EVGA

*STEP-UP QUESTION WITH GTX 970*

Author
ArmaMaster
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/21 09:20:23 (permalink)
So I've been having problems with my brand new GTX 970 and I've decided to return it....but I saw the Step-Up program and I was wondering if you returned or did an RMA, would EVGA let me do a step-up for free because of all the hassle and trouble of dealing with the card? Or do I still have to pay?

6 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: *STEP-UP QUESTION WITH GTX 970* 2015/05/21 09:29:14 (permalink)
    Usually you still pay, but if you are with 30 days, they may replace your card with a new one. If you RMA or step up, you can not return or step up again.

Furthermore, if you do RMA and decide to step up, you should be able to step on within the 90 day window as well, if I remember correct.
    ArmaMaster
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: *STEP-UP QUESTION WITH GTX 970* 2015/05/21 09:37:09 (permalink)
    Ok. thanks for the quick reply,, and I bought my card on Monday, May 18th, and I'm wondering if instead of getting a replacement card because I don't want another 970 could they still do the step-up, without having to pay extra because of the trouble. I don't want to have to deal with another card like this and I still don't like the VRAM issue, I keep thinking about it and its bothering me. I'm just wondering so I can decide if I want to go get a refund or just do the RMA with EVGA.

EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: *STEP-UP QUESTION WITH GTX 970* 2015/05/21 14:38:58 (permalink)
    An RMA process will issue a replacement card of the same model. Keep in mind though if you have the same issues with a replacement and your original one passes testing it may not be the card being the root of the issue. 

Step up program is optional and would allow you to upgrade to the next step up in performance by paying the difference
    If you have the option to return the card and purchase a higher performing card then this would be a much quicker and stream line method. 

flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 123
    Re: *STEP-UP QUESTION WITH GTX 970* 2015/05/21 15:00:36 (permalink)
    >>
    and I still don't like the VRAM issue
    >>

I don't "like" the Vram issue either but it's a total non-issue for games or whatever. You bet I am glad I got this card and not an A[censored]D card. "Upgrading" to a much more expensive GTX 980 because of the Vram issue I don't see as too smart, at least not before 6GB GTX 980 TI come out. What will you gain? Like 10% more?
    You know there is REAL problems and then there are "theoretical problems". What counts for me is that the card performs awesome in all current games, GTA V etc. and not that it "only" has 3.5 "performant" memory. In two years, no-one will give a PLEEP about 4GB video memory anyway..and up until then, this is a good card, if not the best for your money RIGHT NOW. I am not saying this because NV pays me or something, but because it's simply the truth.

** Edit: What are you actually talking about? "A StepUp without paying money?" Do I read this right you think you will get a GTX 980 for the price of a GTX 970? And how many "hassle and trouble" did you have..you *just* got the card on Monday?? If there is any hassle and trouble and it's really the card, then RMA it.
    post edited by flexy123 - 2015/05/21 15:06:35
    Squall_Rinoa86
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1735
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: *STEP-UP QUESTION WITH GTX 970* 2015/05/21 21:46:35 (permalink)
    flexy123
    >>
    >>

I don't "like" the Vram issue either but it's a total non-issue for games or whatever. You bet I am glad I got this card and not an A[censored]D card. "Upgrading" to a much more expensive GTX 980 because of the Vram issue I don't see as too smart, at least not before 6GB GTX 980 TI come out. What will you gain? Like 10% more?
    You know there is REAL problems and then there are "theoretical problems". What counts for me is that the card performs awesome in all current games, GTA V etc. and not that it "only" has 3.5 "performant" memory. In two years, no-one will give a PLEEP about 4GB video memory anyway..and up until then, this is a good card, if not the best for your money RIGHT NOW. I am not saying this because NV pays me or something, but because it's simply the truth.

** Edit: What are you actually talking about? "A StepUp without paying money?" Do I read this right you think you will get a GTX 980 for the price of a GTX 970? And how many "hassle and trouble" did you have..you *just* got the card on Monday?? If there is any hassle and trouble and it's really the card, then RMA it.

you pay the difference and wait generally a week and 1/2 to get the upgrade which will be a new sealed product.

Whatever you paid for your card will be taken off the upgrade card price than you pay remaining balance plus shipping your card back to them.

I've used this once in the past when I stepped up from a GTX 465 to a 560 GTX Ti.

Tho I absolutely missed my 465 GTX after I stepped up, it was worth the difference. (Blower style is so much better than ACX)

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    My Affiliate Code: AN1FW0VMG6
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: *STEP-UP QUESTION WITH GTX 970* 2015/05/22 03:31:17 (permalink)
    flexy123
    >>
    >>

For what it's worth, many people showed me the Firestrike and 3dfurmark scores comparing 2 970's with 1 980, with the 980 right behind 2 970's. 2 980's are shown to kill 2 970's, even 3 970's. It's worth the upgrade. I was very very scepticle making this decision (when i was considering 3 970's).

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile