EVGA

Question about 50% off PSU/Mouse Promo

Author
crum1515
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/08/03 09:23:31 (permalink)
I purchased (2) GTX 980 ti from Amazon last week, and I registered the cards with EVGA and uploaded my invoice for them, but I did not get the "coupon email" stating the promo would be applied to my next purchase, as a friend of mine got when we registered his cards (same place of purchase, same date of registration).  There was also no coupon code in the box as I have seen some people report.  I went through the checkout process and it does not automatically apply at any stage of the purchase process.

I sent an email in to customer support to see if there was anything else needed, is there anything else I can do or need to do (short of calling EVGA, I am not able to do that at this time)?

Thanks

5 Replies Related Threads

crum1515
    Re: Question about 50% off PSU/Mouse Promo 2015/08/03 14:13:38 (permalink)
    Hrm, from what I am reading the offer is over.  I guess that answers that.
    Acention
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Question about 50% off PSU/Mouse Promo 2015/08/03 14:16:19 (permalink)
    I had/have this same question. I purchased my 980 TI Classified from Amazon and registered it the day I received it. There was no coupon code in the box and I have not received one, I have also tried to add a new PSU to my cart through the EVGA store and no discount was applied at checkout.

I emailed EVGA about this and this is the response I received

"Hello

Coupons bundled with EVGA video cards are only available when purchased from the EVGA web store. This promotion is also closed or expired at this time. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused. Please let us know if you have any other questions in order to support you further with your EVGA Product."

I was pretty disappointed to hear this as I was planning on picking up a new PSU when I received my card, but now I am holding off for a bit and hoping for a deal form a retailer on a EVGA or another brand, which sucks because I was dead set on a 1000 watt G2 when I ordered my Classified.

crum1515
    Re: Question about 50% off PSU/Mouse Promo 2015/08/03 14:22:27 (permalink)
    Yeah, 

All I can say is oh well and move on.  I still bought the EVGA PSU but from a different retailer as it was cheaper.  Still love their products, but when I read the terms and conditions it didn't say it had to be from the EVGA store (at least not in window licker herp derp language I could understand) or the end date (in fact as of this morning it still doesn't say this promo has ended), and that's why I went with the more expensive EVGA cards in preparation to use it on the inboxpromo for the PSU.

Regardless, still happy with my purchases.
    Acention
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Question about 50% off PSU/Mouse Promo 2015/08/03 14:39:06 (permalink)
    Agreed, not much to be done about it. I am still happy with my card just a bit disappointed that it wasn't clearly stated that the card had to be purchased directly from EVGA, and that the promotion had ended. Purchased form Amazon figuring I would have excellent customer service from both EVGA and Amazon and also due to having Amazon prime.

I will still be looking to purchase a PSU but will go with whichever one has the best deal in the near future.
    SiAScORCH
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 783
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Question about 50% off PSU/Mouse Promo 2015/08/03 20:33:12 (permalink)
    I do like EVGA's PSU so far, as I've had 0 issues with it, but as far as mouse is concerned I wouldn't run that thing if it was given to me. I have my Razer Deathadder and that has to be the most comfortable mouse I've used to date.

I'm curious what I'll get with my VGA arriving Thursday.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile