EVGA

Rattling noise from my GTX 970

Author
zaikul
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/09/04 08:49:24 (permalink)
So I just received my new video card from RMA yesterday and it was working fine until now. Last time I had artifacts and crashes and what not. This time I have rattling noises every time I start up a game. I'm pretty sure it is a video card problem as this issue only occurs when the fans on the GPU are spinning. I really don't want to RMA it again. I live in Canada and it cost $30 to ship to California. I had to pay that the first time. And $30 shipping option takes 4 days to ship which leaves me without a PC. School is about to start and I really don't want to be without a PC. Also since I didn't test/use my video card until 40 days after purchase, I was suppose to get a recertified card but I asked for a new one and was happily granted a 1 time opportunity. Now its used. Was so happy my GPU worked longer than 10 hours this time, but after a day I started getting rattling noises. If I RMA this I would have payed $60 total for both RMAs and in the end I will be getting a re certified card anyways. Basically I'm paying $60 extra for a re certified card at this point plus combined total of 2 weeks of being PCless. Could any EVGA representative help with this because I really need some assistance.

2 Replies Related Threads

zaikul
    • Total Posts : 16
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Rattling noise from my GTX 970 2015/09/04 14:58:06 (permalink)
    Ok I can confirm its coil whine and not rattling. Apparently coil whine is common in higher end video cards but some don't have it. I guess I won't be RMAing my video card unless I face performance issues later on.
    EVGATech_GabrielT
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1104
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Rattling noise from my GTX 970 2015/09/04 16:05:02 (permalink)
    Hello zaikul

Please let us know if the noise happens to worsen as we can definitely support you with this issue.

support@evga.com

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile