EVGA

Ordered a EVGA Z97 Classified but will it fit in my case?

Author
xSWEDEx
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/01/30 02:10:36 (permalink)
My case is a CM Storm Stryker and it supports Micro-ATX, ATX, XL-ATX. EVGA Z97 Classified is EATX!
So my question is, is the EATX screwholes same as a ATX? If yes I should be able to use my case.

My CM Storm Stryker has room for EVGA Z97 Classified as you can see where the Cable management is, the motherboard will cover half of the Cable management holes.

4 Replies Related Threads

JoeyC
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1703
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Ordered a EVGA Z97 Classified but will it fit in my case? 2015/01/31 08:32:37 (permalink)
    Good morning,

Although the Z97 Classified is a E-ATX form factor the mounting holes are the same as ATX. Due to the increased width size, the motherboard may cover or partially cover the cable management holes on the right side of the chassis. I hope this information helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Rate my service by going to: http://www.evga.com/myevga/rateus/

xSWEDEx
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re: Ordered a EVGA Z97 Classified but will it fit in my case? 2015/01/31 08:43:22 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JoeyC
    Good morning,

Although the Z97 Classified is a E-ATX form factor the mounting holes are the same as ATX. Due to the increased width size, the motherboard may cover or partially cover the cable management holes on the right side of the chassis. I hope this information helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for your answer EVGATech_JoeyC,
    That answers my question about mounting holes matching and as you wrote i fully understand that it would maybe cover half Cable management holes.
    Im glad it will fit :)
    Best Regards xSWEDEx
    JoeyC
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1703
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Ordered a EVGA Z97 Classified but will it fit in my case? 2015/01/31 08:54:39 (permalink)
    Glad I was able to answer your questions, if you have any other questions feel free to contact me. 

Have a good weekend 

Rate my service by going to: http://www.evga.com/myevga/rateus/

AKToronto
    • Total Posts : 81
    Re: Ordered a EVGA Z97 Classified but will it fit in my case? 2015/02/04 13:14:37 (permalink)
    The one caveat to this is to be mindful of the right angled connector for the 12pin mobo power. I really like the right angled connector myself but it may be difficult if you don't have enough room in your case. You may need to consider how to route this cable as you likely wont be able to use the cable management holes...

It may not be a problem with most good cases... I love the look of my z97 classified in my Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Case, for example!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile