Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
joeymir
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 732
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
2015/06/25 16:37:42 (permalink)
I just want to hear others take on the matter. With so many recent disastrous game releases such as Batman Arkham Knight, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed Unity, ect ect, It makes a PC gamer wonder what is going on with the industry. At this point, since the release of Battlefield 4, I told myself, never will I again pre-order another game, which is sad, as I like to support these game companies, and show how excited I am about there newest games by pre-ordering! Well that's now been ruined.

I am not sure whether to blame consoles, piracy, or greed for all the issues, perhaps all 3 play a large part, but man things need to change. Piracy, do people still pirate games!? with how easy it is via Steam or Orgin to simply purchase & download & never step a foot outside, it's a wonderful thing. Console ports, bleh......such yuck & how many issues seem to arise, BUT! that's where all the sales are at sadly :( . This is what it's all come to be though We the paying customers are just as much to blame as-well, giving companies our money time & time again months before release. Really this is just a "vicious cycle" proving history consistently repeats itself. I just hope us PC gamers won't be totally shafted in years to come, and companies will stop rushing out unfinished & unpolished games. I am glad to say since the release of BF4 i have yet to Pre-Order a game! My heart goes out to anyone who Pre-Ordered the newest Batman Game, at least you can get a refund! Anyway enough of my complaining/venting! any other takers on this topic?

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master | Ryzen 9 5900X | 32GB Crucial Ballisitx DDR4 3600MHz | MSI Radeon 6900 XT | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | 2x Crucial MX500 1TB Raid-0 | 2x WD Velociraptors 500GB Raid-0 | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850W | Lian-Li PC-O11

49 Replies Related Threads

ManBearPig
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6130
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 16:58:13 (permalink)
    I got the new Batman game for free, but I enjoyed it so much that I bought the Season Pass.  I'm not having any problems with the game performance wise on a single 970.  It to me is easily the best Batman game by far, having so much fun with it and the new Batmobile.  I also have 1150 hours in BF4, so you probably know how I feel about that game.  Can't comment about ACU as I haven't played it yet (got it free with one of my 970s though).  I do not think PC gaming is a dying breed at all.  Is PC gaming perfect right now?  Of course not.  If the majority of people played on the PC, we wouldn't have these problems.  Unfortunately the consoles are cheaper when you first buy them (becomes more expensive over time with online fees and games usually costing more with no Steam sales) and just easier to sit down and play.  So that's where lots of people go, and the companies follow their money.  But if us PC gamers just stopped giving them our money, I bet they would pay even less attention to us, if any at all.  It would be nice if every company just made the PC version first with console ports to follow, but that most likely won't happen unless there is a big shift to PC gaming.

Baltothewolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3762
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 17:27:32 (permalink)
    ***REMOVED TOS***, why pay for a game and risk it being crap? Have had it happen to me one to many times.

I don't see your hate at BF4? It's an excellent game and I have close to 400 hours in it. It was a rough launch, but they seem to have fixed most of the issues.

ACU was just a disaster in general. Sad thing.

I haven't heard anything bad about the new batman game.
    post edited by Afterburner - 2015/06/26 05:18:56

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
    -7700HQ.
    -16GB RAM.
    -GTX 1070.
    -128GB SSD.
    -1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 17:30:14 (permalink)
    Just when I was wondering where the monthly "PC Gaming is Dying" or "Is the PC Dead?" thread is, it shows up right on que.

We've been hearing about PC gaming being a dying breed, about to go extinct, etc. for over a decade....still here and thriving. It is always in a constant state of flux. It is ever evolving and IMO will be here 15 years from now.....and these threads will be around then too.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 17:37:41 (permalink)
    Image quality and game details on PC should look much better than console if you compare hardware for PC with PS4 example...
    But difference is not so big at all... That's disaster and bad optimization of games to use much stronger hardware than really need.
    It's funny if you compare X99 platform with multi GPU configuration and capability of such hardware with PS4 or other console...
    Developers pull max from hardware build in console and our games are optimized to use much stronger hardware than need or fps will drop, with all problems as low GPU usage, fps drops, bottleneck, etc...
    post edited by Vlada011 - 2015/06/25 17:39:07

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

veganfanatic
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2119
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 17:46:52 (permalink)
    consoles today are a low end pc

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
    My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
    My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
    joeymir
    SSC Member
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 17:48:44 (permalink)
    Baltothewolf
    I torrent still all the time, why pay for a game and risk it being crap? Have had it happen to me one to many times.

I don't see your hate at BF4? It's an excellent game and I have close to 400 hours in it. It was a rough launch, but they seem to have fixed most of the issues.

No hate man, I myself have 640 hours logged , and while I truly love the game, the launch was tragic at best. What i was getting at is game companies continually putting out broken games at launch on a much more frequent scale now days, which is bound to take it's toll on the PC gaming community.

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master | Ryzen 9 5900X | 32GB Crucial Ballisitx DDR4 3600MHz | MSI Radeon 6900 XT | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | 2x Crucial MX500 1TB Raid-0 | 2x WD Velociraptors 500GB Raid-0 | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850W | Lian-Li PC-O11

joeymir
    SSC Member
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 17:48:44 (permalink)
    Baltothewolf
    ***REMOVED TOS***, why pay for a game and risk it being crap? Have had it happen to me one to many times.

No hate man, I myself have 640 hours logged , and while I truly love the game, the launch was tragic at best. What i was getting at is game companies continually putting out broken games at launch on a much more frequent scale now days, which is bound to take it's toll on the PC gaming community.
    post edited by Afterburner - 2015/06/26 05:20:14

jeppouza
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 227
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 17:49:27 (permalink)
    j2345912
    I just want to hear others take on the matter. With so many recent disastrous game releases such as Batman Arkham Knight, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed Unity, ect ect, It makes a PC gamer wonder what is going on with the industry. At this point, since the release of Battlefield 4, I told myself, never will I again pre-order another game, which is sad, as I like to support these game companies, and show how excited I am about there newest games by pre-ordering! Well that's now been ruined.

I am not sure whether to blame consoles, piracy, or greed for all the issues, perhaps all 3 play a large part, but man things need to change. Piracy, do people still pirate games!? with how easy it is via Steam or Orgin to simply purchase & download & never step a foot outside, it's a wonderful thing. Console ports, bleh......such yuck & how many issues seem to arise, BUT! that's where all the sales are at sadly :( . This is what it's all come to be though We the paying customers are just as much to blame as-well, giving companies our money time & time again months before release. Really this is just a "vicious cycle" proving history consistently repeats itself. I just hope us PC gamers won't be totally shafted in years to come, and companies will stop rushing out unfinished & unpolished games. I am glad to say since the release of BF4 i have yet to Pre-Order a game! My heart goes out to anyone who Pre-Ordered the newest Batman Game, at least you can get a refund! Anyway enough of my complaining/venting! any other takers on this topic?

This latest Batman title made me think about selling my PC, PS4 full of effects and PC looking like crap, that´s disastrous, I will never more buy a pre-order again, just gonna buy the game after the torrent and many reviews came out, then I will think in spend some cash in those crap bad optimized PC games.
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7806
    • Ribbons : 30
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 17:50:52 (permalink)
    Wow whats up with the forums lately, balto with a quad post, then OP doubles up too....

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
    Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 18:18:13 (permalink)
    I would put the blame on publishers. They decide which platform a game is developed for and which one receives the port.

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 19:45:52 (permalink)
    You posed the wrong premise. Pre-orders are a dying breed, not pc gaming. Seriously, don't buy anything unless you've looked it over sufficiently on Twitch.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2015/06/25 19:46:59
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4805
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 19:59:49 (permalink)
    PC gaming is not dying. We can all agree that the gaming industry is booming for both console and PC. The fact of the matter is that majority of people dont have money to buy games or just trinkets in general like they used too. So therefore that in itself can give the illusion that PC gaming is dying. Prices are going up and peoples pay checks are not keeping up with inflation. Also you can add that people dont have any money to buy games because they are drowning in debt from other aspects of their lives which I can post some other time about.

But what I really want to show are these fun facts:
    American workers simply do not make enough money to support a middle class family life style anymore.  These income numbers come directly from the Social Security Administration
    -39 percent of American workers make less than $20,000 a year.
    -52 percent of American workers make less than $30,000 a year.
    -63 percent of American workers make less than $40,000 a year.
    -72 percent of American workers make less than $50,000 a year.

It also may be hard to believe, but right now only 44 percent  of all U.S. adults are employed for 30 or more hours each week. So again PC gaming is not dying its just people dont have enough to spend on gaming or entertainment in general.

knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/25 21:09:09 (permalink)
    PC Gamer, is just a dumb label as educated dmmies label, the video game industry is what screwed up....
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/26 00:23:20 (permalink)
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    American workers simply do not make enough money to support a middle class family life style anymore.  These income numbers come directly from the Social Security Administration

It also may be hard to believe, but right now only 44 percent  of all U.S. adults are employed for 30 or more hours each week. So again PC gaming is not dying its just people dont have enough to spend on gaming or entertainment in general.

Going off topic but gotta respond to this.

Pretty hard to believe those salaries.. 72% below $50k?? Wow, that's shocking. You couldn't survive in NYC on that, unless you were single and lived crammed into a tiny 500sqft studio with several others living in each others' laps basically, and a staple diet of ramen. And still you'd just be surviving, if that.. forget about a future.

Definitely believe that only 44% work <30 hours a week, surprised it's not higher yet, but it definitely will be - attribute that to Obamacare, and that's only going to get worse as the Obamacare employer mandate fully kicks in and employers start feeling the pain. Here's what the employer mandate is, very briefly:

Obamacare Employer Mandate: originally set to begin in 2014, was delayed until 2015 / 2016. ObamaCare’s employer mandate is a requirement that
    (a) businesses that employ more than 100 full-time workers will be required to offer the health care coverage mandated by the government for 70 percent of its workers or face a penalty of $2,000 per employee. In 2016, these businesses must cover 95 percent of its employees, AND their dependents up to age 26. Yes, 26.
    (b) small businesses that employ 50 to 99 full-time workers get one more year before they must meet the same health insurance coverage requirements of the federal government or be forced to pay the penalty.
    (c) businesses that employ less than 50 workers are exempt from the requirements of the "Affordable Care Act" (lmao.. best example of an oxymoron ever).

Obvious way to circumvent that burden to employers is to cut staff hours to under 30 hours per week, which is exactly what is happening already with that 44% figure. Next year smaller businesses (50-99 employees) who run on an even tighter profit margin will face the same decision, and I bet 99% of them will either cut employee hours, fire staff so they are under 50 employees and exempt, or close their doors altogether. I would not be at all surprised to see that "employed <30 hours a week" number rise to 60% of all workers within 2 years... and see many small businesses collapsing, and watch unemployment skyrocket.. and because Obama will have finished his term, the new government will take the blame for it.

Far worse than that, this takes money out of workers pockets by cutting their hours, which will hurt the economy, and the workers with cut hours will have the additional burden of having to still pay insurance themselves. Either way it's a lose-lose situation. Insurance companies are already estimating premium increases of as much as 25-30% in 2016. Doctors are being paid less and many quality doctors are planning on leaving the US or retiring, because the lowered income yet ever-increasing malpractice insurance is making it not viable to work here. The remaining doctors are trying to turn unqualified nurses and in some case reception staff into medical practitioners to get more money in the door, malpractice suits will increase as a result, their insurance premiums will increase and so the death spiral will continue. The poor will get poorer definitely. This is a nightmare unfolding, and it is stunning the supreme court just voted yesterday 6-3 to uphold Obamacare (although considering who appoints these guys, no great surprise there). It is unbelievably short-sighted of the government to think this will work.

Bottom line - things are going to get a whole lot worse for the majority of Americans in the coming years.. and I'm not even touching on Social Security being effectively bankrupt, or the possible illegal alien free-for-all amnesty. USA will end up like Russia where there's a very very small super-rich elite group, and then everyone else just struggling to survive from one day to the next, with crime rampant, and organized crime running everything.

Please note I am trying to stay away from the political arguments since that is against ToS, but it *is* known as Obamacare, and the employer mandate was delayed intentionally, these are facts not opinions.

/rant.

Is PC gaming a dying breed? That will be the least of our concerns the way things are going.

post edited by Nereus - 2015/06/26 00:44:52

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

joeymir
    SSC Member
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/26 01:21:05 (permalink)
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    Wow whats up with the forums lately, balto with a quad post, then OP doubles up too....

This may have been my fault, as I had one too many RedBulls at the time of the post, and may have double tapped dat button lol.
    knightsilver
    PC Gamer, is just a dumb label as educated dmmies label, the video game industry is what screwed up....

I think that's a very valid statement! The gaming industry is all sorts of FUBAR
    Nereus
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

Going off topic but gotta respond to this.

Pretty hard to believe those salaries.. 72% below $50k?? Wow, that's shocking. You couldn't survive in NYC on that, unless you were single and lived crammed into a tiny 500sqft studio with several others living in each others' laps basically, and a staple diet of ramen. And still you'd just be surviving, if that.. forget about a future.

Definitely believe that only 44% work <30 hours a week, surprised it's not higher yet, but it definitely will be - attribute that to Obamacare, and that's only going to get worse as the Obamacare employer mandate fully kicks in and employers start feeling the pain. Here's what the employer mandate is, very briefly:

Obamacare Employer Mandate: originally set to begin in 2014, was delayed until 2015 / 2016. ObamaCare’s employer mandate is a requirement that
    (a) businesses that employ more than 100 full-time workers will be required to offer the health care coverage mandated by the government for 70 percent of its workers or face a penalty of $2,000 per employee. In 2016, these businesses must cover 95 percent of its employees, AND their dependents up to age 26. Yes, 26.
    (b) small businesses that employ 50 to 99 full-time workers get one more year before they must meet the same health insurance coverage requirements of the federal government or be forced to pay the penalty.
    (c) businesses that employ less than 50 workers are exempt from the requirements of the "Affordable Care Act" (lmao.. best example of an oxymoron ever).

Obvious way to circumvent that burden to employers is to cut staff hours to under 30 hours per week, which is exactly what is happening already with that 44% figure. Next year smaller businesses (50-99 employees) who run on an even tighter profit margin will face the same decision, and I bet 99% of them will either cut employee hours, fire staff so they are under 50 employees and exempt, or close their doors altogether. I would not be at all surprised to see that "employed <30 hours a week" number rise to 60% of all workers within 2 years... and see many small businesses collapsing, and watch unemployment skyrocket.. and because Obama will have finished his term, the new government will take the blame for it.

Far worse than that, this takes money out of workers pockets by cutting their hours, which will hurt the economy, and the workers with cut hours will have the additional burden of having to still pay insurance themselves. Either way it's a lose-lose situation. Insurance companies are already estimating premium increases of as much as 25-30% in 2016. Doctors are being paid less and many quality doctors are planning on leaving the US or retiring, because the lowered income yet ever-increasing malpractice insurance is making it not viable to work here. The remaining doctors are trying to turn unqualified nurses and in some case reception staff into medical practitioners to get more money in the door, malpractice suits will increase as a result, their insurance premiums will increase and so the death spiral will continue. The poor will get poorer definitely. This is a nightmare unfolding, and it is stunning the supreme court just voted yesterday 6-3 to uphold Obamacare (although considering who appoints these guys, no great surprise there). It is unbelievably short-sighted of the government to think this will work.

Bottom line - things are going to get a whole lot worse for the majority of Americans in the coming years.. and I'm not even touching on Social Security being effectively bankrupt, or the possible illegal alien free-for-all amnesty. USA will end up like Russia where there's a very very small super-rich elite group, and then everyone else just struggling to survive from one day to the next, with crime rampant, and organized crime running everything.

Please note I am trying to stay away from the political arguments since that is against ToS, but it *is* known as Obamacare, and the employer mandate was delayed intentionally, these are facts not opinions.

/rant.

Is PC gaming a dying breed? That will be the least of our concerns the way things are going.

While not necessarily on topic, I can truly appreciate your post, and it is very true! The world is on a narrow path for disaster.  

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/26 03:10:33 (permalink)
    ManBearPig
    Can't comment about ACU as I haven't played it yet (got it free with one of my 970s though). 

ACU is awesome on the 970's/980's.

It'lll run perfectly on a single 970, hands down.
    post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/06/26 03:24:33

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102313
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/26 03:58:38 (permalink)
    PC gaming is back on track for a revival. Release of new GPUs from NVIDIA and AMD is helping.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Pgcmoore
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2037
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/26 04:05:13 (permalink)
    I agree, lots of new games that are going to be released in the next 6-9 months will push it and all the newest gpu's to there limits. 

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"    

My Affiliate Code is  05G-UGD-GZVU

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/26 19:15:01 (permalink)
    Moving to the Gaming Section.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15887
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/26 19:34:38 (permalink)
    Is it dying? No. Is hardware development on a slow down and sales down? Yes defiantly. We as PC gamers now hold the power of the purse thanks to Valve, that will pull in more people into PC gaming that have gotten sick of getting the shaft on their console game purchases and have the power to do nothing. PC gaming is even getting cheaper and more affordable. Look at the steam boxes 499 gets you a mini PC that does 1080p better than any console. As the economy has not recovered people are going to want to save money on their games the PC does that with retailers and the different digital distribution services. If anything the Enthusiast HIGH end market is dying out people have better and more important things to spend their money on than 1k gpus and 800-1k+ cpus. Maybe it will mean the enthusiast market will go back to where it used to be, where we oced the hell out of lesser hardware to give us close to or next to the performance of top dollar parts. But even hardware manufacturers are making that harder and many just say its not worth overclocking anymore.
    post edited by donta1979 - 2015/06/27 17:43:27

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    Pitfighter
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 267
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/26 22:07:12 (permalink)
    j2345912
    I just want to hear others take on the matter. With so many recent disastrous game releases such as Batman Arkham Knight, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed Unity, ect ect, It makes a PC gamer wonder what is going on with the industry. At this point, since the release of Battlefield 4, I told myself, never will I again pre-order another game, which is sad, as I like to support these game companies, and show how excited I am about there newest games by pre-ordering!

For whatever it's worth, it's not just game software developers that are releasing products that are unfinished and require extensive end user testing. In my job, I use some enterprise software that are plagued with bugs and glitches. Every time an "update" is issued or an "upgrade" is purchased, we always cringe at the thought of what new problems these will bring

On one application we just updated a couple of months ago, it became harder for us to click on any field. Quite often, the incorrect field opens up.

I thought to myself yesterday, "the hit detection on this thing is crap"!
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/27 08:24:39 (permalink)
    Nereus

Not everyone lives in New York City.  $55,000 a year gross (~$40,000 a year take-home pay) is very easy to live on in many areas of the interior United States.  For instance, if you lived in the Midwest and paid $700 a month for rent, you would still have over $2500 a month to live off of.  $2500 easily covers all standard bills and groceries in the Midwest with extra remaining for savings.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2015/06/27 08:31:12
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/27 08:29:15 (permalink)
    Vlada011
    Image quality and game details on PC should look much better than console if you compare hardware for PC with PS4 example...
    But difference is not so big at all... That's disaster and bad optimization of games to use much stronger hardware than really need.
    It's funny if you compare X99 platform with multi GPU configuration and capability of such hardware with PS4 or other console...
    Developers pull max from hardware build in console and our games are optimized to use much stronger hardware than need or fps will drop, with all problems as low GPU usage, fps drops, bottleneck, etc...

Consoles are highly optimized because the hardware is known ahead of time.  PCs are NOT highly optimized because the hardware is NOT known ahead of time.  In many cases it is not the developers fault that they didn't optimize for your hardware.  If they had optimized for your hardware, you would have been happy, but someone else would have been very mad.  Consoles will always perform well with lower hardware compared to PC; because consoles have the benefit of being a mass-produced item with known hardware.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/27 13:11:08 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Nereus

Not everyone lives in New York City.  $55,000 a year gross (~$40,000 a year take-home pay) is very easy to live on in many areas of the interior United States.  For instance, if you lived in the Midwest and paid $700 a month for rent, you would still have over $2500 a month to live off of.  $2500 easily covers all standard bills and groceries in the Midwest with extra remaining for savings.

True that. I'm also guessing the average income in parts of the Midwest is lower than in NYC.. so it's all relative, ie: $55k is comparatively a well paid job in Midwest.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/27 19:44:58 (permalink)
    Baltothewolf

What? LOL, you must be trolling... Have you checked the Steam forums or store page for the new Batman game? 
    fubarhouse
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 288
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/28 14:14:23 (permalink)
    There's more going for PC now more than ever.
    PC games are streamlined with Steam, and streaming bring fantastic new availability for desktop users.
    Pretty soon, a lot more gamers will have a desktop in their living room.
    1sthurricane
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 398
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/28 17:51:09 (permalink)
    Have been hearing pc gaming was dying,well since I had my first 32 bit console..."3do"which was pre- Sony Playstation.And still love pc gaming.

*Asus x99 Deluxe*Intel i7 5930k*G-Skill Ripjaws ddr4 2800 16g*x2 EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI*EVGA SuperNova P2 1200  PSU*NZXT X-61 Kraken*Bitfenix Recon*Corsair AIR540 "Artic White" Case*Samsung 850 Pro 500/250  SSD's*WD 3 TB HDD*Pioneer Blu Ray*Asus Rog Swift 27"*Logitech G-19/Proteus/430*
    TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 4893
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/29 14:51:19 (permalink)
    There is always the new PC killer and the new console killer and the new (fill in game type/title) killer coming, never happens.  A lot of this industry has coexisted and likely will for a long time.

Also, now that XBox controllers are plug and play in Windows that is a BIG plus for getting console guys over to PC.  I wish the PS3/4 controllers worked as well on PC (fit my hand better than XBOX) but that is a positive thing, in the end  a lot of people like the plug and play function of a console, but when all is said and done they cannot match the framerate, picture quality and options of the PC.  I think there will always be room for both in the industry, and neither is killing off the other anytime soon.
    seth89
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5290
    Re: PC Gaming, Is It A Dying Breed? 2015/06/30 06:46:18 (permalink)
    I buy 1 Xbox/ps4 every 9 years.
    I buy a video card(s) every 2 years....

I dont think its dead or on its way out. How many video cards are sold each year Vs. Xbox/Ps/Nintendo.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile