EVGA

No Reflection of Folding work/points on EVGA site

Author
Sandler73
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/07/26 15:53:31 (permalink)
I've been running the folding for a while. At around 1.4 million points according to the folding web gui. Unfortunately I see no reflection of those points on the EVGA pages associated to folding and current points. I've made sure that the profile is correct on the EVGA site to match the folding name and I've triple checked that the team is correct within the folding application. 

Does anyone know why the points would not be displaying?

8 Replies Related Threads

Chris21010
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1587
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: No Reflection of Folding work/points on EVGA site 2016/07/26 16:26:07 (permalink)
    not only does your login profile name have to match but you have to give them your folding name under your profile settings. also its no big deal as you can claim all of this years EVGA Bucks at one time if you wanted. you just have to claim them before the the end of this years event.

Sandler73
    Re: No Reflection of Folding work/points on EVGA site 2016/07/26 16:39:33 (permalink)
    Right. I made sure to put in my profile name and folding name. Both are the Sandler73. When I put Sandler73 in the section for folding name, the system apparently automatically added the @EVGA. My main thought right now is ensuring that the points are simply being properly attributed to the EVGA team. The web gui indicates that it is being added to the Team EVGA ~96.4 billion folding points. The fact that it was not showing from the EVGA end, to me, was possibly indicative of a data flow disconnect or error.  If that were so then I wanted to make it known so that it could be looked into and then addressed.

The bucks is an awesome perk though and beyond the fact that I am a regular EVGA customer is primary reason why I switched over to the EVGA team for folding.

drougnor
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2715
    • Ribbons : 18
    Re: No Reflection of Folding work/points on EVGA site 2016/07/26 16:39:45 (permalink)
    I can verify that the name 'Sandler73' is at 1409420 points as of the last update. 

Please double check how you have your name setup in the profile that you don't have an accidental leading or trailing space, that the S is capitalized and that there's no accidental space between the 'r' and '7'

Those are the most common issues I've run into when people are trying to set up their folding to match their username - simple mistakes that you wouldn't easily catch.

d

Sandler73
    Re: No Reflection of Folding work/points on EVGA site 2016/07/26 17:02:56 (permalink)
    drougnor
    I can verify that the name 'Sandler73' is at 1409420 points as of the last update. 

Please double check how you have your name setup in the profile that you don't have an accidental leading or trailing space, that the S is capitalized and that there's no accidental space between the 'r' and '7'

Those are the most common issues I've run into when people are trying to set up their folding to match their username - simple mistakes that you wouldn't easily catch.

d

Chris21010
    not only does your login profile name have to match but you have to give them your folding name under your profile settings. also its no big deal as you can claim all of this years EVGA Bucks at one time if you wanted. you just have to claim them before the the end of this years event.

Chris21010 & Drougnor,

Thank you both for responding. Being as both of your suggestions/advice fell within the same vein, I went ahead and, from a clean system instance, redid my folding name input in my profile. There is a chance that there was something within the web interface that was taking the input incorrectly and/or had hidden characters that were affecting the input. This is entirely possible due some alterations to my system that I have made in the way that it handles html and php, in addition to the fact that I had been noticing some formatting errors on other pages both within EVGA forums and without.

So here is hoping that the new input will allow the system to properly pull and sync the information to my account.

Thanks again for the input.

drougnor
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2715
    • Ribbons : 18
    Re: No Reflection of Folding work/points on EVGA site 2016/07/26 17:05:14 (permalink)
    No problem, glad to be of help. Just another side effect of my own personal collection of the teams stats on an hourly basis - I get to help troubleshoot random issues like this.

The team has gone above and beyond for so many others as well as for me, so these little services are the least I can do.

d

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: No Reflection of Folding work/points on EVGA site 2016/07/27 10:32:38 (permalink)
    Sandler73, I just wanted to welcome you to the folding team. This is a great bunch we have here, very helpful and friendly. I hope we have a folding contest when the weather cools down for everyone, they are quite a lot of fun.  
    robbysites
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1978
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: No Reflection of Folding work/points on EVGA site 2016/07/27 16:53:12 (permalink)
    notfordman
    Sandler73, I just wanted to welcome you to the folding team. This is a great bunch we have here, very helpful and friendly. I hope we have a folding contest when the weather cools down for everyone, they are quite a lot of fun.  

Welcome the folding team!!

MY AFFILIATE CODE-000H94333W

BrandonS
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 678
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: No Reflection of Folding work/points on EVGA site 2016/07/28 14:51:01 (permalink)
    Sandler73, welcome to the forums, and thank you for folding! I believe I found the problem on your account: your folding name in the profile has an extra @EVGA on the end. I've now adjusted it, so you should start seeing points on your My Folding page. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile