Overclocking 760 ACX SC 2GB (EVGA)

Author
Jonah29
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/11/22 03:00:00 (permalink)
Hi,
I have a EVGA 760 2GB ACX SC gpu and I want to overclock it.
Any suggestions on how to overclock ( and what program to use)
My rig:
760 2GB ACX SC
i5  4670K (Stock intel fan)
16 GB 1600MHZ RAM (PNY)
650W PSU
Z97 MSI Gaming 5
Case is Zalman Z11Plus (not that is matters just pointing out that there are 5 fans in the case)
Thanks,
Jonah

1 Reply Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Overclocking 760 ACX SC 2GB (EVGA) 2014/11/22 23:45:39 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forums.

Install the benchmarks 3DMark and Unigine Valley.

Install EVGA Precision.

With EVGA Precision, raise the GPU Clock Offset..You can move a slider with your mouse..You can click on a number, type a number and press Enter on the keyboard..You can click a slider and use the left/right arrows on the keyboard..Click Apply..A good starting point would be +65 for the GPU Clock Offset.

Run the benchmarks to check for artifacts/freezing..If okay, raise the GPU Clock Offset until you do get artifacts/freezing and then lower it until you don't.

Do the same thing with the Memory Clock Offset..A good starting point would be +100MHz.

Unlink the Power and Temp targets if you don't feel comfortable with the GPU throttling point at 95C (I don't, and set it to 90C) and lower the Temp Target, leaving Power Target at maximum..The GPU will throttle down whenever a target point is reached..The Maximum GPU Temperature specified by NVIDIA is 97C.

The GPU Clock Offset can only be effectively raised/lowered in 13MHz increments/multiples of 13MHz..This is a design limitation.

Set up a custom Fan Curve in Precision with a 1000ms Fan Speed Update Period and 100% fan speed at 70C..Set the GPU temp alarm at 90C.

Click the Graph button in Precision to set up on-screen display monitoring so you can see what's going on in benchmarks and games.

You can hover over most things with your mouse cursor in Precision to show Tool Tips.

Just because you can run a benchmark with no problems when overclocked, doesn't neccessarily mean you can run games without problems, and vice versa..You may need to adjust for that.

You can use Overvoltage to maybe get a higher/more stable overclock if you agree to the warning note.

You can use MSI Afterburner  which is mostly the same, but has more features (and less bugs) instead of the latest Precision..Or you can use the older/more stable version 4.2.1 of Precision.

You can change/customize settings however you want, this is just my take on things and how I do it.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile