AnsweredPC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 10
Author
AngryAce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 867
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/09/29 21:22:45 (permalink)
moknowsbest
woojyee
moknowsbest
done some benchmark.....

on heaven benmark:
200 to  240fps below 1920x1080
100 to 140fps for 2560x1600
40 - 60fps for 3840x1440

no overclocked.

What are your FPS @ 3840x2160?

absolutely sorry it's suppose to read 3840x2160 not 1440. btw after overclocked for that setting the benchmark would crash within 5 mins on the lowest OC tweak..

Hmmm, I guess the cards take a bigger hit at 4K than I would have guessed. I am happy with my choice. Games look absolutely stunning on my monitor with excellent colors. The ultra wide is so immersive to me, I get the "stomach" drop as I am jumping off of cliffs and stuff. It's awesome!

moknowsbest
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 194
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/09/30 05:10:13 (permalink)
woojyee
moknowsbest
woojyee
moknowsbest
done some benchmark.....

on heaven benmark:
200 to  240fps below 1920x1080
100 to 140fps for 2560x1600
40 - 60fps for 3840x1440

no overclocked.

What are your FPS @ 3840x2160?

absolutely sorry it's suppose to read 3840x2160 not 1440. btw after overclocked for that setting the benchmark would crash within 5 mins on the lowest OC tweak..

Hmmm, I guess the cards take a bigger hit at 4K than I would have guessed. I am happy with my choice. Games look absolutely stunning on my monitor with excellent colors. The ultra wide is so immersive to me, I get the "stomach" drop as I am jumping off of cliffs and stuff. It's awesome!

What res settings and gpu settings and specs? If you don't mind me asking.
moknowsbest
Superclocked Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/09/30 07:16:35 (permalink)
Okay so it seems like my top Graphic Card is obviously blowing out air to my bottom card....what should i add or other alternatives to avoid hot air going to my bottom card...?
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/09/30 08:10:11 (permalink)
It be tuff but one thing I did that made a difference was adding a extrenal fan (120) blowing in from the backside of the case where the ports are on the cards. One would have to remove the blank slot plates from between and below the bottom card to allow the air to blow in. That's cool air blowing in for the cards heatsinks that lowered the tempts of both cards by 6c atleast. Might be more for someone else where there not getting any air circulation around the cards at all.

It all depends on your case if you can figure out a way to mount a fan there.. I just used a long zip tie and looped it threw the fan mount hoes and an opening on the case to hold it there.

Make sure the fan is the sticker side facing the case as that the direction the fan blows.

That's why I say evga's new pc case with there dual 120mm fans on the left side that exhaust or blow air into for your graphics cards would be great for hot air cooled graphics cards.

Other then that I ran with also a fan on the other end of the cards blowing air to them.. so I had air blowing at the cards from both ends.

Don't want a fan blowing at them from the side cause the fans on those cards blow strong air straight out from the side and down to the motherboard. So it would be useless.

Heat rises so good exhast put the top and strong cool air in from the front that blows towards your hot cards would be best..

No idea how the fans are setup in your case with that corsair cooler. Is that a single fan cooler for the cpu?? Mounted to the left of the cpu?

You need to test those cards ea with just one card installed at a time. Hopefully you can do that.

All you need to do is first thing disable sli in the Nvidia config. Then turn the system off. Flip the power switch on the back of the pc power supply to off.. and pull the plug from it as well just to be sure. Then hit the power button on the pc to drain all the remaining power stored in the caps from the PSU and mb.. you'll see it attempt to power up and the fans will slightly spin and shut off.. if you wait about 30 secs the power will drain from the mb and that wont happen when you hit the power button.

Then remove the side panel from your case. Remove the sli cable. Then pintch and pull the power cables from the graphics card your removing.Get a screw driver and remove the 1 or 2 screws holding the graphics card at the PCIE slot holder on the left. Now there's a small lever that locks the graphics card into the PCIE slot on the mb on the right side of the cards slot where it goes into the PCIE slot on the motherboard.. press that down and your card will then be free to pull straight out.

Might wana hunt for a video on YouTube for how to remove or install your graphics card if your confused.

Then plug the power cord back in to the PSU and power the pc up. Should not have to Install any drivers since you only removed one card.

Test that card.. it should run cooler now.

Right down temps.. idle and boost clocks and for the fun of it your benchmarks with just one card. And now you can test the cards max overclock. Don't bother overclocking the cards memory as it can limit your max cpu core overrclock.

Then when you think you've found the max you can get without locking up right that down.

My best benchmark is to use 3dmark firestrike. It's safe to use cause usually if your not stable the graphics driver will just error and then the benchmark will just end and no damage to whatever game is runing or lockup that needs a hard reboot.

Plus you can run a custom loop for whatever test. I like firestrike custom where I can select to loop just graphic test 2. So no loading in between changing tests for max heat.. if it will run that test for a half hour or more then you know your overclock is stable.

You can also buy 3dmark through steam.

So anyways when your done testing that card and also tested it with a few games for the black screen 100% fan issue, remove the card and swap in the other one and repeat all the tests keeping notes on that one.

Then when your all done and you noted each card by the last 4 serial numbers.. install the best card into slot one and the other in the other slot.

You really need to test ea card seperate.. it's also important cause you may find out one has a bad thermal goop job or a loose heatsink not making proper contact and could be why it's runing so hot.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
moknowsbest
Superclocked Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/09/30 11:01:34 (permalink)
AHowes
It be tuff but one thing I did that made a difference was adding a extrenal fan (120) blowing in from the backside of the case where the ports are on the cards. One would have to remove the blank slot plates from between and below the bottom card to allow the air to blow in. That's cool air blowing in for the cards heatsinks that lowered the tempts of both cards by 6c atleast. Might be more for someone else where there not getting any air circulation around the cards at all.

It all depends on your case if you can figure out a way to mount a fan there.. I just used a long zip tie and looped it threw the fan mount hoes and an opening on the case to hold it there.

Make sure the fan is the sticker side facing the case as that the direction the fan blows.

That's why I say evga's new pc case with there dual 120mm fans on the left side that exhaust or blow air into for your graphics cards would be great for hot air cooled graphics cards.

Other then that I ran with also a fan on the other end of the cards blowing air to them.. so I had air blowing at the cards from both ends.

Don't want a fan blowing at them from the side cause the fans on those cards blow strong air straight out from the side and down to the motherboard. So it would be useless.

Heat rises so good exhast put the top and strong cool air in from the front that blows towards your hot cards would be best..

No idea how the fans are setup in your case with that corsair cooler. Is that a single fan cooler for the cpu?? Mounted to the left of the cpu?

You need to test those cards ea with just one card installed at a time. Hopefully you can do that.

All you need to do is first thing disable sli in the Nvidia config. Then turn the system off. Flip the power switch on the back of the pc power supply to off.. and pull the plug from it as well just to be sure. Then hit the power button on the pc to drain all the remaining power stored in the caps from the PSU and mb.. you'll see it attempt to power up and the fans will slightly spin and shut off.. if you wait about 30 secs the power will drain from the mb and that wont happen when you hit the power button.

Then remove the side panel from your case. Remove the sli cable. Then pintch and pull the power cables from the graphics card your removing.Get a screw driver and remove the 1 or 2 screws holding the graphics card at the PCIE slot holder on the left. Now there's a small lever that locks the graphics card into the PCIE slot on the mb on the right side of the cards slot where it goes into the PCIE slot on the motherboard.. press that down and your card will then be free to pull straight out.

Might wana hunt for a video on YouTube for how to remove or install your graphics card if your confused.

Then plug the power cord back in to the PSU and power the pc up. Should not have to Install any drivers since you only removed one card.

Test that card.. it should run cooler now.

Right down temps.. idle and boost clocks and for the fun of it your benchmarks with just one card. And now you can test the cards max overclock. Don't bother overclocking the cards memory as it can limit your max cpu core overrclock.

Then when you think you've found the max you can get without locking up right that down.

My best benchmark is to use 3dmark firestrike. It's safe to use cause usually if your not stable the graphics driver will just error and then the benchmark will just end and no damage to whatever game is runing or lockup that needs a hard reboot.

Plus you can run a custom loop for whatever test. I like firestrike custom where I can select to loop just graphic test 2. So no loading in between changing tests for max heat.. if it will run that test for a half hour or more then you know your overclock is stable.

You can also buy 3dmark through steam.

So anyways when your done testing that card and also tested it with a few games for the black screen 100% fan issue, remove the card and swap in the other one and repeat all the tests keeping notes on that one.

Then when your all done and you noted each card by the last 4 serial numbers.. install the best card into slot one and the other in the other slot.

You really need to test ea card seperate.. it's also important cause you may find out one has a bad thermal goop job or a loose heatsink not making proper contact and could be why it's runing so hot.

I will take detail pics tonight. I really need your help on this...if you don't mind...
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31012
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/09/30 14:41:59 (permalink)
All ACX type coolers push about 80% of the heat into the case.  Your Case needs to be Big, your case fans need to creat enough airflow to push the heat out, faster than the GPU puts it in.

Around 50% fan speed some heat starts to exit the back of the card to the outside of the case; after the fan builds enough back pressure.

Otherwise you'll need the hybrid cooler $ or custom loop water cooling $$$$$

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

moknowsbest
Superclocked Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/09/30 14:54:49 (permalink)
Cool GTX
All ACX type coolers push about 80% of the heat into the case.  Your Case needs to be Big, your case fans need to creat enough airflow to push the heat out, faster than the GPU puts it in.

Around 50% fan speed some heat starts to exit the back of the card to the outside of the case; after the fan builds enough back pressure.

Otherwise you'll need the hybrid cooler $ or custom loop water cooling $$$$$

my case is made by Cooler Master Storm Stryker... that white one with a handle on top... do you have any recommendations regarding best case? good looking ones ;) price doesn't matter.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/09/30 16:59:40 (permalink)
I'm here but sorta wasted as its family dinner out night with many beers.. dinner is over but sitting in the car atm while there in Micgaells shopping hehe.

I'll look up your case but we need pick up the fan setup that they did.

Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/09/30 17:07:17 (permalink)
On cases I'd say totally evgas new dg-85 or 87. Turn those fans in the left side to blow in on your cards will fix your heat issue. Put the cpu cooler up top.

moknowsbest
Superclocked Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/09/30 17:49:08 (permalink)
AHowes
I'm here but sorta wasted as its family dinner out night with many beers.. dinner is over but sitting in the car atm while there in Micgaells shopping hehe.

I'll look up your case but we need pick up the fan setup that they did.

do you by any chance have a chatting app where i can send you images directly and chat? please PM me if you do, thanks :)
moknowsbest
Superclocked Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/09/30 17:57:47 (permalink)
AHowes
On cases I'd say totally evgas new dg-85 or 87. Turn those fans in the left side to blow in on your cards will fix your heat issue. Put the cpu cooler up top.

omg i love this case! i should've gotten this! i am going to have a chat with the shop owner tomorrow and see what they can do. the thing is that they chose this case so i can sorta fight my way out ;) need some counter arguments like what if they say this and that.... like i can counter back saying that i requested 2 video cards so they should know better or something like that?

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/01 07:05:56 (permalink)
No I don't have any chat program.. could just email them to me as I can check emails from the phone. Will pm you.

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/01 09:37:30 (permalink)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tfkuKVd1YPY

There's a video review of your case. They mention that it has bad air intake depending on how the front fans are setup. Default is from the side blowing in threw the hard drive cages. Installing an extra fan in the bottom can add more cooler air. But I'd mount the fans from the front blowing in straight at the motherboard for your graphics cards and out the top. Again no idea where they mounted your rad. Hopefully not in the front blowing the hot air in the case.

It's an older case that was released like 4 years old.

The rad should be mounted up top if it's a dual fan rad. If it's a single fan prob put it on the left side next to the mb. Exhast up top and front fans blowing in straight at the mb and another blowing up from the bottom.

The corsair 540 air is another good case that's cheaper that would allow for a aio cooler for the cpu at the top and have 2 120mm fans blowing in from the front that's real close to the graphics cards so they would cool a whole lot better then the case you have.

Theres a newer corsair 740 air case coming out soon but it's pretty order only at the moment that's a little bigger and has fan filters but no extrenal 3.5 drive bays like on the 540 air.
post edited by AHowes - 2016/10/01 09:47:44

CoercionShaman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1788
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/01 09:59:23 (permalink)
The case you have is fine as long as the HDD cage is turned to open to the front. I have the black version (called storm trooper, oddly) and my temps are beyond fine after turning the cage.

Edit:. Unless you just like a different case better. I mean only to say that it is very good as far as airflow and has great room to work within.
post edited by CoercionShaman - 2016/10/01 10:02:37

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?~Stobaeus
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/01 10:05:57 (permalink)
CoercionShaman
The case you have is fine as long as the HDD cage is turned to open to the front. I have the black version (called storm trooper, oddly) and my temps are beyond fine after turning the cage.

Edit:. Unless you just like a different case better. I mean only to say that it is very good as far as airflow and has great room to work within.

Nice.. so turn those hard drive bays so the fans point to the front with them blowing in is one step. Are they the default fans that came with the case?? All white? No idea what cfm there rated and or if there connected to a fan controller one can adjust or connected to the mb where one can adjust with software or just connected to a power cord and runing at max speeds.

CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/01 10:11:36 (permalink)
They are, from factory, connected to the controller on the front of the case and have three voltage regulated speeds. I personally replaced them with noctua fans and run them off the motherboard. I used the factory fans off the mother board for about two years as I replaced all my fans slowly. The factory fans are pretty good.

moknowsbest
Superclocked Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/02 05:40:36 (permalink)
Hey Guys!

Thank you so much for your help and EVERYTHING! I have decided to just keep my pc as it is atm.... I am planning on upgrading my 6core to 8core (need to know how pricey will that be and if i have to change my Asus Extreme Rampage V mobo for it? also going to buy the evga dg-87 or w/e it's called :P but all this is happening probably early next year or mid next year when i move out from my small room to a bigger room as soon as my bro moves out the house. The DG-87 is really huge and i have no space for it but i really would like that case 'cuz i already have fallen in love with it. I can add those liquid pipes, l.e.d lights and still have so much room to work with :) AHowes! thank you again for your help! <3
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/02 06:56:39 (permalink)
Did you find the three fan settings under the power button that I was referring to?

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/02 08:07:40 (permalink)
moknowsbest
Hey Guys!

Thank you so much for your help and EVERYTHING! I have decided to just keep my pc as it is atm.... I am planning on upgrading my 6core to 8core (need to know how pricey will that be and if i have to change my Asus Extreme Rampage V mobo for it? also going to buy the evga dg-87 or w/e it's called :P but all this is happening probably early next year or mid next year when i move out from my small room to a bigger room as soon as my bro moves out the house. The DG-87 is really huge and i have no space for it but i really would like that case 'cuz i already have fallen in love with it. I can add those liquid pipes, l.e.d lights and still have so much room to work with :) AHowes! thank you again for your help! <3

I thought you had the 6850k now? You have the 6800k? Around here the 6800k is $400 and the 6850k is $600 so $200 more.

You would not have to upgrade you motherboard for that.. it will work with it and the 6900k and the 10 core crazy price 6950k as well.

I'm sure next year there will be newer cpus out and maybe new motherboards to support them.

Make sure to come on here and ask for some opinions on what to buy and maybe build this one yourself or (upgrade the cpu yourself! ;)

Yeah I'd be snagging that evga case myself but wow I blew way to much upgrading my rig and some extras to get my son runing his own rig so we can game side by side.

All that's left for me to do today is fill the coolant to the custom loop and hope and prey it fires up and all is well!

Make sure to register those 1080s (if you have ever not already) on evga as I believe you might get extra warranty time doing so.

Your case is nice.. I've looked at it a few times looking for a new case for my son but I'm forced to use an old mid tower I have for it.. no window :/

Get those fans optimized for better air flow and maybe add anot her fan blowing in from the bottom. More air in then out will cause a positive air pressure so less dust in your case. Just check those fan filters for dust every month or so.

Oh and remember.. without problems we would never learn anything!

moknowsbest
Superclocked Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/02 08:28:35 (permalink)
CoercionShaman
Did you find the three fan settings under the power button that I was referring to?

yup! always on highest level :)
moknowsbest
Superclocked Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/02 08:39:28 (permalink)
AHowes
moknowsbest
Hey Guys!

I thought you had the 6850k now? You have the 6800k? Around here the 6800k is $400 and the 6850k is $600 so $200 more.

You would not have to upgrade you motherboard for that.. it will work with it and the 6900k and the 10 core crazy price 6950k as well.

I'm sure next year there will be newer cpus out and maybe new motherboards to support them.

Make sure to come on here and ask for some opinions on what to buy and maybe build this one yourself or (upgrade the cpu yourself! ;)

Yeah I'd be snagging that evga case myself but wow I blew way to much upgrading my rig and some extras to get my son runing his own rig so we can game side by side.

All that's left for me to do today is fill the coolant to the custom loop and hope and prey it fires up and all is well!

Make sure to register those 1080s (if you have ever not already) on evga as I believe you might get extra warranty time doing so.

Your case is nice.. I've looked at it a few times looking for a new case for my son but I'm forced to use an old mid tower I have for it.. no window :/

Get those fans optimized for better air flow and maybe add another fan blowing in from the bottom. More air in then out will cause a positive air pressure so less dust in your case. Just check those fan filters for dust every month or so.

Oh and remember.. without problems we would never learn anything!

Yes i have Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz  3.40 GHz (i dunno why it's repeated twice...)

The reason i want to upgrade to 8core is because i just found out my PS4 is 8core and i don't want my PC to have any less than what my PS4 has. I probably will get 10/12 cores.....BUT definitely 8core or more :)

The fans that are installed on my rig are factory ones which came along with the storm stryker. i don't see it spinning faster than it should....i don't mind if it makes noise since i have my headphones on most of the time.... i will be sending you an email with pics and also if you can tell me what kind of evga sli bridge i should be getting.

also all the best to your system and i bet it's gonna kickass! :)

hapkiman
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 161
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/02 08:51:09 (permalink)
The so-called "8 core" processor on the PS4 is actually made up of two quad core processors, and is as different as an apple is from an orange compared to your i7 6800k which is a true 6 core processor.   

Intel Core i9-9900k, Corsair H115i Platinum RGB, 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4 @3466MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC2 Ultra, MSI MEG Z390 ACE, Samsung 970 Pro 512GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, WDHDD 2TB, Dell P2715Q 4K/UHD @60Hz, Samsung T27A300 1080p @60Hz, Windows 10 Pro, Fractal Design Define R6 with x3 Corsair 140mm ML fans, SeaSonicXP2 860w, Corsair K70 RGB MK2, SteelSeries Rival 600, Bose Companion 2 Series III speakers.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/02 10:08:01 (permalink)
Yeah no worries comparing your rig to the ps4. I'm sure your rid would crush it! Literally.. just stack your pc on top of the ps4 and see what happends! Haha joking!

The 2 1080 ftw cards alone drop the smack down on that ps4.

Yeah I can't wait to start adding the coolant to the loop. But I gota get out there and cut the grass! It's been 3 days of solid rain here and it's super long! Takes me 2 and a half hours to cut it! Prob 3 hours with as long as it is having to stop and empty the bag so much.. but I'll be dat dreaming of my rig the whole time! Haha

moknowsbest
Superclocked Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/06 17:47:08 (permalink)
AHowes
Yeah no worries comparing your rig to the ps4. I'm sure your rid would crush it! Literally.. just stack your pc on top of the ps4 and see what happends! Haha joking!

Yeah I can't wait to start adding the coolant to the loop. But I gota get out there and cut the grass! It's been 3 days of solid rain here and it's super long! Takes me 2 and a half hours to cut it! Prob 3 hours with as long as it is having to stop and empty the bag so much.. but I'll be dat dreaming of my rig the whole time! Haha

haha sorry for the late laugh :P anyways!!!! I just installed the GeForce GTX SLI HB Bridge and mannn oh mannnn such difference, comparing to my asus ribbon sli bridge...eWW!! haha! my bechmark run on all ultra settings with 4k res running stable 40fps on stock clocked mode :) i am not even thinking of overclocking it because i am really happy with it! ahh the led light just adds an 'ouullalalala' to it :) i can't thank you enough AHowes! <3 All i am waiting for are 5 x 8gigs memory cards (2133mhz) and 1 960GB of SSD Drive by ADATA. and i'll feel complete.....maybe not....but just maybe... HAHA PCLIFE!
moknowsbest
Superclocked Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/06 17:50:36 (permalink)
hapkiman
The so-called "8 core" processor on the PS4 is actually made up of two quad core processors, and is as different as an apple is from an orange compared to your i7 6800k which is a true 6 core processor.   

couldn't agree more! :)
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/06 19:20:54 (permalink)
moknowsbest
AHowes

haha sorry for the late laugh :P anyways!!!! I just installed the GeForce GTX SLI HB Bridge and mannn oh mannnn such difference, comparing to my asus ribbon sli bridge...eWW!! haha! my bechmark run on all ultra settings with 4k res running stable 40fps on stock clocked mode :) i am not even thinking of overclocking it because i am really happy with it! ahh the led light just adds an 'ouullalalala' to it :) i can't thank you enough AHowes! <3 All i am waiting for are 5 x 8gigs memory cards (2133mhz) and 1 960GB of SSD Drive by ADATA. and i'll feel complete.....maybe not....but just maybe... HAHA PCLIFE!

Wow full boat of ram!! 64gb! Styling no doubt! Me and my small 16gb ram hehe.

Oh the sacrifices I made upgrading my rig to also afford to buy a new monitor and drives for my son's rig as he wanted his first right and I basically had enough parts to build him one with my rig I replaced.

Oh well.. next time I'll be set and boy will he be all over me to upgrade to have my rig. haha

moknowsbest
Superclocked Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/07 08:10:45 (permalink)
AHowes
moknowsbest
AHowes

Wow full boat of ram!! 64gb! Styling no doubt! Me and my small 16gb ram hehe.

Oh the sacrifices I made upgrading my rig to also afford to buy a new monitor and drives for my son's rig as he wanted his first right and I basically had enough parts to build him one with my rig I replaced.

Oh well.. next time I'll be set and boy will he be all over me to upgrade to have my rig. haha

i would soo love to see the whole set once everything is plugged and set up on the desk :) P.M me when it's picture time! :)

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/07 08:46:08 (permalink)
Here's 2 quick ones of it.. early pics so no evga hb bridge :/.

I gota get me a couple of rgb lights to plug into and control from the asus mb. Try and see if there's a way to put them on the edge of the water blocks to light them up.. maybe just the first one cause it's all I can see and one under the motherboard maybe.

Also would be nice to light the inside up being all black ya can't see much.

I also need anot her windowed side panel for the other side so I can see the rest of the motherboard and cpu/ram.. Haha that's what I don't like about my case with its horizontal mb. :( love the fast that it supports heavy graphics cards well this way but I can't see nothing other then the graphics cards! Plus these classifieds are twin towers!!

Attached Image(s)

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/07 08:47:26 (permalink)
Another angle

Attached Image(s)

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: PC NOOB in need of HELP! Dual GTX1080 FTW Edition ACX 3.0 2016/10/07 08:48:58 (permalink)
One last one for now.

Attached Image(s)

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 10
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile