Nvidia Shield Tablet

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7220
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Nvidia Shield Tablet 2014/08/18 10:30:05 (permalink)
xphyle
chrisdglong
xphyle
chrisdglong
I got a refund for the Shield tab that I bought. If you go to the Geforce forums there is a 18 page (so far) thread about cracks forming around the edges of the tab. I barely noticed this happening on mine and took it back for a refund. Nvidia should be ashamed at the horrible lack of quality of the Shield tab. I only used the tab a couple hours at most. I ended up buying a Galaxy S 8.4. The S is far better. The only thing the Shield can do, that other tabs cannot, is play Trine and stream PC games. Other than that, other tabs are far better.

To be completely fair, Nvidia has already acknowledged ALL of the issues of the Shield tab and are regularly giving updates on their forums. Once they fix the crack and any other issues, they are offering RMAs to anyone for a shiny new and improved replacement tablet.

Clearly you are trying to disparage Nvidia because you are upset about the issues that ONLY A FEW USERS are experiencing.

The Galaxy 8.4 is a good tablet, but will never be on the same level as the Shield tablet with its Wifi direct controller and gaming capabilities, console mode, Half Life 2, Portal, and any other Tegra only games that are released.

Just look at the Amazon and New Egg reviews... The 19 pages of the "cracked" thread at geforce.com.

Not sure what you are looking at, but the Amazon reviews are close to 5 stars aggregated, and the Newegg reviews are stellar.

Did you actually read any of them,or just look at the scores? Stop being a fanboy and admit there is a design flaw causing this issue. Even Nvidia has said this.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102339
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Nvidia Shield Tablet 2014/08/18 10:35:44 (permalink)
chrisdglong
xphyle
chrisdglong
xphyle
chrisdglong
I got a refund for the Shield tab that I bought. If you go to the Geforce forums there is a 18 page (so far) thread about cracks forming around the edges of the tab. I barely noticed this happening on mine and took it back for a refund. Nvidia should be ashamed at the horrible lack of quality of the Shield tab. I only used the tab a couple hours at most. I ended up buying a Galaxy S 8.4. The S is far better. The only thing the Shield can do, that other tabs cannot, is play Trine and stream PC games. Other than that, other tabs are far better.

To be completely fair, Nvidia has already acknowledged ALL of the issues of the Shield tab and are regularly giving updates on their forums. Once they fix the crack and any other issues, they are offering RMAs to anyone for a shiny new and improved replacement tablet.

Clearly you are trying to disparage Nvidia because you are upset about the issues that ONLY A FEW USERS are experiencing.

The Galaxy 8.4 is a good tablet, but will never be on the same level as the Shield tablet with its Wifi direct controller and gaming capabilities, console mode, Half Life 2, Portal, and any other Tegra only games that are released.

Just look at the Amazon and New Egg reviews... The 19 pages of the "cracked" thread at geforce.com.

Not sure what you are looking at, but the Amazon reviews are close to 5 stars aggregated, and the Newegg reviews are stellar.

Did you actually read any of them,or just look at the scores? Stop being a fanboy and admit there is a design flaw causing this issue. Even Nvidia has said this.

Regardless NVIDIA is the the responsible party for this item and I'm sure they will make things right for the customer.

The second thing I will say is that everyone when they post needs to post with respect. You can disagree with another forum member on a professional level.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile