New Skinny Tile tracker fits in your wallet, helps you find everything else

Author
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/08/31 18:36:09 (permalink)
Not sure if it fits the "computer news" but it's definitely a nice nifty tech device. All you do is stick it in things you think you might lose, and it's linked to your iPhone or Android. Stick it in your kids' coats so when they (e.g. lose their coat)", it will be easy to find.

Tile Slim works the same as what’s now called Tile Original. Using Bluetooth, your Apple or Android phone points you in the direction of your missing wallet, tablet, or backpack. If you still can’t locate it, tap the Find button and the device chirps. Tile Slim costs $30 or $25 each in a four-pack.

Tile uses embedded Bluetooth 4.0 to communicate with Tile software on your smartphone or tablet. Range is about 100-150 feet. You know you’re getting close when segments on an onscreen circle (there are eight segments total) turn green. At that point, you’ll either see the Tile and attached device, or you press the Find button to make the Tile chirp.

http://www.extremetech.com/electronics/234771-new-skinny-tile-tracker-fits-in-your-wallet-helps-you-find-everything-else
post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/08/31 19:01:25

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill

6 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: New Skinny Tile tracker fits in your wallet, helps you find everything else 2016/08/31 19:00:58 (permalink)
    What happen if you lose your iPhone

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: New Skinny Tile tracker fits in your wallet, helps you find everything else 2016/08/31 19:02:02 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    What happen if you lose your iPhone

Lmao, I thought of that when I first read the article.

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: New Skinny Tile tracker fits in your wallet, helps you find everything else 2016/08/31 20:18:43 (permalink)
    People who lose stuff just make me .  I don't understand why such a device is even necessary.  I move around from place to place a lot more than most people, have a very complicated life, and almost never lose anything.  The key is to always complete your last action and finish by placing whichever item in the same place every time.  Certain items go in certain pockets.  If you have the good fortune of usually having a home to go to, every thing goes in certain places.  If you don't have the good fortune of usually having a home to go to, make a home for every item in your backpack or luggage and always keep it thus.
    People who lose stuff are just plain careless and I don't have time to wait for them to get their act together.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: New Skinny Tile tracker fits in your wallet, helps you find everything else 2016/08/31 20:24:10 (permalink)
    Why are the things you lost, always in the last place you look ?

post edited by Cool GTX - 2016/08/31 20:51:13

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: New Skinny Tile tracker fits in your wallet, helps you find everything else 2016/08/31 20:50:22 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    People who lose stuff just make me .  I don't understand why such a device is even necessary.  I move around from place to place a lot more than most people, have a very complicated life, and almost never lose anything.  The key is to always complete your last action and finish by placing whichever item in the same place every time.  Certain items go in certain pockets.  If you have the good fortune of usually having a home to go to, every thing goes in certain places.  If you don't have the good fortune of usually having a home to go to, make a home for every item in your backpack or luggage and always keep it thus.
    People who lose stuff are just plain careless and I don't have time to wait for them to get their act together.

Oh, come on Tyger, you know your kids have lost their coats before when you were rushing out the door to get to work. 

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: New Skinny Tile tracker fits in your wallet, helps you find everything else 2016/08/31 20:56:17 (permalink)
    stalinx20
    ty_ger07

Oh, come on Tyger, you know your kids have lost their coats before when you were rushing out the door to get to work. 

I'll agree, when people break their routine; usually because of an interruption - they put something down with little thought.

Other times, someone else moves them for you: cat, dog , children, visiting relatives & friends

Then there is plain old sleep deprived zombies .....

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile