EVGA

Nforce 750i SLI + Dragon Age:Inquisition

Author
homebrewer12
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/11/20 21:17:38 (permalink)
So i recently purchased DA:I, and ran into an unfortunate bug.  My game freezes at the main menu after a few seconds.  After waiting an hour to talk to tech support about the issue, and them reviewing my DXDiag info, they said that it's being caused by my outdated Bios driver.  I admit, its the ONLY driver I have that is out dated, simply because I'm not tech savy enough to update it.  Do you think this is actually causing the problem, or are they just picking the one non up-to-date driver I have and using that as an excuse for why their game isnt working on my machine?  heres my DXDiag info too, for any that can help. 

1 Reply Related Threads

Sprinx
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 364
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Nforce 750i SLI + Dragon Age:Inquisition 2014/11/24 07:31:02 (permalink)
    First, please list your entire system specs so we can get an idea of what you're working with.

It's not really accurate to call your BIOS a "driver." Since your board is pretty old from tech standards, it will say that the current BIOS is from 2009. This is because motherboard manufacturers don't continue to create new BIOS updates for motherboards as they age. This is due to the fact that they get most of the bugs out with current BIOS updates (among other reasons, like phasing out support for older hardware).

I think the Dragon Age support people are just seeing this 2009 date and using it to pass the buck. I don't know what could be causing your problem, but I doubt that it's your BIOS. That said, it's probably not the game either.

I would say to try to reinstall your video driver, or install an older version of it. Also, try and close all other programs, mainly any programs like FRAPS, EVGA Precision, or MSI Afterburner which insert themselves into the display portion of your game.

Lastly, try installing Windows fresh on a spare hard drive, and installing only the bare minimum to run the game (all drivers, then install the game).

ASUS Prime X570-Pro AM4 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB DDR4 3200
    Corsair Crystal 570X | Corsair CX-F CX750F PSU
    Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB Platinum CPU AIO 

Secondary Tri-SLI just-for-fun 790i FTW rig: http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=21014

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile