OSD Display Problem With Afterburner and Crysis

Author
007vsMagua
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1677
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2014/11/20 20:38:17 (permalink)
I purchased Crysis last holiday season from Steam and have waited to play it until I upgraded my GPU. I finally upgraded my GPU and now I want to give Crysis a try for the first time to see if I can push it to the maximum. I've played Warhead and Crysis 2 and never had a problem with my OSD while using Precision at that time. With Precision and Afterburner pretty much being the same program I've went with Afterburner because it seems simpler to use.

I was using the v2.3.1 version of Afterburner when I started playing Crysis yesterday, but I couldn't get the OSD to show anything. Searching the net I've read that there was some issue with 32bit vs 64bit and some posted workarounds, but I also read that more recent BETAs of Afterburner should work. I've installed the v4.0.0 version of Afterburner but still no OSD.

I know this issue goes back in time, but if anyone has any ideas I'd like to hear them.

Thanks _ D.B.

"Life is like stepping onto a boat which is about to sail out to Sea and sink." _Shunryu Suzuki Roshi

EVGA __ RTX 3070 FTW Super   ---   INTEL __ i7-7700K 
MSI __ Z270 Gaming M7   ---  GSKILL __ 16GB TridentZ 3200
NZXT __ Kraken X62 / HUE+ / GRID+ v2 / AER Fans x2 / USB Hub
SAMSUNG  __ 850 EVO 500GB   ---   WD  __  1TB Black / 1TB Blue 
EVGA  __ 850 G3   ---   NZXT  __  S340 Elite (White)  -  [/siz

7 Replies Related Threads

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10337
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: OSD Display Problem With Afterburner and Crysis 2014/11/24 11:26:14 (permalink)
    I'm assuming here you're talking about using OSD in Crysis3.  I just tested it out and the OSD functions is working properly.

When you installed AB, did you also install the optional Riva Tuner which is required for OSD functionality?
    Did you put check mark's next to the items you want monitored in the OSD in the properties menu under the monitoring tab?  And then also check mark the box that says "show in on screen display" on the same properties page for monitoring?

If you do all the above things, the OSD feature should work for you...

Let me know how it goes or if you have any further questions...

007vsMagua
    FTW Member
    Re: OSD Display Problem With Afterburner and Crysis 2014/11/24 13:30:51 (permalink)
    bdary
    I'm assuming here you're talking about using OSD in Crysis3.  I just tested it out and the OSD functions is working properly.

When you installed AB, did you also install the optional Riva Tuner which is required for OSD functionality?
    Did you put check mark's next to the items you want monitored in the OSD in the properties menu under the monitoring tab?  And then also check mark the box that says "show in on screen display" on the same properties page for monitoring?

I'm talking about the original 2007 Crysis. My young friend who built my first computer for me back in 2008 showed me what the original Crysis looked like on his computer and I was impressed. At the time Ben built my computer, I was not interested that much in gaming and just wanted a good all-around computer so I could get my foot in the door of computing. I'm an older guy, but eventually my young friend convinced me to try to play Half Life 2, I did, and I've been hooked ever since. I now build my own computers and I picked up the original Crysis last year at a great price, and because I've always read how it was a very demanding game, and also a good game designed for PC's, I thought I'd give it a shot, but I like having the OSD working so I can adjust my settings as needed.

ps_ I've been using Precision or Afterburner for a couple of years and know how to set them up. I monitor all of the games I play using the OSD as I like to keep an eye on temps and fan.
    post edited by 007vsMagua - 2014/11/24 13:34:02

"Life is like stepping onto a boat which is about to sail out to Sea and sink." _Shunryu Suzuki Roshi

kidcrumb
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4541
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: OSD Display Problem With Afterburner and Crysis 2014/11/24 13:41:06 (permalink)
    I miss older games like Crysis 1 and Far Cry 2. They all had Physics. New games like Far Cry 4 completely lack a sense of immersion. Throw a grenade, it explodes. In Far Cry 2 and Crysis that grenade can blow up an entire shack.

Intel i7 11700k l ASUS PRIME Z590-A l ASUS TUF RTX3080Ti l 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro l Evga 1000w Gold l 512GB Samsung EVO l 2x5 TB Storage Drives l  Corsair Crystal 570X White l Audio Engine A5+

007vsMagua
    FTW Member
    Re: OSD Display Problem With Afterburner and Crysis 2014/11/24 13:47:06 (permalink)
    kidcrumb
    I miss older games like Crysis 1 and Far Cry 2. They all had Physics. New games like Far Cry 4 completely lack a sense of immersion. Throw a grenade, it explodes. In Far Cry 2 and Crysis that grenade can blow up an entire shack.

+1 for Physics and being able to take a tree down.

kidcrumb
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4541
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: OSD Display Problem With Afterburner and Crysis 2014/11/24 13:54:30 (permalink)
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1317026/cant-get-my-afterburner-osd-to-work-in-crysis-solved

Anyway, I found this online. Maybe it will work for you too.

Edit: Also, whats with all of this terrible distant lands stuff? Crysis 1 barely has any pop ins while playing it. It blurs details at a distance instead of making them disappear altogether. I hate flying in the Far Cry 4 helicopter thingy because all I see are trees appear from nowhere. 
    post edited by kidcrumb - 2014/11/24 14:00:38

Intel i7 11700k l ASUS PRIME Z590-A l ASUS TUF RTX3080Ti l 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro l Evga 1000w Gold l 512GB Samsung EVO l 2x5 TB Storage Drives l  Corsair Crystal 570X White l Audio Engine A5+

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10337
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: OSD Display Problem With Afterburner and Crysis 2014/11/24 15:18:10 (permalink)
    007vsMagua
    bdary

I'm talking about the original 2007 Crysis. My young friend who built my first computer for me back in 2008 showed me what the original Crysis looked like on his computer and I was impressed. At the time Ben built my computer, I was not interested that much in gaming and just wanted a good all-around computer so I could get my foot in the door of computing. I'm an older guy, but eventually my young friend convinced me to try to play Half Life 2, I did, and I've been hooked ever since. I now build my own computers and I picked up the original Crysis last year at a great price, and because I've always read how it was a very demanding game, and also a good game designed for PC's, I thought I'd give it a shot, but I like having the OSD working so I can adjust my settings as needed.

ps_ I've been using Precision or Afterburner for a couple of years and know how to set them up. I monitor all of the games I play using the OSD as I like to keep an eye on temps and fan.

Ahh. Ok.  Looks like you have a possible solution from the link Kidcrumb supplied.  Hope it works for you...

I've got the original Crysis laying around here somewhere.  Haven't thought about that game in a long time...

007vsMagua
    FTW Member
    Re: OSD Display Problem With Afterburner and Crysis 2014/11/24 17:27:06 (permalink)
    Thanks for the replies. I'll give that link a try tomorrow, but for now it's time for some Monday Night Football.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile