Phone Support 888.881.3482 or email:

I was surprised when I got your call on Saturday. Per our conversation, I was expecting a call from somebody at Evga on Monday. I was looking forward to posting something positive here about the situation being resolved. I waited around the house all day on Monday for the call that never came. Monday was a holiday for me, so its not like I was burning leave, but I had things I could have been doing if I wasn't waiting around the house all day for a call that never came.  No call yesterday either. Yesterday evening my wife received replies to emails she sent on Friday. I am disappointed to say that the call now seems like it was just lip service. It did not seem like it at the time, the person who called seemed very professional and sincere. But talk is just talk, even less so when the simplest commitment to return a call isn't met.

I have referred this to EVGA today

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
RMA Management
  • Total Posts : 1461
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/10/12 07:44:33 (permalink)
wildstars
EVGATech_EddieH
Hello wildstars,

Hello wildstars,

I do apologize for any delays and inconveniences rendered with this recent RMA and look forward to working with you on this.  I recently sent you a follow-up status regarding the damage on your RMA a look forward to hearing back from you.  I will as well reach out to you once again to ensure we have this resolved for you.

Thank you for your patience.
Best Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile