EVGA

Pile-o-free-stuff to get started in Planetside 2 (and bonus items from me for newbies!)

Author
xanderf
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2068
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 36
2013/09/02 11:23:49 (permalink)
So, Planetside 2 is obviously a 'free to play' game.  And it's an AWESOME one!

...basically, to support the 'free to play' model, there are two kinds of 'currency' in the game:
  • Station Cash
    This is 'real' money, generally 1:1 with pennies.  IE., $5.00 is worth 500 SC.  This can buy guns, and is the only option for most cosmetics (decals, helmets, etc).  Generally.  Fairly regularly, SOE runs 'double SC' days where $5.00 gets you 1000 SC (etc).  Also the 5000 SC and 10000 SC levels cost $45 and $80, respectively, instead of $50 or $100.  But, as noted, this is only needed for many cosmetics.
  • Cert points
    These you get in the game by just playing it.  A kill of a typical player, for a non-member, where you aren't playing during an 'alert', or heavily outnumbered (which all provides bonuses), is about 100 XP.  Vehicles are more, major base caps are 1000 XP.  You get 1 cert every ~250 XP.  Note that you also get bonus XP for number of kills/healing/etc (for example - every 10 kills with a weapon earns you a 'ribbon' for it that gets you 250 XP...1 cert each time, and the first 5 such ribbons you earn in a day are tripled for 750 XP...3 certs each), and medal levels get you certs, directly (the 'auraxium' level medal for a weapon grants 200 certs directly).
    Anyway, certs are used for non-cosmetic stuff.  IR nightvision gunsight = 30 certs.  Silencer on a rifle = 100 certs.  etc.  You can even buy weapons with certs (usually there are few a variant weapons of the stock ones in the ~250 cert range, although most weapons cost 1000 certs)...IMHO, I'd recommend using real money for the weapons, but that's up to you.  It's totally possible to play the game, get really into it, and still not pay any real money.

Okay, so, all that said...what is free?  To start with...well, lemme explain how to enter this.  From in the game, hit 'k' or 'm', or whatever to bring up the menu system - then click in the lower right icon on the bar, on your empire's symbol.  That takes you to a screen where you have a 'redeem a code' option on the left:

...and then enter the code!  You'll get a notification of the item to redeem, then!

Right - so, back to the free stuff!  First - general freebies!

Available to all players, at any point
These codes can be entered at any time, on one of your characters, to get the corresponding items.
  • "PSUARMORDECAL"
    This unlocks account-wide (IE., all characters you have or create get access to it).  It's an armor decal for your character's shoulders:
  • "PSUVEHICLEDECAL"
    Also unlocks account-wide, same decal as above, but for vehicles:
  • "EQNVEHICLEDECAL"
    This unlocks account-wide (IE., all characters you have or create get access to it).  It's an Everquest decal, only for vehicles:
  • "MLGREPORT"
    This code unlocks on ONE CHARACTER, ONLY (so use it on your main character, if you do have more than one).  It's actually a number of items you get with this code...
    A vehicle decal:

An armor decal:

...and a 50% XP boost as well as 50% resource boost, one hour duration each:
  • If you sign in, using your SOE Station Account (please create first, using below link!), to the Clone Wars Adventures site (note that you do not need to install the game - but you do have to create yourself a character, so just go through the character-creator wizard real quick):
    https://www.clonewarsadventures.com/
    ...you get 85 SC!  That's right, folks, $0.85.  85 cents!

(Not enough to do anything on its own, as far as I know - but if you do put any of your own money in, it can help provide a bit of a boost to get some better combos or bundles.  And you do tend to see a lot of 'odd' numbers when the sales are 25% off or 75% off the original price on things that this can help with.)
For new players, only

If you sign up for an account you are signing up as a recruit from an existing player (me!).  That gets you a number of bonus items.  Once you sign up for that, you'll get an email/note/thing.  IT'S VERY IMPORTANT YOU VERIFY THROUGH THAT LINK RATHER THAN CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT DIRECTLY FROM THE GAME/SITE.  It'll look like this:

Anyway - once you do that, when you create a new character, you'll get a choice of LMG for the 'heavy assault' class (which one you get depends on which faction you choose)...

...and, of course, the 50% XP boost with 1 day duration for that character, too.

All that is free.  If you do choose to spend money in the game - and see, below, for how I'm making that easy for you to do  (using it in-game within 60 days of signing up your account), you do get a choice of another bonus item:

...for my money, I'd take the...well, money.  Yes, the rocket pods are generally 700SC (or 1000 certs) in-game, so would seem like a better deal than the bonus 500SC outright...however, the game runs 50% sales on items every day, and the rocket pods have come up a few times (so they'd be 350SC).  But that's up to you, of course!

Also for new players - from me!
As noted above - I want to get some folks into the game!  And to do that, I want to throw some money at you!  I've got three (3) $15 (1500 SC) GameStop Planetside 2 gift cards I'll give out the codes for to the first three folks FROM THE US and SIGNING UP A NEW PLANETSIDE ACCOUNT FROM MY REFERRAL who PLAN TO USE THEM IN-GAME TO HIT THAT $10 IN 60 DAYS WINDOW.  And since I'm giving you $15 - that should be easy to do!

As these are the GameStop cards, in addition to the 1500 SC, you also get an NS-11 "Platinum" assault rifle for the 'medic' class.  This has the same stats as the NS-11A you can buy in-game (normally 700 SC or 1000 certs), but it's got a metallic/reflective 'platinum' texture instead of the standard bronze one.

Doesn't show up super well in pics, but it's VERY reflective when moving...

post edited by rjohnson11 - 2013/09/03 23:09:53

10 Replies Related Threads

etienneb29
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 200
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:Pile-o-free-stuff to get started in Planetside 2 (and bonus items from me for newbies!) 2013/09/03 06:26:21 (permalink)
    Interesting! I will try those codes this evening. Thanks.

TheCodifier
    kubi07
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 485
    Re:Pile-o-free-stuff to get started in Planetside 2 (and bonus items from me for newbies!) 2013/09/03 08:22:49 (permalink)
    Cool, thanks for the codes.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102406
    • Ribbons : 85
    Re:Pile-o-free-stuff to get started in Planetside 2 (and bonus items from me for newbies!) 2013/09/03 23:11:28 (permalink)
    I'd like to point out that posting any links which result in reward of points, cash, or prizes for yourself are strictly prohibited by our EVGA terms of service and such links will be removed.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

xanderf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Pile-o-free-stuff to get started in Planetside 2 (and bonus items from me for newbies!) 2013/09/04 10:53:57 (permalink)
    rjohnson11

I'd like to point out that posting any links which result in reward of points, cash, or prizes for yourself are strictly prohibited by our EVGA terms of service and such links will be removed.

I guess it's a good thing none of the links results in rewards of "points, cash, or prizes" for myself, then, huh?  Unless 'in-game items' are counted, I suppose, but the referrer really doesn't get much out of it at all - it's more about getting anyone interested in the game hooked up with some cool in-game stuff by someone they know who is playing!

Without the referral links, they get nothing.  So...
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re:Pile-o-free-stuff to get started in Planetside 2 (and bonus items from me for newbies!) 2013/09/04 11:02:16 (permalink)
    xanderf
     Unless 'in-game items' are counted, I suppose, but the referrer really doesn't get much out of it at all - it's more about getting anyone interested in the game hooked up with some cool in-game stuff by someone they know who is playing!

That is explicitly against forum guidelines. You know that.
    NordicJedi
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 12570
    • Ribbons : 77
    Re:Pile-o-free-stuff to get started in Planetside 2 (and bonus items from me for newbies!) 2013/09/04 12:27:11 (permalink)
    xanderf

rjohnson11

I guess it's a good thing none of the links results in rewards of "points, cash, or prizes" for myself, then, huh?  Unless 'in-game items' are counted, I suppose, but the referrer really doesn't get much out of it at all - it's more about getting anyone interested in the game hooked up with some cool in-game stuff by someone they know who is playing!

We don't have anything against members trying to help out members of the community.  It is simply that you're asking us to carve out an exception for you that we haven't done for other members on the forum.  You know quite well where the slippery slope on this issue goes, with many people posting referral links.  

Now, if you would like to see about having the links put back into your guide, please send an email to the Community Manager at rbaca@evga.com and explain why.  Without Rob's approval, the mods won't allow an exception on this.  I'm not brushing you off, nor are the mods, but I genuinely suggest emailing him on this issue to see what he says.  Otherwise, we'll stick with what's been said earlier.

Let's get back on topic, now.  No need to continue this debate over referral links, as the TOS and moderator directions are clear on this.  If anyone wants to continue discussing it, send PM's to mods or to Rob.

6012mhz on L/N2 
    5321mhz on L/N2
    5091mhz on air
    The Lightsaber
    The Emperor Reborn
    xanderf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re:Pile-o-free-stuff to get started in Planetside 2 (and bonus items from me for newbies!) 2013/09/04 21:49:35 (permalink)
    Email sent.

Just trying to help, here - thought it might be a great start for some noobs!  (I mean, I've got some gift cards, already - if I was just interested in propping up my account with referral bonuses, I'd set up some shell accounts and put those cards into them for instant-whatevers.  Rather than doing that, I'd much rather shoot some bonuses to fellow EVGA forum members to get them on the right start!)
    pumpkinhed
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 274
    Re:Pile-o-free-stuff to get started in Planetside 2 (and bonus items from me for newbies!) 2013/09/05 08:46:14 (permalink)
    Thanks for the codes for free swag.  I will use some of these....  Planetside 2 is still a fun game for me.  No other FPS game has chaotic battles with 1000's of players destroying each other non-stop 24 hours a day on a 100km^2 map.  

i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz --- Asrock Extreme 4 mobo ---  CM 212 Plus Cooler --- 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz LP --- EVGA GTX780 SC--- Samsung 840 236gb SSD --- HAF XM case --- Corsair TX650 PSU --- 27" Oberlord SE 1440p Monitor w/ 120hz PCB

Plaguestarter
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Pile-o-free-stuff to get started in Planetside 2 (and bonus items from me for newbies!) 2013/11/21 04:25:22 (permalink)
    Uhm, thanks for the codes and stuff, but the 85 SC thingy doesn't work, I logged in, created a char, ran around in the game a bit, nothing. Do I have to have a new account for this? I hope not >_>
    I mean the Clone Wars game, of course :)
    post edited by Plaguestarter - 2013/11/21 04:27:48
    ARMYguy
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1050
    Re:Pile-o-free-stuff to get started in Planetside 2 (and bonus items from me for newbies!) 2013/11/21 08:08:46 (permalink)
    PS2 just got its first OMG update and i noticed huge increases of frame rate for anyone who stopped playing cause of that. In a crowded warpgate i went from 70 fps to 190 fps. Battles also went up a ton. I would give the game a shot again for anyone interested.

Asus Strix Z790 F - Intel 13700 K - Gigabyte 4090 Windforce - 32gb DDR 5 - 1TB Samsung SSD 850 evo - Windows 10 Pro - 1TB Samsung M.2 860 - Inland 2 TB NVMe - Acer Predator X27
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile