EVGA

Post Error Code 75 - IDE Detect

Author
somuchmedia
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2012/01/19 05:03:00 (permalink)

Last night I opened the case and  I installed a 4 port USB 3.0 card.  Now the system will not boot.

The post code says 75 – which I looked up and it says it is Detect HDD – IDE Device Detection.  However, during all the restarts, the system displays all my internal and external drives, so they are working, I think.  I reset the CMOS and with the default settings the system goes through to ‘Missing Operating System’ as I would expect because it defaults to IDE and therefore does not see the Raid on the OS drives (I have two drives striped) .  However, when I then set it to Raid in goes back to 75 and strangely I can then never seem to get back into the BIOS settings (it does not go into setup when I hit Del.  I left it off and unplugged and I actually got it to reboot and start Windows after an hour or so of being off.  But after leaving it off overnight, it would not boot again.  I have the CDROM top of the boot order and it never appears to see that either.
Any ideas?
Thank you!
John

4 Replies Related Threads

sgtharry
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3930
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re:Post Error Code 75 - IDE Detect 2012/01/19 05:51:31 (permalink)
    Is everything back to normal if you take the usb card out?

My Affiliate Code: JQ2TUWM6Y9 

+1 my Rig if you like it

somuchmedia
    Re:Post Error Code 75 - IDE Detect 2012/01/19 06:05:04 (permalink)
    Same problem with or without the new card now.  That was the first thing I did was to remove it, but still no joy.
    zoltanthegypsy
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 721
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re:Post Error Code 75 - IDE Detect 2012/01/19 08:00:59 (permalink)
    Unlikely disaster scenario: bent pin in the PCI-e socket that the new card was in.  "It" happens.

Z.

somuchmedia
    Re:Post Error Code 75 - IDE Detect 2012/01/19 17:45:09 (permalink)
    Well it got better or at least different tonight.  The machine now boots.  However, without my external SATA drive that has a 4 disk raid 5 with a controller which came with it.  This was working fine and, of course, I had just build a Windows SBS server on it and moved my data to it.  I had a USB 3.0 drive that I repurposed for this machine.  Bought a controller and now that is working but as soon as I plug in the external Sata into a port, no boot, no BIOS setup.  It hangs before the typical display of pool data.

I know this takes the tread in another direction, but still 75 IDE wait when I have the eSata connected.

Thanks!

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile