PCoIP PD06 VS PD07?

Author
SBRUSSE
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/27 13:31:36 (permalink)
Hi guys, 
I'd like to give PCoIP a go and I was wondering what the best solution would be for the moment?

I saw that there seems to be a new PD07 that is twice the price of the PD06.
I don't see any significant changes in the details, how is PD07 any better than PD06?

Would PCoIP still be the best remote desktop protocole available ATM?
How does PCoIP compete compare to orbx.js or splashtop/teamviewer?

Cheers
Stan

1 Reply Related Threads

BryanS
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 105
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: PCoIP PD06 VS PD07? 2015/05/27 18:23:52 (permalink)
    SBRUSSE,

To answer your questions the main difference between the PD06 and the PD07 is the PD06 comes with an ethernet port., and the PD07 comes with a SFP port that will allow you to use an SFP module to work with many different speeds of Fiber and Copper modules.  The other difference is TAA compliance which means the product was manufactured in another country that complies with TAA standards.  Past that the devices are physically the same and will perform the same.

As far as performance comparison this is really dependent on what you are trying to do and how you accomplish it.  If you plan on using a virtual machine or many virtual machines in a VMware View environment the performance really cannot be matched.  If you are trying to remote connect to your computer then you will also need a Teradici host card for this to work.  However in comparison to other standards of remote desktop performance is one of the best experiences you can get.  We have done testing with gaming on one of our system using a host card and zero client and the users were not able to tell a difference between the zero client and sitting at the computer itself.  As for the Virtual machine side most of our office is filled with zero clients and it is truly a great solution for office work and every day use there are no hiccups or lag that you will normally see while using other RDP options.  If you have any further questions in regards to PCoIP feel free to email me directly at: bsmith@evga.com.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile