Author
mirkoj
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 109
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/09/30 05:18:40 (permalink)
Hello,
I've just started working on my new build. Half parts are here, couple more still needs to arrive, but most of the wait will be for GPUs, where I need some help with. 
It will be:
x99-e ws
5960x
32gb g.skill ripjaws 2666MHz ram
samsung ssd 850 pro 256GB
Corsair 900d case, corsair ax1500i PSU and an H100i for CPU cooling. 

For now I will use 4x EVGA Titan SC from my current build.

My final idea is to get 4 of EVGA hydrocooper cards, and make separated from CPU custom loop only for cards. 
Now what I could use couple tips on is:
1. will 1 quad radiator on bottom side pannel of case be enough for 4 980s (or even titans 2:))
something like this
http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/ek-coolstream-rad-xtx-480.html
or
http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/ek-coolstream-pe-480-quad.html

2. how are hydrocooper cards connected together in loop, any instructional videos, manual or anything?
Or in short what is needed for this to make, beside radiator and hydrocooper cards ofc, what type of fittings, any recommendations on pump and reservoir, tubing and liquid...
First time custom building so any help is welcomed. 
I do plan to wait for 980 8gb versions or titan 2 so no rush, but would like to start collecting water cooling parts in the mean time. 

Thanks for all the help.

1 Reply Related Threads

Brimy
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 250
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: New build - looking for couple advices 2014/09/30 06:29:26 (permalink)
    For instructional videos i suggest you check out Singularity Computers, Ronsanut and Jayztwocents youtube channels.

The radiator is sufficient however, i would add an extra 240 or 360mm radiator in the front. For pumps you want the D5 line as they give the best combined pressure head and flow rate for the restrictiveness of the GPU configuration.

The fittings would depend on what type of tubing you will use, if you use rigid tubes you need compression fittings for rigid tubing, Monsoon and PrimoChill make some good fittings for this and if you use flex tube you need barb or compression fitting for flex tube, XSPC, Monsoon, Bitspower are some of the better ones but that is not to say that any other is worse. If you use barbs you want to make sure you have clamps as well.

For the coolant i would just use Laboratory grade distilled water with some Monsoon silver bullets.

For fans i recommend Akasa Apache or the re-branded version from Rosewill

Miscellaneous
    Flushing your blocks and radiators before install is always best as to remove contaminants that remain in the components during assembly.
    Hose cutters relevant to the type of tubing you are using either rigid or flex.
    Try to leak test outside your build to ensure you don't kill your components.
    A roll of bounty for leaks.
    A PSU jumper for starting the PSU without needing the motherboard for filling and flushing the loop of air.

Happy WCing.

P630 | P8Z77-V PRO | i5 3570k@4.7Ghz | ASUS STRIX-GTX1060-6G-GAMING CM Extreme Power Plus - 600W | 1x250GB 850EVO & 2x Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD | Patriot Viper 3 Series DDR3 16GB 2200MHz | XSPC Rs360 Kit | CM Storm QuickFire TK | Corsair M90 | Acer GN246HL | Canon PIXMA MG5320 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile