Please help - can't change CORE RATIOs for my i7 5820k without BSOD

Author
LordofAllClouds
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 133
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/12/22 13:01:13 (permalink)
I'm trying to OC an i7 5820K on an ASUS X99 Pro motherboard but I literally cannot do a thing because when starting with default BIOS settings that will allow me to get into Windows, once I change the CPU Ratio from AUTO to SYNC ALL CORES in BIOS I will get a BSOD upon saving and restarting - no matter what. I have tried leaving every other setting at the default as well as setting the Ratio to stock speed (33) and even downclocking ! No matter what I will yield a 9C blue screen until I return the Ratio from SYNC ALL CORES back to Auto. If I use the "OC TUNER" in BIOS it will do some kind of 'auto overclock' to 4ghz but leave all other settings at Auto. I've also tried increasing the core voltage to no avail but it also begs the question of ... why would I need to increase core voltage if I'm keeping the CPU speed at or UNDER stock in my testings?

I'm not sure how to proceed with this. I was thinking of maybe trying to set it to PER CORE and see if I can one at a time keep all the cores to AUTO but put just 1 core at a set amount to see if maybe it's a single core causing problems? I don't know what else to do.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile