• Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/07/01 21:07:00 (permalink)
Important Stuff:
GPU - GEForce GTX 780
Motherboard - MSI B85M-E45
CPU - Intel i5 4590
Monitor - HP 2011xi

Recently built my own PC (not literally. I bought the parts but had a friend put it together who's majoring in IT Tech or something and he's build (literally) dozen's of PC's before). When I connect my monitor to the DV-I port on the GPU when it's plugged in, connected, etc, my monitor says it gets no signal. When I plug it into the DV-I port on the Mobo when the graphics card is disconnected, it gets the signal just fine. (I tested this to make sure my monitor and/or cables weren't damaged.) 

The real issue being that the set-up worked perfectly for about one day. The computer was built, everything was assembled and working perfectly. I shut the PC down for the night, turned it back on the next morning and suddenly I get no video. 

The added challenge comes in now. My knowledge of computers isn't entirely all that large. I know enough to be able to answer most questions, but there are some things I might not understand. 

Help is greatly appreciated.

2 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: No Display with GTX 780 2015/07/02 00:19:47 (permalink)
    Sounds like a faulty card. Test the card in another system to verify it has a problem.
    beekermartin
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 765
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: No Display with GTX 780 2015/07/02 10:00:12 (permalink)
    If you can, remove the card and reinstall it just to make sure it is fully seated in the PCI Express slot.  That could be the issue.  Also, double check to make sure the power cables are fully seated into the card.  

If you still get nothing after that then I would assume the card is faulty.  

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile