EVGA

New RAID ROM

Page: << < ..1112 > Showing page 11 of 12
Author
rancer420
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/29 22:18:59 (permalink)
AHCI is for ssds trim right? 

My computer runs lke its not in trim mode.  Ive done everythign I can do to it and my speeds are slow on the ssd sata 2 intel ports.

and I have a HDD mechanical sata and W7 will not install to it with the comptuer IN AHCI mode. 

SO without a hack how do i go from W7 to trim ahci goign on my computer?  Hacking the ahci mode you done that switching from IDE to AHCI mode when you get an ssd.  To boot the computer up to it.  The Mechanical HDD sata, won't work when Windows 7 installs to it.

well lets put it like this.  this mode worked on my ICH9R and thats what IM getting at. 

if anyone can help i posted here since this topics read a lot.   I just want the full ssd speeds i get on ich9r.  IM USING ALL THIS STOCK (Deleted for Language) so it seems really bad of a MB if this is what it is, this FTW3 and i thought more that this problem would be more pick a ble out-a-ble.  thats why i didnt give a right up what it does... 

AHCI TRIM and 245mb Write speeds seem to work like that for a reason and is there a way to fix, hack whatever it on an x58 ftw3?
thanks.

im asking cause i dont got another board, unless your going to give me yours.
post edited by XrayMan - 2015/12/30 23:53:35
rancer420
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/30 00:40:16 (permalink)
henryvits
rancer420anyone who can help me get my motherboard going

Your post is a little difficult to understand. It sounds like you never had Trim working regardless of the BIOS version. All I can tell you is that I've never had any issues with my modded BIOS. I'm currently on Windows 10, and Trim seems to be working. My BIOS has always been set to RAID, even though I only use a single SSD. I suggest you try it from scratch with my latest BIOS, which I'm about to upload. Put all your drives on the Intel controller, if you can. Set BIOS to RAID instead of AHCI. Then do a clean install with all the latest drivers. Good luck!

I don't want to hear all these fake words.  I want trim to work on an ssd drive thats all.  TRIM it period.  it worked with ich9r and so YEA I DID have ssd trim going.  Not now.  I did use the bios and the drivers.  already.

And I'm not about ready to use those drivers again.  Just because you uploaded a small revision change doesnt mean my computers going to work now with these, but oh not the other ones.  IF trim is or isnt on I dont know.  But the speeds on my ssds on the intel ich ports are too slow.  too... bad speed benchmarks. 

My ICH9R went faster, trim worked, so Yes I have had trim working.  Im not about to use some small revision change to reformat my whole computer to test this.

I dont think this had anythign to do with it.  I SAID once already i used this bios and it was in raid and used the driver.  I tried other older drivers.  But i did try the new driver.  TRIM or the speed of the ssd never went up.  When my cmputer BLUESCREENED and wouldnt boot up any more< FIRST i tested with a restore point and was able to boot back up, after switching from raid to ahci.  But the computer would NOT boot up after switching from raid to ahci then back.  Wouldnt boot up switched, and switching back, didnt work. 

And bios revisions I used the 83 bios and the drivers from the site and these ssds run this slow, if its TRIM or what.. but it don't work.  WHy does 10.1 OROM with 10.1 ICH9R work with trim but not, with the 83 stock bios and the drivers?  why is the ssds' slow?  if its slow, or trim, its not .. close to the ich9r. 

so another revision I dont thin is it.  Im posting here for the attention since this forum section isnt got that many topics going on it, to see if someone can see this and has seen this problem, and could help me out. 

NO revision bios or driver fixes ANYTHING about this motherboards many problems.

wont install w7 to a HDD in ahci.
slow or no TRIM ssd speed's..
Don't kow what to do, a hdd wont install w7 on it, so i can try to work on the ssds so nothing works.  board is a bust but from what iVE HEARD it sounds familiar.  newer revision of driver orom won't do nothing. 

I just need the right settings.  or something or whatever.  I didnt tell anyone to turn on ahci for SSD TRIM or anything else.  W7 and this motherboard and a HDD in ahci will NOT WORK TOGETHER.  that, slow ssd speeds and the TRIM OR NOT.  IDE OR AHCI its the same thing.  somethign about TRIM AHCI and IDE are mixed up.  no revision of ICH is going to fix this FTW3..
henryvits
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 141
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/30 16:01:42 (permalink)
I'm not sure what to say to this guy

One thing to note is that Trim in RAID0 will not work without additional modding on this chipset (ICH10R). There used to be a guy that made mods of the latest ROMs, but he seems to have stopped doing so. This is not a big deal. Trim does work in single-drive mode, though. I can personally confirm this.

Anyone complaining about slow SSD speeds, keep in mind that the X58-based boards are now close to eight years old. They cap at a SATA rate of 3Gb/s and will not get the most out of your modern SSD. Deal with it, or buy a newer motherboard
rancer420
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/30 22:27:44 (permalink)
henryvits

One thing to note is that Trim in RAID0 will not work without additional modding on this chipset (ICH10R). There used to be a guy that made mods of the latest ROMs, but he seems to have stopped doing so. This is not a big deal. Trim does work in single-drive mode, though. I can personally confirm this.

Anyone complaining about slow SSD speeds, keep in mind that the X58-based boards are now close to eight years old. They cap at a SATA rate of 3Gb/s and will not get the most out of your modern SSD. Deal with it, or buy a newer motherboard

every trouble-shooting tip you suggest here, doesnt apply to me.  since you only asked me to make sure my bios was in RAID instead! of IDE.  I suggest quit suggesting me and everybody else suggestions.  I dont if to believe what you've even posted here.  I wouldnt trust your mods or intel or ms or evga. 

but at least someone could help me troubleshoot, or has a fix for y hardware issue its not a complaint.

no your right dude i want more than what it was i got, i want more out of it and i want new stuff but i got old stuff.  thats right.  instead.  no i have a hardware or software conflict issue or vice versa the first part hardware-software. you are modding for this and you shoudnt be complaining when information is gave to you and the best of a troubleshoot you offered me was, switch it to raid and make sure it isnt in ide.   its a software hardware issue and its coming up and being glaringly obvious and your insults at me to try to cover it up, are not funny.

yea man i want something more than what i got.  why dont yuo just send me your entire pc collection or buy me one to shut me up.
post edited by rancer420 - 2015/12/30 22:35:17
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/30 22:27:54 (permalink)

With the complaints I will just say the following. The person asking the questions needs to be clear on what he wants, and the people responding need to understand the questions, and give good answers. Seems the person is very picky on the help that he gets, which for the record, I'm not knocking. No more attacking the other guy here.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
rancer420
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/30 22:47:33 (permalink)
im not complaining here.  i wrote down everything here, and he's intentionally ignoring it.  this isnt his topic and i made a response to the first post. 

if he's sabotoged this thread or think he has then he's sabatoged this forum section, which is EXACTLY PRECISELY the  reasson i posted in this topic for, for that reason.  i want him gone. 

this isnt complaints and if he wants to complain about me and insult me he can buy me a new computer.  waste of my time.

instead of acknowledging my hardware problems he calls them complaints and says i want more out of it.  than what i got..  yea sure i want more than my ich9r could do, and that is a complaint no wait i want what my ich9r could put out.  ive not touched those sata 6g's yet.  im using the ich10r 3g's.  so where is this complaint?  so my other question, only I have here is where is my, computer in a box being shpped to me at?
post edited by rancer420 - 2015/12/30 22:51:07
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/30 22:55:12 (permalink)
rancer420
im not complaining here.  i wrote down everything here, and he's intentionally ignoring it.  this isnt his topic and i made a response to the first post. 

if he's sabotoged this thread or think he has then he's sabatoged this forum section, which is EXACTLY PRECISELY the  reasson i posted in this topic for, for that reason.  i want him gone. 

this isnt complaints and if he wants to complain about me and insult me he can buy me a new computer.  waste of my time.

instead of acknowledging my hardware problems he calls them complaints and says i want more out of it.  than what i got..  yea sure i want more than my ich9r could do, and that is a complaint no wait i want what my ich9r could put out.  ive not touched those sata 6g's yet.  im using the ich10r 3g's.  so where is this complaint?  so my other question, only I have here is where is my, computer in a box being shpped to me at?

Rancer, can you start your own thread? It might be better.

Also, you probably just need to install windows in IDE mode, then do the registry fix and change the board to AHCI to get TRIM to work on his SSD, if that's the problem.

&nbsp
rancer420
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/30 23:27:52 (permalink)
im in the right topic section

its not me so dont point at me.  i dont care i dont you guys any bit of history.  he didnt even attempt at fixing my computer or troubleshooting anything.  what he says doesnt pertain to me or is a mockery. 

and i stated i was doing it for attention.  he refused to allow me to continue and puts out insults that i want more than i have.  I came from 775. here.  so thats not even a funny joke.  so do not point at me over this.  i put in my report and you can deal with it however.
post edited by rancer420 - 2015/12/30 23:42:13
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/30 23:37:10 (permalink)

As long as your talking about the motherboard that belongs in this section of the forums, then it's ok to post your own thread in this section. It's worth a try. May get your problem solved faster. Good luck with everything.

&nbsp
rancer420
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/30 23:44:02 (permalink)
who gives a crap anyway?

i didnt give him any slight hint i wanted anything else and i didnt mention anything else so he is just flat out insulting me.  and im not taking his crap.but you dnot dare remove his posts.  your right maybe itll get fixed quicker but, heyl.

he mentioned the other boards not me.  im on topic and this is the right, section and the topic is hardware and chps and my questions are hardware and chip related so im on topic.  lets just agree with that. 

anyway like i SAID before this is only for attention and this is the only topic here, and this forum sections dead.

its not HIS topic its not henvryvitis is a SCRIPT KIDDY.  who cares.  so i am on topic in the forum. lets not argue with me. 

im not in the mood after spending 12 days after getting this all, troubleshooting your board.  and with NOT one bit of help towards my endeavor one time.  my troubleshooting and searching has lead me to insults and attacking.  so leave me the heck alone im tired. 

i dont even know why you bother with modding bioses for.
post edited by rancer420 - 2015/12/31 00:02:46
rancer420
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/31 00:27:29 (permalink)
talking about a raid, rom means where talking about hardware on a board.  rom can be anything you do. 

if this is how its going to be i wont be buying from any of you guys no more.  you do not refund my wasted time 12 days trying to get this thing booted. 
XrayMan

As long as your talking about the motherboard that belongs in this section of the forums, then it's ok to post your own thread in this section. It's worth a try. May get your problem solved faster. Good luck with everything.

is this even serious?  he says someone could mod my bios and could help with it but he dont know who they are or where theyre at or if they'll ever even help me. THIS IS THE TOPIC THAT asked for a raid modded bios.  and he insults me. 

i will never buy any of your alls junk again.  i get insulted by some snobby nose who didnt even start the topic and then i get belittled. 

well, ok.  yea i wont be coming back to you guys since you serve these self centered egotistical pricks like henry here who straight threw an insult at me.  he was the one who modded the bios.  he threw it as an insult at me.  i just dont go there letting his modding do whatever.  but he's not worth any time if he cant even be bothered and insults me with THE TOPIC. 

whatever so whatever you know.  you serve his self centered egotistical butt and i wont  come back. 

ill figure it out if i have to code everything myself and intel can sue me for copyright.
rancer420
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/31 00:30:51 (permalink)
henryvits
UPDATED 12/29/2015 with latest available ROMs

Here are the links to all EVGA X58 motherboard BIOS 83 modded by me with the latest available Intel RAID Option ROM 14.8.2.2397 (may or may not work with TRIM), JMicron RAID Option ROM 1.07.28, and Realtek PXE ROM 2.64 (Marvell PXE ROM 6.6.2103 for 762 motherboard model). Mod tool used is CBROM v.198. The only BIOS I have actually tested is the E75783.bin file, which is for the X58 LE board. All BIOSes should work with these new ROMs, but I take absolutely no responsibility for any damage this may cause to your motherboard. Enjoy!

All files can be downloaded directly from my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1_E2jaFAbT2X1owTlVPcl9uc1E&usp=sharing

this quote is dated 2012/  and he tells me someone used to do this.  this is an updated post of what version he done then.  didnt he just decide to insinuate to make a reply to me and tell me i needed someone who modded bioses and he cant help me and doenst know anything or who they are or where they are or if they would even help me?  right?

right/ here?  so i need to now go to where?

http://s13.postimg.org/crmc2f48n/hddssdspeed.jpg

on your left ich9r and to the right is ich9r.  in the middle is ich10r.  on the same ssd drive.  the ich9r has one with an older oROM and an older chipset.  when i updated the bios with a newer oROM from like 9version to 10.1version, i realized my chipset drivers where older.  like 9 series.  so i went to 10 series version.  This is the results, on the ich9r's, the faster speed one is the newer driver's.  I did go back to the older bios and oROM and test with the newer chipsets, and the drivers pretty much made it better.  a little better with the newer oROM. 

henryvits

"They cap at a SATA rate of 3Gb/s"
would not be a quote taken from me.

everyting up there in bold which is the subject of all your senteces besides you dont know what to say to me whihc i read it all, are your quotes.  not anythign I said.  all your own personal quotes.

XrayMan

did i  ask you for permission to post a thread?  cause im still trying to figure out what im supposed to do.  maybe you should of took what i sent to you into consideration.  i dont take it very lightly at all when some guy tells me about hacking in a script kiddy kind of way when i have the same board as he does, an ich10r. 
what needs hacked or editted? 
?
post edited by rancer420 - 2015/12/31 00:56:15
rancer420
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/31 00:39:38 (permalink)
double POST
post edited by rancer420 - 2015/12/31 00:58:33
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/31 00:55:56 (permalink)

If your unable to get the answers you need in the forums, then I suggest calling Evga Tech support directly. Phone number is: 1-888-881-3842. I hope you get your problems resolved. Take care.

&nbsp
rancer420
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/31 00:58:20 (permalink)

XrayMan

did i  ask you for permission to post a thread?  cause im still trying to figure out what im supposed to do.  maybe you should of took what i sent to you into consideration.  i dont take it very lightly at all when some guy tells me about hacking in a script kiddy kind of way when i have the same board as he does, an ich10r. 
what needs hacked or editted? 
?

XrayMan

If your unable to get the answers you need in the forums, then I suggest calling Evga Tech support directly. Phone number is: 1-888-881-3842. I hope you get your problems resolved. Take care.

I posted just like the original poster did here too.  so henry cant tell me what to do.  i reported it, so, why dont you take action?

I guess yo uguys and windows 10 are in bed together right?   cause youd hate to delete one of henry's posts hed get mad and never come back to the forum again and it would stop your support of supporting w10 and dishing out your junk so you can make money right?

I guess ill just edit this once again.  Waste more forum space right?   Make a phone call right?  cuase you cant help me, right by letting me be able to use the forum to ask for technical support.  what a large support you have gave to me here.  today.  i Man i wouldnt know what to do if i didint know what a forum and a telephone is. 

man, you dont think maybe i could make my own motherboard do you?
post edited by rancer420 - 2015/12/31 01:10:55
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/31 01:31:29 (permalink)
rancer420

Now that I got to see. Love to see how that turns out. There was someone a few years ago that said he was going to make his own graphics card. He never could get it to work.  LOL.

&nbsp
henryvits
Superclocked Member
Re:New RAID ROM 2015/12/31 11:34:12 (permalink)
Wow.

I never meant to insult anyone. I think language is a little bit of a barrier here. For the record, I am not a hacker, I don't change anything inside files to make something like Trim work. I simply gather the latest ROMs and use a tool to insert them into the BIOS that EVGA created years ago. A five-year old could do what I do. I put a disclaimer in my original post, saying that I provide these files as is, without any guarantee that they work on any board other than the one that I tested with. I don't work for EVGA (although I live close by ). I don't have a support hotline, but I'm always here to help.

There isn't much to it. My modded BIOS works exactly like the original EVGA BIOS from 2011 that it is based on. It is possible that Intel has since changed the way the ROM interacts with the drivers and software. Over the years, this thread has had many posts of success, so it must be working for some. I always give the same advice. Set the BIOS to RAID. There is no downside to doing so over using AHCI. If you have more than one drive connected, the ROM will be invoked. If you have a single drive, like me, it won't. It is always best to do everything from scratch if you make a major change to the BIOS, and especially if the OS won't load properly.

That being said, if you are not willing to take a risk and be ready to troubleshoot in case something goes wrong, then this mod is not for you. I would hate to hear about someone losing all their data just because they wanted to try a newer RAID ROM. Besides, we're all probably deceiving ourselves here thinking that newer is better, when in fact it is very likely that Intel hasn't made any improvements for the X58 chipset since 2010 . I like new things, though, so I'm fine with the placebo effect.

Anyway, I'll keep providing these mods until I finally replace my trusty old X58 with something newer. I think this is the longest I've ever had the same motherboard. Kudos to EVGA.
DAVE2HOT4U
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1114
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:New RAID ROM 2016/01/07 04:01:15 (permalink)
henryvits, I have had to RMA my X-58 sli motherboard. I just got it back in the mail. I am about to reinstall windows 7 back into a new 400GB SSD. I would like to use the latest of everything as far as drivers goes. Could you please provide any information for this reinstall. I would like to have trim installed, I was going to load operating system in AHCI. Any help or comments from you would be greatly app. Dave
henryvits
Superclocked Member
Re:New RAID ROM 2016/01/07 15:51:04 (permalink)
DAVE2HOT4U
henryvits, I have had to RMA my X-58 sli motherboard. I just got it back in the mail. I am about to reinstall windows 7 back into a new 400GB SSD. I would like to use the latest of everything as far as drivers goes. Could you please provide any information for this reinstall. I would like to have trim installed, I was going to load operating system in AHCI. Any help or comments from you would be greatly app. Dave

Definitely set the BIOS to RAID instead of AHCI, even with a single drive. If you end up using my BIOS, just install the latest IRST once Windows is done installing. Grab the latest drivers for everything here:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?lang=en
http://www.necacom.net/
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/30530-latest-overclocking-programs-system-info-benchmarking-stability-tools.html
http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/index.php

Our motherboards don't support UEFI, so just boot from a regular ISO on either a disc or a USB stick. Install drivers in this order:

1. Chipset
  2. IRST
  3. Video
  4. remaining drivers

Good Luck!
DAVE2HOT4U
FTW Member
Re:New RAID ROM 2016/01/07 17:49:16 (permalink)
henryvits
DAVE2HOT4U

Definitely set the BIOS to RAID instead of AHCI, even with a single drive. If you end up using my BIOS, just install the latest IRST once Windows is done installing. Grab the latest drivers for everything here:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?lang=en
http://www.necacom.net/
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/30530-latest-overclocking-programs-system-info-benchmarking-stability-tools.html
http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/index.php

Our motherboards don't support UEFI, so just boot from a regular ISO on either a disc or a USB stick. Install drivers in this order:

1. Chipset
  2. IRST
  3. Video
  4. remaining drivers

Good Luck!

THANKS Your the Greatest !
rancer420
Re:New RAID ROM 2016/01/08 06:51:51 (permalink)
XrayMan
rancer420

Now that I got to see. Love to see how that turns out. There was someone a few years ago that said he was going to make his own graphics card. He never could get it to work.  LOL.

and your going to quote me on this?  i mean here you are and im asking question yur a motherboard maker right?  guy works for evga.  and you quoted me.   .. well, ok then.  sure like its IMPOSSIBLE, but you cant even give me a tip on this board.

as for calling numbers or writing posts, dont gotta already here.

for you henryvitis i dont care what you think about me and for the record you can go back to your 3rd world country and make your kiddy script hacks and i wisehd youd never posted 1 mod on this forum.  yo have been of no help to me even me learning how to use a such complicated idea as DOS or something to run an EXE in and type some command then -r to GO.  too hard too hard or even to type /h to get HELP which your probably a windows 7 head, not xp and dont know what HELP in a program is or care for it.  youve not even helped me as much as to learn how to start to RUN one of those programs so really, really you can shut your mouth at me and any little insinuations.

i beta tested for you, i gave my results.  im not talking to you you must be brain dead.  i came here to ask questions.  this thread, has nothing to do with you.  as far as im concerned i wished youd never made 1 mod.  now what? 

please stop talking to me and talk to somebody who gives a crap.  im in the right topic to ask my question
rancer420
Re:New RAID ROM 2016/01/08 06:59:55 (permalink)
hey guys i opened up a program dn typed up 2 sentecnes today my names henryivitis now go download my mod dur dur dur. 
the only language barrier i see here is you dont speak english cause i didnt see your name anywhere right?  or maybe its yoru blind too and see things.  whatever the problem is its always you blaiming everybody else.  just please stop making your mods and leave this thread.  go make your own thread. 
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:New RAID ROM 2016/01/08 10:14:22 (permalink)

This thread has run it's course, and is over 3 years old. This thread has also derailed. Locking.

&nbsp
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:New RAID ROM 2016/01/08 19:42:37 (permalink)

*I was asked to unlock this thread, because it is helpful still to others. Just be advised if there are any more problems, they will be dealt with accordingly. Thank you.

Unlocking.

&nbsp
henryvits
Superclocked Member
Re:New RAID ROM 2016/01/09 12:14:41 (permalink)
Appreciate it!
DAVE2HOT4U
FTW Member
Re:New RAID ROM 2016/01/09 14:41:36 (permalink)
XrayMan

*I was asked to unlock this thread, because it is helpful still to others. Just be advised if there are any more problems, they will be dealt with accordingly. Thank you.

Unlocking.

+1
remenaker
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 356
Re:New RAID ROM 2016/01/12 18:07:12 (permalink)
+1 to thank you for unlocking it.
Thank you for the new bios rom and it is working
great for me on my E770 board.
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:New RAID ROM 2016/01/12 22:02:23 (permalink)

No problem guys. Always want to do what's best for the community.       

&nbsp
EnochRoot
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 207
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: New RAID ROM 2016/01/24 14:15:36 (permalink)
These forums are confusing the hell outta me.  I can't change the sort order.  Anyway, thanks for the work Henry.

The E760 12/29/15 BIOS works fine, but it seems Intel's RST driver blob will never let me(E760) update past 14.5.2.1088.

Processor:  GenuineIntel Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 3.591  GHz
BIOS:  Phoenix Technologies, LTD, 6.00 PG

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise Information
Kit installed:  14.5.2.1088
User interface version:  14.5.2.1088
Language:  English (United States)
RAID option ROM version:  14.8.2.2397
Driver version:  14.5.2.1088
ISDI version:  14.5.2.1088

There seems to be some kind of intel chipset difference between the lower model number boards(E759) and the later(E760).  The newer driver blobs just won't run.
I can install them fine.  It just hard freezes on boot.  Intel hasn't been very cooperative with their RST drivers.  They have unified everything else(Network/CPU/Motherboard/Video Card), but for RAID it's just one big long data screwing middle finger.  It's run by amateur hour ****s.

/ramble mode 1

Just wanted to let you know I appreciate the work, but I'll be abandoning Intel(they abandoned me) for a 3ware/LSI/Avago raid card.

http://www.avagotech.com/products/server-storage/raid-controllers/#tab-12Gb1

Maybe a M.2 PCIE card later if I think the drives won't melt my mobo into a silicon puddle.  It's like watching a stove kick on on infra red.  Thermal throttling is the rule, not the exception.  So it's a bit cherry for my tastes.  Prefer my computers to have a bit more experience at not burning out in a month. 

In any case, thank you for your work.  Please continue, and I'll continue testing.  If you have any doubt about the longevity of these boards, look up what these boards CPU's are selling for on ebay.  And they sell like hotcakes.  This platform is nowhere near dead.  People are just dropping coin on a i7-990x and skipping the drama of a new computer. 

/ramble mode 0
post edited by EnochRoot - 2016/01/24 14:28:44
henryvits
Superclocked Member
Re: New RAID ROM 2016/01/24 17:43:02 (permalink)
That's too bad you can't use the newer drivers. For me it's not quite time to move on yet. I stopped gaming a while ago, mostly due to having young kids and no extra room for daddy to get away from it all  So, no new mobo/CPU for me just yet. The X58 rig is sitting in the living room, and I use it as my HTPC. Last year, I put in a GTX 960 for video rendering with madVR. That box still kicks ass!
Page: << < ..1112 > Showing page 11 of 12
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile