EVGA

RMA of GTX 970 SSC

Author
Winc3
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/06/19 09:49:01 (permalink)
Hello everyone, a new guy here with some feedback and a question. 

So, in short, EVGA tells us to contact them directly instead of returning the product to the shop to make things easier. In this case the shop would have been Mindfactory. They would have given me a prepaid shipping label just like while ago, when I had to send back a power supply. Anyway, I went and filled the RMA application on EVGA's site yesterday and today I found out I have to pay 30-50€ (depending if I choose the recommended way or not) to ship the card back to them. My card is fully functional but it has faulty fan(s) which make irritating noises. It seems that it would a be a lot better option to cancel the RMA and just to buy some fans myself as they cost way less than the shipping would cost. OR I could cancel the RMA and fill one at Mindfactory but that would take long and I need the card. All in all, I'm not very pleased of how this system works for people like me, who live a bit farther away...

The question:
At first I was offered a new pair of EVGA fans but they were out of stock which eventually led to this RMA. Since the customer is allowed to install a new set of fans, can I also remove shroud and attach new, bigger fans directly onto the heatsink without voiding the warranty? None of the original parts would be modified or damaged and the cooler could be restored to original condition if I ever needed to use RMA for some reason.

Thank you for reading,
Vincent
post edited by Winc3 - 2015/06/19 15:40:57

3 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: RMA of GTX 970 SSC 2015/06/25 21:19:16 (permalink)
    Winc3

The question:
    At first I was offered a new pair of EVGA fans but they were out of stock which eventually led to this RMA. Since the customer is allowed to install a new set of fans, can I also remove shroud and attach new, bigger fans directly onto the heatsink without voiding the warranty? None of the original parts would be modified or damaged and the cooler could be restored to original condition if I ever needed to use RMA for some reason.

Thank you for reading,
    Vincent

Hi Vincent,

To answer your question yes, however if your product is ever sent in for warranty service we do require the product to be in 100% factory condition.

Please review our conditions under our warranty:

Product condition:

This Limited Warranty is conditioned upon proper use of the Product by the Purchaser. This Limited Warranty does not cover:

• Defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, submersion in oil, use of adhesives, use of solder, moisture, rust, cigarette residue, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.
      • Scratches, dents or cosmetic damage(s) caused to the product.
      • Defects or damage resulting from excessive force.
      • Equipment that has the serial number or factory identification labels removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible.
      • Defects or damage resulting from 'the use of a product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or secondary peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by EVGA CORPORATION.
      • Defects or damages resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by EVGA CORPORATION.
      • Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision with an object, fire, flooding, dirt, windstorms, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuses, or improper use of any electrical source.
      • Unauthorized changes to the BIOS or Firmware on graphics card that does not have a Dual BIOS option may cause this warranty to be null and void.

Best Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

Winc3
    Re: RMA of GTX 970 SSC 2015/06/26 12:00:47 (permalink)
    Thanks for the clarification. I'm quite handy when it comes to work that requires delicate touch and good hand-eye coordination. I just hope you guys will still send me the new pair of fans as you get hold of some. I can't really sell or trade the card in the future if I don't have a fully working pair of original fans, or I could, but that wouldn't be fair for the new owner.
    post edited by Winc3 - 2015/06/26 12:02:15
    Winc3
    Re: RMA of GTX 970 SSC 2015/11/25 04:07:16 (permalink)
    Still waiting for a pair of new fans. I've been using Raijintek Morpheus with Noiseblocker eLoops as fans which is awesome but I still need replacements for the old EVGA ones that had faulty bearings. Just in case I ever trade or sell the card in original condition...

I admit I haven't pursued this issue too much because I have a whisper quiet GPU and I'm not in a hurry to upgrade, yet I assumed that this was at least put to some list after all the email exchanging. It's been so many months that it's clearly not the case or extra fans are extremely hard to come by.
    post edited by Winc3 - 2015/11/25 04:09:01
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile