EVGA

SR-X RMA

Author
razorbackzz
  • Total Posts : 84
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/11/25 19:49:00 (permalink)
Really Not Happy! had to RMA my Board because of errors. I get back from you guys that the CPU Sockets are damaged and you wont fix my board.
Why the hell would i damage my board and pay to send it back to be fixed!. Really not happy with this crap and considering i have been a long time user only to get shafted!

Seriously considering changing from you guys i have lost a lot of faith on EVGA's products.

Considering the first board i paid for when they came out for over $1000 was DOA and instead of waiting i got another one whist that board was RMA.
what the hell is wrong with you guys seriously!.

post edited by XrayMan - 2014/11/25 19:53:12

21 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/11/25 19:54:09 (permalink)

1) Had to edit title for language.

2) Moving to the Warranty section so you can get help faster.

3) I will try, and contact someone for you.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Gomez99
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2637
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/11/26 17:59:04 (permalink)
    Probably damaged during shipping, start a claim with carrier if insured. This is also a good reason to take pictures of socket(s) before shipping

razorbackzz
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/11/26 22:42:42 (permalink)
    so can i get help with this rma

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/11/27 15:35:16 (permalink)
    razorbackzz
    so can i get help with this rma

I tried to find someone, but since it's the holidays, I haven't been able to. Just need more time. Thanks.

They will be back Saturday 11/29/14. Evga is on holiday schedule until then.

post edited by XrayMan - 2014/11/28 19:18:50

&nbsp
    BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3797
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/11/27 17:58:12 (permalink)
    Are you sure you didn't acidentally damage sockets?

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

razorbackzz
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/11/28 00:16:35 (permalink)
    im 100% positive i did not i removed all the board inspected the board placed the cpu covers over the sockets and packed it all back it the original box and in all shock plastic and make sure it was secure for shipment. i have many pc's here from x58 evga 4way to the x99 boards im not new to this and have been building system since i was 6 years old. i know i take extreme care with my stuff. hence why i have so many pc's

razorbackzz
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/11/30 22:38:02 (permalink)
    i have sent a few emails asking what is happening with my board with no reply. its been a few weeks now since i sent it can i get some help here! i really need this functioning back on my server

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/02 20:42:10 (permalink)

Can an Evga Tech please help out this member? Thanks.

&nbsp
    razorbackzz
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/02 22:10:06 (permalink)
    please let me know whats going on guys.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/03 06:57:15 (permalink)
    Even if you took 20 pictures with 20x zoom before you sent the product in for RMA service. They would still put the blame on you for any damage. Any time you send in a product for RMA service, you better insure it for max value just to be safe. That would be well worth the extra few dollars in shipping cost.

razorbackzz
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/03 23:40:00 (permalink)
    still does not help that i have no reply for weeks from evga it is a joke really.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/04 00:06:40 (permalink)
    When was the last support ticket submitted, and have you tried calling them lately? It is hard for them to avoid the phone. I really hope you get help soon.

May I ask which location you are in? I can't see through mobile application.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/05 01:52:35 (permalink)

UPDATE: It's been determined the OP damaged the board, therefore the board cannot be RMA'd. Don't damage the board then try to get a warranty exchange. Lesson learned.           

&nbsp
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/05 04:21:05 (permalink)
    XrayMan

UPDATE: It's been determined the OP damaged the board, therefore the board cannot be RMA'd. Don't damage the board then try to get a warranty exchange. Lesson learned.           

I have seen this scenario play out before.. It actually wasn't too long ago. OP, if they are offering you a fair deal on a replacement, I suggest taking it.

This is one of those posts will never hear the full truth about, but hopefully it ends well with the news coming out.
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/05 05:21:18 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    XrayMan

I have seen this scenario play out before.. It actually wasn't too long ago. OP, if they are offering you a fair deal on a replacement, I suggest taking it.

This is one of those posts will never hear the full truth about, but hopefully it ends well with the news coming out.

Yeah, unfortunately this seems to be a theme lately. Maybe its time to put a forum post sticky up to try and put a stop to doing said things and how your going to look when you def get caught, cause everyone gets caught. I know Jayson C put a sticky about stuff arriving damaged because its shipped inadequately but maybe its time a forum member just puts a sticky up addressing the theft by deception factor specifically and how it makes you look bad, wastes your time, money and effort along with EVGA and us in the community trying to help you. It just hurts everyone all the way around and evga as a business really cant put up a sticky themselves like that without people taking offense,so it will def have to be a member here. Sometimes, with some people, they dont understand unless you put it in very certain, plain language. If your one of those people, and your reading this, you will get caught. Don't try it. We have seen it time and time again. Evga is a very forgiving and easy company to work with. If you are truthful,do the right thing and act respectful they may just surprise you and go waaayyy above the call of duty to take care of you! That's happened quite a few times. :)

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    razorbackzz
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/06 00:39:53 (permalink)
    its really does not matter what i say about the board they swear i damaged the board. why would i waste my money to send it to them to have it RMA if i did the damage. any i do  not really care given that this is the really the third SRX i have paid for since my first one came DOA. that was RMA and was changed from the start but i did buy a new one to use instead of the two month wait on first RMA. countless dollars spend for a board that is really poor anyway. Oh well not going to bother wasting time buying more evga products so decided to get Asus Rampage V board instead with 5960x. it was time for an upgrade anyway and given the long history of problems the SRX has given with total lack of support i will not recommend them to anyone.

As for so called getting caught look at the video i posted that they sent me as i can see total lack of proper handling of people equipment for so called fragile equipment. 

Good one guys and good luck to you will not bother to waste another $ on your products.
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/06 23:09:08 (permalink)
    wmmills
    Scarlet-Tech
    XrayMan

Yeah, unfortunately this seems to be a theme lately. Maybe its time to put a forum post sticky up to try and put a stop to doing said things and how your going to look when you def get caught, cause everyone gets caught. I know Jayson C put a sticky about stuff arriving damaged because its shipped inadequately but maybe its time a forum member just puts a sticky up addressing the theft by deception factor specifically and how it makes you look bad, wastes your time, money and effort along with EVGA and us in the community trying to help you. It just hurts everyone all the way around and evga as a business really cant put up a sticky themselves like that without people taking offense,so it will def have to be a member here. Sometimes, with some people, they dont understand unless you put it in very certain, plain language. If your one of those people, and your reading this, you will get caught. Don't try it. We have seen it time and time again. Evga is a very forgiving and easy company to work with. If you are truthful,do the right thing and act respectful they may just surprise you and go waaayyy above the call of duty to take care of you! That's happened quite a few times. :)

Some people might try to pull a fast one but that's not always the case and you know. A product could be damaged in route or caused by a tech and they don't even know they caused the damage. Were human after all and we make mistakes from time to time. 

I'm not bashing evga. This could be said about hardware mfg.

post edited by MSim - 2014/12/06 23:27:42
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/06 23:24:26 (permalink)
    razorbackzz
    its really does not matter what i say about the board they swear i damaged the board. why would i waste my money to send it to them to have it RMA if i did the damage. any i do  not really care given that this is the really the third SRX i have paid for since my first one came DOA. that was RMA and was changed from the start but i did buy a new one to use instead of the two month wait on first RMA. countless dollars spend for a board that is really poor anyway. Oh well not going to bother wasting time buying more evga products so decided to get Asus Rampage V board instead with 5960x. it was time for an upgrade anyway and given the long history of problems the SRX has given with total lack of support i will not recommend them to anyone.

As for so called getting caught look at the video i posted that they sent me as i can see total lack of proper handling of people equipment for so called fragile equipment. 

Good one guys and good luck to you will not bother to waste another $ on your products.

I understand not wanting to deal with it. There are lots of people that openly damage their boards, send them to EVGA in an attempt to get them repaired, and then cry wolf trying to get something free. I have not seen 100% of both sides of the story, so there could always be more than anyone admits going on. I would love to know the full truth, just because I am curious all the time.

The story above, that we mentioned, happened when the user broke a corner of the board. Many pages of pointing fingers at EVGA, and EVGA responded by posting a new picture that was time stamped before the shipping date, where the user had chipped a corner of the board. He tried to divert the attention to the cpu socket, which wasn't the actual reason in total that he was being charged for the RMA. He ended up getting a really good deal from EVGA, and they worked with him to get a darn good price and keep him happy. That isn't required, but if they get called out, they seem to do their best to keep the client's happy.

As for the Rampage V Extreme. I returned my x99 Classified without opening it. I won't purchase a new EVGA motherboard for a while, because of the issues they have had with this platform alone. The RVE is a glorious board to be honest. I am loving it.

MSim

Some people might try to pull a fast one but that's not always the case and you know. A product could be damaged in route or caused by a tech and they don't even know they caused the damage. Were human after all and we make mistakes from time to time. 

I'm not bashing evga. This could be said for about hardware mfg.

I agree with you 100% on this. It isn't always the case at all. I know when I pack my board, I pack them with 2" thick sturdy foam on either side of the board, and make sure it can't move at all.

I will flat out admit, I am not gentle with my stuff all the time. I don't drop it or throw it of anything, but I don't treat it like a newborn baby either.
    razorbackzz
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/07 01:39:35 (permalink)
    I am not to worried about getting it repaired. from the get go i opened the RMA as the board does not post all the time maybe around 30% but it DID work. I just do not like being told they tested the board as i know it was total BS. they just assumed i damaged it and that is that. The Email from them was as follows.

We found CPU0+CPU1 socket many bent pins and Broken pins with your motherboard. 

It causes ram Slots 1&2 will not work

Here are 2 options for you,

1. Return the original board back to you because CPU socket bent pins is physical damage.

2. Pay for repair.  (Replacement CPU0 + CPU1Socket)

We cannot guarantee this is reparable because replacing CPU socket has some risks. PCB might be damaged.

Best regards,
    EVGA

I replied with that i did not damage it ect ect. and asked what was the rate of a good outcome they tell me that best case is 40% 
    now i already know that these odds are a waste of time hence why i am already over the crap and all i sent it in for the problems posting correctly. Thus already making annoyed for a product i have already had multiple times with problem after problem.
    I have already made previous posts to the forum from when this board was released to express my annoyance from this boards failures even though it was hyped up from pre release. 
    Problems from DOA board, Board lack of support, Board just being a real let down ect ect.

I just do not like the fact i was accused of damaging my equipment. Yes it might of been damaged in transit or it may not have. I was sent a video from the RMA them looking at my board and even though it was already poor cam recording it really does not show damage to the board it shows them unboxing the srx in the exact same original boxs as when i bought it. in the original box with all paperwork in static bag all foamed up nice and figured hey if that how they ship it to people i will send it back the same way.

But  I cant be bothered with the blame game here as its just a total waste of everyone's time hence why i just went and got another system, perhaps if i was treated like a customer and not some kind of criminal i would of considered buying another evga product. Given my history with buying many many products from EVGA and although i do not always add them to my warranty list i do buy a lot of product. From the X58 boards and multiple boards of all types of platforms with a large number of video cards from the GTX 480 FTW to the Titan card range. 

But anyway after countless emails to EVGA wondering what is the progress it like finding a needle in a haystack for answers and that just does not seem right to me. 

Anyway all in all i will just put all the remaining components in the pile of other equipment that i leave to retire and just move on with this Rampage V. It has already been a great board to OC and play around with and i honestly cant say i can fault it. 
    Reading reviews from other people on different aspects of many board makers i have decided to go back with Asus and it clear it is a retailer i can trust to give me the support i need and happy to spend my fat stacks of money with.

Sorry just lost my respect for EVGA and their products.

EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2032
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/10 14:32:44 (permalink)
    Dear razorbackzz,

I am very sorry to hear that you had a problem with your product and that it arrived to our Taiwan office physically damaged. I can confirm that our Taiwan office has been trying to work with you through email by offering to repair your motherboard by replacing the physically damaged CPU socket(s) on your product.

Please if you should need additional support, then it is recommended to please respond to the emails that you have received or call our Taiwan office as their contact information is included below to assist.

Tel: +886.2.82262868
    Support email: supportTW@evga.com 
    post edited by EVGATech_ChrisB - 2014/12/10 14:37:37

razorbackzz
    Re: SR-X RMA 2014/12/11 03:32:51 (permalink)
    thanks for the help i have been responding to their emails on a constant basis, i have sent them them same answer on more then several occasions and it seems to fall on deaf ears. 
    i don't know how many times i need to reply to their request with the same answer.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile