New 1060 ISSUES

Author
CNCRaymond
  • Total Posts : 83
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/08/29 23:30:30 (permalink)
Hello,

I literally just got the card Friday of last week, and already it is having issues.  I bought an EVGA GTX 1060 SC from newegg on Wednesday of last week and it arrived Friday and I installed it.  Installed the drivers for it and ran it all weekend without issue. Today, I am getting these large static blasts across my second monitor at random intervals.  It is HDMI.  The HDMI cable is new, and the monitor is fine.  When used with other systems it has no issues.  I checked just to be safe.  Now I have not seen the static splash on my AVI monitor yet.  The card is running  at stock settings, I have not intentions of fiddling with overclocking.  Its temperature is a steady 64c at idle.  Driver version is 372.54.  I did not install any of the 3D drivers or other nonsense that come with Nvida these days.  Just the display and physic drivers. 

The static lines literally just splash onto the screen and vanish.  They are across the center of the screen and about three rows.  They appear while I am viewing web sites or if it is just displaying the desk top.  This has happened both while I have been playing a game, and doing nothing but reading web posts.

No offense EVGA but if this card is bad, I will not buy another product from EVGA.  I have stood by EVGA for years and have talked a couple hundred people into buying your cards, boards, and other products because of brand loyalty and all, but I can't go through the nightmare of your RMA system again and have DOA card after DOA card sent to me over the course of a year.  I just can't do that again. And I am sorry about that EVGA but it's the honest to God truth. I simply cannot go through that soul-sucking process again. 

If anyone else is having the issue please post.  Otherwise, if it continues I will return the card and go buy and ASUS or other.  Right now I am just depressed about this to the point of being physically ill.  Brand new card and it's a lemon.  Good God.

Invidia - FIX YOUR DRIVERS!

AMD Ryzen -5900X
MSI Mag B550 Tomahawk
EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
Intel 665p 1TB M.2-2280 Nvme SSD
Emermax Liqmax II (240) AIO
Corsair BX500 1TB SSD
GSkill Trident Z 64gig @ 3600
Corsair 4000D Air Flow
Super Flower Leader III 750w 80Plus Gold
--
Intel 10850K
Asus Tuf Gaming B560M Plus Wifi
Evga RTX 3060 Ti XC
Intel 665P M.2 Mvme SSD
EVGA CLC 240 AIO
Phanteks P360 A
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32g @3200
EVGA Super Nova 750w Gold

1 Reply Related Threads

CoercionShaman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1788
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: New 1060 ISSUES 2016/08/30 06:13:42 (permalink)
    Have you tried a different cable with the monitor that has issues?  When you say it works with other systems, do they have the same 1060 GPU?  I know it seems unlikely, but I have seen a cable work numerous times with one card and then not after a GPU or monitor upgrade.  Granted, it could be the card, but I would try a different cable first.

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?~Stobaeus
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile