No Overclocking-effects

Author
heni63
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/04/28 10:47:09 (permalink)
Heyho Forum-Users! :)

I got the GTX 670 OC (2gb) some days ago and wanted to overclock with the "Overclocking-Master-Guide" (the quick one).

The fan section works fine, but not the Overclocking section. I put the voltage slider and the power target Slider to their maximum to then start to bring the GPU Clock offset so high, that my GPU-Boost clock is on 1100 (like in the Guide), but when I increase it there are no effects to the Clock or boost speed on the display :/ And also not on the monitor graphs, the only thing that changed was the voltage and I don't know why. (And yes, i clicked the apply button :D)

I thought it would be a thing of 30 min but it looks like more :P

It would be really nice if you could help me :)

cheers

heni63

3 Replies Related Threads

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10337
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: No Overclocking-effects 2015/05/02 06:16:28 (permalink)
    Hi & Welcome to the forum...

Did you run a benchmark or game after increasing the core clock to see whether or not the setting did increase?  You wouldn't see the increase in an idle state.

If you did already try this with no increase in the core clock, uninstall PrecX and answer no to saving data/profiles then reboot.  After back in Windows, reinstall the software and test it again.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: No Overclocking-effects 2015/05/02 07:30:58 (permalink)
    Did you hit apply? I know it is a silly question, but moving sliders doesn't change anything until you hit apply, every time.
    bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10337
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: No Overclocking-effects 2015/05/02 11:45:56 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    Did you hit apply? I know it is a silly question, but moving sliders doesn't change anything until you hit apply, every time.

It's an especially silly question when he clearly states in his OP that he did click apply...

heni63
    Heyho Forum-Users! :)

I got the GTX 670 OC (2gb) some days ago and wanted to overclock with the "Overclocking-Master-Guide" (the quick one).

The fan section works fine, but not the Overclocking section. I put the voltage slider and the power target Slider to their maximum to then start to bring the GPU Clock offset so high, that my GPU-Boost clock is on 1100 (like in the Guide), but when I increase it there are no effects to the Clock or boost speed on the display :/ And also not on the monitor graphs, the only thing that changed was the voltage and I don't know why. (And yes, i clicked the apply button :D)

I thought it would be a thing of 30 min but it looks like more :P

It would be really nice if you could help me :)

cheers

heni63

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile