EVGA

PC gaming hardware market worth more than $21.5 billion globally, new report says

Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
2014/07/13 05:41:21 (permalink)

The overall demand for PC hardware may be in decline but the market for gaming specific hardware is actually doing quite well, according to a new Jon Peddie Research report (via MCV). The firm pegged the total worldwide market value of PC gaming hardware at more than $21.5 billion, and predicted that it will grow significantly over the next three years.

What exactly the PC and console markets entail within the context of the JPR report isn't made clear, although on the PC side of the coin it includes "computers, upgrades and peripherals used for gaming." What is clear is that the arrival of the next generation of game consoles hasn't had much of an impact on the momentum of the PC, nor is it likely to in the future—not because the demand for home computers is growing—it's not—but because dedicated PC gamers are pouring more and more money into their rigs.

Source

1 Reply Related Threads

Havalynii
    • Total Posts : 16
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: PC gaming hardware market worth more than $21.5 billion globally, new report says 2014/07/31 02:05:31 (permalink)
    I believe it.  I have a friend who puts about $4000 a year into hardware upgrades, not to mention actually buying games.  Yes, I often profit from the windfall.  :)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile