[SOLVED] GTX770 + Shuttle SH87R6 in UEFi: not working

Author
gabcac
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/06/07 03:10:58 (permalink)
Hi there :)

I experience an issue with my Shuttle SH87R6, when switching from BIOS to UEFI.
In order to support UEFI, I reinstall from scratch my operating system.
But before that, I went to BIOS settings to switch it from "legacy" to "UEFI", disable fast boot option and disable secure boot.
Just after applying these settings, after rebooting, the Shuttle blocked on the POST sequence (before lauching the operating system), only displaying "press Del to enter settings". Nothing happens, unable to boot for installing my operating system.
So, I disconnect one by one my peripherals to check if there was a compatibility issue. It's only When I disconnect my pci-e graphic card, that the shuttle operate correctly: boot fast, no more stuck on the POST sequence ane able to access the BIOS settings!
So I was able to install correctly my operating system, plug my peripherals and install them one by one. The last componant I add was my pci-e graphic card, and once connected...the issue came back: the shuttle keep stuck on the POST sequence like before, wait around 3 minutes before entering my operating system, and of course, totally unable to access the BIOS settings...
If I am on windows, and initiate a reboot: stuck definitely in the POST sequence...have to do a manual shutdown and power on.
My conclusion is that the Shuttle looks incompatible with my graphic card in UEFI (because I didn't encounter this issue in Legacy mode). But here is the problem, my graphic card is one that is mentionned as supported on the Shuttle website, especially for the SH87R6. My graphic card is a EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC 2Go ACX Cooler (02G-P4-2774-KR), and you can find it in the supported component list on the Shuttle website (
I fill 2 times a form to the technical assistance of Shuttle, no answers.
Does anybody encounter this issue with this graphic card? Is there a UEFI firmware ta install on the graphic card?
I wrote an email to EVGa support, which gave me a firmware that remove UEFI. i didn.t try because i don.t think it will fix the issue, as I am running UEFI..
Thanks for your help :)
Cheers!
post edited by gabcac - 2014/06/20 17:39:46

3 Replies Related Threads

gabcac
    Re: GTX770 + Shuttle SH87R6 in UEFi: not working 2014/06/20 17:39:35 (permalink)
    I solve my issue, and write the answer if somebody has the same.
    I finally had an answer from Shuttle (after using their form for a technical assistance) and they provide me a firmware (probably beta).
    I apply this firmware and it solves the problem !!
    It was a compatibility issue I guess, and probably this firmware will be released soon.
    Cheers :)
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: GTX770 + Shuttle SH87R6 in UEFi: not working 2014/06/20 19:39:01 (permalink)

Glad you got the problem resolved.        

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    gabcac
    Re: GTX770 + Shuttle SH87R6 in UEFi: not working 2014/07/26 00:58:17 (permalink)
    Just for information, the issue is officially solved on the Shuttle with their latest firmware release SH87R000.203 (check on the Shuttle website).

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile