EVGA

PrecisionX 16 power target sliders disabled

Author
DIYDeath
  • Total Posts : 65
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/10/20 16:36:49 (permalink)
Hey guys, I have this weird problem: with Precisionx 16 I will randomly have the power slider "disabled". By disabled I mean it's as low as it can go and the slider itself in nonadjustable.

I've had this happen twice now but a uninstall then a reinstall always fixes the issue. Anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?

2 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: PrecisionX 16 power target sliders disabled 2014/10/20 21:07:08 (permalink)
    Are you getting any driver crashes when this occurs?
    DIYDeath
    • Total Posts : 65
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: PrecisionX 16 power target sliders disabled 2014/10/21 12:44:23 (permalink)
    Nope, everything runs fine otherwise. Happened again today. :/
    This time uninstalling+reinstalling didn't fix, even after rebooting.
    It was working literally 20 seconds ago before this happened with no issues.

And I reinstalled again, issue went away.

What the heck is going on here?

I think I found the issue, for some reason PrecisionX 16 was defaulting its values on the sliders but was remembering the kboost settings. So the slider was "disabled" because it couldn't go any higher than 106% which is where it technically was, even though the program was reporting differently.

As long as I take steps to ensure that the program doesn't remember the kboost settings the issue seems to be non-existent which makes sense with the timing and the symptoms.

It also makes sense as to why reinstalling would fix the issue unless the card somehow holds onto the kboost settings when precisionx16 was uninstalled (the fan was going full boar, which does not happen on my Titan Black unless I set it to do so).

Did I just find a bug with the program?
    post edited by DIYDeath - 2014/10/21 17:08:21
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile