EVGA

Precision X OC issue/bug black screen

Author
DookieBlastin
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/06/30 07:57:19 (permalink)
Just a heads up to everyone using precision x... I'm not sure if this issue happens to everyone but if you go into precision x settings and check for updates the monitors will go black and never come back on unless you hard reset your PC... no idea why it does this but it happened twice to me..

2 Replies Related Threads

Sovnsword
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Precision X OC issue/bug black screen 2016/07/28 20:10:35 (permalink)
    I have attempted to overclock for the first time in my life, and I'm experiencing the same issue. Either I am doing something wrong, and if so, would wish that I, an overclocking noob like many others, should've been warned of potential dangers, as seeing my screen blackout and having to shutdown my PC via the power button is a little concerning. Even if we're not at fault, EVGA's software is lacking somewhere - I can't even change the LEDs on my FTW!

For those that aren't aware, the custom set LED colour is reset back to default after every reboot - another annoyance I might add!

It seems I won't be overclocking anytime soon - but I have faith EVGA...you can do it!

If it matters at all, I boosted the clock speed +500, and nothing else - I later realized that not raising the power target may have something to do with this. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but the issue persists - I attempted to delete the software files, as I'm assuming my boost settings are currently saved and utilized upon software startup, but alas, despite all the changes made possible for user permissions, the bloody SYSTEM is preventing me from doing so.

EVGA, send the knight in shining armour you sent me a poster of - we need a solution!

P.S. I may try one of those file unlocker programs and report back in a bit.
    Sovnsword
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Precision X OC issue/bug black screen 2016/07/29 06:53:00 (permalink)
    So I called EVGA customer support, and they brought to light a fix that allowed me to reenter the software - delete the files in the Profiles folder! I can now start over with a clean slate, though unfortunately, according to the operator I spoke with, the problem could arise again if unstable setting are inputted again, so he suggested to start small, increasing the clock offset, testing, and increasing the power and memory targets accordingly to achieve stability during benchmarks.

Sound advice I suppose - it's the best we have for now!

Personally, I am going to refrain from overclocking for now and probably won't unless my modded Skyrim demands it.

Good luck, Dookie.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile